What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

President Trump believes Putin over the US Intelligence Agencies. 11.27.19 IC Updates Congreff BEFORE hearings Ukraine had nothing to do with it (1 Viewer)

Is this alarming to you? If not please explain why.

• Total voters

Sheriff Bart

Footballguy
Last edited by a moderator:
I couldn't disagree with @KCitonsany more on gun laws but props for being honest.  :thumbup: I'm sure having Trump as the Commander in Chief while your child is active duty is more than unsettling. 

Yeah it’s a real problem. It is at the heart all the “Russia stuff”. Russia made massive efforts to interfere with our election and will continue to. Trump denies this and provides cover for them. 

None of the Trump supporters wanted to answer this question in the Russian thread so thought I would take another angle. 

Public poll for complete transparency. 

February 2019

I believe Putin': Trump dismissed US advice on North Korea threat, says McCabe

July 2018

Trump sides with Russia against FBI at Helsinki summit

November 2017

Trump chooses Putin's word over the US intelligence community’s — again
So know one would answer you in the Russian thread.  So you start a new thread.  This feels like a troll thread or an example of abuse in starting duplicate threars about Trump.  Maybe a look at me threat.

So know one would answer you in the Russian thread.  So you start a new thread.  This feels like a troll thread or an example of abuse in starting duplicate threars about Trump.  Maybe a look at me threat.
A troll thread?  Asking a question about specific things is now trolling?

Ilov80s said:
Yeah it’s a real problem. It is at the heart all the “Russia stuff”. Russia made massive efforts to interfere with our election and will continue to. Trump denies this and provides cover for them. 
Not sure it was a massive effort.  Hacking email accounts and deploying a hotdog vendor to sink a billion dollar election with dankass memes doesn't seem like a large-scale operation.

Not sure it was a massive effort.  Hacking email accounts and deploying a hotdog vendor to sink a billion dollar election with dankass memes doesn't seem like a large-scale operation.
The fact that you post stuff like this only serves to discredit your whole position on the Russia stuff.  

if you have to misrepresent and exaggerate to make your point, it isn’t a very good one.  

I am more referring to 

“previously observed suspicious or malicious cyber activity against government networks in 21 states that we assessed was a Russian campaign seeking vulnerabilities and access to election infrastructure," 

“The FBI and DHS assess that Russian government cyber actors probably conducted research and reconnaissance against all US states’ election networks leading up to the 2016 Presidential elections."

Bump since "Russia hoax" is making a comeback.

Charges of Ukrainian Meddling? A Russian Operation, U.S. Intelligence Says

The Republican defense of Mr. Trump became central to the impeachment proceedings when Fiona Hill, a respected Russia scholar and former senior White House official, added a harsh critique during testimony on Thursday. She told some of Mr. Trump’s fiercest defenders in Congress that they were repeating “a fictional narrative.” She said that it likely came from a disinformation campaign by Russian security services, which also propagated it.

In a briefing that closely aligned with Dr. Hill’s testimony, American intelligence officials informed senators and their aides in recent weeks that Russia had engaged in a yearslong campaign to essentially frame Ukraine as responsible for Moscow’s own hacking of the 2016 election, according to three American officials. The briefing came as Republicans stepped up their defenses of Mr. Trump in the Ukraine affair.

would normally be alarmed if a president did this, but it's trump.  I have yet to get any indication from him that he actually cares about or respects US security. 

Poor Bill Barr's investigation into an invesgation is shaping up to be worse than a nothingburger.  Not sure what to call it, a blackholeburger with a side of anti-matter fries?

I don't understand how people are so uncritical of anonymous 'intelligence officials' after Iraq WMDs.  

Ukraine did in fact involve itself in the 2016 election.  That's obviously a separate question from whether they hacked the emails- but they did "interfere" in the election with the express intent of hurting Donald Trump.  That's a fact: https://yasha.substack.com/p/ukraine-and-meddling-in-2016-a2c

I don't understand how people are so uncritical of anonymous 'intelligence officials' after Iraq WMDs.  

Ukraine did in fact involve itself in the 2016 election.  That's obviously a separate question from whether they hacked the emails- but they did "interfere" in the election with the express intent of hurting Donald Trump.  That's a fact: https://yasha.substack.com/p/ukraine-and-meddling-in-2016-a2c
Yasha.substack?

I am more referring to 

“previously observed suspicious or malicious cyber activity against government networks in 21 states that we assessed was a Russian campaign seeking vulnerabilities and access to election infrastructure," 

“The FBI and DHS assess that Russian government cyber actors probably conducted research and reconnaissance against all US states’ election networks leading up to the 2016 Presidential elections."
The supposed threat from the "suspicious or malicious cyber activity," which many people called an "attack" on our election systems, was "simple scanning" according to DHS Under Sec Christopher Krebs.  Watch him explain it here: https://www.c-span.org/video/?c4711628/user-clip-dhs-sec-christopher-krebs-russian-scanning-11-29-17

So often these claims just get repeated enough that they eventually come to be accepted as the truth.  But there was no significant attack on the election system, the only known ones were minor compromises of voter registration systems and routine scans- there is no indication that they ever affected vote tallying systems.  

Regardless, I agree with you that there needs to be a more honest system in place for voters (blockchain, paper backups, easy registration, accessible voting facilities).  But overwrought, unfounded fearmongering of a Russian invasion of our election system undermines faith in the process too, and needs to stop.  

I just thought this was interesting:

Former official says Trump often refused to believe his intelligence briefings

One of President Donald Trump's most common responses to intelligence briefings is to doubt what he's being told, former Deputy Director of Intelligence Susan Gordon said Tuesday.

Gordon, an intelligence veteran of more than 30 years, said Monday that Trump had two typical responses to briefings.

"One, 'I don't think that's true,'" Gordon told the Women's Foreign Policy Group.

"The one is 'I'm not sure I believe that,'" Gordon continued, "and the other is the second order and third order effects. 'Why is that true? Why are we there? Why is this what you believe? Why do we do that?' Those sorts of things."

Gordon seemed to suggest that it was more difficult trying to figure out where the President had gotten the information that was shaping his beliefs and opinions than dealing with his tendency to doubt what he was being told.

Speaking of Trump's disbelief, Gordon said, "Remember, intelligence is fundamentally a craft of uncertainty and of possibility, so that doesn't put you off. It's trying to catch up to how you adjudicate the sources that led him to believe that and how you respond to it."

...Gordon said Tuesday that serving in the intelligence community had been the honor of a lifetime, calling it "the greatest job ever."

"Intelligence is a lovely discipline," she said, "that all you have to do is pursue the truth as hard as you can and then represent it in a manner that policy can be formed."

Her career included briefing President Ronald Reagan as a 28-year-old, and that longevity in the field gave her some perspective on Trump compared to other presidents. She painted a picture of a commander in chief tightly focused on the economic aspects of national security issues. Trump's questioning, she said, had a "disproportionately" economic bent to it.

She also noted that Trump arrived in the White House without the framework or foundation that presidents usually have to understand and analyze intelligence reports.

He was the first president "in my experience that had no foundation or framework to understand what the limits of intelligence are, what the purpose of it was and the way that we discuss it," Gordon said, comparing it to "like playing pickup basketball with one runner. Right, everyone else knows how the game moves and plays and you have one person that comes in and plays and is just so different. That that in of itself is just so different."

Trump "asked different questions, he pursued the different -- he had different trusts," she said. ...

I know who Yasha Levine is fwiw. But this is sort of funny reading this. Basically the accusation is that Leshchenko is pro-reform, works in tandem with NABU, hates the Regions Party? Yes, it's true, the confession has been made! It's ludicrous to claim that internal politics and efforts at reform are in actuality political interference in other countries just because they have ramifications there - Leshchenko was right to release this information and the way you can tell that Ames and Levine are not being straightforward here is that they are not telling you that the ledgers released concerned other people besides Manafort. There have been convictions in Ukraine based on those books. The one guy not prosecuted in Ukraine is Manafort, and for some bizarre reason Lutsenko dropped his investigation of him, and the GPO's cooperation with DOJ, mid-2017.

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread