What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2019 NFL Draft Thread *** PLEASE NO SPOILERS *** (3 Viewers)

Surprising but I’ve been saying the whole time Clelin is a notch all around DE and was a worth that pick.

Cheap”Er” for a hopeful future starting QB since Arizona is kinda hamstrung with him. Unless they really do intend to hold him if they have to. 
Cards don’t have to nor should pull the trigger right away on Rosen. Can afford to be patient until a team comes calling, but I can’t see a co-existent situation all year long.

Just wanted to see Kiper and McShay’s mocks but nooooo. 
1. Arizona Cardinals

Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma | Highlights

I'm sticking with 99.9 percent here. There has just been too much smoke the past two months. Murray could be a star for new coach Kliff Kingsbury.

2. San Francisco 49ers

Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State | Highlights

Bosa is my top-ranked prospect in this class, and the Niners have to improve their edge rush. Easy pick for GM John Lynch.

3. New York Jets

Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama | Highlights

This is a spot to watch for a team trying to trade up. The Jets have holes all over their roster. If they stay at No. 3, they should get pass-rushing help, and they can't go wrong with Williams or Josh Allen.

4. Oakland Raiders

Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky | Highlights

Jon Gruden would be thrilled -- he loves playmakers on both sides of the ball. Allen had 17 sacks and five forced fumbles last season. He's a force off the edge.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Devin White, ILB, LSU | Highlights

The fit is too perfect, but keep a close eye on the pass-rushers, too. White is a sideline-to-sideline star.

6. New York Giants

Ed Oliver, DT, Houston | Highlights

No quarterback here, but Oliver would fill a need for the Giants. He could play end in a 3-4 defense.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars

T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa | Highlights

Have you seen the Jacksonville tight end depth chart? Nick Foles needs a weapon. The No. 7 pick is another spot to keep an eye on with trades.

8. Detroit Lions

Brian Burns, OLB, Florida State | Highlights

This offseason in Detroit is about giving coach Matt Patricia some defensive pieces with which to work. Burns is a big-time athlete and excellent, ascending edge rusher.

9. Buffalo Bills

Jonah Williams, OT/G, Alabama | Highlights

I wrote Wednesday that I just love the match between Williams and Buffalo. He could play guard or tackle.

EDITOR'S PICKS

Full 2019 NFL draft order: All 254 picks

2019 NFL draft reset: Kiper & McShay answer last-minute questions

10. Denver Broncos

Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State | Highlights

Will there be a trade up to get Haskins? For now, I think Denver makes the most sense. With Joe Flacco in Denver for at least a year, there's no pressure on Haskins to start immediately. He's raw, but you can't teach his accuracy and touch.

11. Cincinnati Bengals

Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan | Highlights

Will Cincinnati pull the trigger on a quarterback here? I'm not so sure. Bush fills a void and could be a steal. Some teams like Bush more than White.

12. Green Bay Packers

Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida | Highlights

Right tackle is a sneaky long-term need in Green Bay. Taylor's future is at tackle, but he could play guard in Year 1 if needed. He's a mauler in the running game.

13. Miami Dolphins

Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson | Highlights

If Miami really is waiting until 2020 to get a quarterback, GM Chris Grier & Co. should go with the best player available here. Miami has holes at several positions. Wilkins is an underrated pass-rusher, and he's one of the best locker room guys in this draft.

14. Atlanta Falcons

Cody Ford, OT/G, Oklahoma | Highlights

Ford, who played both tackle and guard in college, could start at right tackle immediately for Atlanta. He plays with an edge -- he wants to dominate defenders. I thought about defensive tackle here, too.

15. Washington Redskins

Drew Lock, QB, Missouri | Highlights

This was the toughest pick of the bunch. Remember: I'm not projecting trades here, which could blow up everything. If Lock or Haskins is still on the board at No. 15, though, I expect Washington to go with a quarterback. Lock has a high ceiling.

16. Carolina Panthers

Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State | Highlights

Edge rusher is a clear need for Carolina -- Rashan Gary is still available -- but Dillard, the best true pass protector in this class, would improve this team. He might play right tackle if he goes here.

17. New York Giants (from CLE)

Daniel Jones, QB, Duke | Highlights

Could Jones fall into GM Dave Gettleman's lap? I like Jones' potential, but he should sit and learn for a year behind Eli Manning.

18. Minnesota Vikings

Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College | Highlights

I expect an offensive lineman for Minnesota, and there should still be good options on the board. Lindstrom is my top-ranked guard.

19. Tennessee Titans

Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan | Highlights

Gary is dropping a little bit, but he has all the talent in the world to be an All-Pro player. His issue is consistency. Could Mike Vrabel and Dean Pees get the best out of him?

20. Pittsburgh Steelers

Byron Murphy, CB, Washington | Highlights

If the top two inside linebackers are gone, cornerback makes the most sense for Pittsburgh. Murphy is my top-ranked corner. He tracks the ball in the air well, and he plays faster than his 4.55 40-yard dash.

21. Seattle Seahawks

Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State | Highlights

This is great value for Sweat, and Seattle just dealt its best pass-rusher in Frank Clark. GM John Schneider has to address the pass rush with one of these first-round picks.

22. Baltimore Ravens

Erik McCoy, C/G, Texas A&M | Highlights

I expect the Ravens to try to trade down, but their biggest hole is at the interior offensive line. I have picked McCoy to the Ravens in previous mocks, and I'll stick with it.

23. Houston Texans

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU | Highlights

Houston needs help at offensive tackle, but with Dillard and Ford gone, I'll move to defensive back. Williams is a polarizing prospect, but he is very talented. The Texans should use their two second-round picks on offensive linemen.

24. Oakland Raiders (from CHI)

Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama | Highlights

Leave it to Gruden to take the first running back off the board. Jacobs is a three-down, explosive player.

25. Philadelphia Eagles

Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma | Highlights

If you're keeping count, Brown would be the first wide receiver picked. I can see a few 75-yard catch-and-runs in his future with Carson Wentz throwing him the ball. He'd be a teammate of his closest pro comp, Desean Jackson.

26. Indianapolis Colts

Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State | Highlights

If Simmons were healthy, he might be a top-10 pick. He's extremely talented. But after he tore his ACL in February, Indy could stash him for a few months and see if he's ready for the playoffs.

27. Oakland Raiders (from DAL)

Darnell Savage Jr., S, Maryland | Highlights

Savage is one of the biggest risers since the combine, a ball hawk who ran a 4.36 40-yard dash in Indianapolis. He's a Gruden kind of player.

28. Los Angeles Chargers

Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson | Highlights

This pick should be interior offensive line or defensive tackle. Lawrence is the best nose tackle in the draft, and the Chargers were gashed up the middle by the Patriots in the playoffs. Lawrence will plug gaps.

29. Seattle Seahawks (from KC)

Justin Layne, CB, Michigan State | Highlights

This is a little bit of a reach on my board -- I have a second-round grade on Layne -- but he fits the profile that Pete Carroll likes in defensive backs. Layne is 6-foot-2 with a huge wingspan.

30. Green Bay Packers (from NO)

Noah Fant, TE, Iowa | Highlights

Fant would essentially be a 6-foot-4 slot receiver as a rookie, but Aaron Rodgerswon't complain.

31. Los Angeles Rams

Garrett Bradbury, C/G, NC State | Highlights

I thought about defensive line for the Rams, but Bradbury's versatility to play guard or center is a plus.

32. New England Patriots

Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson | Highlights

What are the chances that New England keeps this pick? Bill Belichick & Co. have six selections the first two days. Ferrell is the best edge rusher available, but there's also a thought inside the league that he could play defensive tackle. We know Belichick likes versatile defenders.

Here we go New York... Haskins is available, you gotta get him here. I don't think there's a guy you pick over Haskins outside of Allen.

1. Arizona Cardinals

Kyler Murray, QB, Oklahoma | Highlights

No change at the top of the board. New coach Kliff Kingsbury wants Murray running this offense, and who wouldn't? This is a gifted quarterback prospect.

2. San Francisco 49ers

Nick Bosa, DE, Ohio State | Highlights

In one of my favorite team/player landing spots, the Niners are gifted the top talent in the class for some much-needed help off the edge. Bosa has the technique, speed and strength to make a difference right out of the gate for San Francisco.

3. New York Jets

Quinnen Williams, DT, Alabama | Highlights

There has been a lot of Ed Oliver talk here, but Williams is the best player left on my board. We're talking about a guy who made 18.5 tackles for loss last season. Easy choice.

2019 NFL DRAFT COVERAGE

What you need to know from Round 1:
• DraftCast: Live pick-by-pick analysis »
• Kiper's Top 300 » | McShay's Top 300 »
• Best available prospects » | Full order »
• More NFL draft coverage »

4. Oakland Raiders

Ed Oliver, DT, Houston| Highlights

Defensive coordinator Paul Guenther had Geno Atkins plugging the middle of the defensive line during his Bengals days. Now he gets the disruptive Oliver in that same role.

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers

Josh Allen, OLB, Kentucky | Highlights

All Allen does is pressure opposing quarterbacks, and his 17 sacks last season prove it. Tampa Bay could use a player with closing burst like that coming around the corner of its new 3-4 defense.

6. New York Giants

Devin White, ILB, LSU | Highlights

This defensive unit needs just about everything. And in addition to his great speed, range and instincts, White can be the leader of New York's rebuilding defense for years to come.

7. Jacksonville Jaguars

T.J. Hockenson, TE, Iowa | Highlights

Hockenson might just be the most complete player in the draft class, combining speed, size (6-foot-5), athleticism and versatility. He immediately becomes an important asset for Nick Foles as the Jags try to revive their offense.

play

1:01

NFL draft profile: T.J. Hockenson

Iowa's T.J. Hockenson is a weapon in the passing game and an above-average blocker, and he has an outstanding combination of height, weight, playing speed and strength.

8. Detroit Lions

Brian Burns, OLB, Florida State | Highlights

It's possible the Lions opt to trade back here, but they also badly need playmaking pass-rushers, despite signing Trey Flowers. Burns has the versatility and closing burst to produce in the NFL as he did at FSU (24 sacks since 2016).

9. Buffalo Bills

Jawaan Taylor, OT, Florida | Highlights

Option 1 is trading out, and Option 2 is drafting Oliver. But assuming neither comes to fruition, the Bills need to keep quarterback Josh Allen clean. The Buffalo offensive line is undergoing a major overhaul, and Taylor would give the unit a building block for the future.

EDITOR'S PICKS

McShay's final rankings: Top 300 prospects for 2019 NFL draft

2019 NFL draft reset: Kiper & McShay answer last-minute questions

Full 2019 NFL draft order: All 254 picks

10. Denver Broncos

Devin Bush, ILB, Michigan | Highlights

Just consider the havoc this linebacking group can create with Von Miller and Bradley Chubbcoming off the edge and Bush roaming sideline-to-sideline from the middle. Hockenson also could be in play if he's still on the board at No. 10.

11. Cincinnati Bengals

Jonah Williams, OT, Alabama | Highlights

The Bengals would have loved to add Bush in the middle of the defense, but they also need offensive line help. Williams is an upgrade over Bobby Hart at right tackle. He handles speed off the edge effortlessly and shows pop when run blocking.

12. Green Bay Packers

Noah Fant, TE, Iowa | Highlights

Get. Aaron. Rodgers. Help. The Packers haven't used a first-round pick on a skill position since taking Rodgers in 2005. Fant would create plenty of mismatches, make difficult catches and tack on extra yardage after the catch.

13. Miami Dolphins

Christian Wilkins, DT, Clemson | Highlights

Miami needs everything. And considering defensive line coach Marion Hobby worked with Wilkins for a few years at Clemson, this pick makes a lot of sense. The Dolphins were No. 31 in run defense last season.

14. Atlanta Falcons

Cody Ford, OT, Oklahoma | Highlights

The Falcons like Oliver, but would they trade up for him? If they stand their ground, getting a mauler with versatility like Ford would limit the numerous hits Matt Ryan took a season ago.

play

0:59

NFL draft profile: Cody Ford

Cody Ford is an offensive lineman out of Oklahoma who was a first-team All-Big 12 selection for the Sooners.

15. Washington Redskins

Dwayne Haskins, QB, Ohio State | Highlights

This works out beautifully for Washington, as the Redskins get their guy without having to move up. Haskins is an extremely accurate pocket passer who could learn behind Case Keenum and Colt McCoy and become an effective franchise QB.

16. Carolina Panthers

Rashan Gary, DE, Michigan | Highlights

Carolina has been looking for edge rushers for a long time. And while the production never really materialized at Michigan, Gary's athleticism and explosiveness are legit. The Panthers managed just 35 sacks in 2018.

17. New York Giants (from Cleveland)

Drew Lock, QB, Missouri | Highlights

At last, the Giants get a quarterback. Lock brings a big arm, mobility and the ability to make difficult off-balance throws with ease. Under Eli Manning's tutelage, Lock and White spark some excitement in the Giants' rebuild.

First Draft Podcast

Kiper, McShay and Sprow dissect the draft.
• Podcast: Picking prop bets »
• More: Our favorite prospects »
• More: Discussing 'Grade: A' mocks »
• Archive: Every First Draft podcast »

18. Minnesota Vikings

Garrett Bradbury, C, NC State | Highlights

The Vikings' line would improve drastically if they moved Pat Elfleinto guard and inserted the top center prospect in the class in the middle. Bradbury has great agility and is quick off the ball in run blocking.

19. Tennessee Titans

Marquise Brown, WR, Oklahoma | Highlights

Brown could slide a little due to his foot injury, but he is an absolute burner. Opposite Corey Davis, he could pile on big gains all season long. Brown can pluck on the run and dash upfield, making defenders miss along the way.

20. Pittsburgh Steelers

Greedy Williams, CB, LSU | Highlights

Yes, he has some tackling concerns, but Williams can turn and run like few others. And while the Steelers signed Steven Nelson, Joe Haden is in a contract year and Artie Burns hasn't produced.

play

0:56

NFL draft profile: Greedy Williams

Greedy Williams has excellent top-end speed and is at his best in press-man coverage.

21. Seattle Seahawks

Montez Sweat, DE, Mississippi State | Highlights

Some teams are concerned about Sweat's heart condition, which probably will cause him to fall a bit on Day 1. But he is one of the more talented edge rushers in the class -- and Seattle could use one after shipping Frank Clark to Kansas City.

22. Baltimore Ravens

Erik McCoy, C/G, Texas A&M | Highlights

The Ravens will look to trade out of this pick, but they also could use an upgrade at left guard or center in helping protect mobile second-year quarterback Lamar Jackson. McCoy has excellent awareness and athleticism.

Draft Academy

Draft Academy documents the journey of six prospects: Nick Bosa, Marquise Brown, Drew Lock, Tyree Jackson, Jarrett Stidham and Josh Jacobs. Watch on ESPN+

23. Houston Texans

Andre Dillard, OT, Washington State | Highlights

Watch for Houston to try to trade up on Thursday night. But considering Houston allowed 62 sacks of Deshaun Watson in 2018, the fact that Dillard allowed just one all season for the Cougars might also be of interest. He has excellent feet.

24. Oakland Raiders (from Chicago)

Josh Jacobs, RB, Alabama | Highlights

The Marshawn Lynch era is over in Oakland. Jon Gruden would happily lean on the grinding running game of Isaiah Crowell and Jacobs, a violent runner with good instincts and burst.

25. Philadelphia Eagles

Byron Murphy, CB, Washington | Highlights

Injuries hit the Philly secondary last season -- not a single cornerback started at least nine games. Murphy has the ball skills and instincts to really excel in the Eagles' zone coverage scheme.

26. Indianapolis Colts

Clelin Ferrell, DE, Clemson | Highlights

I have defensive end as my top area of need for the Colts. Ferrell is versatile, has good closing burst off the edge and flashes as a run defender. After picking up 11.5 sacks last season, he'd immediately improve the pass rush.

play

1:16

NFL draft profile: Clelin Ferrell

Clemson's Clelin Ferrell is a versatile pass-rusher with good initial quickness, flexibility and closing speed.

27. Oakland Raiders (from Dallas)

Rock Ya-Sin, CB, Temple | Highlights

Gruden loves his physical cornerbacks, and this former wrestler could end up being a very good press corner. Not to mention Daryl Worley is in the final year of his contract.

28. Los Angeles Chargers

Daniel Jones, QB, Duke | Highlights

Jones needs a place where he can develop. Learning behind Philip Rivers and Tyrod Taylor in Los Angeles is a good match for him. While he has good timing as a passer, he needs to work on his poise under pressure.

29. Seattle Seahawks (from Kansas City)

Dexter Lawrence, DT, Clemson | Highlights

Jarran Reed put up 10 sacks last season. Complementing him with the best run-stopper in the draft class makes for an exciting interior line.

2019 NFL DRAFT

Football Outsiders projects the top draft prospects at key positions:

• QB booms and busts
• Playmaker Score: The top WRs
• BackCAST: Projections on top RBs
• SackSEER: The best pass-rushers
• Team-by-team draft guides
• More NFL draft coverage »

30. Green Bay Packers (from New Orleans)

Jeffery Simmons, DT, Mississippi State | Highlights

Simmons will sit a year while recovering from a torn ACL, but he's one of the top prospects when healthy in the entire draft class. Kenny Clark will be a fifth-year option candidate for 2020, so the defensive tackle position could open up (although the Packers are expected to exercise the option).

31. Los Angeles Rams

Chris Lindstrom, G, Boston College | Highlights

Lindstrom would be an excellent replacement for Rodger Saffold at left guard. He impressed at the combine and has the ability to ride speed rushers past the pocket.

32. New England Patriots

Darnell Savage Jr., S, Maryland | Highlights

Savage has been one of the draft's biggest risers over the past couple of weeks. He reads receivers and quarterbacks very well and will step up and make plays on the ball. And I love his aggressiveness in run support.

PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE  PLEASE 

Users who are viewing this thread