What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Move AB for this in PPR? (1 Viewer)

ffmail4me

Footballguy
Concerned about the move even though Gruden loves  his vets. Would you make this trade in a 12 team PPR with this roster? 

Give: AB & Jared Cook 
Get:  A. Miller, 2020 1st, 1.6, Everette 

Current Roster: 
Wentz, Big Ben, Darnold 
Barkley, Guice, Lindsay, Gio, Lewis 
AB, Mike Williams, Sutton, Pettis, Crowder, Samuel, Quinn 
Howard, Cook, Gesicki
Picks 1.8, 1.10, 1.11, 2.2, 2.8

assuming a mid 2020, this trade is pretty fair on DTC and DLF trade calculator. both have you giving up slightly more.

I guess I'd ask- why do you need to make this move? 5 draft picks already. do you have a taxi squad? 

I just traded Miller for 1.10 and 3.5, so I'm biased, but I see his ceiling as a wr2. he is disqualified by the wr1 miss detector as being likely to be a future wr1. 

what's at 1.6 that youd like to take that you can't take at 1.8?

I guess I'm not sure why you want to move AB considering your roster

if I owned ab I'd be selling, as I think hes at a sell high, but you're not getting a young up and comer... you're getting Miller and 1.6. 2020 1st is nice, but I'd rather have a better wr... a known commodity. 

if you're a Miller fan then I'd say go for it. if you're indifferent then I'd pass. I'm just not sure 1.6 is worth it blind

assuming a mid 2020, this trade is pretty fair on DTC and DLF trade calculator. both have you giving up slightly more.

I guess I'd ask- why do you need to make this move? 5 draft picks already. do you have a taxi squad? 

I just traded Miller for 1.10 and 3.5, so I'm biased, but I see his ceiling as a wr2. he is disqualified by the wr1 miss detector as being likely to be a future wr1. 

what's at 1.6 that youd like to take that you can't take at 1.8?

I guess I'm not sure why you want to move AB considering your roster

if I owned ab I'd be selling, as I think hes at a sell high, but you're not getting a young up and comer... you're getting Miller and 1.6. 2020 1st is nice, but I'd rather have a better wr... a known commodity. 

if you're a Miller fan then I'd say go for it. if you're indifferent then I'd pass. I'm just not sure 1.6 is worth it blind
It appears most people aren't touching AB right now. Even guy who sent this offer said it "I am probably the only one in the league even considering buying him" and so far it appears he's right. Doesn't mean I have to sell him at this price of course, but 1.6 does intrigue me (perhaps more than A. Miller in fact) as I think having a shot at Montgomery/Jacobs/Butler would benefit my roster (I'd love for Brown, Harry, Metcalf to fall but don't expect that in many leagues) I'm truly on the fence, offer is sitting there but just can't seem to make myself take it. Appreciate the response Dan, this place is a grave yard. 

It appears most people aren't touching AB right now. Even guy who sent this offer said it "I am probably the only one in the league even considering buying him" and so far it appears he's right. Doesn't mean I have to sell him at this price of course, but 1.6 does intrigue me (perhaps more than A. Miller in fact) as I think having a shot at Montgomery/Jacobs/Butler would benefit my roster (I'd love for Brown, Harry, Metcalf to fall but don't expect that in many leagues) I'm truly on the fence, offer is sitting there but just can't seem to make myself take it. Appreciate the response Dan, this place is a grave yard. 
Yes, youd have a real shot at those 3 guys. It's possible one of the other 3 could fall significantly. 

What are the needs to picks 4 and 5? If they have serious wr needs then you're probably looking at Montgomery falling. Your pick 8 might be just out of reach of Henderson. 

Knowing what your target is, this could be a pretty solid trade in the end. Like I said, the two trade calculators have this even. FBG dynasty chart has this in your favor. I'd like it better if 1.6 were on the clock and you knew your choices 

True. And I might (and might not) have the benefit of waiting that long to see what is there on the clock at 1.6. Of course the first report of drama with AB in Oakland and I'm sure he'll pull the offer. Looking at my roster, I do think WR is my biggest need, but I'd absolutely take Montgomery or Jacobs at 1.6 if they landed at a good spot. And I'm sure I'll take at least 1 TE by 1.11, although if none are gone by then and I think Hock or Faunt would fall after my 1.11 I'd take one of them with the 2.2. A lot is going to depend on the NFL draft as we all know. 

I hold on the offer.  I like your team better without making the deal.  Its reasonable but a lot of question marks and like presented earlier you have a ton of picks so the picks don't give you that big of a bump.  I think Brown's value will go up as the season starts going and he performs.  I still think he is solid and depending on your season is going you could move him mid season for 2020 picks as needed.  

Also, by the comment from the other owner you may be able to get more from him.  If he was on the borderline with what he was willing to give I don't think he makes that comment. 

Users who are viewing this thread