What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Thousands of immigrant children report sexual abuse in US detention centers (1 Viewer)

From October 2014 to July 2018, the Office of Refugee Resettlement, a part of the Health and Human Services Department that cares for so-called unaccompanied minors, received a total of 4,556 allegations of sexual abuse or sexual harassment, 1,303 of which were referred to the Justice Department. Of those 1,303 cases deemed the most serious, 178 were accusations that adult staff members had sexually assaulted immigrant children, while the rest were allegations of minors assaulting other minors, the report said.

I figured most of the accused would be staff, but it looks like they are mostly other detained minors.  That can’t be easy to manage.

Last edited by a moderator:
From October 2014 to July 2018, the Office of Refugee Resettlement, a part of the Health and Human Services Department that cares for so-called unaccompanied minors, received a total of 4,556 allegations of sexual abuse or sexual harassment, 1,303 of which were referred to the Justice Department. Of those 1,303 cases deemed the most serious, 178 were accusations that adult staff members had sexually assaulted immigrant children, while the rest were allegations of minors assaulting other minors, the report said.

I figured most of the accused would be staff, but it looks like they are mostly other detained minors.  That can’t be easy to manage.
It might be easier if you didn’t separate them from their families and detain them in the first place. 

It might be easier if you didn’t separate them from their families and detain them in the first place. 
The report includes incidents from 2014-2016 so there wouldn't have been family separation involved with those incidents.

Why would you want people that sexually assault children released into our communities?
I don’t want anybody released. I want their claims processed and judged, and the ones who deserve asylum stay. I don’t want them detained without due process, and I don’t want them separated from their families. 

I don’t want anybody released. I want their claims processed and judged, and the ones who deserve asylum stay. I don’t want them detained without due process, and I don’t want them separated from their families. 
I’m fine with detaining them until their asylum claim is processed.

Users who are viewing this thread