What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

3rd Year in a row, Patriots end with two home games. (1 Viewer)

gcoast3

Footballguy
3rd year in a row, the Patriots do not have to go on the road the last 2 weeks.  Nice schedule. Chiefs, Cowboys and Steelers at home as well.  Thanks NFL. 

3rd year in a row, the Patriots do not have to go on the road the last 2 weeks.  Nice schedule. Chiefs, Cowboys and Steelers at home as well.  Thanks NFL. 
Ya I don't get where' you're going with this.  How is going on the road late in the year better than doing it earlier in the year?  This doesn't seem like much of an advantage. 

Everyone has the same amount of H/A games.  If anything, they're wasting these home games on likely meaningless games at the end of the year vs Buffalo and Miami.

Ya I don't get where' you're going with this.  How is going on the road late in the year better than doing it earlier in the year?  This doesn't seem like much of an advantage. 

Everyone has the same amount of H/A games.  If anything, they're wasting these home games on likely meaningless games at the end of the year vs Buffalo and Miami.
He was just setting Leroy Hoard up.

Exactly. They can rest Tom and whomever else at home? (If they choose to) 

The league has a predefined template for the annual schedule. So as soon as the prior season ends, the league knows each team’s opponents and home and away games. No one gets any special treatment and there is no decision making other than  which week each game will be scheduled. 

NE will have an advantage this season the way things played out as they have only one game outside of the Eastern time zone (at HOU). They hardly have to travel much at all this year. But that makes up for years where they had multiple road games out West. 

Patriots won the superbowl but don't get the Thursday night opener. 

Patriots play the dolphins in Miami in September which is a loss. 

Patriots get an NFL100 game - against the giants. Thanks Roger. 

Patriots play the chiefs as their week 14 game in a game that has a huge impact on the likely superbowl matchups. The patriots take their longest road trip week 13. They also play 3 of their toughest games in weeks 11 to 13. The chiefs have a week 12 bye and a home game against the raiders in week 13. 

And those two home games in late December - don't get me wrong, i love going to a game no matter what, but those are not good for Robert Kraft. Who is going out of their way to buy beer when it's 12 degrees out? Who is buying tickets to a late season game against the Bills? 

I'm not saying that they were treated unfairly, but i don't think this is a conspiracy to help the Patriots by any means. 

im more angry over how awful  everyone else in their division has been  for the past 20 years
The Pats record outside of the AFC East is better than their record inside the AFC East during that time frame. I do not like the Pats at all but this is such a tired and false narrative. The Jets, Phins and Bills have all had seasons where they have been good during that time frame and every other division has some perennial bad teams in them.

The Pats record outside of the AFC East is better than their record inside the AFC East during that time frame. I do not like the Pats at all but this is such a tired and false narrative. The Jets, Phins and Bills have all had seasons where they have been good during that time frame and every other division has some perennial bad teams in them.
On top of that, facing NE twice a year drops each AFC team’s record substantially. I don’t remember the exact numbers, but the other teams’ winning percentage against out of division foes was somewhere in the middle compared to the other 7 divisions out of division records since the league switched to the current scheduling format in 2002.  I do remember the AFC South had by far the worst out of division record, which was around a 35% winning percentage. 

pretty much every team is going to be playing 2 division games the last two weeks....at least in the last 3....or so

And Patriots play three teams coming off their bye weeks, most in the NFL. 
One of them is after their bye week too though so it's a bit of a wash on that one.

But ya, I wouldn't say they have an easy schedule based on their predetermined opponents.  Probably harder layout than average.  Thread fail.

Sorry buddy, didn’t know that was a requirement to post in a forum. Will take note. Like your forum name....
When someone else already brought this up and it was discussed in detail, it would be nice if you didn't post the exact same thing without adding to it.  So yes, I think a quick look over what people have already discussed should be done.

When someone else already brought this up and it was discussed in detail, it would be nice if you didn't post the exact same thing without adding to it.  So yes, I think a quick look over what people have already discussed should be done.
For your internet browsing satisfaction I will try to dedicate more time reading all the posts in a topic prior to commenting. If I mess up in the future and miss something....feel free not to comment and just ignore the post or ignore me as a poster altogether (as I think that is an option).

For your internet browsing satisfaction I will try to dedicate more time reading all the posts in a topic prior to commenting. If I mess up in the future and miss something....feel free not to comment and just ignore the post or ignore me as a poster altogether (as I think that is an option).
Thank you for your understanding.  We appreciate it. 

Users who are viewing this thread