What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread *** PLEASE NO SPOILERS *** (2 Viewers)

Boy... if the Giants f’d up and Haskins hit in Washington they’re going to play that clip of him laughing about Daniel Jones forever.

I like Burns but was dreaming a little dream that maybe, for once, the Panthers would address OT. First time in a while they've had a shot at a guy at the position worthy of an early pick 

No, it wasn’t.  He’s a transcendent player
In what way is he transcendent? Hock is a great blocker but I don't see the potential passing mismatch that others are raving about that would justify this move. It's a huge overspend for the Lions to take another TE in the top 10, when other teams seem to find guys like Ertz or Kelce in the second or third round. 

This draft was light at talent at the top, so the Lions made the safe choice. They are the only team that would have drafted him in the top 20. 
Lots of talk in MN that Hock would go Top 10 or to GB at 12 so the Vikings likely wouldn’t have a chance at 18.

Look at this ####

He's throwing Godbeams out there. How the #### you do justify Jones over Haskins? HOW??? I HAVEN'T HEARD  A SINGLE ARGUMENT EXPLAINING THIS!!!
I hate the Jones pick at 6 but there are legit reasons to take Jones over Haskins.  Not saying it will work out but Haskins was not a slam dunk over Jones.

Cameron Wolfe‏Verified account @CameronWolfe 6m6 minutes ago

Dolphins GM Chris Grier said they are "investigating all avenues" in regards to a Josh Rosen trade with Arizona.

I hate the Jones pick at 6 but there are legit reasons to take Jones over Haskins.  Not saying it will work out but Haskins was not a slam dunk over Jones.
SLAM DUNK

Jones literally does nothing better in a nothing conference over Haskins outside of move better, which  for a QB... eh. He has no arm for MetLife in winter. Haskins set records with a historical season.

Last edited by a moderator:
I like Burns but was dreaming a little dream that maybe, for once, the Panthers would address OT. First time in a while they've had a shot at a guy at the position worthy of an early pick 
Yup.  Although the last BC pick by Hurney turned out well so I can see going back to that well.  Heard we might be playing some 3-4 this year so he is a great pick for flopping between 4-3 and 3-4.

• Smile
Reactions: DAG
So Lock will fall to DEN?  Brock Osweiler round ll.

And how is it possible that Josh Jacobs is still on the board?  Top 5 pick for the taking.

Two Guards taken before any Tackles has got to be some sort of rarity, especially since there are a couple pretty highly rated OTs. Very interesting.
I was kind of wrong there... I was just looking at the NFL.com draft tracker which has Jonah Williams listed as a G. He's a T, no?

Odds one of these infantrymen can throw a football farther than Dan Jones?

....with their non-throwing arm.

SLAM DUNK

Jones literally does nothing betting in a nothing conference over Haskins outside of move better. He has no arm for MetLife in winter.
Again, I didn't like the pick, away to early for either Jones or Haskins, but feel free to go read scouting reports and compare.  Not a slam dunk for Haskins over Jones.

From twitter - 

Recap: The Giants traded Snacks Harrison, the best interior run defender in the league, for just a fifth-round pick because he "wasn't a scheme fit." Then they turn around and spend a first-round pick on Dexter Lawrence? Oooook

This pick isn't a bad pick, but Sweat fits better than Lawrence. Obviously the heart condition seems like a serious thing. Also the Giants have two DTs who are young.... they need an edge guy.

From twitter - 

Recap: The Giants traded Snacks Harrison, the best interior run defender in the league, for just a fifth-round pick because he "wasn't a scheme fit." Then they turn around and spend a first-round pick on Dexter Lawrence? Oooook
Makes perfect sense...............

From twitter - 

This is the best schtick that NFL teams pull all the time.  Trade away good players for peanuts because of scheme fit, then last maybe a year or two before getting fired and taking your dumb scheme with you.

Users who are viewing this thread