Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
caustic

Darwin Thompson, Chiefs RB

7 minutes ago, mozzy84 said:

I stubbornly held him all year in my dynasty league.   Hopefully he can get some more carries to end the season. Then we will see what happens this offseason. 

Stubbornly?  He was always the RB with the “most talent”

• Laughing 1

22 minutes ago, The Dude said:

Early thoughts for this week?

Would take some serious 🐴 🏀 to start him at this point. Hope he does well though

• Laughing 1

Will both D Williams out, he may get another long look on Sunday unless Reid goes with old semi-reliable Ware alongside McCoy.

Who knows?  But Andy seems to be a huge speed guy and I think Darwin gets enough shots to be started - just depends over who?

I can't bring myself to start him this week.  Maybe next if he shows well with a lot of usage or McCoy goes down. 

My guess is Ware was brought in because of the injuries and being familiar with the system. I would be surprised if he jumps Thompson unless Thompson comes out and struggles mightily. That being said I think they will rely on McCoy as much as they can.

Darwin Thompson compiled seven yards on four carries while nabbing four catches for an additional 36 yards on five targets Sunday in the Chiefs’ Week 14 win over the Patriots.

Thompson surprisingly led the Chiefs' backfield in touches last week but that was not the case Sunday as the sixth-round rookie took a clear backseat to LeSean McCoy while also seeing fewer snaps than Spencer Ware, who was making his 2019 debut following a nearly fourth-month stint of unemployment. Though he didn't make much headway as a ball-carrier, Thompson did show well as a receiver, turning four catches into a career-high 36 receiving yards. He'll stay involved if Damien Williams (ribs) misses another game in Week 15, though starting Thompson in fantasy would be a Hail Mary.

Dec 8, 2019, 9:23 PM ET

On 12/6/2019 at 4:22 PM, One said:

I can't bring myself to start him this week.  Maybe next if he shows well with a lot of usage or McCoy goes down. 

I don’t think I can ever start him, I’m about to cut bait with him and use his roster spot for the latest waiver wire darling.   A few weeks too late,  lol.

• Like 1

To be fair....while he looked like a deer in the headlights when he recovered the ball....in football you can’t advance a muff but you can advance a fumble....so he may have been confused for a second....but either way there is nothing wrong with taking it to the house....but could have been a game changer if they didn’t punch it in there....