Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Wingnut

*** Official 2019 San Francisco 49ers thread *** NEW 2020 THREAD LINK INSIDE

23 hours ago, fantasycurse42 said:

These ####### seating charts are so difficult to decipher and nobody (I mean absolutely nobody, not at the stadium, Stubhub, etc.) can tell me what is what. I'm trying to find 3 tickets in the front row of either end zone. They're listed out as AA (which in some sections is the first row), some without letters (some sections don't have them, making it even more confusing), and then they have this north and south field, not even sure what that is, if it is a row, or actually on the field. 

If any of you jabronis are currently engineers taking part in a stadium build, let me help you out; Row 1 is the first row :shrug:

Not judging, and I'm sure you know what you're doing, but do you really want the first row?  Great when they're in the red zone on your end, the rest of the time you're watching on the big screen.

Last 2 drafts, just for the halibut.

2018:

Round 1 (No. 9 overall) Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame  <---- Good, not great pick IMO

Round 2  (No. 44 overall) Dante Pettis, WR/KR, Washington  <------ BUST

Round 3 (No. 70 overall) Fred Warner, LB, BYU  <---- HOME RUN

Round 3 (No 95 overall) Tarvarius Moore, S, Southern Miss <----- jury still out, could be depth, plays a lot on special teams

Round 4 (pick 128) Kentavius Street, DE, NC State  <----jury still out, cant stay healthy, 2 years on IR

Round 5 (No. 142 overall) DJ Reed, CB, Kansas State  <---- , special teamer, could be depth going forward

Round 6 (No. 184 overall) Marcell Harris, S, Florida <---- jury out, plays a lot of special teams

Round 7, (No. 223 overall) Julian Taylor, DE, Temple  <---- I think he will be a good DL rotation player

Round 7, (No. 240 overall) Richie James, WR, Middle Tennessee St  <---- Decent kick returner.

2017:

Round 1 (3) Solomon Thomas DE, Stanford  <---- Big time reach, will never live up to draft pick

Round 1 (31) Reuben Foster LB, Alabama <--- BUST

Round 3 (66) Ahkello Witherspoon CB, Colorado  <---- Could still become a good starter, but clock is ticking

Round 3 (104) C.J. Beathard QB, Iowa  <---- meh

Round 4 (121) Joe Williams RB, Utah  <---- BAD PICK

Round 5 (146) George Kittle TE, Iowa <---- HOME RUN

Round 5 (177) Trent Taylor WR, Louisiana Tech <----- I still think this is a good pick, but if he gets hurt next year, cut ties

Round 6 (198) D.J. Jones DT, Mississippi  <---- GREAT PICK

Round 6 (202)Pita Taumoepenu OLB, Utah  <---- LOL

Round 7 (229) Adrian Colbert DB, Miami <---- LOL

Edited by Wingnut

btw - for me, going to a conference championship game in person is better than a superbowl.  You get the real fans, the home stadium experience, without all the bs.  A superbowl feels like you're at a celebrity event with a game going on in the background, and the fan atmosphere sucks - mostly neutrals and corporate groups.  Seeing your team play on their home field in front of the season-ticket holders, playing to go to a superbowl is superior for me.  I've been to 4 conference NFC conference championship games - 3 at Lambeau (1 win, 2 losses) and 1 at Soldier Field (a win for the away team). It doesn't get any better imo.

• Like 1

Just now, Wingnut said:

Last 2 drafts, just for the halibut.

2018:

Round 1 (No. 9 overall) Mike McGlinchey, OT, Notre Dame  <---- Good, not great pick

Round 2  (No. 44 overall) Dante Pettis, WR/KR, Washington  <------ BUST

Round 3 (No. 70 overall) Fred Warner, LB, BYU  <---- HOME RUN

Round 3 (No 95 overall) Tarvarius Moore, S, Southern Miss <----- jury still out, could be depth, plays a lot on special teams

Round 4 (pick 128) Kentavius Street, DE, NC State  <----jury still out, cant stay healthy, 2 years on IR

Round 5 (No. 142 overall) DJ Reed, CB, Kansas State  <---- , special teamer, could be depth going forward

Round 6 (No. 184 overall) Marcell Harris, S, Florida <---- jury out, plays a lot of special teams

Round 7, (No. 223 overall) Julian Taylor, DE, Temple  <---- I think he will be a good DL rotation player

Round 7, (No. 240 overall) Richie James, WR, Middle Tennessee St  <---- Decent kick returner.

2017:

Round 1 (3) Solomon Thomas DE, Stanford  <---- Big time reach, will never live up to draft pick

Round 1 (31) Reuben Foster LB, Alabama <--- BUST

Round 3 (66) Ahkello Witherspoon CB, Colorado  <---- Could still become a good starter, but clock is ticking

Round 3 (104) C.J. Beathard QB, Iowa  <---- meh

Round 4 (121) Joe Williams RB, Utah  <---- BAD PICK

Round 5 (146) George Kittle TE, Iowa <---- HOME RUN

Round 5 (177) Trent Taylor WR, Louisiana Tech <----- I still think this is a good pick, but if he gets hurt next year, cut ties

Round 6 (198) D.J. Jones DT, Mississippi  <---- GREAT PICK

Round 6 (202)Pita Taumoepenu OLB, Utah  <---- LOL

Round 7 (229) Adrian Colbert DB, Miami <---- LOL

Hard to look at the top end of the 2017 draft.  Brutal outcome.  Liked the Foster pick at the time, but of course, didn't know the amount of baggage he had.  Kittle and Jones save that draft.

2018 will look a lot better if Pettis and Moore contribute.  Not ready to call Pettis a total bust yet.  He has shown flashes and obviously is talented.  See how hard he works in the off season to add some muscle.  

For the Packers to win I believe they will need at least a 2 T.O. advantage and I don't see where those turn overs will come from.  maybe the smith brothers get to Garappolo and maybe he fumbles if they do.  The thing is, we saw the opposite in the game earlier this year.

Back in the day a defensive line like the 49ers have would have had a nickname.  Purple People Eaters, Doomsday, Fearsome Foursome.  Beat writers in S.F. are letting us down. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

For the Packers to win I believe they will need at least a 2 T.O. advantage and I don't see where those turn overs will come from.  maybe the smith brothers get to Garappolo and maybe he fumbles if they do.  The thing is, we saw the opposite in the game earlier this year.

Back in the day a defensive line like the 49ers have would have had a nickname.  Purple People Eaters, Doomsday, Fearsome Foursome.  Beat writers in S.F. are letting us down. 

There was some beat writer discussion about that early in the year, but the d line was far less impressive in the second half of the season after they got hit with a bunch of injuries, which decreased the demand for such a thing. 

4 minutes ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Theyve been trying all year, but I havent heard any really good ones, and none have stuck.

Reposting this, it got lost in the shuffle earlier:

Araron Rodgers is 4-5 against the 49ers in his career (the 4 wins were against 49er teams that had a losing record. Hes 0-5 when 49ers had a winning record), and he is 1-3 against them in away games.

He is 0-2 against the 49ers in the playoffs, and he lost to them in the regular season both of those years.

Hes also 1-5 in the playoffs when facing teams that beat him in the regular season.

History is not on Green Bays side....but you can never count Rodgers out.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, CletiusMaximus said:

Not judging, and I'm sure you know what you're doing, but do you really want the first row?  Great when they're in the red zone on your end, the rest of the time you're watching on the big screen.

1st row end zone, but the way Levi Stadium is structured, it looks like only a few sections are really there (outside of these two north field / south field sections that are insanely expensive > $10k)... Want the kid to see something up close, like a TD or a pose after a turnover.

Regardless, our plans are falling apart :kicksrock: 

Went from like 95% to 50% in 24 hours... 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, efactor said:

Punter Dude:  Still wish they had stayed put in round 4 and taken Gardner/Johnson, but he locks up the position for 10 years.  Worst selection in the 2019 draft IMO

Is it just me or does he kinda suck? 

For a 4th rder I was expecting another Andy Lee but he kicks a lot of shallow knuckle balls with low hang time and doesn't really seem to boom them either when the niners are backed up... His kickoffs don't consistently go out of the back of the end zone either. Feels like a wasted pick so far.

• Like 1

Not to go all Bill Simmons, but the “nobody believes in us” vibes coming from Green Bay are making me nervous. Mina Kimes spent a chunk of her podcast today struggling to articulate reasons why the Packers could win, which I’m sure was a concerted effort from a noted Seahawks fan to jinx the heck out of the Niners. 

Turnovers and sacks will tell the story.  Also I see that Kittle is on the injury report.  The latter could be very significant in that the Packers have not covered a T.E. in over a decade.

1 hour ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Sounds like Kittle's ankle is just precautionary.  A bit of rest, nothing more.

They are actually going into this game as healthy as they have been since the early season.  Richburg and Blair are the only 2 key players missing from when the season started at this point.  

• Like 1

1 hour ago, efactor said:

They are actually going into this game as healthy as they have been since the early season.  Richburg and Blair are the only 2 key players missing from when the season started at this point.  

And DJ Jones

• Like 1

SF spanks GB in this one, much like a few weeks ago, GB is bring a knife to a gun fight.

good for SF it has been a very long time. as a Giants fan I've always respected the Niners, we've had some all-time great playoff matchups. I hope they get back to the SB good luck Niners' fans!!

• Like 4

For all of the nitpicking about certain moves KS/Lynch made in the last 3 years let this soak in... (took this from NN)

49ers 53 man roster September 2016:

QB: Blain Gabbert, Colin Kaepernick, Christian Ponder

RB: Carlos Hyde, Shaun Draughn, Mike Davis

TE: Vance McDonald, Garrett Celek, Blake Bell, Bruce Miller

WR: Torrey Smith, Quinton Patton, Jeremy Kerley, Rod Streater, Aaron Burbridge

OL: Joe Staley, Zane Beadles, Daniel Kilgore, Andrew Tiller, Trent Brown, Anthony Davis, Joshua Garnett, Marcus Martin, John Theus

ILB: NaVorro Bowman, Ray-Ray Armstrong, Gerald Hodges, Michael Wilhoit, Nick Bellore

OLB: Ahmed Brooks, Eli Harold, Tank Carradine

DL: Quinton Dial, Arik Armstead, DeForest Buckner, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Ronald Blair, Mike Purcell, Glenn Dorsey

CB: Tramaine Brock, Jimmie Ward, Keith Reaser, Will Redmond, Dontae Johnson, Rashard Robinson, Chris Davis

S: Eric Reid, Antoine Beathea, Jaquiski Tartt, Marcus Cromartie

ST: Phil Dawson, Bradley Pinion, Kyle Nelson

That's mostly a disgusting mess. In 3 years they have pretty much completely rebuilt the roster from scratch. It's now full of young talent at almost every position that went from 4-12 last year to competing in the NFC Championship game as the #1 seed. Pointing out particular misses along the way is silly/ignorant. You have to look at the big picture. NO team hits on all of their picks/personnel moves. KS/Lynch/Peters/Marathe have done an amazing job. Can't recall in recent memory a rebuild of this magnitude in such a short time. Congrats to Lynch on winning executive of the year. Was well-deserved. Ridiculous KS didn't get coach of the year. Harbaugh doesn't coach either side of the ball. Calls timeouts and pats guys on the back. And Roman winning assistant is hilarious. You shouldn't be able to #### the bed that bad in your opening round of the playoffs and be rewarded for it. Oh well. Future is bright.

Win against Minnesota was Legendary. Looking forward to Sunday. Have been hearing the excuses all week form the media/Packers fans about how they played so poorly in the first game, were injured, blah, blah, blah. Few point out how the Niners were without Kwon, Staley, Ford and Gould in that game yet still kicked the #### out them. Don't think this game will be as big of a blowout, but if they play to their potential I expect them to win this going away in the second half. Packers played a trash schedule, especially down the stretch. They aren't battle tested like the Niners. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

On 1/14/2020 at 9:10 PM, chinawildman said:

His kickoffs don't consistently go out of the back of the end zone either. Feels like a wasted pick so far.

That seems to be a coaching call. The initial kick-off usually goes through the back of the end zone. Then they for some reason start kicking them short. His punts in the last game were worth the price of admission. 4 punts, 2 fumbles (one lost), 2 inside the twenty and ZERO return yards. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, SF409ers said:

For all of the nitpicking about certain moves KS/Lynch made in the last 3 years let this soak in... (took this from NN)

OL: Joe Staley, Zane Beadles, Daniel Kilgore, Andrew Tiller, Trent Brown, Anthony Davis, Joshua Garnett, Marcus Martin, John Theus

ILB: NaVorro Bowman, Ray-Ray Armstrong, Gerald Hodges, Michael Wilhoit, Nick Bellore

DL: Quinton Dial, Arik Armstead, DeForest Buckner, Tony Jerod-Eddie, Ronald Blair, Mike Purcell, Glenn Dorsey

CB: Tramaine Brock, Jimmie Ward, Keith Reaser, Will Redmond, Dontae Johnson, Rashard Robinson, Chris Davis

That's mostly a disgusting mess. In 3 years they have pretty much completely rebuilt the roster from scratch. It's now full of young talent at almost every position that went from 4-12 last year to competing in the NFC Championship game as the #1 seed. Pointing out particular misses along the way is silly/ignorant. You have to look at the big picture. NO team hits on all of their picks/personnel moves. KS/Lynch/Peters/Marathe have done an amazing job. Can't recall in recent memory a rebuild of this magnitude in such a short time. Congrats to Lynch on winning executive of the year. Was well-deserved. Ridiculous KS didn't get coach of the year. Harbaugh doesn't coach either side of the ball. Calls timeouts and pats guys on the back. And Roman winning assistant is hilarious. You shouldn't be able to #### the bed that bad in your opening round of the playoffs and be rewarded for it. Oh well. Future is bright.

Win against Minnesota was Legendary. Looking forward to Sunday. Have been hearing the excuses all week form the media/Packers fans about how they played so poorly in the first game, were injured, blah, blah, blah. Few point out how the Niners were without Kwon, Staley, Ford and Gould in that game yet still kicked the #### out them. Don't think this game will be as big of a blowout, but if they play to their potential I expect them to win this going away in the second half. Packers played a trash schedule, especially down the stretch. They aren't battle tested like the Niners. 

As I have stated multiple times, so many similarities between this season and 1981.  Offensive minded coaches who took over horrible rosters. Two crappy seasons followed by 13-3 in their 3rd years.  

Hope it plays out the rest of the way. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, SF409ers said:

That seems to be a coaching call. The initial kick-off usually goes through the back of the end zone. Then they for some reason start kicking them short. His punts in the last game were worth the price of admission. 4 punts, 2 fumbles (one lost), 2 inside the twenty and ZERO return yards. 

Welcome back BTW  :hifive:

• Thanks 1

10 hours ago, SF409ers said:

I thought it had been well documented how many players the 49ers were missing. Perhaps we are listening to different media outlets.  Regardless, enjoy the rest of the lead up and the game.  The 49ers are the favorites for good reason.  Me, I'll hope for my Packers but my money will be on the 49ers giving the points.

11 hours ago, SF409ers said:

Ridiculous KS didn't get coach of the year. Harbaugh doesn't coach either side of the ball. Calls timeouts and pats guys on the back. And Roman winning assistant is hilarious. You shouldn't be able to #### the bed that bad in your opening round of the playoffs and be rewarded for it. Oh well. Future is bright.

Harbaugh? lmao. The PFWA awards are nice recognition, but we will see who wins the AP award at NFL Honors Feb 1st. Thats the one that people remember.

Edited by Wingnut

A bit long, but a great read.

These 49ers are Super Special

https://www.49erswebzone.com/commentary/2268-49ers-are-super-special/

Football is the ultimate team game. This is one of the biggest clichés about America's favorite sport, but clichés often exist for a reason; they tend to be true. While a game of basketball can be dominated by one elite superstar, and a baseball game can be won by a pitcher who is unstoppable, a football game really cannot be won by a single player. Sure, a quarterback can take over a game, but he cannot do so unless his line blocks for him and his receivers catch passes and make plays with the ball in their hands. Running backs can carry the load, but without the offensive line opening holes to run through they would be stuck in first gear. No, football depends on all players on the field working in unison to accomplish a common goal. Without these harmony of intentions, a team will never achieve a high level of success.

The 2019 San Francisco 49ers are at the precipice of American sports immortality. In today's fast-food media age, where people consume their entertainment through YouTube clips, streaming services and screens the size of their palms, the Super Bowl is still the one sporting event that gathers the nation in front of the television screen. Whether it be at Super Bowl parties, sports bars or in their family's living room, hundreds of millions of people affix their eyes to that 100-yard field to find out who will reign supreme as the best team in the NFL. On Sunday, the 49ers have a chance to be one of those teams to play on that stage, and these 49ers have what it takes to be truly special.

If any one player embodies the 49ers fan experience for the past 13 years, that man is Joe Staley. Drafted by the 49ers in 2007, Staley has played for Mike Nolan, Mike Singletary, Jim Tomsula (interim) Jim Harbaugh, Jim Tomsula (non-interim), Chip Kelly and Kyle Shanahan. As starting LT he has protected the blindside of Alex Smith, Troy Smith, JT O`Sullivan, Chris Weinke, Shaun Hill, Brian Hoyer, Colin Kaepernick, Blaine Gabbert, CJ Beathard and Jimmy Garappolo, to name a few (certainly there are even more somehow). Staley has experienced the bad of the mid-aught's, the great 49ers of the early 2010's, the abysmal 49ers of the post Harbaugh era, and now the resurgent 49ers of 2019. At one point, early in the Shanahan era, Staley was debating retirement. Coach Shanahan was able to persuade him to stay, and after an injury riddled season in 2019, Staley, the only active 49er remaining from the 2012 Super Bowl team, has a chance to appear on the grandest stage in sports once again.

The date is January 19th 2014, the 49ers are facing the Seahawks in Seattle with a chance to go to the Super Bowl. This date marks the last time, prior to this year, that the 49ers were in the playoffs. It is exactly six years prior to the game the 49ers will play Sunday against the Green Bay Packers. Exactly six years apart, and the same opportunity is at stake. Six years ago the 49ers suffered one of the worst losses in team history, the man who brought down the 49ers that day; Richard Sherman. It was first down, ball on the Seattle 18 yard line and the 49ers had 2 timeouts and 30 seconds left to play. Down 6 the 49ers would win the game with a touchdown, Colin Kaepernick lofted a pass to Michael Crabtree in the end-zone, Sherman blanketed Crabtree, tipped the ball into the air which subsequently landed in the waiting arms of Seattle LB Malcom Smith. That image will haunt 49ers fans forever, a strong hatred for Sherman grew among the 49ers fanbase following a post-game interview where he taunted the "sorry receiver" and boasted his claim as the best in the league.

Richard Sherman will take the field Sunday, six years to the day when he crushed 49ers fans hearts, he now holds those same hearts in the palm of his hands. After being cut by the Seahawks in 2018 due to injury, Sherman took one visit as a free-agent. That visit consisted of Sherman and his wife having dinner with Kyle Shanahan and his wife. He was a 49er mere hours after that meal. It was unthinkable, the arch nemesis of the 49ers has now become the face of the 49ers. At his first press conference Sherman donned a bright red suit and a 49ers cap, it felt like the Joker putting on the Batsuit. Negotiating his own contract, the media questioned Sherman's intelligence, to which Sherman replied that he was betting on himself. The first season with the 49ers it was clear Sherman still had a lot to offer even though team struggled, but in 2019 Sherman saw the future. Not only for himself, as he became a 2nd team all-pro selection, he saw where the team was headed. During training camp Sherman had a warning for the 49ers fan; ""Even when we go do what we know we're going to do, stay humble. Don't rub it in people's faces. Just stay humble…We're going to take this journey. It's going to be a beautiful journey, but we're going to slap people on the butt, and we're going to stay humble. We're going to get these dubs.". He knew then what we all know now, this team is special.

One of the reasons Richard Sherman decided to come to the 49ers was the acquisition of Jimmy Garoppolo. On October 31st 2017, Bill Belichik made a call to the 49ers front-office and offered up Jimmy Garoppolo for a second round pick. It has been said that other teams offered more, but Belichik's respect for Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch were a big part of this deal being made. See, Belichik had to trade Jimmy Garoppolo, he did not want to. According to multiple reports, Tom Brady wanted Garoppolo out of the building. With Tom out for the first four games of 2016 due to Deflate-Gate, Jimmy shined while replacing him. The thought began to circulate that perhaps, Belichik had Tom's replacement on deck. In 2017, Garoppolo's contract was set to expire and the Patriots were faced with a tough decision, either pay a young Garoppolo an absurd amount of money to be a back-up, move on from Brady or get something for Garoppolo while they could via trade. They chose the third option, and San Francisco has benefitted to the tune of a 20-5 record with Garoppolo under center. The 49ers once had another under-study QB who filled the boots of his predecessor quite well. Garoppolo, the QB with the Hollywood looks and the humble demeanor has become the unquestioned leader of a team that he has helped turn around completely. Even still, it doesn't take much to find a talking-head media goof to question Garoppolo. This week alone Mike Florio; NBC Football Night in America analyst and PFT founder stated that if the championship game is close in the fourth quarter, Garoppolo will "s—t down his leg". Nothing about Garoppolo has indicated that any moment has been too big for him, Sunday will be no different.

As important as Garoppolo's play has been for the 49ers, one of the most important things that Garoppolo did for the 49ers is one of the worst things to ever happen to him as an athlete. In week 3 of the 2018 season, Garoppolo tore his ACL vs. the Kansas City Chiefs. This was supposed to be Garoppolo's first full-season as a starting quarterback and it was over before September was. The 49ers struggled for the duration of 2018 and ended up with a 4-12 record. What a blessing that was. With that terrible record came the opportunity to pick 2nd in the 2019 NFL Draft. The one position the 49ers needed more than any other was pass rusher. Hello Nick Bosa. While there was plenty of controversy surrounding Bosa amidst his political comments on social media and the geographical location of his new team, it has not been an issue whatsoever. Listening to any of his fellow teammates speak on him, he has been embraced by the roster, the organization and the city. Proving that sports are about a common goal, and sometimes we must put aside political ideologies and opinions and work together to achieve that goal.

On the other side of the ball, this man couldn't be further from the political spectrum, George Kittle energizes the 49ers offense with his madman charm and pro-wrestling persona. Dubbed "The People's Tight-End" by The Rock, George Kittle electrifies the crowd and the team like nobody else on the roster. Kittle has separated himself from the rest of the NFL as the best Tight-End in football, earning the 1st team all-pro selection for 2019. What makes George so special is his dedication to the team effort. The man who is one of the most dominant receiving tight ends in football would rather stay on the line and block. Stats don't matter to Kittle, all he wants to do is win. When asked about the 49ers dominating rushing stats vs. Minnesota during the divisional round, Kittle lamented that they only ran the ball 47 times, wishing they had got to 50. His selfless approach is the hallmark of this 49ers team.

There is only one player on this team that could match the fire, intensity and energy that George Kittle brings to the table, and that is the leader of the Hot Boyz; Kwon Alexander. Signed as a free-agent in the off-season, Alexander has been the bolt of energy the team needed to remind them to never become complacent. When asked to describe his state of mind, Kwon Alexander often uses the term "legendary". This is what he aspires to be. This season looked to be over for Alexander after he suffered a torn pectoral muscle in a game on Halloween vs. the Arizona Cardinals. Nobody thought Kwon would return to the field until the next season, until a tweet surfaced in December by WR Kendrick Bourne that referenced Alexander on the practice field with the intention to return for the playoffs. This seemed unlikely, as it would only be a little over 2 months since the injury and linebacker is a position that relies heavily on upper-body/arm strength. This team meant too much, this opportunity meant too much, and last Saturday Kwon Alexander took the field and helped rally the 49ers to a 27-10 win over the Minnesota Vikings. Truly legendary.

These players believe in each other, they fight for each other and they are a team more than they are anything else. Kyle Shanahan and John Lynch are the cause of this, they have created a culture of family and togetherness that is rare amongst sports teams. That is easy to say when a team is 14-3 at the doorstep of the Super Bowl, but one thing that has stood out about this team over the last three years is their ability to stick together and never degenerate into blame and dysfunction. In the first 2 years the 49ers were 6-10 and 4-12, never did the players act that way. As Bill Walsh once said; "Champions behave like champions before they're champions". Whether it be Ahkello Witherspoon volunteering for special teams duty after being benched vs. Minnesota, Raheem Mostert becoming a star RB after years as a special teamer, Dante Pettis going from expected top receiving target to 49ers biggest cheerleader, John Lynch reaching out to help Solomon Thomas through his depression or Earl Mitchell coming back to fill in for an injured DJ Jones and honoring Jones by wearing his #93. These 49ers are a family, whether they win Sunday or not, and that's what makes them so dangerous.

I don't have much to add, I'm simply overwhelmed with excitement. Let's ####### do this!!! I was 10 the last time they won a Super Bowl...

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I don't have much to add, I'm simply overwhelmed with excitement. Let's ####### do this!!! I was 10 the last time they won a Super Bowl...

I distinctly remember switching the Chargers Super Bowl off to play Nintendo and thinking it was no big deal because Niners made it to that game virtually every year. 

3 minutes ago, thecatch said:

I distinctly remember switching the Chargers Super Bowl off to play Nintendo and thinking it was no big deal because Niners made it to that game virtually every year. 

Yeah, a 4 year gap between super bowls seemed a lifetime then 

That's why I am enjoying this season so much.  A lot of work to get them back to being relevant and I think this team is built and building for a long term run of success.  

• Like 1

NFL Network is showing the 1997 NFCCG vs the Packers. Its just starting now. Just hearing Madden and Summerall in the booth takes me back.

It sucks we lost that game but it's fun to watch that team. Young, Hearst, TO, Brent Jones...

Edited by Wingnut
  • Like 3

Wouldn't mind seeing the TO ending game replay from 1999.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

NFL Network is showing the 1997 NFCCG vs the Packers. Its just starting now. Just hearing Madden and Summerall in the booth takes me back.

It sucks we lost that game but it's fun to watch that team. Young, Hearst, TO, Brent Jones...

Loved him when I was a kid!

Edited by fantasycurse42

10 minutes ago, fantasycurse42 said:

I remember watching that game at a sports bar I worked at...when Young dropped back and stumbled, I looked away because I didnt wanna see anything bad happen, and I distinctly remember the announcer yelling "HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT IT!" as I breathed a sigh of relief and celebrated. I had to watch the replay just to see what happened. Since then, good or bad, I never take my eyes off the screen for any play no matter what. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, efactor said:

Yeah, a 4 year gap between super bowls seemed a lifetime then 

That's why I am enjoying this season so much.  A lot of work to get them back to being relevant and I think this team is built and building for a long term run of success.  

Even in those intervening years they were playing the Cowboys every year in the game everyone knew was the actual super bowl. As a kid you can’t help but take all that success for granted. We’ll probably have Patriots fans in 20 years posting about the same phenomenon. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

I remember watching that game at a sports bar I worked at...when Young dropped back and stumbled, I looked away because I didnt wanna see anything bad happen, and I distinctly remember the announcer yelling "HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT IT! HE CAUGHT IT!" as I breathed a sigh of relief and celebrated. I had to watch the replay just to see what happened. Since then, good or bad, I never take my eyes off the screen for any play no matter what. lol

Beating the Packers will always be a big deal for me given how they’d just manhandled the Niners the few years before that (and after, really).

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Ditkaless Wonders said:

Regardless, enjoy the rest of the lead up and the game.  The 49ers are the favorites for good reason.  Me, I'll hope for my Packers but my money will be on the 49ers giving the points.

Same to you. Should be a fun game. Hoping the Niners put it away by halftime as they did last time. Would be much better my for health at this stage. Last week was a much needed reprieve from the previous 5 or so games that all came down to the wire. Have a feeling that probably won't be the case this time around though. 

1 hour ago, fantasycurse42 said:

Wouldn't mind seeing the TO ending game replay from 1999.

I'd much rather prefer a victory formation kneel down with most of the starters chilling healthy on the bench. That was an epic comeback, but we have had plenty last second theatrics to last me the rest of the season. Give me week 12 part two. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, thecatch said:

Sadly, I did the same midway through the 3rd quarter. Was in college at the time and we all checked out until the post game stuff. By that point it felt like a given every 3-4 years we'd be in another one. Had a good run through the rest of the 90's, but just couldn't get back (thanks mostly to the GD Packers). Then it got bleak, very bleak. If only I had any idea the drought to come... 

I think the Pack are doing it with smoke and mirrors while the Niners are solid top to bottom. Give me SF 24-13.

On 1/14/2020 at 2:57 PM, Wingnut said:

Reposting this, it got lost in the shuffle earlier:

Araron Rodgers is 4-5 against the 49ers in his career (the 4 wins were against 49er teams that had a losing record. Hes 0-5 when 49ers had a winning record), and he is 1-3 against them in away games.

He is 0-2 against the 49ers in the playoffs, and he lost to them in the regular season both of those years.

Hes also 1-5 in the playoffs when facing teams that beat him in the regular season.

History is not on Green Bays side....but you can never count Rodgers out.

An interesting stat I heard from cowherd.... Rodgers is barely a .500 QB in his entire career on the road. That surprised me... given the company that he's mentioned with. Even the other "home heavy" QBs you normally think of like Brees or Wilson are way over .500.

• Like 1

I knew they were healthy, but nobody on the injury report. Ford FP yesterday, Kwon limited 3 days in a row. I mean, full squad locked and loaded, this is the year!!! 

ETA: You have to be happy to be this healthy this time of the year. Looks like the Packers are healthy too. 

Edited by fantasycurse42
  • Like 2

LET’S GO NINERS!!!!!

Son just told me he hugged his Bosa jersey all night 😅

Edited by fantasycurse42
  • Like 1

I stopped watching the pregame stuff a few days ago, I just wanted today to get here. And now it's here. 

LETS GOOOOOO!!!!!

• Like 1

:pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle: :pickle:

• Like 1

3 hours ago, STEADYMOBBIN 22 said:

Not that you guys care but I’ll be rooting for you today cause.....Aaron Rodgers.

GO NINERS!!!!

I care
:wub: 

Congrats 9er fans. Good luck in Miami against KC.

Stone cold lock of the year today

• Like 2
  • Laughing 1
  • Thinking 1

9 minutes ago, Mr.Pack said:

Congrats 9er fans. Good luck in Miami against KC.

Stone cold lock of the year today

I see what you're doing. 🤣