What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Denver-area districts close schools Wednesday amid 'credible threat' (1 Viewer)

Mile High

Footballguy
DENVER — At least 20 Denver-area school districts have canceled classes Wednesday as authorities continue to investigate credible threats they say were made by an 18-year-old Florida woman "infatuated with (the) Columbine school shooting."

Sol Pais is wanted for questioning after the FBI learned she had flown into Denver International Airport Monday and purchased a shotgun and ammunition, forcing several schools, including Columbine, to lock their doors for nearly three hours Tuesday. Her last known whereabouts were somewhere in the Jefferson County foothills, authorities said.

https://www.thedenverchannel.com/news/local-news/denver-area-districts-deciding-how-to-handle-wednesday-classes-amid-threats

Last edited by a moderator:
We live up in the mountains west of Denver (>1 hour drive) and some parents up here are talking about not sending their kids to school, which seems like overkill to me.

I'm more worried about the kids in Denver.  It was eye-opening to hear the police mention that law enforcement is aware of (and tracks) 'numerous people' that are infatuated with the Columbine shootings. F them all.

I live an hour north of Denver and all the schools are closed up here as well.....I think there are well over 120+ school districts closed today because of this disturbed young lady

She blogged "I am the face of loneliness and misery." Classmates described her as quiet and awkward, but not wierd. AP and honors student. It seems like she has no gun experience. My daughter went to Beach High one year, where talking about a gun would stand out. 

Still snowy up there right now. 
Said it was a campground - closest one that I know of is Chicago Creeks which is down a bit from Echo Lake towards Idaho Springs. You can't go beyond Echo Lake at this time of the year.  I would imagine there is still some snow there but not the depths you see on Mt Evans itself

Local media reports said Pais took an Uber to an area near the Echo Lake Lodge at the base of Mount Evans in Clear Creek County, Colorado.
- Miami Herald

- Yaknow, I'd think at that point, you'd take a look at the natural beauty, realize you're in a new state with a new life, and just start over. Horribly sad waste of a young life.

- Miami Herald

- Yaknow, I'd think at that point, you'd take a look at the natural beauty, realize you're in a new state with a new life, and just start over. Horribly sad waste of a young life.

It's even more beautiful to those of us who live in flat South Florida. Visiting Nepal and helping the locals with English and environmental awareness several summers ago helped one of my daughters with her mood disorder.  

Sol lived just a few blocks from the Atlantic Ocean, and probably visited the beautiful beaches many times with her family. Depression can be very lonely no matter where you are, but a change of scenery sometimes helps.

Users who are viewing this thread