Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Wingnut

*** Official 2019 San Francisco 49ers thread ***

17 minutes ago, Mr. Peterson said:

Did Shannahan recently say something about McKinnon still getting the majority of the work in the backfield?  I swear I read something like it but I can’t find the quote anywhere now. 

The guy who had Freeman and Coleman in Atlanta said he brought McKinnon in for the Freeman role and then went out and got Coleman.  So it would certainly make sense that McKinnon is the 1A.

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

2/19/19:

The San Francisco 49ers had big plans for free agent running back Jerick McKinnon last year, but an ACL tear cut short his season before it could even get underway. McKinnon is now in the process of rehabbing his ankle, and big plans remain in place.

On Wednesday, head coach Kyle Shanahan was asked about McKinnon’s rehab and if the plan was for him to be the lead guy in the backfield. Shanahan was up front saying, “Yea, that’s what we brought him here for.”

Edited by Dinsy Ejotuz

Shanahan: “In this day and age, ACL, everyone recovers pretty good, it seems. It’s also tougher from a running back position, I would say, than from the quarterback. I would say he and Jimmy are – Jerick did it a month before him but I think they’ll be on the same page coming back. Jimmy it’s a little bit easier to throw in there in OTAs in 7-on-7 and it’s hard to throw a running back in there because if someone runs into him, it’s a little different. They have to make cuts that are a little bit different. But, Jerick’s been working his tail off. It’s the first time he’s hurt his knee and everything is on pace to be back. We’re really excited to get him back.”

25 minutes ago, Dinsy Ejotuz said:

The guy who had Freeman and Coleman in Atlanta said he brought McKinnon in for the Freeman role and then went out and got Coleman.  So it would certainly make sense that McKinnon is the 1A.

This is great.  Thanks.  

Fantasy wise, I just don't see McKinnon doing much on the ground with Coleman and Breida in the mix.  I think both are better pure runners than McKinnon.

I am excited to see both McKinnon and Coleman as receivers though.  

Bosa has a grade 1 hamstring strain and will be held out of practice until training camp, and Jimmy Ward broke his collarbone today in practice.

16 minutes ago, Wingnut said:

Jimmy Ward broke his collarbone today in practice.

Guy just has weak bones i guess. 

They need to sign Tre Boston ASAP.  Solid player who can get some picks and actually suits up on Sundays.  

• Like 1