What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread *** PLEASE NO SPOILERS *** (4 Viewers)

BlueDredSo

Footballguy
Hope this isn't a Honda. I searched and didn't see any topics specifically for rumors surrounding the draft. Personally, I love checking Twitter and mock drafts the week before the draft to see how much things change. You learn which reporters can and can't be trusted, and what teams are good (or not) at hiding their preferences. Feel free to post any rumors you hear about and at least somewhat trust might be true. Here's some that I've seen the past few days:

Arizona not drafting Kyler Murray?

Oakland to make "surprise" pick in 1st rd

SF open to trading down

NJ open to trading down, or taking Quinnen Williams at 3

Broncos apparently love LB Devin Bush

Cinci might draft QB in 1st rd (Haskins?)

Washington likes Dwayne Haskins

Rashan Gary, Montez Sweat & Jefferey Simmons possibly falling out of 1st rd due to health issues

Josh Jacobs to Oakland seems like a no-brainer if he's available, especially with Lynch retiring

Last edited by a moderator:
Ozzie still calling the shots, with the Bama connection?
Sure smells like it. Would think they have other needs and could address another RB later.  If true maybe they are thinking Ingram + Jacobs gives them a chance for that to equal Ingram+Kamara.

Sure smells like it. Would think they have other needs and could address another RB later.  If true maybe they are thinking Ingram + Jacobs gives them a chance for that to equal Ingram+Kamara.
I guess, though I would hope they'd realize a big part of the Ingram/Kamara success was Drew Brees. 

I don't really know what the Ravens are doing. I didn't really get the Ingram signing, when they had 2 RB's who had over 5 YPC in 2018, both on rookie deals. 

A few more random things I've heard, almost all from beat writers with a few national NFL reporters.

Bears would like to draft Montgomery, Sanders, Henderson or Damian Harris but all might be gone by their pick in round 3. They might try and move up but if not and all gone they are looking hard at Ryquel Armstead.

Hockenson is a top 12 lock

5 QB's might go round one

If Murray is picked 1.1 expect at least 3 trades in round one with teams moving up to pick a QB. If Murray does not go 1.1 move that number to 4.

Green Bay will use a first round pick on a WR or TE, if not both.

A TE other then Irv Smith could be the third one chosen. NE will draft two TE's.

Might only have one WR chosen in round 1. This part is not a rumor but my opinion. In terms of fantasy relevance 90% of the key action is going down on day two. Friday night is going to be the big night for us fantasy freaks.

Rams could surprise people with how early they draft a RB.

Most teams want to trade down and most rumors for teams trading up are for a QB. Except the Texans, they are rumored to be major candidate to trade up to get OL help.

I kinda expect a Browns raiders trade where raiders get Kareem Hunt. 
Why? If the Raiders wanted Hunt they could have signed him whenever, which they, and pretty much any team, would have been wise to do.

I'd think its much more likely Duke Johnson gets dealt, and even then, probably not to Oakland, since Richard does a lot of the same things, though it'd be kinda funny to see Duke and Crow reunite.

Hear the one about Tina, some say she's much too loose 
That came straight from a guy who claims he's tastin' her juice 
Hear the one about Michael, some say he must be gay 
I try to argue, but they said if he was straight he wouldn't move that way 
Hear the one about Susan, some say she's just a tease 
In a camisole she's six feet tall, she'll knock you to you knees

Will you look at all these rumors surroundin' me every day 
I just need some time, some time to get away from 
From all these rumors, I can't take it no more 
My best friend said there's one out now about me and the girl next door

NBC Sports' Grant Paulsen reports that Dan Synder has "taken over the first round of the draft" for the Washington Redskins.

The last time the Redskins owner was heavily involved in the draft? That would be when they sent three first-round picks and one second-rounder in a move up for RGIII. This is starting to feel like a similar situation with reports surfacing that the team has discussed moving into the top five for a quarterback. ESPN's Dianna Russini reported that the Redskins have had a "target" on Haskins, but Drew Lock and Daniel Jones are other options. This draft is going to be a fun one, but this is also an important reminder that ownership is the single biggest advantage in American sports.

SOURCE: Grant Paulsen on Twitter

Apr 24, 2019, 12:40 PM

These rumors are all most likely smoke but the Detroit story is now 1/2 fact and 1/2 rumor. Bush told reporter that when he met with Detroit they told him they would move him to MLB and Jarrad Davis to OLB. The rumor is that Devin White is pissed Bush got a Detroit visit and he didn’t.

rumors I think are true:

Lions trade down, take Devin Bush.

Redskins moving up to get a QB.

Falcons take best available defensive lineman.

Titans taking Brian Burns

false rumors:

Cardinals don't take Murray

Evan Silva‏Verified account @evansilva

We discussed a first-round trade involving the #Dolphins & #Texans on this show. Here, the Miami Herald's @flasportsbuzz alludes to basically the exact same hypothetical trade:

6:51 AM - 24 Apr 2019

Dolphins ... potential first-round trade partner

▪ NFL Network’s Daniel Jeremiah said several teams are trying to trade back and that Houston would be an ideal partner for those teams because the Texans are looking to move up for offensive line help.

Hypothetically, Houston could trade Miami the 23rd pick to move to 13, and give Miami one its two second-round picks (54th or 55) and a a third rounder this year (86th) or next year. I wonder if Mississippi State defensive tackle Jeffrey Simmons - a top 10 talent whose stock could drop because of a torn ACL - will drop to 23. Mel Kiper has him dropping to the mid-20s.

Keep in mind that Texas general manager Brian Gaine and Grier worked together six years with the Dolphins (2008-2013).

Why would Washington trade up for a QB in this draft??? Next year's draft will have better QBs. They have so many other needs. If they make another stupid RG3 type of trade I'm going to lose it. Someone should lock Snyder in a closet tomorrow morning. 

I guess, though I would hope they'd realize a big part of the Ingram/Kamara success was Drew Brees. 

I don't really know what the Ravens are doing. I didn't really get the Ingram signing, when they had 2 RB's who had over 5 YPC in 2018, both on rookie deals. 
True.  And Kamara guy has a huge part in that too.  The Ravens grabbed the least important piece of what makes that unit work.  

What is this raiders surprise pick at #4?  They sent all of their scouts home to prevent leaks?
Surprise pic, not pick.  Scouts were sent home because mayock was starting to wack it to his draft board and 3 1st round picks.  They didn't want scouts to take and leak pics of it.

Why would Washington trade up for a QB in this draft??? Next year's draft will have better QBs. They have so many other needs. If they make another stupid RG3 type of trade I'm going to lose it. Someone should lock Snyder in a closet tomorrow morning. 
They are saying everyone except Snyder is against drafting a qb. 

Sigmund Bloom‏ @SigmundBloom 31m31 minutes ago

This is name is coming up a lot in the last few days...

Sigmund Bloom added, Alex Kozora @Alex_Kozora

"It’s almost etched in stone right now." Scout Dave-Te Thomas says the Steelers will draft Temple CB Rock Ya-Sin at #20. …

BlueDredSo said:
Hope this isn't a Honda. I searched and didn't see any topics specifically for rumors surrounding the draft. Personally, I love checking Twitter and mock drafts the week before the draft to see how much things change. You learn which reporters can and can't be trusted, and what teams are good (or not) at hiding their preferences. Feel free to post any rumors you hear about and at least somewhat trust might be true. Here's some that I've seen the past few days:

Arizona not drafting Kyler Murray?

Oakland to make "surprise" pick in 1st rd

SF open to trading down

NJ open to trading down, or taking Quinnen Williams at 3

Broncos apparently love LB Devin Bush

Cinci might draft QB in 1st rd (Haskins?)

Washington likes Dwayne Haskins

Rashan Gary, Montez Sweat & Jefferey Simmons possibly falling out of 1st rd due to health issues

Josh Jacobs to Oakland seems like a no-brainer if he's available, especially with Lynch retiring
I bet almost all of this stuff is smoke screen posturing.  It's lying season! 

It's still useful because we can guess that maybe the opposite is true.  Jets taking Williams? Most mocks seem to have them passing on him even tho he is BPA at 3.  

Broncos apparently love Lock and Bush.  Maybe the recent Bush news is to scare teams off of Lock? 

Raiders beat writer Vic Tafur matter of fact said the Raiders would draft Marquise Brown with one of their late 1's if he is still on the board. He also contends and has contended all offseason they prefer Haskins to Murray.

my half arsed source out of cleveland tells me if Sweat starts to drop near the bottom of the first, that's when Dorsey may make his move.

Bracie Smathers said:
Sigmund Bloom‏ @SigmundBloom 31m31 minutes ago

This is name is coming up a lot in the last few days...

Sigmund Bloom added, Alex Kozora @Alex_Kozora

"It’s almost etched in stone right now." Scout Dave-Te Thomas says the Steelers will draft Temple CB Rock Ya-Sin at #20. …
Steelers are pretty well known for reaching in round 1, so that would make sense. 

Will need to go ahead of Oakland. I think Oakland is targeting Haskins as their surprise pick. Or Lock
Would those be surprises? I think a real surprise would be somebody that has never been mocked that high, or linked to Oakland. Like Hockenson maybe?

BassNBrew said:
Rumor in Charlotte is that the Panthers are interested in moving up to draft a LT and that Cam's replacement will be picked on Friday.

cloppbeast said:
Maybe you mean Cams backup?
Pretty sure he'll be Cam's replacement's backup.

Raiders beat writer Vic Tafur matter of fact said the Raiders would draft Marquise Brown with one of their late 1's if he is still on the board. He also contends and has contended all offseason they prefer Haskins to Murray.
Hearing that Hollywood Brown may not get out of the top 10. NFL loves elite speed, or so goes the rumor.

Bracie Smathers said:
Evan Silva‏Verified account @evansilva

We discussed a first-round trade involving the #Dolphins & #Texans on this show. Here, the Miami Herald's @flasportsbuzz alludes to basically the exact same hypothetical trade:

6:51 AM - 24 Apr 2019

Dolphins ... potential first-round trade partner
Houston media is saying Texans are more likely to trade down than up.  Though they've gotten it wrong plenty of times.

Just what the top 10 needs: a 25lb smaller, slower, John Ross. 
I hope I don't have to eat my words but after watching Brown's tape, I was absolutely blown away by how good he was and I absolutely don't think he's another John Ross. The main differences being him 1) winning at the line of scrimmage because of how electric he is, and 2) doesn't struggle to get into his routes cleanly.

I hope I don't have to eat my words but after watching Brown's tape, I was absolutely blown away by how good he was and I absolutely don't think he's another John Ross. The main differences being him 1) winning at the line of scrimmage because of how electric he is, and 2) doesn't struggle to get into his routes cleanly.
His tape looks like it's on fast-forward. 

Still... hes 166 pounds. Theres a reason high schoolers dont play in the NFL 

His tape looks like it's on fast-forward. 

Still... hes 166 pounds. Theres a reason high schoolers dont play in the NFL 
One of the NFL ringer guys was with Brown last weekend and says he asked him his current weight and he answered 172 pounds. Not much difference but thought I’d share anyway 

One of the NFL ringer guys was with Brown last weekend and says he asked him his current weight and he answered 172 pounds. Not much difference but thought I’d share anyway 
I realize that he admits to not lifting weights since a year or two ago. it's likely he continues to put weight on. 

There is a great chance he flat out lied that he is 172 now, but I do anticipate him gaining weight. 

I dont know what I think about him. his breakout age is pretty bad. That being said I might take a flier on him late round 1 with a luxury 1st if he is there

Users who are viewing this thread