What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Today's news from the party that seems bent on eating itself (1 Viewer)

supermike80

Footballguy
Anita Hill doesn't accept Biden's apology

Kamala Harris owns a gun, and therefore cannot adequately represent the progressives in the democratic party.

Meanwhile President Trump is solidifying his base.........2020 is coming up fast!

Im already worn out on the plethora of candidates vying for the seat--and am utterly unimpressed by all of them. And as they continue to pick away at each other....there will be nothing left and we get 4 more years of madness.
Thanks 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anita Hill doesn't accept Bernie's apology

Kamala Harris owns a gun, and therefore cannot adequately represent the progressives in the democratic party.

Meanwhile President Trump is solidifying his base.........2020 is coming up fast!

Im already worn out on the plethora of candidates vying for the seat--and am utterly unimpressed by all of them. And as they continue to pick away at each other....there will be nothing left and we get 4 more years of madness.
Thanks 
Biden, not Bernie.    Facts still matter to some people.

supermike80 said:
there will be nothing left and we get 4 more years of madness.
You've started more than one thread now with this theme: you don't like Trump, you want to see him defeated, but alas! The Democratic party is so messed up that they''ll never do it.

I am skeptical of your true intentions here. The other day I saw a thread in FFToday in which several people admitted to trolling this political forum in order to challenge the people here opposed to Trump. You participated in that thread and wrote that you enjoyed coming in here and "challenging the other side." That suggests to me that you are on the pro-Trump side- which is fine, except that here you're pretending otherwise, which is not so fine. So forgive me but I don't believe your concern is at all genuine.

You've started more than one thread now with this theme: you don't like Trump, you want to see him defeated, but alas! The Democratic party is so messed up that they''ll never do it.

I am skeptical of your true intentions here. The other day I saw a thread in FFToday in which several people admitted to trolling this political forum in order to challenge the people here opposed to Trump. You participated in that thread and wrote that you enjoyed coming in here and "challenging the other side." That suggests to me that you are on the pro-Trump side- which is fine, except that here you're pretending otherwise, which is not so fine. So forgive me but I don't believe your concern is at all genuine.
Read it again lady.  How dare you.  My exact comment was that I was  interested in the other side point of view.  And I have much further reaching interests than just President Trump.  If you're going to quote me, please dont lie...that's pretty disgusting and I feel you should apologize.

Shame on you

And another thing.  I participate here, rather than lurk.  You may not like what I have to say but I'm never ever personal and i never ever try to tell people what to think.  Until you lied like that.   I'm not remotely sorry my opinions arent aligned with yours...but I dont call you out for yours or question your motives.

And another thing.  I participate here, rather than lurk.  You may not like what I have to say but I'm never ever personal and i never ever try to tell people what to think.  Until you lied like that.   I'm not remotely sorry my opinions arent aligned with yours...but I dont call you out for yours or question your motives.
You never make anything personal. 

I've avoided checking out FFT mostly because I enjoy this site immensely and never felt the need to look elsewhere for anonymous interaction on the internet but, I think I'll revisit that decision. Simply because now I'm curious. This is the only board I've ever participated in for non-football interaction (been on 2 or 3 others that were either private or public solely for fantasy league communication.)

In addition, when I first discovered this board I was searching for help to learn how to be successful in the hobby of fantasy football. That was 14 years ago. I had never considered that there might be folks out there in the world that would wholly enjoy irritating (whatever other words you'd like to use here too...) other folks anonymously. Yes, I am that naive. It's not the type of person I am to be that way and I was (and still am) too nonchalant about the possibilities that others might be. It saddens me that there are people that are anonymously amused and take joy in that sort of thing. 

I apologize. This is a tangent to the thread topic. I just felt the need to get those thoughts off my chest. Carry on....

:shrug:

how do you know it’s the same guy

I don’t dislike what you have to say. I’m just skeptical. Your reaction doesn’t exactly assure me. 

Read it again lady.  How dare you.  My exact comment was that I was  interested in the other side point of view.  And I have much further reaching interests than just President Trump.  If you're going to quote me, please dont lie...that's pretty disgusting and I feel you should apologize.

Shame on you
Also what’s with the “lady”? Is that supposed to be some kind of insult? 

Anyhow, putting aside supermikes motivations, he does raise a good issue, though prematurely. Nobody knows yet how the Democratic race will pan out. IMO, if the candidate is too progressive,the Dems will have a problem winning the states that will decide the election. But I don’t think that’s going to happen. I still believe that the candidate will ultimately be either Biden or Harris, which eliminates that concern. 

Do you mind providing links for this stuff? No idea what you're talking about.
It was an opinion piece on today's USA today.  I was shocked how he could say the democratic party dosnt want to take all your guns but then opines that Kamala cant be president because she owned a gun for protection. 

The hypocrisy was unbelievable 

Do you mind providing links for this stuff? No idea what you're talking about.
You literally just Google "Kamala Harris owns"... and it fills the rest in for you. Top result and google brings up all the recent articles right at the top. I just did it. Took 5 seconds.

This stuff isn't difficult and everything shouldn't need to be spoon-fed to you. And I'm not just calling you out, I've noticed this by many individuals on both "sides".

So no apology for lying.   Got it. 
I think I’m a pretty honest guy Supermike. It was not my intent to lie about you. I may have misunderstood something you wrote, and if turns out I made a mistake then of course I will apologize. I have apologized many times to many people in this forum and it doesn’t bother me in the least to do so. But in this case I see nothing to apologize for. 

I think I’m a pretty honest guy Supermike. It was not my intent to lie about you. I may have misunderstood something you wrote, and if turns out I made a mistake then of course I will apologize. I have apologized many times to many people in this forum and it doesn’t bother me in the least to do so. But in this case I see nothing to apologize for. 
You directly misquoted me....I corrected you with the actual words i used.

This  contradicts your self assessment of being a pretty honest guy. 

You literally just Google "Kamala Harris owns"... and it fills the rest in for you. Top result and google brings up all the recent articles right at the top. I just did it. Took 5 seconds.

This stuff isn't difficult and everything shouldn't need to be spoon-fed to you. And I'm not just calling you out, I've noticed this by many individuals on both "sides".
I deleted my post before your reply. Sorry, didn't mean to go that way. 

He’s a troll, please put him on ignore and save the rest of us from reading his posts.

I'll ignore the back-biting and reply to your original post. I am not impressed by most of the candidates on the Dem side. However, I personally like Corey Booker an awful lot. Smart guy, seems genuine, seems to have a backbone, has an ideology. I'm very impressed with Mayor Pete but not sure if he's ready (I do think that age / experience matters). His presence and wisdom are well beyond his age but I'm not sure if folks will vote for a 37-year old. I also like Elizabeth Warren but she doesn't quite have the pizzazz of either of those two gentlemen. No one else is inspiring enough to make me write a sentence or two about them here, let alone vote for them (except of course I would in the general election.)

As for the "party eating itself," I honestly clicked on the link wondering if you were referring to the Democrats or the Republicans because I think Republican side is also destroying their own party with their blind devotion to the current President. But I suppose your language isn't correct in that case since it's already happened on that side, and the eater is localized: Trump ate the Republican party. Probably put ketchup on 'em, too.

Did all you crazy fellow PSF FBG'ers know that we're a domestic terrorist breeding ground echo chamber according to all those poor oppressed FFT geek clubbers?

Not enough of these  :lmao:

And SiD got called out for not posting there anymore!!!

Quality bored they have there...

Thank you @Joe Bryant for reigning us crazy libs in before we shoot up a Republican softball game!

:lmao:

After reading the linked thread and that Corey Booker thread, I think there are at least two pretty inescapable conclusions:

1) The mods here are responsible for making this place tolerable, even if it has its flaws.

2) The overwhelming number of FFT people that are accused of trolling here aren’t trolling.  They say the same sorts of things even when they’re with a like-minded group.  And they seem genuinely baffled by why the mods don’t want that crap over here.

After reading the linked thread and that Corey Booker thread, I think there are at least two pretty inescapable conclusions:

1) The mods here are responsible for making this place tolerable, even if it has its flaws.

2) The overwhelming number of FFT people that are accused of trolling here aren’t trolling.  They say the same sorts of things even when they’re with a like-minded group.  And they seem genuinely baffled by why the mods don’t want that crap over here.
My only quibble is just because they say the same stuff over there doesn’t disqualify it from being trolling here.  The OP knows that and is apparently the only reason he’s here - hopefully a mod will check out the thread and ban him.

And I agree - the mods have a tough job trying to keep this place civil.  

I'll ignore the back-biting and reply to your original post. I am not impressed by most of the candidates on the Dem side. However, I personally like Corey Booker an awful lot. Smart guy, seems genuine, seems to have a backbone, has an ideology. I'm very impressed with Mayor Pete but not sure if he's ready (I do think that age / experience matters). His presence and wisdom are well beyond his age but I'm not sure if folks will vote for a 37-year old. I also like Elizabeth Warren but she doesn't quite have the pizzazz of either of those two gentlemen. No one else is inspiring enough to make me write a sentence or two about them here, let alone vote for them (except of course I would in the general election.)

As for the "party eating itself," I honestly clicked on the link wondering if you were referring to the Democrats or the Republicans because I think Republican side is also destroying their own party with their blind devotion to the current President. But I suppose your language isn't correct in that case since it's already happened on that side, and the eater is localized: Trump ate the Republican party. Probably put ketchup on 'em, too.
Oh theres no question trump has done serious damage to the party. 

But my God.  The Dem party looks so disorganized it's frustrating me.  And yeah I bring these thoughts here because on the other board there wont be much discussion.   Course I'm not getting a lot here either or seems. 

I dont see Booker Warren or Harris beating trump.  Biden maybe...buttigieg maybe...but his homosexuality will absolutely become an issue.

Ugh. 

But my God.  The Dem party looks so disorganized it's frustrating me.  And yeah I bring these thoughts here because on the other board there wont be much discussion.   Course I'm not getting a lot here either or seems. 
I don't mind it seeming disorganized.  That's how it should be at this point.  There are lots of candidates who will have their chance to make their case to the primary voters.  I'll only worry about disorganization if it still seems that way heading into the convention.  There is plenty of time to get behind one candidate and I think liberals mostly will whoever that ends up being.

Edit: Any of them can win.  Just like in the midterms, lots of non Trump supporters will show up to vote against him.

My only quibble is just because they say the same stuff over there doesn’t disqualify it from being trolling here.  The OP knows that and is apparently the only reason he’s here - hopefully a mod will check out the thread and ban him.
I don’t consider it trolling if someone is stating a sincere opinion even if he knows it will be unpopular.

I don’t consider it trolling if someone is stating a sincere opinion even if he knows it will be unpopular.
I'm not trolling.  Am I stirring things up? Sure.  But I'm expressing real opinions.  And I'm being respectful to everyone while doing it.  I have been beaten from multiple members here for doing so.   Banning me because I'm here seems like an extreme reaction.  

Users who are viewing this thread