What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2019 San Francisco 49ers thread *** NEW 2020 THREAD LINK INSIDE (3 Viewers)

Wingnut is a diehard and it's a tough loss.  I don't think he really thinks that.  Just one troller in particular is creating that narrative in this time of frustration of losing a super bowl they had a good grasp on and let it get away.

I get it.  
Gotcha. I guess I missed that.   Besides Sherman the entire team seems like a good group to pull for from an outsider like myself.

The Colts beat the Chiefs 19-13 by running the ball 43 times and controlling the clock for 38 minutes.  Certainly there was a blueprint they could have followed to win especially since their defense and run game was better than the Colts this year.

And suggesting that they only scored 20 points because of Garoppolo is bizarre.  The offense relies on a lot of different pieces besides the QB.  Shanahan certainly could have been more aggressive if their feeling was they needed points to win (ie at the end of the first half).  There were a lot of plays that could have changed the outcome of this game and whatever narrative people wanted to spend their Mondays wasting time with (Mahomes losing fumbles, Kittle OPI, 3rd and 15 conversion to Hill etc)
Have you been listening at all to ESPN and other stations?  I am not an expert but the pundits are not giving Jimmy G any props.

Have you been listening at all to ESPN and other stations?  I am not an expert but the pundits are not giving Jimmy G any props.
It's a blood bath, which is unfair.  Not saying he deserves any props for this game, but the guy is 21-6 as a starter for SF and they sucked when he came on board.  Granted, the entire team has improved, but he is a huge part of it, not just in his play, but in the part he contributes to the culture.

No.  It was a close game for 59 minutes.  If the Chiefs had lost, then the narrative is Mahomes isn’t ready for the big time.

The Chiefs were a great team the last two seasons.  ALL of the 49ers lost to that great team, not only Garoppolo.

Well, I'm back after a weeks vacation.

The sting is still there...as crazy as this is gonna sound, I almost wish we would have lost the NFCCG rather than lose a Super Bowl. It's like the football equivalent of getting 5 of 6 numbers in the lottery - you're THAT close to being set for life, but at the end of the day, youre still just a working stiff. 

That said, I'm super excited about next season and beyond. This offseason is gonna be interesting.

Last edited by a moderator:
Painful to even post in here... I’ve waited over 25 years, what’s one more :kicksrock:

I was ready to forgive Jed York for the Harbaugh fiasco, currently I hate him the same as I did 5 years ago.

Really because I need to direct my anger somewhere... I loved Harbaugh, he came out of nowhere and made them super relevant again after a decade of misery - then his beef with Trent and Jed and we were irrelevant again for the last 5 years. I felt like it was pure ego and Jed couldn't handle the love JH was getting, so he was gone. 

IDK, prob childish, but I'll hate him until they bring one home. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread