What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

*** Official 2019 San Francisco 49ers thread *** NEW 2020 THREAD LINK INSIDE (1 Viewer)

efactor said:
Looks like Witherspoon is good to go. McGlinchey seems to be the only one who may not be ready for Monday night. 
Daniel Brunskill has a pass-blocking grade of 81.0 and has not committed a penalty in 2019.

Right now, Id take Brunskills pass blocking over McGlincheys run blocking. They can take their time with McG and not rush him back

On the defensive side, heres a scary trend: 4.7 rushing yards allowed per attempt

The 49ers' defense has been one of the best in the league this season but has struggled at times against the run, especially recently. Since Week 4, the Niners are allowing 5.54 yards per carry, which is 31st in the NFL in that time. It hasn't mattered much because San Francisco has jumped out to such big leads that teams have abandoned the run. But the 49ers are now without linebacker Kwon Alexander for the rest of the season, and the competition level is about to increase. That means the run defense is going to be tested more consistently.

Daniel Brunskill has a pass-blocking grade of 81.0 and has not committed a penalty in 2019.

Right now, Id take Brunskills pass blocking over McGlincheys run blocking. They can take their time with McG and not rush him back
Brunskill has been impressive.  Not bad for a FA pick up.  

Still want McGlinchey back soon, but not until totally healthy.  His blocking in the run game is worth the small downgrade in the pass blocking.  They can afford to be patient at this point.

A couple of roster moves by the 49ers today:

The San Francisco 49ers announced on Tuesday they have promoted LB Elijah Lee to the active roster from the team’s practice squad. In order to make room on the roster, the team placed LB Kwon Alexander on the Injured Reserve List. The team has also signed LB Christian Sam to the practice squad and opened the practice window for TE Garrett Celek, who remains on the Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform List.
https://www.49ers.com/news/49ers-announce-roster-moves-x8371

Staley, McGlinchey, Juszczyk all return to practice Tuesday. Kittle sat out.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/11/5/20950491/49ers-staley-mcglinchey-juszczyk-all-return-to-practice-tuesday

The 49ers returned to the field Tuesday afternoon, and they received a few reinforcements. Joe Staley, Mike McGlinchey, and Kyle Juszczyk all returned to practice. McGlinchey said his knee felt good at practice. “Just need to get my win back.” He hopes to play Monday night against Seattle. I’d guess that will be a game-time decision. Ahkello Witherspoon was not on the field Tuesday. He’s missed the past five games with a foot injury. There hasn’t been any new news on the cornerback.

Last edited by a moderator:
A Hurd sighting?!

http://www.knbr.com/2019/11/05/49ers-practice-report-offensive-trio-active-in-bonus-practice-with-kittle-witherspoon-out/

There were notable absences practice, with George Kittle leading the list. Kittle suffered a knee injury against the Cardinals and was not present at the start of practice, while fellow tight end Levine Toilolo was off doing sideline work on the far side of the practice field. Toilolo was joined by Ahkello Witherspoon (who is expected to join Staley, McGlinchey and Juszczyk in returning against the Seahawks), as well as Jalen Hurd.

The sighting of Hurd could bode well for his potential injured reserve return in Week 13. He’d be eligible to begin practicing for the 49ers next week. If he does practice, it would indicate a IR-return designation.

Again, this is technically an additional practice, so the seriousness of absences like Kittle and Witherspoon’s are tough to gauge at this point. If they continue on Thursday, there may be more cause for concern.

Staley, McGlinchey, Juszczyk all return to practice Tuesday. Kittle sat out.

https://www.ninersnation.com/2019/11/5/20950491/49ers-staley-mcglinchey-juszczyk-all-return-to-practice-tuesday

The 49ers returned to the field Tuesday afternoon, and they received a few reinforcements. Joe Staley, Mike McGlinchey, and Kyle Juszczyk all returned to practice. McGlinchey said his knee felt good at practice. “Just need to get my win back.” He hopes to play Monday night against Seattle. I’d guess that will be a game-time decision. Ahkello Witherspoon was not on the field Tuesday. He’s missed the past five games with a foot injury. There hasn’t been any new news on the cornerback.
:pickle:

Gould's status is up in the air for Monday vs the Seahawks due to an injury at practice.

https://www.sfchronicle.com/49ers/amp/49ers-kicker-Robbie-Gould-has-quad-injury-14817293.php

Struggling 49ers kicker Robbie Gould is now hurting.

Gould strained his quadriceps, and the 49ers are adding kicker Chase McLaughlin in advance of their meeting against the Seahawks on Monday night, a league source confirmed. Gould was present at practice Tuesday and was presumably injured during that session.

McLaughlin, 23, an undrafted rookie from Illinois, spent four games with the Chargers this season when Los Angeles’ kicker, Michael Badgley, was injured. He made 6 of 9 kicks and was 7 of 7 on extra points before he was waived Oct. 29. McLaughlin made a 50-yard field goal and his misses were all between 40 and 49 yards.

Kittle misses his 2nd day of practice due to issues with his knee and ankle... 

Shanahan was asked about the details of the injury.

"It's something on the knee and ankle, so he's got two things in both areas," he responded. "We know Kittle is a very tough guy, so he was able to come back in that game, but it's something we're not going to know until the end of the week."
https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/130388-49ers-injury-theres-issues-george-kittles-shanahan-updates/

I hopes @Wingnut, he didn't practice again today. Witherspoon did not practice either, looks like he will be back for the Cardinals game. 

I hopes @Wingnut, he didn't practice again today. Witherspoon did not practice either, looks like he will be back for the Cardinals game. 
Witherspoon did practice today but was limited. I agree he will.be back week 11.

I predict they'll list Kittle as either questionable or a game time decision after Saturdays practice. I think he will warm up before the game on Monday and will be a go.

Even if Kittle is playing I wouldn’t be surprised if he’s at 70% or less. That Seattle pass defense has been bad enough that Shanahan should be able to scheme well enough for them to survive, at least if Jimmy plays anywhere near as well as he did last week.  

Sounds like Kittle is closer to doubtful/out than playing. 

just goes to show what a warrior this guy is to play at that level through injury. 

would be nice if they’d update what the specific injury is - I’ve heard speculation that it’s a deep continuation but nothing concrete. Maybe I missed an update. 

Sounds like Kittle is closer to doubtful/out than playing. 

just goes to show what a warrior this guy is to play at that level through injury. 

would be nice if they’d update what the specific injury is - I’ve heard speculation that it’s a deep continuation but nothing concrete. Maybe I missed an update. 
Hopefully Kittle can go, at least on a limited snap basis. Other than QB, most important player on their offense with his blocking ability mixed in with his pass catching ability. 

Would suck if he can’t go at all,  but despite the importance of this game in the standings, they can win without him and if they do lose, it’s not season over, so don’t risk long term health by rolling him out there if he is risking worsening the injury. When I saw Kittles reaction after catching Jones helmet right on the kneecap, I thought it was season over, so I am thrilled that the worst outcome will be a missed game, even if the missed game is against Seattle. 

Hopefully Kittle can go, at least on a limited snap basis. Other than QB, most important player on their offense with his blocking ability mixed in with his pass catching ability. 

Would suck if he can’t go at all,  but despite the importance of this game in the standings, they can win without him and if they do lose, it’s not season over, so don’t risk long term health by rolling him out there if he is risking worsening the injury. When I saw Kittles reaction after catching Jones helmet right on the kneecap, I thought it was season over, so I am thrilled that the worst outcome will be a missed game, even if the missed game is against Seattle. 

Yeah, at least they get Juice back along with 2 key OL. 

I’m betting he’s out though. 

Gooodwin will play this week.

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/130467-49ers-marquise-goodwin-good-practices-week-seahawks-shanahan/

San Francisco 49ers wide receiver Marquise Goodwin has missed the last two games but should be suited up and ready to go on Monday night against the Seattle Seahawks. His absence hasn't been missed too much because the team added veteran wide receiver Emmanuel Sanders before Week 8.

For the 49ers, it will be nice to have one of their fastest players back on the field.

San Francisco has six receivers it can suit up. The team had five active the last two weeks, but Goodwin's availability on Monday will create a decision for Shanahan.

"He's healthy, and he's good to go," head coach Kyle Shanahan said of Goodwin on Saturday. "He had a good week of practice. It has become a much harder decision for us since Emmanuel got here. There's no obvious guy, especially when you throw special teams in. They all do a little bit different stuff."

Shanahan admitted that he has a good idea how his inactives — at least when it comes to his receivers — might shake out against the Seahawks. He wasn't, however, willing to share that information on Saturday. You never know who might be listening (we're looking at you Pete Carroll), and every advantage counts in a divisional game as important as Monday's.

"That's something I've got a pretty good idea of how it's going to be on Monday," Shanahan continued, "but all the guys are too different for me to let it be known now. You guys will have to see on Monday."

Goodwin has 11 receptions for 181 yards with a touchdown through six games.

I've been saying all week he will play. I'm sticking with that prediction.

49ers will determine George Kittle’s status vs. Seahawks on game day, says Kyle Shanahan

https://www.49erswebzone.com/articles/130457-49ers-determine-george-kittles-status-seahawks-monday-shanahan/

San Francisco 49ers tight end George Kittle is going to be listed as doubtful for Monday night's game against the Seattle Seahawks, head coach Kyle Shanahan revealed today. Kittle, who did not practice at all this week, is dealing with knee and ankle injuries suffered during Week 9's win over the Arizona Cardinals.

Shanahan told reporters that Kittle's status for the game might not be determined until game day. He didn't want to reveal too much about any potential roster moves that might take place before Monday should Kittle be unable to play.

Shanahan remains hopeful that Kittle will be able to play, and explained why.

"Just because it's George," Shanahan said. "If it was any other player, I probably would say he's out, and if it goes like this, he will be out. But George isn't a guy who needs to be at practice. We know he's doing everything he can, and we'll see how he feels on Monday. But things would have to change (for Kittle to play)."

Shanahan explained on Friday afternoon during a KNBR interview what "doubtful" means in his mind.

"Doubtful means, in my mind, it means he's got to wake up on game day and show us something that's been different every other day that week," Shanahan said. "If he wakes up and stays the same, he'll end up being out."

Shanahan indicated that tight ends Garrett Celek (Reserve/Physically Unable to Perform) and Daniel Helm (practice squad) are candidates to be activated ahead of Monday's game should Kittle be unable to play

TE Garrett Celek has been activated and will play tonight.

Juice, McGlinchey, Witherspoon will all play. Im not pfinding anything concrete about Staley other than listed as questionable.

LETS DO THIS!!!!!!

TE Garrett Celek has been activated and will play tonight.

Juice, McGlinchey, Witherspoon will all play. Im not pfinding anything concrete about Staley other than listed as questionable.

LETS DO THIS!!!!!!
Surprising. I thought Staley was the “sure thing” of the group. 

Man Jimmy and whatever Niner happens to be in front of Clowney really suck tonight. 
Made them look like the 2013 Seahawks and not the 28th ranked pass D or whatever they are. Man, really disappointed, and the new slate of injuries really hurts. 

Staley sucked hard tonight, he came back too soon and was nowhere near game shape.. Clowney clowned McGlinchey and Juice, too. 

The good news is we easily beat them if  Kittle and Sanders are healthy. Jimmy had zero reliable targets besides Deebo tonight. Bourne can't catch a cold and Goodwin is terrible.

Seattle will be strutting around like they own the joint, can't wait to shut them up next time we play them

And we Pop the Champagne one more time

-'72 Dolphins

Seriously, amazing game and you all are going to go far with that defense and run game. I do think a little more work in the passing game is needed but you got a helluva team, Seattle was lucky the FG got shanked.  

And we Pop the Champagne one more time

-'72 Dolphins

Seriously, amazing game and you all are going to go far with that defense and run game. I do think a little more work in the passing game is needed but you got a helluva team, Seattle was lucky the FG got shanked.  
Nobody here thought we would go undefeated. Its hard to win when your 2 best pass catchers including your best offensive player is out. But it is what it is, we will see whos better when it counts later in the year or in the postseason.

Tough loss for sure. Defense played great. A couple of short field TDs, but made some big plays and kept them in the game. Wilson made his usual assortment great plays but overall, they kept him in check. Held Carson under 4 a carry.  Thought Greenlaw played a nice game, and almost won it for them with the pick. 

Obviously,  losing Sanders was huge, especially with Kittle out, but man, the others guys need to step up.  Jimmy played pretty crappy, but when he did make a nice throw downfield, it was dropped.  6 throws on the money that I counted.  Bourne 2, Pettis, Deebo, Goodwin and Juice.  All 6 were big yardage plays and not difficult catches.  Bourne is just plain bad.  Not only did he drop a big gainer, but tipped it up for the easy pick, leading to a Seattle TD.  Inexcusable  

Jimmy can’t keep throwing picks like this.  The first one by Griffin is becoming his signature INT.  Baited into throwing into coverage.  He got bailed out there on a defensive hold and then bailed out twice later on drops by Wright and Wagner on consecutive plays.  Two fumbles, one for a defensive TD and another leading to a short field TD for Seattle.  All he really needed to do tonight was game manage and the 49ers win.  He was just crappy tonight.  

Deebo played really well except for the one drop on the slant.  He had a step on Griffin for a big play on the last possession, and Jimmy under threw it.  Hopefully, can get Sanders and Kittle back quickly.  Will be a good trio.  Pettis, Goodwin and Bourne Plain suck. Surprised we didn’t see Richie James out there tonight on offense. 

Let’s not make excuses for Jimmy, he didn’t have any help tonight but he was every bit as bad as anyone else on offense. That fumble that got returned was totally avoidable and maybe the biggest swing play of the game, he was begging to to get picked off all night, and that last deep throw to Samuel could have still won them the game if it wasn’t underthrown. Usually he has 1-2 baffling plays a game, tonight it was 6-8. 

Revenge is a dish best served in week 17.

We will beat them by 10 if we are healthy and don't have home field or the division wrapped up at that time.

I thought I made this post in this thread, but it must have been in some older gameday thread. The 49ers were always going to lose games based on Jimmy G's (and the WRs) play. He makes numerous awful decisions each week, and the sole reason why the 49ers have not lost before this week was because they have been less QB reliant than any team in the league by a massive amount, winning solely on defense and the run game (there is a chart of this, but I cannot find it now). 

I am not saying Garoppolo is the worst QB in the league, but outside of having a flashy career start he has not really differentiated himself from someone like Tannehill talent wise. To be fair, he has not had much to work with, I thought the passing offense was turning a corner with the quick chemistry developing with Sanders, so hopefully he is back soon along with Kittle so we can see Garoppolo with some weapons. The strip sack for a TD was the worst, because the guy came from the front, and he still did not secure the ball, even though he saw him coming. 

SEA is a good team, and there is no shame in losing to them, but it was a super winnable game. They barely squeaked a win over a somewhat faltering PIT after giving up a ton of turnovers, but against playoff bound teams I don't think that will work. 

DJ Jones (groin), Ronald Blair (knee) and Sanders (ribs) getting MRIs today.  Blair and Jones would be big losses, but if Sanders misses time it's gonna suck BIG TIME. I'm really hoping Hurd can come back week 13, but hes still a rookie and unproven.

Outside of one drop, Deebo balled out and I think he will be good down the stretch, but we need Sanders if our offense is gonna keep pace with Green Bay, Baltimore and New Orleans.

F'n injuries killing us. Again. :wall:

I have already stated that Jimmy was pretty crappy,  but the there seems to be a narrative (not here) that every pass has to be perfect in order for his receivers to catch the friggin ball.  Make a friggin play once in a while. 6 big drops in a close game will get you every time. 

I thought I made this post in this thread, but it must have been in some older gameday thread. The 49ers were always going to lose games based on Jimmy G's (and the WRs) play. He makes numerous awful decisions each week, and the sole reason why the 49ers have not lost before this week was because they have been less QB reliant than any team in the league by a massive amount, winning solely on defense and the run game (there is a chart of this, but I cannot find it now). 

I am not saying Garoppolo is the worst QB in the league, but outside of having a flashy career start he has not really differentiated himself from someone like Tannehill talent wise. To be fair, he has not had much to work with, I thought the passing offense was turning a corner with the quick chemistry developing with Sanders, so hopefully he is back soon along with Kittle so we can see Garoppolo with some weapons. The strip sack for a TD was the worst, because the guy came from the front, and he still did not secure the ball, even though he saw him coming. 

SEA is a good team, and there is no shame in losing to them, but it was a super winnable game. They barely squeaked a win over a somewhat faltering PIT after giving up a ton of turnovers, but against playoff bound teams I don't think that will work. 
I think this overstates the case against Jimmy - if he played at 25% of the level he did last week against Arizona, I think SF wins this last game handily, so he does have more upside than a Tannehill type. He also absolutely has a major carelessness streak though and you’re right that he can’t get away with that against good teams (last night was a perfect example). 

I think this overstates the case against Jimmy - if he played at 25% of the level he did last week against Arizona, I think SF wins this last game handily, so he does have more upside than a Tannehill type. He also absolutely has a major carelessness streak though and you’re right that he can’t get away with that against good teams (last night was a perfect example). 
We saw what he can do last week with both Kittle and Sanders in the lineup (and when the O-line actually shows up). Sanders was a HUGE acquisition and a perfect fit for this team. Take both out of the equation, along with terrible play from Staley and McGlinchey (and the backup center on the strip sack), and you get what we saw last night. Jimmy was under assault all night and had nobody reliable to throw to outside of Deebo. If Kittle and Sanders are both in the game, Jimmy can get the ball out of his hands a lot quicker and doesnt have to drop back and hold the ball long. We saw that in the Cardinals game. And Kittles blocking was really missed last night, too. Hes just as important as a blocker as he is a pass catcher.

Not even Drew Brees could have made our WRs catch the balls they were dropping. Last night was 100% not on Jimmy, he was put in the worst possible situation to succeed. Yes he made some bad throws/decisions, but before Sanders left, we were moving the ball down the field, dominating on time of possession, and putting points on the board. When Sanders left, it was like night and day. The offense suddenly couldnt get anything working and really struggled. It was pretty obvious as to why.

Bottom line: every team in the NFL has lost games this year. Our first loss happened to come when we were without our 2 best play makers in the passing game,  with 2 rusty O-lineman coming back from injury after 4 weeks and 7 weeks off,  2 rookies starting at linebacker, and a kicker signed from the street late last week.

The sky is not falling in San Francisco.

We saw what he can do last week with both Kittle and Sanders in the lineup (and when the O-line actually shows up). Sanders was a HUGE acquisition and a perfect fit for this team. Take both out of the equation, along with terrible play from Staley and McGlinchey (and the backup center on the strip sack), and you get what we saw last night. Jimmy was under assault all night and had nobody reliable to throw to outside of Deebo. If Kittle and Sanders are both in the game, Jimmy can get the ball out of his hands a lot quicker and doesnt have to drop back and hold the ball long. We saw that in the Cardinals game. And Kittles blocking was really missed last night, too. Hes just as important as a blocker as he is a pass catcher.

Not even Drew Brees could have made our WRs catch the balls they were dropping. Last night was 100% not on Jimmy, he was put in the worst possible situation to succeed. Yes he made some bad throws/decisions, but before Sanders left, we were moving the ball down the field, dominating on time of possession, and putting points on the board. When Sanders left, it was like night and day. The offense suddenly couldnt get anything working and really struggled. It was pretty obvious as to why.
You’re right that the OL and WR let Jimmy down after Sanders went out. That’s still not a complete excuse for some of his horrific throws and decision making. He was objectively bad last night even controlling for other variables.  

does that mean he’s a disaster and the team will never win with him? No, of course not. But he needs to be better. 

Bottom line: every team in the NFL has lost games this year. Our first loss happened to come when we were without our 2 best play makers in the passing game,  with 2 rusty O-lineman coming back from injury after 4 weeks and 7 weeks off,  2 rookies starting at linebacker, and a kicker signed from the street late last week.

The sky is not falling in San Francisco.
I don't think anyone who follows the team and is objective at all (lot of Niner fan love misery)  thinks the sky is falling, but you can't play this sloppy in a big game against a good team and expect to win.  

-2 fumbles by Jimmy, one for a defensive TD and the other setting up a short field for a TD.  Both plays, he had the opportunity to secure the ball and take the sack.  The first one was a killer as the 49ers led 10-0 and had a chance to add some points before the half.  Turned the game around IMO

-Jimmy throwing way to many picks and near picks.  He got bailed out by a D holding on the first one and then Wright and Wagner dropped easy picks.  Funny that the one pick was not his fault on the Bourne drop, but he should have had multiple INTs and that can't happen in a big game.  

-Receivers need to catch the friggin ball.  6 drops at least and none of them were tough catches. Big chunk plays too.  Ball goes through Bourne's hands and instead of a 25 yard gain, it's a pick and Seattle ball inside the 20.

Also:

-Staley looked so slow last night.  I expected him to be a little rusty after missing that much time, but he looked like he fell off a cliff.  Hopefully, not the case but is definitely a concern.  

-Looks like Blair has an ACL.  Huge loss moving forward.  Great depth and has really become a good, all around player.  The tackle he got hurt on was a great play.  You don't see many lineman take down Wilson one on one.

-Sucks that in the 10 or so plays that Richburg was out, Garland screws up and contributes to a sack, fumble, TD.  

But hey, team needs to have a short memory and get on to the next game.  As a fan, I am really looking forward to the games coming up.  A lot of tough games, but way more fun to watch.

Wow, this thread is pretty funny. 49ers face their first quality opponent of the season, lose, and there seems to be a need to make excuses like they're some kind of juggernaut.

Only thread funnier than this is the Lamar Jackson one where the Pat's fans suggest BB lost on purpose as to set up the NEXT TIME they face Baltimore.

Jimmy was 7 for 11 with a TD and no INTs before Sanders went down (aside form the one that got called back). He was 13 of 35 with no TDs and 1 INT after.

Night and day.

Wow, this thread is pretty funny. 49ers face their first quality opponent of the season, lose, and there seems to be a need to make excuses like they're some kind of juggernaut.

Only thread funnier than this is the Lamar Jackson one where the Pat's fans suggest BB lost on purpose as to set up the NEXT TIME they face Baltimore.
The funny thing is how you dont think theyre a juggernaut.

Stick around.

Oh I'll be around.

Lucky the SEA defenders couldn't catch a cold last night, or you would all we whining about how your franchise QB threw 6 INTs in one game.
Lucky is exactly what the Seahawks are. Lucky Kittle was out, lucky Sanders went out, lucky our kicker shanked the game winner...

I can't take these seriously, regardless of the take.  

Saints looked great and then get rolled at home, kept out of the end zone by an Atlanta defense that has been getting destroyed.  My opinion of the Saints as a top team hasn't changed on one game. Shiot happens. 
Yeah, power rankings are all just opinions anyway, but I agree with him about not dropping us because we were severely undermanned, and if the kicker makes that kick in OT, we're all gushing over the insane depth and resolve on this team.

How about you Seattle fans stick to your own team threads? I don't get why you feel the need to come in here, this thread isn't about you or your team, and we couldn't care less about your opinions.
No, I am not a Seahawks fan. It was purely the smugness of the updated thread title that drew me in (Seattle gets a win against a gimpy 49er team).

Otherwise I would have just blown right by it. So you only have yourself to blame... rule #1 of being a troll (as in to engage in the act of trolling)... you have no control over what you may catch.

Some PFF tidbits:

Deebo Samuel did his best to fill the shoes of the offensive weapons that the 49ers were missing last night. The rookie had his first 100 yard receiving game but also forced 5 missed tackles, gained 71 yards after the catch, and picked up 5 first downs.

Jimmy Garoppolo's night was a tale of two QBs.

Less than 2.5 seconds to throw: 95.3 passer rating
2.5 seconds or more: 26.2 passer rating

yards per attempt:

With E. Sanders: 8.5 YPA
Without E. Sanders: 4.4 YPA

Garoppolo was just 4-19 on throws of 10+ yards last night, with five drops

Jaskiski Tartt led the #49ers with an #elite grade of 90.8. His coverage grade of 88.5 was the second-highest of his career (Week 1, 2017 season). He allowed just one catch in coverage for three yards to go along with his fumble and takeaway.

K'waun Williams had 6 solo tackles, a sack, a QB hit, and 2 forced fumbles. He posted a 91.8 grade against the run and a 92.1 pass rush grade.

Richard Sherman allowed two receptions for 27 yards last night.

For the season:
Coverage grade: 85.4 (4th)
Yards Per Coverage Snap: 0.61 (2nd)
Passer Rating Allowed: 40.6 (2nd)

Nick Bosa had 6 pressures and 5 run stops, most of any edge defender in week 10.

With another quality effort last night Nick Bosa's pass-rushing grade is an elite 90.0 on the season, 5th among edge rushers.

The #49ers defense vs Russell Wilson:

- Five sacks (most)
- Broke up five passes (most)
- Intercepted another (t-most)
- Forced Wilson's lowest PFF grade of the season

Pass defense DVOA….

1. 49ers: -53.8%
2. Patriots: -49.5%
3. Panthers: -12.8%

The 49ers improved after facing Russell Wilson, widely considered to be an elite QB. It was fair to point out 49ers hadn’t played an elite QB yet, but last night should’ve truly legitimized this D

born and raised in Seattle.  13 years working in Bay Area.  First time this game meant something in 5 years.  Was a little shocked to arrive at work this morning and hearing the Super Bowl talk for niners.  You just lost, at home, to a division opponent.  GB, NO, BAL on deck..... 9-4 on the horizon.  P.S.  Sec 201 season ticket holder, so I AM invested in these niners.  would love a home playoff game to recoup some of the losses since the new building.  Go Hawks!

Users who are viewing this thread