What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Darwin Thompson, Chiefs RB (1 Viewer)

That’s the narrative people are spinning anyway. A bit hyperbolic if you ask me. 

In reality, veteran RBs miss blocks. Rookie RBs miss blocks. One missed block isn’t going to get him benched if Shady out there on one leg & DWill our there wearing jeans & a t-shirt on the sidelines. 

There'll be more rope than that for Thompson.  I’m excited to see what he can do. 
I'll be watching to see what he does today as well but you do realize there is another option?

Does anybody have a snap count of the 1st two games between Thompson and Darrel Williams?

Last edited by a moderator:
I'll be watching to see what he does today as well but you do realize there is another option?

Does anybody have a snap count of the 1st two games between Thompson and Darrel Williams?
Week 1 - Damien (45), Shady (20), FB Sherman (10), Thompson (2), Darrel (0)

Week 2 - Damien (39), Shady (30), FB Sherman (6), Darrel (5), Thompson (4)

That’s the narrative people are spinning anyway. A bit hyperbolic if you ask me. 

In reality, veteran RBs miss blocks. Rookie RBs miss blocks. One missed block isn’t going to get him benched if Shady out there on one leg & DWill our there wearing jeans & a t-shirt on the sidelines. 

There'll be more rope than that for Thompson.  I’m excited to see what he can do. 
It's not hyperbole.  Literally, Mahomes' health is so much more important than any positive effect a running back could have with rushing talent.  Andy Reid would prefer a running back who averaged 3.0 yards per carry with good pass protection than a running back with 6.0 yards per carry but with bad pass protection.  Running backs are nothing.  Thompson has no rope.

Raining here now. Should taper off by kickoff, with about a 73% chance of thunderstorms mid game. It looks to me like the afternoon thunderstorm possibility may move east (based on the Wundermap). But it's the midwest - you never know.

So take that for what it's worth. As for Thompson, Darren Sproles is 2 inches shorter than that and he seems to have had a pretty productive career.

It's not hyperbole.  Literally, Mahomes' health is so much more important than any positive effect a running back could have with rushing talent.  Andy Reid would prefer a running back who averaged 3.0 yards per carry with good pass protection than a running back with 6.0 yards per carry but with bad pass protection.  Running backs are nothing.  Thompson has no rope.
Andy Reid knows how to mix blocking schemes.  No reason he can't be in there to run or receive.  If things are going well, and the offense is clicking, Mahomes isn't holding the ball. 

Raining here now. Should taper off by kickoff, with about a 73% chance of thunderstorms mid game. It looks to me like the afternoon thunderstorm possibility may move east (based on the Wundermap). But it's the midwest - you never know.

So take that for what it's worth. As for Thompson, Darren Sproles is 2 inches shorter than that and he seems to have had a pretty productive career.
And how many times would Sproles have been considered starting lineup material?

And how many times would Sproles have been considered starting lineup material?
Agree. Sproles has been a “hold your nose and flex” type of guy most of his career when when he was on top of his game.

Productive NFL player. 

Spotty fantasy starter.

Has definitely had some big games, but always in situations where he wasn’t in everyone’s starting lineup.

Unless you’ve personally spoken to Andy Reid and he said this, then literally all of this is hyperbole and presumption. 

None of us knows anything for sure, but I’m reasonably certain that “1 missed block” isn’t going to do anything. Otherwise Reid would have benched the entire offensive line by now. :rolleyes:  

Uh, not to start a frenzy but just saw video of McCoy entering the stadium and he was limping pretty good. Now, I’ve seen this from McCoy before and in his prime I’d say #### it no big deal but he’s not what he was a few years ago.

Uh, not to start a frenzy but just saw video of McCoy entering the stadium and he was limping pretty good. Now, I’ve seen this from McCoy before and in his prime I’d say #### it no big deal but he’s not what he was a few years ago.
Rorotowld said “there’s a optimism he suits up”

that doesn’t sound like a player that’s likely to go off for 20+ touches to me. 

If I'm a McCoy owner I'm more concerned about the wet field conditions reaggravating the injury than a video of him limping 

If I'm a McCoy owner I'm more concerned about the wet field conditions reaggravating the injury than a video of him limping 
I was just thinking - in this matchup, with a 31 year old RB, why would the Chiefs even risk this? 

IMO, they should just roll the dice with Thompson/Williams & give Shady a shot to rest.

as a Thompson owner, I say run his old bones out there on that slippery field and good luck. 

Here is the video of Shady entering the stadium, I would advise that most NFL players are injured at all points during the season. Maybe @Dr. Dan can weigh in: https://twitter.com/jamespalmertv/status/1175780048785354752?s=21
I had to look hard at it. I had to google which ankle he hurt, as I would have cu essed it was the left based on his walk. However, he is carrying a bag in his left hand, and that can result in a similar gair pattern. 

His gait, to me, looks more to be affected by a minimal ankle brace or what hes carrying. I wouldn't say it's a limp or anything more than being overblown on twitter. because 1 person called it a limp.

I had to look hard at it. I had to google which ankle he hurt, as I would have cu essed it was the left based on his walk. However, he is carrying a bag in his left hand, and that can result in a similar gair pattern. 

His gait, to me, looks more to be affected by a minimal ankle brace or what hes carrying. I wouldn't say it's a limp or anything more than being overblown on twitter. because 1 person called it a limp.
Thanks I know it’s impossible to actually make an accurate prediction but it’s good to get that perspective. 

Well he does have to play football in a wet field. He’s not going to a job at IHOP 
That’s next week after he re-injures the ankle on the wet field. And he’ll probably be placed on limited duty, so stop yelling at him because your pancakes are taking too long, you insensitive *******. 

But do you have video of her "limping" in to Arrowhead?
Yes, but she was carrying a rather large bag of hard candy, so we’ll have to go to the Zapruder film to more thoroughly analyze which ankle had the limp vs which hand she was carrying the Werther’s Originals in before we can speculate any further.  :shrug:

Weather will not be a factor today in my opinion. Forecast has moved the storms until about 2:00-3:00, but a quick look at the Wundermap tells me it's going to all move out and we won't get anything else.

I think we'll be good on weather.

Unless its Draft Kings or FanDuel or whatever, can't see starting him today. I bought for the future, I'll be happy if he can make himself relevant, whatever that means. A 40-yd scamper breaking a few tackles along the way, a reception he makes a quick cut and turns it into a large gain, anything to make it harder to keep him off the field. 

-Also I hope he doesn't miss any pass blocking assignments, that's what I'm most concerned about. 

-Also I hope he doesn't miss any pass blocking assignments, that's what I'm most concerned about. 
Yes, because reportedly there’s now a zero tolerance policy for LBs/DLs doing their job too.

Any missed blocks by any offensive player & they'll wheel out a guillotine & decapitate then right there on the field. 

Yes, because reportedly there’s now a zero tolerance policy for LBs/DLs doing their job too.

Any missed blocks by any offensive player & they'll wheel out a guillotine & decapitate then right there on the field. 
Yeah well he pass blocks for maybe the most talented QB in the league, he whiffs and Mahomes goes down, pretty sure that bench press at the 50 gets turned over into a guillotine 😉

As a McCoy owner who's had a run in my Dyno of injury probe RBs... I'm familiar with this situation. There's no way in hell I'm starting McCoy this week. Thompson/Will will absolutely outsnap him. And against a tough D anyway. This is Darwin's chance. Not saying he'll put up a monster/breakout game, but if he's the most effective back today, that bodes well for him the rest of the season. It's his audition.

Yeah well he pass blocks for maybe the most talented QB in the league, he whiffs and Mahomes goes down, pretty sure that bench press at the 50 gets turned over into a guillotine 😉
  Oh I understand the concern… It has been  expressed time and time again. It’s still a ridiculous narrative. 

Every player on every O-line in the NFL has whiffed on a block at some point or another. That’s why they have statistics to record sacks and quarterback hits. 

Thompson barely touched the ball in game one, and Mahomes got hit and knocked out of the game briefly. I don’t recall anyone getting benched immediately for that, so I think everyone needs to calm down a little bit with the “one whiff and he’s benched“  storyline  

·

6m

Based off pregame warmups, Darrel Williams will start at RB for the Chiefs today. He was first in and RB line and was followed in order by rookie Darwin Thompson and LeSean McCoy. McCoy was on the injury report this week because of a sore ankle. The... http://espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41077627-4
Oh wow...Cone just moved the wrong direction for some...if Williams makes a splash, Thompson owners are going to melt into the Gulf of Mexico. 

·

6m

Based off pregame warmups, Darrel Williams will start at RB for the Chiefs today. He was first in and RB line and was followed in order by rookie Darwin Thompson and LeSean McCoy. McCoy was on the injury report this week because of a sore ankle. The... http://espn.com/espn/now?nowId=21-41077627-4
This doesn't surprise me.  Ourlads, my most trusted source of depth chart info, has had Darrel over Darwin all year. 

Get Darrel now if you didn't pick him up already. 

This is really bad. I have White, Thompson, McCoy, and D. WIlliams in a short bench league. IOW, I have three spots going to non-starters in KC. I'm thinking of dropping them all right now. This is a joke. 

This doesn't surprise me.  Ourlads, my most rusted source of depth chart info, has had Darrel of Darwin all year. 

Get Darrel now if you didn't pick him up already. 
I’m rostering both, but I’m not sure “starting” is going to mean much here. Should be a RBBC.  :shrug:

This is really bad. I have White, Thompson, McCoy, and D. WIlliams in a short bench league. IOW, I have three spots going to non-starters in KC. I'm thinking of dropping them all right now. This is a joke. 
All morning I have had my finger on the trigger to grab Darwin but now, I'm gonna pass.

All morning I have had my finger on the trigger to grab Darwin but now, I'm gonna pass.
Yeah, I've had him since last week and before the year in anticipation of this, but I'm sick of the KC backfield with a short bench league. It's all problematic, and I'm stuck with it. 

Users who are viewing this thread