What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Post Draft Vets winners/losers - (1 Viewer)

bicycle_seat_sniffer

Smells like chicken
RB winners - Kenyan Drake, Lamar Miller (sigh), Aaron Jones (thought GB might go RB), Damien Williams 

WR Losers - Dante Pettis - who do we think with all the WR capital SF spent? Impact on Kittle? 

WR Losers - Dante Pettis - who do we think with all the WR capital SF spent? Impact on Kittle?
I still like Pettis as the #1, hope this drops down his asking price. 49ers were bare at WR last year, they had to add multiple players, they played much of the season with Goodwin, Garcon and Pettis out of the line up. Deebo should have a nice year (as a #2) if he can stay healthy, Hurd is still somewhat a project but should be fun to see where Shanahan lines him up. I believe Kittle was going to drop off a bit anyway, he was basically the last man standing in that offense.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on who you believe is the #1 in Buffalo, Foster (IMO) or Brown came out of the draft looking pretty good.

D'Onte Foreman big winner as well, along with Miller I guess but Miller is way past due to being benched.  

Derrick Henry - winner

No RB drafted, added one of the best blocking rookie WRs along with a guard early on.  Goes a long with the talk of building around him.

Winners:

Tampa RB duo, Drake, Damin Williams, Lamar Miller and to a lesser extent Ballage, Hyde and Foreman.

I'm also going to put Fournette in here. I'd read they were still behind him before the draft so expected but this but only using a 5th round pick because the best RB behind him is Alfred Blue was confirmation.

Sammy Watkins- I still think good chance Chiefs don't bring him back in 2020 but if he's healthy can have a big year, make them rethink and improve his stock regardless.

All the Green Bay WR's not named Adams fighting for a role.

Devonta Freeman was a winner to me. Some thought ATL was pondering moving on but they  drafted a RB but no one special, I'm not a big Ito fan and they spent two first round picks on OL. He's set up to rebound if his health complies.

JAX WR's got Foles and no meaningful comp.

Losers:

Cohen-I expected they'd pick a RB but trading up for someone comped to Hunt is a blow.  He'll have a role but it went from them jettisoning Howard and looking like maybe bigger role to he's suddenly sharing a backfield with more versatile RB's plus they added at WR which could limit his usage in that area.

Michel-maybe White and Burkhead as well but another quality RB in that rotation is good for no one. This one surprised me.

Gurley- expected them to add a RB fairly early and thought that target would be Henderson. But again thinking and seeing them not only do it but trade up to do it is further reason to worry about Gurley's knee or reduced workload. I personally think the main worry is the latter.

Allen Robinson- was not big on him before, but now more targets and if some of the young WR's show well they likely don't keep him in 2020.

McCoy and Jordan Howard were low value and now closing in on no value.

Jesse James

Winners - Garrapolo, Trubisky, Wentz, Carr

David Johnson in a big way. All the other vet RBs mentioned above. Especially Barber.

Funchess, J Washington, Westbrook, Robby Anderson, Shepard

Losers - Mahomes (they should have done better at WR, even if Hardman slays it), Prescott (maybe I missed it but did they add a single skill player of note?), Dalton for the same reason as Dak.

Gurley, Cohen, Michel

Jeffery, Corey Davis

Loser - Derrius Guice.  The Skins Rd 4 pick of Bryce Love is concerning, especially with Schefter's report that Guice's recovery has been slow.  Been holding Guice hoping for a big payoff, but this pick makes me more concerned that the infection complications Guice had following surgery are going to set him back.  Either way, if feels like now we're looking at more of a potential timeshare in Wash with Love in the picture.  Not good for Guice long term upside in my opinion.

Loser - Derrius Guice.  The Skins Rd 4 pick of Bryce Love is concerning, especially with Schefter's report that Guice's recovery has been slow.  Been holding Guice hoping for a big payoff, but this pick makes me more concerned that the infection complications Guice had following surgery are going to set him back.  Either way, if feels like now we're looking at more of a potential timeshare in Wash with Love in the picture.  Not good for Guice long term upside in my opinion.
So you think a guy who tore his ACL at the END of last season, and who's knee raised red flags for teams who tool him completely off their draft boards, is going to be ready before Guice, who is running by the way... more than Love can say

So you think a guy who tore his ACL at the END of last season, and who's knee raised red flags for teams who tool him completely off their draft boards, is going to be ready before Guice, who is running by the way... more than Love can say
Not necessarily for most of 2019 season, but I definitely think it affects long term outlook and increases chances this is a timeshare longer term.  Also think it could reflect Skins concern about his recovery process and thus hedging their bet accordingly.  Was hoping this was going to be a 3 down back situation, which is increasingly harder to find.

Well I hope your right Dr Dan.  Hopefully preseason tells us if Guice is truly ready which in the best scenario makes much of this moot.
It's possible Love gets some carries at some point. I honestly see Love as a better candidate to be IRed. Washington can stash him to be a backup in 2020 when AP and Thompson move on. Can start him on the PUP and if they dont need him, IR

Or conversely you can get Thompson and Hyde, both superior talents, and reap the rewards of fading the Williams hype train. 

There is a reason Williams was an undeafted free agent. 
He was undrafted entirely because of off field issues, and draft position is irrelevant 4 years later. He was a major asset to this offense down the stretch in 2018. They didn't miss Hunt at all.

Hyde isn't a superior talent to anybody. He's been the worst RB in the NFL 2 years running. Both San Fran and Cleveland's running games got a ton better once they wised up and got rid of him. If James Williams shows well in camp, I'm not 100% sure Hyde makes the team.

I do like Thompson's potential, but that is a pretty big step up from Utah State. He is a guy I'd be looking to snag in the 3rd round of rookie drafts though.

It's possible Love gets some carries at some point. I honestly see Love as a better candidate to be IRed. Washington can stash him to be a backup in 2020 when AP and Thompson move on. Can start him on the PUP and if they dont need him, IR
Dan - Likely PUP for sure, IR possible.  My comments are more about Dynasty value than redraft.  I just think Love complicates things long term.  Time will tell I guess, but if one is looking at potential keepers this is something to consider.

Dan - Likely PUP for sure, IR possible.  My comments are more about Dynasty value than redraft.  I just think Love complicates things long term.  Time will tell I guess, but if one is looking at potential keepers this is something to consider.
even the top RBS didnt carry the ball 100% 

even a 70/30 split with Love can still produce stud value. that's loves ceiling IMO. I dont see him as a threat to turn that into some kind of rbbc. in fact, I'd be surprised if love is on the team 3 years from now. 

I was scared about Michel at first but the bloom seemed to fall of the Damien Harris rose last year and his draft position seemed to confirm it. Burkhead was not the threat people anticipated and I don't expect Harris to be either.

I was scared about Michel at first but the bloom seemed to fall of the Damien Harris rose last year and his draft position seemed to confirm it. Burkhead was not the threat people anticipated and I don't expect Harris to be either.
You have more faith than me. A thumping RB with injury concerns whom was brutal catching the ball his rookie season just saw his team draft a durable thumping RB whom catches the ball pretty well, in the 3rd round no less.  There may be enough balls to go around, but I wouldn’t be too confident of that.

You have more faith than me. A thumping RB with injury concerns whom was brutal catching the ball his rookie season just saw his team draft a durable thumping RB whom catches the ball pretty well, in the 3rd round no less.  There may be enough balls to go around, but I wouldn’t be too confident of that.
I just don't think they drafted a guy in the 1st who performed well after he got healthy only top replace him (at least significantly) with a 3rd round guy.

I'm aware this might be wishful thinking on my part. :)

I really also like UDFA James Williams in this offense.
Do you mean Darrell Williams?

ETA - My mistake. They had Darrell last season and I see they signed James as a UDFA after this year's draft. Now they have Damien, Darrell and James Williams on the Chiefs roster.

I still like Pettis as the #1, hope this drops down his asking price. 49ers were bare at WR last year, they had to add multiple players, they played much of the season with Goodwin, Garcon and Pettis out of the line up. Deebo should have a nice year (as a #2) if he can stay healthy, Hurd is still somewhat a project but should be fun to see where Shanahan lines him up. I believe Kittle was going to drop off a bit anyway, he was basically the last man standing in that offense.
Agree with this. Could have been a lot worse for Pettis IMO. They were always going to add someone and I'm not sure why people are automatically assuming Deebo will crush Pettis in that offense (other than the shiny new toy mentality). Deebo is a nice WR but to me he doesn't project as #1. You might say Pettis doesn't either but I think he's still top dog there until Deebo proves himself. Hurd is more of a project IMO. 

Compared to the 49ers landing either AB or OBJ (which was widely rumoured in the offseason) Pettis' position now seems pretty favourable. 

Loser - Ryan Griffin:

Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle called TE Ryan Griffin's standing with the Texans "precarious" following his arrest Friday night in Nashville.

The 29-year-old was charged with vandalism and public intoxication after allegedly punching through a window at his Nashville hotel. He was released from jail on a $1,750 bond the next morning. The Texans have a crowded tight end room at the moment, particularly after spending a third-round pick on San Diego State product Kahale Warring. Griffin, who got his start with Houston in 2013 following a standout college career at UConn, compiled 24 catches for 305 scoreless yards last season.

SOURCE: Houston Chronicle

Apr 28, 2019, 7:09 AM

It's Sony's backfield. If he falters, Harris could steal some thunder and be a huge pain in the axx for Michal owners. 

Users who are viewing this thread