What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Darwin Thompson, Chiefs RB (2 Viewers)

PPR he’s probably still worth an add if you’ve got flotsam to drop.
My team sucks, hard. But, for some reason I can't find anyone I'm willing to drop.

Kenyan? Praying he gets traded.

Cam? Super-flex league.

Peyton Barber? Can't score if you don't get touches. Barber gets them.

DJ Moore? Seems like the clear #1 and has PPR value.

My team sucks, hard. But, for some reason I can't find anyone I'm willing to drop.

Kenyan? Praying he gets traded.

Cam? Super-flex league.

Peyton Barber? Can't score if you don't get touches. Barber gets them.

DJ Moore? Seems like the clear #1 and has PPR value.
 Wow, your team does suck. 

:lol:  

Well this is probably true, they certainly could impress their coaches so that one emerges as being more valuable than the other. 
True. Definitely need to have them on your roster before today, just don’t think they will do much today.

Ive been wrong before so who knows,

Last edited by a moderator:
Meh, not dropping Darwin. I rather wait and see how this goes. I have seen moves like this before and sometime it’s the second guy that does well, but we shall see. Good luck all! 

This is really bad. I have White, Thompson, McCoy, and D. WIlliams in a short bench league. IOW, I have three spots going to non-starters in KC. I'm thinking of dropping them all right now. This is a joke. 
x2 now. And the thing is, you know if you put McCoy in next week after this game today, you're just gonna be chasing points. It'll be somebody else doing this next week. This sucks...

x2 now. And the thing is, you know if you put McCoy in next week after this game today, you're just gonna be chasing points. It'll be somebody else doing this next week. This sucks...
I benched McCoy because of that beat writer's report. That was terrible reporting, and even worse that I put faith in it. McCoy is going off...

Wasted the 5 bucks in redraft to pick him up, oh well.  But it always sucks having to drop your second round dynasty pick but it’s gonna happen it looks like.  

Wasted the 5 bucks in redraft to pick him up, oh well.  But it always sucks having to drop your second round dynasty pick but it’s gonna happen it looks like.  
I picked him at the end of the 1st. Luckily got Williams off FA.  It was a lotto ticket.  With he and Williams, I'm hoping I've got someone that gets consistent touches in that backfield.

I picked him at the end of the 1st. Luckily got Williams off FA.  It was a lotto ticket.  With he and Williams, I'm hoping I've got someone that gets consistent touches in that backfield.
Yea he’s looking like another preseason darling as of today.  I should have known better. 

Considering the scenario that everyone who owned him was hoping for came to pass, and he then fell flat on his face, I'd say it's pretty safe.
This x 1,000.  

I've maintained all along:  I never liked Damien Williams.  I thought he would falter/get hurt and Thompson gets his shot.

I never trusted McCoy at this stage in his career.  In Buffalo, I didn't think he'd hold Singletary back.  In Kansas City, I didn't think he'd hold Thompson back.  He'll get hurt or be ineffective. 

With both proving me right  (getting hurt), Darwin proved me wrong.  Whether it be pass protection, size, etc--I think Darrel Williams is clearly ahead of him.  And given his effectiveness, I don't see why that should change. 

If you've got deep dynasty rosters--I wouldn't go and drop him for the sake of dropping him. 

Redraft--I'll have 0 shares after waivers.

So I feel like we can all agree that he's an easy drop in redraft leagues, and still a hold in deep-ish dynasties. What are the keeper folks doing?

I realize it's tough to get any kind of consensus because every league has different rules and incentives, but I'd be interested to hear what Darwin keeper owners are doing based on their league's setup. What do your rules have to look like for him to still be a hold right now?

Yeah, anyone holding onto him in redraft is just being stubborn at this point. Maybe if Shady is out a couple of weeks and Damien isn't ready yet either, but still, this guy is behind the other Williams as well lol. 
I have a deep bench, so I can afford to hang onto both. 

Thompson has been demoted to my last bench spot though. He seemed very upset when I informed him of this on Twitter.  :unsure:

So I feel like we can all agree that he's an easy drop in redraft leagues, and still a hold in deep-ish dynasties. What are the keeper folks doing?

I realize it's tough to get any kind of consensus because every league has different rules and incentives, but I'd be interested to hear what Darwin keeper owners are doing based on their league's setup. What do your rules have to look like for him to still be a hold right now?
Dynasty deep bench, hold.

Dynasty shallow bench, tougher to hold. 

Keeper - usually # of keepers limited so probably a hold (deep) or drop (shallow) just like in redraft. 

Long-term, any shot at having 1/2 of that backfield is worth holding on to. 

Who knows how long Shady will play. He’s 31. 

Someone is going to step up & take a chunk of carries & DWill gets hurt a lot. 

So if you have shares of Thompson/Williams, they’re lottery tickets. Dynasty holds that could easily pay dividends. 

Unless the Chiefs draft a RB, in which case they’re all drops. 

I realize it's tough to get any kind of consensus because every league has different rules and incentives, but I'd be interested to hear what Darwin keeper owners are doing based on their league's setup.
Redraft.

As both a Saquon Barkley and Matt Breida owner, dropping Thompson for either Wayne Gallman or Jeff Wilson.

I feel like it would be more of the Darrel Williams show if things go South for the starters. They seemed to use him in the preseason (albeit a small sample size) similar to Damien Williams' usage. 

I’ve neither seen nor heard anything that would substantiate this. 

Reid talked up Thompson enough in the preseason that prior to the Shady signing, it was looking like a 60/40 RBBC favoring DWill. Then Shady signed & Thompson became a weekly afterthought in the offense with DWill/Shady splitting carries instead. 

Nothing that’s happened in the interim suggests that the pecking order has changed in any way. 

No offense, but I’m deeply skeptical that Darrell Wiliams will become a FF asset unless both dWill & Thompson are out. 
No offense taken. 

@Craig_MiamiFL I appreciate the laughing emoji on that post as well...

No offense taken. 

@Craig_MiamiFL I appreciate the laughing emoji on that post as well...
Thanks for posting your support of Darrel. Wanted to but didn't last week. Just picked him up in my leagues. I laughed because figured your take would get shlt on from the 16 page Darwin crowd (wasn't laughing at your take at all). Literally 16 pages on Darwin.....and absolutely nothing whatsoever on Darrel. The pissing matches that go own in some of these threads is just nauseating to me.

Signs were already there. Darrel played ahead of Darwin preseason and more snaps Week 2. You'd think that Darrel didn't even exist last week from the expectations of some. Keeping Mahomes healthy is priority number 1,2,3,4,5. Maybe Darwin turns into something into the future but when your coach has doubts about you knowing who to block...

Big fan of Darrel. Reminds me of Spencer Ware. Sturdy well rounded back. Never going to be anyone's ideal back of future but all he needs is a shot like Ware to change that line of thinking. 

Thanks for posting your support of Darrel. Wanted to but didn't last week. Just picked him up in my leagues. I laughed because figured your take would get shlt on from the 16 page Darwin crowd (wasn't laughing at your take at all). Literally 16 pages on Darwin.....and absolutely nothing whatsoever on Darrel. The pissing matches that go own in some of these threads is just nauseating to me.

Signs were already there. Darrel played ahead of Darwin preseason and more snaps Week 2. You'd think that Darrel didn't even exist last week from the expectations of some.

Big fan of Darrel. Reminds me of Spencer Ware. Sturdy well rounded back. Never going to be anyone's ideal back of future but all he needs is a shot like Ware to change that line of thinking
Agreed. People focusing on draft pedigree over actual usage always cracks me up

Reid must not trust him yet but with Tyreek coming back sometime soon his time might be running out on my roster. I don’t understand the lack of usage

Reid must not trust him yet but with Tyreek coming back sometime soon his time might be running out on my roster. I don’t understand the lack of usage
What? I thought Reid spelled it out a couple weeks back... when Thompson shows he can pass block he'll get playing time. Pretty simple. We should actually thank him for that.

Reid won't risk getting Mahomes killed just so The Shark Pool can pat themselves on the back.

SanDawg said:
What to do with this guy now?  4 man keeper, short bench, damn........
yea I was trying to figure out if I should cut him today, hate cutting a second round pick but I am pretty sure no one is going to pick him up anyways (I have a deep/good team so I don't have alot of wiggle room for cutting guys).   4 man keeper, I would have cut already.

Users who are viewing this thread