What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Monty Python's Flying Circus (1 Viewer)

Scott of the Antarctic is a good one.  S2 Ep10

Piranha Brothers - S2 Ep1
Mrs Simmel: Oh no......yes. Cheerful and violent. I remember Doug was very keen on boxing, but when he learned to walk he took up putting the boot in the groin. He was very interested in that. His mother had a terrible job getting him to come in for tea. Putting his little boot in he'd be, bless him. All the kids were like that then, they didn't have their heads stuffed with all this Cartesian dualism.

🤣

I’d never seen Flying Circus until I was in college.  I had just taken a philosophy class and randomly stumbled across the episode with the philosophers soccer game on TV. I was hooked.  

https://youtu.be/v2F4hONEAkk
This is a 1st round pick for me in any Monty Python sketch draft. 

EUREKA!!!! 

TV Show >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Movies
In general, I agree. However, Monty Python and the Holy Grail is still a masterpiece.

Oh I totally agree.  The movies are awesome as well, but I would much rather watch the TV series over any of their movies.
I would watch Holy Grail over their TV shows. To me, they are consistently hilarious all the way through Holy Grail, more so than the TV shows. So, Holy Grail>>>TV Shows>>>>Other movies. But like you said, they are all awesome.

Spam, spam, spam, egg, and spam.
For about as long as i've been online, i've been in a fantasy baseball league of ex-Fanballers called Hall of Rotating Knives where all the teams must be MPFC references. My team is SpamEggBases&Spam.

I'll never forget my first exposure to Monty Python's Flying Circus. I'd written jokes for a few standup comedians - and this is when there wasnt a single comedy club in Boston, hadda go to strip joints to see Jay Leno - and by so doing got in with the Emerson College comedy mafia. Each Saturday in the fall, these guys had touch football games in the actual Fenway of Back Bay Boston. Being the largest funny guy in town, i was invited to several. After one, they said they were all going to a new British comedy flick called And Now For Something Completely Different @ the Kenmore Square Theater the next day. I showed up with a hangover and all the aches you have the day after a football game, like most everyone in our crowd and were treated to an excruciating 90 minutes of Pythony, just pukin' our guts out laughing at this unprecedented stuff and screaming in pain from what it did to our scrumsad carcasses. good times -

Last edited by a moderator:
For about as long as i've been online, i've been in a fantasy baseball league of ex-Fanballers called Hall of Rotating Knives where all the teams must be MPFC references. My team is SpamEggBases&Spam.

I'll never forget my first exposure to Monty Python's Flying Circus. I'd written jokes for a few standup comedians - and this is when there wasnt a single comedy club in Boston, hadda go to strip joints to see Jay Leno - and by so doing got in with the Emerson College comedy mafia. Each Saturday in the fall, these guys had touch football games in the actual Fenway of Back Bay Boston. Being the largest funny guy in town, i was invited to several. After one, they said they were all going to a new British comedy flick called And Now For Something Completely Different @ the Kenmore Square Theater the next day. I showed up with a hangover and all the aches you have the day after a football game, like most everyone in our crowd and were treated to an excruciating 90 minutes of Pythony, just pukin' our guts out laughing at this unprecedented stuff and screaming in pain from what it did to our scrumsad carcasses. good times -
"I'm sorry, did you say knives?"

"Rotating knives, yes"

I would watch Holy Grail over their TV shows. To me, they are consistently hilarious all the way through Holy Grail, more so than the TV shows. So, Holy Grail>>>TV Shows>>>>Other movies. But like you said, they are all awesome.
dhockster is Posty btw

As far as movies vs TV, I rank Holy Grail and Life of Brain above anything TV, as they were fully developed philosophical/social commentary that could go further than a sketch can. But, I will concede that many short sketches hit my acute funny bone harder.

The only other movie piece (that I can think of right now - may think of more later) that I rank above the shows is this, from The Meaning of Life:

Find The Fish

In my experience, this is not exceptionally popular as a humorous piece. I understand, but to me, it makes no sense.

And that is really the point. This is, in my opinion, the most absurd and surreal video that is out there from MP.

If someone can top this in pure non-sense, please post - this is my kinda thing - for better or worse.

GREAT thread.

Users who are viewing this thread