What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What's your nationality? (1 Viewer)

jamny

Footballguy
 Where is your family from?

I'm first generation American, both of my parents were born in Germany and came here in their teens.

Last edited by a moderator:
Kinda feelin' bad about my snark.

Sorry.

I am adopted, and I know nothing of my roots & birth parents, but I am Caucasian - I really can't say much more, as I never had any kind of tests done.

My adopted Mom (True Mom - other is birth mom) is 2nd generation German - from Baden-Baden. That side of my family is pretty small.

My True Dad (not birth dad) - is Cherokee / African American / German / Jewish - we think. That side of the family fled the eastern part of KY a few years after Emancipation Proclamation. My Grandpop (who was 7) and his two older sisters (both under 18) came alone to Louisville, KY - because they were the "whitest" - thus, easiest to "fit in". I only know whats been passed down, cause my pop was the youngest of 7 - born when Grand pop was over 50. He fought in the Spanish American war - in the 19th centruty - born in 1878. So, my grandpop would have been 90 when I was born - he dead by then.

Pretty interesting folk - I love them all.

my sister's report:

European

99.8%

Northwestern European

97.1%

British & Irish

58.9%

French & German

21.6%

Scandinavian

5.0%

Broadly Northwestern European

11.6%

Southern European

2.1%

Spanish & Portuguese

1.4%

Broadly Southern European

0.7%

Eastern European

0.3%

Broadly European

0.3%

I'll identify as an Irish Viking. But really a combination of:

Nordic

Irish

British

German

French

1/2 irish

1/4 English

1/4 Polish (Eastern European)

this is via my parents dna tests. My dad was adopted so other than dna I don’t know his biological family history. My moms parents both came to America as kids - from Ireland and Poland. 

American

Relatives generations back were from England and Wales based on my Grandmothers genealogy research.  My Dad did one of the Ancestory.com profiles and it was 

England, Wales & Nortwestern Europe - 73%

Ireland & Scotland - 23%

Everything else was 1% or less

Basically French, British and German. 

My ancestors from both the French and British side were here in the 1600s. 

Third generation American. 3/4 Italian and 1/4 German for original nationality.

Latino/Italian.  4th gen on Italian, Latino side has been in the US since the 1500s.  Have some German and while not proven, undoubtedly have some Native American ancestry as well.

My folks are the story of America, semi-Caucasian division. Me Ma came over on the boat from Dun Laoghaire, Ireland in the late 1930s. Me Da's Norman-English tail-male ancestor landed in NH in 1630 to survey Northern New England for the Crown, married an Abenaki woman. When the survey team hooked themselves up to the surveyors working south from the St Lawrence River, Ancestor John took a parcel of 200 acres right there on what is now the Vt/Canada border as part of his pay and he and his wife's Indian family have worked that land since. We are presently hosting for Easter the cousin who still lives on the property - and just completed sugaring season on the same site that's been cooking maple sap for as long as there's been people to buy it - and i'm sure our more than 350-yr tenure makes the family farm one of the oldest continuously-owned properties in the nation.

1/2 irish

1/4 English

1/4 Polish (Eastern European)

this is via my parents dna tests. My dad was adopted so other than dna I don’t know his biological family history. My moms parents both came to America as kids - from Ireland and Poland. 
1/4 Irish

1/4 English

1/2 Polish

🖐️

So there is one guy who is responsible for everyone in the world with my last name (misspelling which stuck) who came to America in 1740 on a ship from Switzland, although he came from France.  Possibly part of an Amish family who were escaping the Catholics.  But being that is a dozen plus generations ago, there are thousands of other great x grandparents unknown who contributed genetics.   So basically a hot mess of a melted pot.  

Mostly German heritage...mixtures of Prussian, Polish, Czech, Bohemian, Russian...

Seems on both sides my Great Great Grandparents are the ones who came over.

My brother in law is very into the ancestry.com stuff and has done his family and his wife’s (my wife’s sister so her family too).  He has done my other brother in laws family and then was working on mine with me while we were there’s last thanksgiving.  Going through seeing where each ancestor lived and came from.  Very interesting and confirmed the stories told to me  over the years.

3rd generation born in NYC.  My family on both sides came from Russia/Ukraine/Austria part of the world at around 1900.

Latino/Italian.  4th gen on Italian, Latino side has been in the US since the 1500s.  Have some German and while not proven, undoubtedly have some Native American ancestry as well.
1/2 Italian, 1/2 Hispanic as well.

Italian goes back for countless generations. Hispanic is only a couple generations and prior was Russian before emigrating to South America.

Never done DNA testing and don't really care to.

Is that split between your mom and dad or does it go back further?
Between my mom and dad. Dad is Scotch Irish with maybe a little German thrown in. Mom is 3/4 Japanese, 1/4 Chinese. Her mom was Japanese/Chinese and her dad was Japanese. 

bigbottom said:
Between my mom and dad. Dad is Scotch Irish with maybe a little German thrown in. Mom is 3/4 Japanese, 1/4 Chinese. Her mom was Japanese/Chinese and her dad was Japanese. 
:hifive:  

GB having an Asian mom

wikkidpissah said:
My folks are the story of America, semi-Caucasian division. Me Ma came over on the boat from Dun Laoghaire, Ireland in the late 1930s. Me Da's Norman-English tail-male ancestor landed in NH in 1630 to survey Northern New England for the Crown, married an Abenaki woman. When the survey team hooked themselves up to the surveyors working south from the St Lawrence River, Ancestor John took a parcel of 200 acres right there on what is now the Vt/Canada border as part of his pay and he and his wife's Indian family have worked that land since. We are presently hosting for Easter the cousin who still lives on the property - and just completed sugaring season on the same site that's been cooking maple sap for as long as there's been people to buy it - and i'm sure our more than 350-yr tenure makes the family farm one of the oldest continuously-owned properties in the nation.
No surpise you’re part Irish.

Users who are viewing this thread