What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

The FFA debut on the Beatles Channel on SiriusXM. NOW WITH (edited) AUDIO LINKS! (1 Viewer)

krista4

Footballguy
My Fab Four segment recorded 4/30:

Full show

Just my portions in case you want to skip the songs (but you shouldn't!)

My intro to song #11 in the top 100 countdown

You might have noticed my Beatles song countdown thread hanging around the first page for several months.  Or you noticed all the music threads it spawned - sorry!

SiriusXM has a Beatles Channel, and one of the segments on the channel is called My Fab Four, in which a celebrity or a regular schmoe plays four of their favorite Beatles songs.  Kind FBG @Kilgore Trout sent the Beatles Channel people a link to my thread, and they asked me to do a My Fab Four.

Usually when a regular schmoe does one of these, they tell little stories about why they love a song - "My favorite song is Being of the Benefit of Mr. Kite because my dad was a carnie" or "I like I Am The Walrus because I am actually a walrus."  Whatever.  That's not what I did.  

Instead, I tried to fit in as much thread shtick and as many FFA usernames as I could.  And so, we're left with this, which I'm doing from memory because I didn't write scripts down or listen to my own segments:

Song 1 - In my intro I talk about the thread and some schmaltzy stuff about communities.  I worked in bits of two FBG names.  This is the only song that was not in my top 10, but people who followed the thread will know why I chose it.

Song 2 - Worked in bits of at least two FBG names (one of which has since been banned) and two repeated bits of shtick from the thread.  This song is in my top 10 but was chosen for ability to get the thread shtick in there.

Song 3 - While the song is in my top 10, I chose this over another one I would have preferred, only because I could get the most FBG screennames in my intro.  I know there are at least four.  This is where I went full-on schmaltz because it was the only way I could work those names in there.  Don't believe anything I say.

Song 4 - Brings the segment full circles back to the thread, some of what happened in the thread in terms of community, and at least one important piece of thread shtick.

I started this new thread and am giving all this information here because, as the thread has died down, some of the regulars aren't popping in anymore.  And this is the most important part:  I did my segment in the way I did as a sort of love letter to the people who contributed to that thread, as well as to the FFA in general.  You guys are the best.  At the end of this post in a spoiler tag, I'm putting the screennames of everyone who contributed substance to the thread (in general order of when they appeared in it), and I want to thank each of them for making it work.

In addition, the entire FFA community should be given an equal opportunity to make fun of me when this airs.

After I did my segment, I was later asked by the Beatles Channel to record an introduction to a song for their countdown of 100 top songs voted on by listeners, which they'll be airing beginning next Friday at 2 pm PDT.  They repeat this back-to-back throughout the weekend, so listen for me on song #11 there, too.

With that massive intro (which no one read), here are the current airdates:

Tuesday, April 30 - noon PDT - My Fab Four

Thursday, May 2 - 10 pm PDT - My Fab Four

Friday, May 3 - 100-song countdown begins at 2 pm PDT; I'll be at #11 throughout the weekend as they repeat the countdown a billion times

Week of May 6 - more airdates of My Fab Four TBD

If you don't have SiriusXM, I believe you can get a free trial.  UPDATE:  We will also post it here!

My :heart:  and thanks to the people below.

Bonzai, Gr00vus, rockaction, AAABatteries, Spock, Leroy Hoard, JZilla, simey, Dinsy Ejotuz, BroncoFreak_2K3, ScottNorwood, Getzlaf15, Mister CIA, DaVinci, Binky the Doormat, shuke, Uruk-Hai, Yankee23Fan, wikkidpissah, Ilov80s, Dr. Octopus, DocHolliday, Alex P Keaton, bananafish, BobbyLayne, facook, Henry Ford, worrierking, El Floppo, Ted Lange as your Bartender, fatguyinalittlecoat, timschochet, Shaft41, AcerFC, heckmanm, Nigel Tufnel, DA RAIDERS, OrtonToOlsen/Officer Pete Malloy/Sconch, cosjobs, pecorino, munga30, zamboni, Godsbrother, Tom Hagen, grateful zed, ManofSteelhead, Rustoleum, the rover/-fish-, Atomic Punk, mike9289, Mrs. Rannous, prosopis, neal cassady, SaintsInDome2006, The Future Champs, otello, Hov34, Grace Under Pressure, Nipsey, jwb, The Tahitian Facemask, Sebowski, falguy, Kilgore Trout, ZenoRazon, Mr. Mojo, maxwelledison, zoonation, Big Blue Wrecking Crew, Nick Vermeil, NotSmart, bushdcoda, Bob Sacamano, Eephus, Encyclopedia Brown, Anarchy99, Oliver Humanzee

Last edited by a moderator:
Just heard Across The Universe yesterday on the Beatles channel.

Words are flowing out
Like endless rain into a paper cup
They slither wildly as they slip away across the universe
Pools of sorrow waves of joy
Are drifting through my opened mind
Possessing and caressing me

Da Guru Deva, Om
Nothing's gonna change my world

Wow. It's so wonderful when a labor of love gets met with outside respect and a deserved chance to reach a broader audience. This is awesome! Congrats to you, k4, that was and is truly a staggeringly good thread that you started, contributed to, and curated expertly. 

Last edited by a moderator:
More excited about this than the time I found out that George Harrison's sister lived three blocks away from my grandma.  

That’s awesome, it was a truly impressive undertaking. I kind of always assumed you were half joking when you always talked about it by god you not only did it, you crushed it, generated lots of interesting discussion and now are going to be basically satellite radio famous. 

krista4 said:
I forgot to say that I had to call myself “Beatle Fan Krista” in the first intro, as well as in the segment I did for the countdown.  I did not do this willingly.
K4 was taken I assume?

Users who are viewing this thread