What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trump on "Very Fine People" on both sides (1 Viewer)

No, because I don't want to sit through an 11 minute youtube video from a crazed mediocre cartoonist. 

As I said before, if there's an argument to be made that you think effectively counters what I've already written here about Trump's statement and his broader tendency to condone white supremacists and other hate groups, feel free to make it yourself.
But he did condemn white supremacists that very same day at that very same press conference.   He made it very clear he was specifically talking about those supporting the statue not the white supremacists.  If you wish to ignore the words, that is your call, but it is just partisan bs at that point.  

Of course he wasn’t referring to Nazi’s, but the Trump haters have perverted his comment into something it wasn’t so they can keep playing the Hitler/Nazi card.   

But he did condemn white supremacists that very same day at that very same press conference.   He made it very clear he was specifically talking about those supporting the statue not the white supremacists.  If you wish to ignore the words, that is your call, but it is just partisan bs at that point.  
So your position is that there were people peacefully protesting the removal of a Jim Crow relic in the midst of torch-wielding neo-Nazis?

Reading through this thread is like a microcosm of the last 4 years, and it’s nearly as frustrating. I will be so happy when this time in our history is finally over. 
I appreciate your optimism that we'll all be around to see it.  Based on what I see in our society as a whole right now I think we are still on the front nine in this period.  Until this vapid, reality TV, social media influencer phase ends we're in for a ride.

Tim 101 teaches that when you use words like “very clear”, you should never apply them to a guy who goes back and forth several times the way Trump did after Charlottesville, you should never apply them to excuse Trump of any charge of bigotry, and you should never apply them to Donald Trump, period. 
Or maybe, it's very clear what the words were. 

If you want to argue he's lying and meant something else, that's another discussion.

But it's very clear what was said. I don't expect you to do anything but continue to ignore the quote. That's on you. I'm done with arguing with you on this. It was foolish of me to engage in the first place.  

Last edited by a moderator:

If you want to argue he's lying and meant something else, that's another discussion.

But it's very clear what was said. I don't expect you to do anything but continue to ignore the quote. That's on you. I'm done with arguing with you on this. It was foolish of me to engage in the first place.  
I’m not ignoring the quote, Joe. I’m putting it into the context it deserves, given the quotes made both before and after in which he contradicts himself. For a full record of events please check out Dinsy’s link a few posts above. 

ou see, I don't agree with this either.  I think it's quite clear that the vast majority of Trump supporters/Trump's base disavow white supremacy.  
I don't think it's quite clear at all. Racism is a huge part of why Trump is so popular with his supporters. 
Yeah there’s been articles/analysis linked a dozen times in various threads showing that (as opposed to the “economic anxiety” narrative that some throw around).

I’m not ignoring the quote, Joe. I’m putting it into the context it deserves, given the quotes made both before and after in which he contradicts himself. For a full record of events please check out Dinsy’s link a few posts above. 
Tim, it doesn't matter. As long as Trump mumbles "white nationalists should be condemned" at any point, then he is OFF THE HOOK.

It's his Get Out Of Jail Free Card.

That's how the game works.

Quotehttps://mobile.twitter.com/ScottAdamsSays/status/1121543981475590144
Washington Post weasel uses the “marching with” sleight of hand (lie) to try to resuscitate the “fine people” hoax. Context: See my thread (link: https://bit.ly/2GEdVbE) bit.ly/2GEdVbE
Just so you know I read this stuff and try to absorb it. - To me the funny thing about this is it doesn't matter, not really. Let's say I take the most charitable view of this. I read the piece, I get it, the writer is taking a 'model rational man' position to evaluating Trump.

- This happens all the time with Trump. Constant miscommunication. Purposeful. Gaslighting. Ignorance. Mumblemouth. Doesn't do his homework. Doesn't listen to advisors. Tells them to shut up when they bring bad news. Take your pick. Yadayadayada. If that's the case you're telling me he is an incompetent who cannot do his job. You're telling me Trump took a molehill and turned it into a divisive mountainous heap of hatred that white supremacists like to roll around in? Get him out of office, it's even worse if that's the case.

Since he mentions that he saw the same pictures as everyone else, where are these pictures showing peaceful protesters that are there to protest the removal of the statue?  

Also, why is this being called the fine people”hoax”?

Tim, it doesn't matter. As long as Trump mumbles "white nationalists should be condemned" at any point, then he is OFF THE HOOK.

Exactly. He mumbled something about how they should be treated but refuses to actually treat them that way. Condemn white nationalists and neo-nazis? He won't do it. Ever.

There are so many examples of this.

Trump says at Helsinki that he sees no reason why Putin/Russia would hack the US.

Then after his plane gets back the wave of anger and demands for explanation surround him, and he tries to claim he meant "NOT!" like Borat doing world diplomacy.

And his followers carry around his pails of bs.

Since he mentions that he saw the same pictures as everyone else, where are these pictures showing peaceful protesters that are there to protest the removal of the statue?  

Also, why is this being called the fine people”hoax”?
It's no hoax. He said it and he meant it. Period.

The same logic which is used to condemn Trump condemns AOC.   She was very outspoken when 49 Muslims were killed by white nationalists and went on and on about the world wide threat white terrorism posed.  But over 200 dead Christians and deadly silence.   Too busy promoting her phoney movie about her phoney campaign.  She would never condemn radical islam.  Even worse than Trump in that regard 

With his supporters, sure. I’m a little surprised to hear @Joe Bryant saying it. 
Joe tends to give people the benefit of the doubt and take them at their word. Once Trump does the magic mumble, then he gets a pass. Everything Trump said up to that point is erased.

LOL: over and over again. The man is caught in live confession about how he likes to push up on women.

TODAY he denies it even occurred. But right after that he said he meant it as locker room talk. Like bs, 'Hey, Jerry [putting away his clubs] did I tellya I tried to grab a gal by the hootch the other day?" [Jerry laughs].

Trump's followers. Oh yeah, just locker room talk, yaknow.

Over and over and over again.

It’s striking that the right holds everyone else to their words, but excuses everything that comes out of Trump’s mouth as either being misinterpreted, taken out of context, or partisan BS.  Perhaps it’s the words coming out of his mouth, his racist tendencies, and your excuses that are the problem.  

The fact that Trump purposefully muddles the water is exactly the problem.  

The same logic which is used to condemn Trump condemns AOC.   She was very outspoken when 49 Muslims were killed by white nationalists and went on and on about the world wide threat white terrorism posed.  But over 200 dead Christians and deadly silence.   Too busy promoting her phoney movie about her phoney campaign.  
First, she’s not the President. Second, silence is not the same as talking about “fine people”. 

The same logic which is used to condemn Trump condemns AOC.   She was very outspoken when 49 Muslims were killed by white nationalists and went on and on about the world wide threat white terrorism posed.  But over 200 dead Christians and deadly silence.   Too busy promoting her phoney movie about her phoney campaign.  She would never condemn radical islam.  
Hey let’s compare the President to some two bit House Rep the Trump media purposefully props up to make these types of non-sequitor comparisons.  

The same logic which is used to condemn Trump condemns AOC.   She was very outspoken when 49 Muslims were killed by white nationalists and went on and on about the world wide threat white terrorism posed.  But over 200 dead Christians and deadly silence.   Too busy promoting her phoney movie about her phoney campaign.  
This is terrible logic and a terrible thread hijack.

It would have been a fine analogy if AOC had done something similar to what Trump did -- first by refusing to condemn, then by mumbling a quick condemnation -- but she didn't do that.

Take your threadcraps to the AOC thread please.

edit: Saints said it way better than I could

It would have been a fine analogy if AOC had done something similar to what Trump did -- first by refusing to condemn, then by mumbling a quick condemnation -- but she didn't do that.

Hypocrisy.  Deal with it.  

Despite multiculturalism’s ostensible goal of inclusion, experimental studies suggest that it is experienced by whites as a form of status threat that produces more negative attitudes toward outgroups of all kinds (38). Simply reminding whites about their impending loss of majority status produces feelings of threat in experimental studies (39), particularly among those who think of the “American way of life” as being white (40). Consequences of exposure to information about impending majority–minority status have included increased conservatism and greater identification with the Republican Party (41) and the Tea Party (42), increased opposition to diversity (41), greater explicit and implicit racial bias, and a stronger preference for interacting with one’s own race (43). In one study, reminding participants about the upcoming racial shift also produced increased support for Trump among both Democrats and Republicans in a white convenience sample (44).

https://www.pnas.org/content/115/19/E4330

Hypocrisy.  Deal with it.  
It's a bad analogy based on a false premise based on a thread hijack.

What percentage of Trump supporters to you believe support neo-Nazis and white supremacists? Just asking for a wild guess.
I don't know how many outwardly support neo-Nazis and white supremacists, but I don't think it's a stretch by any means to say that the majority of Trump supporters are racist.  

The same logic which is used to condemn Trump condemns AOC.   She was very outspoken when 49 Muslims were killed by white nationalists and went on and on about the world wide threat white terrorism posed.  But over 200 dead Christians and deadly silence.   Too busy promoting her phoney movie about her phoney campaign.  She would never condemn radical islam.  Even worse than Trump in that regard 
Jon, you're missing the comp - it would have been better if he had been silent on it (and yeah that would been bad as well but not as bad as this).

The comp would be Cortez saying, 'Oh well yaknow there were some good muslims there with those terrorists too.'

A Cortez supporter would have to come back and say, 'Ohhh noooo she meant some other totally different event, she had no idea what had gone on in Sri Lanka.' People criticize her for having bad ideas, not for being completely ignorant of events she's supposed to be aware of. - And this is the version of events used in the defense.

Jon, you're missing the comp - it would have been better if he had been silent on it (and yeah that would been bad as well but not as bad as this).

The comp would be Cortez saying, 'Oh well yaknow there were some good muslims there with those terrorists too.'

A Cortez supporter would have to come back and say, 'Ohhh noooo she meant some other totally different event, she had no idea what had gone on in Sri Lanka.' People criticize her for having bad ideas, not for being completely ignorant of events she's supposed to be aware of. - And this is the version of events used in the defense.
:goodposting:

THANK YOU

LOL: over and over again. The man is caught in live confession about how he likes to push up on women.

TODAY he denies it even occurred. But right after that he said he meant it as locker room talk. Like bs, 'Hey, Jerry [putting away his clubs] did I tellya I tried to grab a gal by the hootch the other day?" [Jerry laughs].

Trump's followers. Oh yeah, just locker room talk, yaknow.

Over and over and over again.
Hey.  He denied it.  What else can you do, except believe him that he never said it?

Users who are viewing this thread