What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Grade your team's draft from 2015 (1 Viewer)

Hooper31

Footballguy
The return of my annual thread.

Did this last six years. 

Link to the grades from the 2014 draft. Seattle grade = C
Link to the grades from the 2013 draft. Seattle grade = C-
Link to the grades from the 2012 draft. Seattle grade = A
Link to the grades from the 2011 draft. Seattle grade = A
Link to the grades from the 2010 draft. Seattle grade = A
Link to the grades from the 2009 draft. Seattle grade = F

Journalists keep saying they're forced to give grades. They know it's a stupid activity. They routinely admit it and proceed to throw down the grades anyway. Let's choose to be better. After investing the time for only a few years it changes one's perspective. Realizing what actually constitutes a respectable draft. It doesn't take much. Most years you're looking at getting a starter or two if you're lucky. The vast majority of players drafted don't make it onto the field.  If you go back and look through the Seahawks 2010, 2011, and 2012 drafts you'll see why they played in back to back Super Bowls. They crushed those years and got somewhat lucky. Pro-bowl starters outside the first two rounds? They had a bunch in Sherman, Wright, Chancellor, Baldwin, and Wilson on a rookie contract. Geesh. 

If you wish to participate please include the following:
1. List of drafted players. LINK to DraftHistory.com
2. Players still with team
3. Starters
4. Potential future starters
5. Pro-bowls
6. Positives
7. Negatives
8. Grade

Year

Year Pick# Round Pick Overall Player Position College

2015 1 2 31 63 Frank Clark DE Michigan
2 3 5 69 Tyler Lockett WR Kansas State
3 4 31 130 Terry Poole G San Diego State
4 4 35 134 Mark Glowinski G West Virginia
5 5 34 170 Tye Smith DB Towson
6 6 33 209 Obum Gwacham DE Oregon State
7 6 38 214 Kristjan Sokoli DT Buffalo
8 7 31 248 Ryan Murphy DB Oregon State

2. Players still with team: 2
3. Starters: 1
4. Potential future starters: 0
5. Pro-bowls: 1
6. Positives: Frank Clark and Tyler Lockett have been great additions. Lockett made a pro-bowl and Clark turned out to be a great pick. Seattle just flipped him for 7 players they just drafted in this year's draft. For Clark they got a 2, 2, 4, 4, 6, 6, and a 7. Quite a haul for a former second round pick. Added bonus they didn't have to invest all that salary cap space on him. Thinking they can live with that. Glowinski has turned into a solid guard, but for another team. I'm thinking that all the praise they used to get for Tom Cable will be looked upon very differently with time. Cable ruined this team's offensive. Solari has been a revelation. Most the same group just went from worst to first in the NFL in rushing. 
7. Negatives: Glowinski playing well for someone else sucks, but overall that doesn't mean he wasn't a good pick. See above. Poole turned into a wasted pick but we shouldn't have too great of expectations out of a 4th round project. Would have been nice to get some special teams help and depth out of the later rounds, but no dice there. 
8. Grade: B

Last edited by a moderator:
Washington Redskins

1. List of drafted players:
Round Name Position School

1 Brandon Scherff G Iowa

2 Preston Smith DE Mississippi State

3 Matt Jones R BFlorida

4 Jamison Crowder WR Duke

4 Arie Kouandjio G Alabama

5 Martrell Spaight LB Arkansas

6 Kyshoen Jarrett DB Virginia Tech

6 Tevin Mitchel DB Arkansas

6 Evan Spencer WR Ohio State

7 Austin Reiter C South Florida

2. Players still with team: 1.5 (Scherff and Jarrett sort of)
3. Starters: 5 (Scherff, Smith, Jones, Crowder, Jarrett)
4. Potential future starters: 1 (Scherff) 
5. Pro-bowls: 2 (Scherff 2017 and 2018)
6. Positives: Scherff has been a stud offensive lineman.  Preston Smith left in free agency this offseason and signed a our-year, $52 million contract with the Packers after taking a step back in 2018 (only 4 sacks compared to 8 the previous year).  Crowder looked like he was going to be great after a 2016 season with over 800 yards and 7 TDs, but also failed to match those numbers the last two years.  He signed a three-year, $28.5 million contract with the Jets.  Both of these should give the Redskins some nice compensatory picks in 2020.  Kyshoen Jarrett has become an assistant coach for the team after a helmet-to-helmet hit ended his promising career at the end of his rookie season.
7. Negatives: Matt Jones bounced around the league after never cracking 500 yards in 2 injury-riddled seasons with the Skins.  Arie Kouandjio was waived in 2017 and later returned to the practice squad.  He spent 2018 out of the league after quad surgery. Martrell Spaight was mainly a backup/special teams contributor before being cut in 2018.  He signed a reserve/future contract with the Chiefs. Tevin Mitchel and Evan Spencer were both waived/injured just months after being drafted. Austin Reiter was waived in 2016 and has bounced around the league ever since.
8. Grade: I give this draft a B+.  Brandon Scherff is likely going to be a pro bowler for the rest of his career.  They got some production out of their round 2-4 picks and will get additional draft capital from two of them.  It's a shame none of their later picks worked out but all in all i'd say this is an above average draft.

Last edited by a moderator:
I wasn’t sure I could match my post from last year but then I looked at the Lions 2015 draft 😂

2015 Denver Broncos draft:

• 1. Shane Ray DE Missouri
  • 2. Ty Sambrailo T Colorado St
  • 3. Jeff Heuerman TE Ohio St
  • 4. Max Garcia C Florida
  • 5. Lorenzo Doss CB Tulane
  • 6. Darius Kilgo NT Maryland
  • 7. Trevor Siemian QB Northwestern
  • 7. Taurean Nixon DB Tulane
  • 7. Josh Furman DB Oklahoma St
Players still with team: 1. 

• Jeff Heuerman and that's it.
Starters: 1

• Ray never started 16 games.  I think he was going to between Ware retiring and Chubb, but he was injured.  Garcia was a 16 game starter in 2016 and 2017, injured in 2018 so I'm counting him.  Siemian started two years, but that was more by default.  I don't think anyone would want him counted as starter quality.
Potential Future Starters: 0

• Heuerman is the only guy from this class still on the team and Broncos just drafted a guy in the first at his position, so...
Pro-bowls: 0.  

Positives: Garcia was a good player for a few years.  Siemian was able to beat out a couple other broken down QB's and showed some promise before hitting his low ceiling.  He's actually exactly what you would want from a back-up QB, and getting a quality back-up QB in the 7th is great value.  Shane Ray - what can I say.  He never lived up to his potential.  It's not really his fault that Chubb fell into Broncos lap last year making Ray disposable.  I wish him well wherever he ends up (as long as it's not KC or oakland).

Negatives: a whole lot of meh here.  I would say - Broncos were drafting out of the 32 hole here as defending SB champs.  If you want to know why they declined so quickly after hoisting the Lombardi, drafting poorly is a good place to look.

Grade: D

• 2009 Broncos: F <- probably the worst draft in Broncos history.
  • 2010 Broncos: no grade.  Tough to evaluate though: DT and Decker, but also Tebow.
  • 2011 Broncos: not graded, but I would have given this an A+
  • 2012 Broncos: A+
  • 2013 Broncos: B- (although I would have had it at C- at best)
  • 2014 Broncos: C

1 2 Marcus Mariota QB Oregon

2 8 Dorial Green-BeckhamWRMissouri

33266Jeremiah PoutasiGUtah

441100Angelo BlacksonDTAuburn

549108Jalston FowlerRBAlabama

652138David CobbRBMinnesota

761177Deiontrez MountLBLouisville

8632208Andy GallikCBoston College

9728245Tre McBrideWRWilliam & Mary

I'd format this correctly but who cares? 

I continue to hold on to hope that MM makes it through a season healthy so we can all see what he can do, but that's been a curse. 

Otherwise 🤮

Detroit Lions 2015 Draft Grade: A-

1st round: Laken Tomlinson. People were dumbfounded by this pick at the time but now it was clearly a poison pill pick-very advanced stuff. The Lions knew by taking him in the first round one of their competitors would be dumb enough to sign him as a free agent and start him. Sorry 49ers, you got played for fools!

2nd round: Ameer Abdullah RB. It’s rare that a draft pick pans out before playing a real game but that’s what Ameer did. Nobody in fantasy football will ever forget that preseason run that shot his ADP up 4 rounds in the late summer of 2015. And it only got better from there. We come to find out the Cardinals wanted to draft Ameer but had to settle for David Johnson. David Johnson is a top 5 NFL RB and even his own team acknowledged Ameer Abdullah is better. 

3rd round: Alex Carter CB. Lots of people judge the success of a draft pick based on how much good he does but I think it’s also important to look at how little bad the player does. Think about how many games a guy like Blaine Gabbert cost the Jaguars? There are a lot of players out there who played on Sundays and were partly responsible for losses but we certainly can’t say either of those things about Alex Carter’s year in Detroit.

4th round Gabe Wright DT. Obviously a highly valued NFL player as he’s on his 5th team in 4 years- everyone wants him but the Lions got him first. 

5th round: A Fullback 

6th round: Quandre Diggs CB. And this is where the “minus” comes from in the overall draft grade. He’s played safety and then corner and then safety and then corner. He can’t decide what he wants to be. I know it’s 2019 but all this “positional fluidity” stuff makes me uncomfortable. Also unlike the rest of their 2015picks, he was on the field for a lot of losses the last few years. He needs to own that.

7th round: Corey Robinson OT. Normally when you drive a new car off the lot, it immediately craters in value. Corey Robinson isn’t your average new car though. Three years and 2 season ending foot injuries into his career and Detroit was able to trade him for a 7th round pick. Sorry McLaren but unlike your pricey race cars, Corey Robinson is a million dollar investment that doesn’t lose value. 

Overall: Another year, another A-. I’m hopeful once we start looking at the Bob Quinn years we start to see some improvement. An A would be nice for once. 

The  last Chip Kelly draft

1 20 20   Nelson Agholor WR USC

2 15 47   Eric Rowe DB Utah

3 20 84   Jordan Hicks LB Texas

6 15 191 JaCorey Shepherd DB Kansas

6 20 196 Randall Evans DB Kansas State

7 20 237 Brian Mihalik DE Boston College

2. Players still with team: 1 (Agholor - for now)
3. Starters: 2 - Agholor and Hicks, but Hicks got a big money offer from AZ that the Eagles weren't willing to match (which makes sense based on his injury history.
5. Pro-bowls: 0 (though Hicks probably could have been if he had played a full year any of those seasons
6. Positives: Agholor has been up and down, but overall a legitimate starting WR.  Hicks was very good when he was on the field.
7. Negatives: Total whiff on everything else
8. Grade: D-.  I would give this a sightly more favorable grade for getting 2 legit starters BUT, they gave up 2 5ths to move up to get Rowe (who basically busted) and swapped a 4 for a 5 as part of the Sam Bradford trade, so their overall draft capital strategy ended up very poor.  I guess I could give it a D or D+ if someone wants to argue.

That’s weird—this time capsule says “Green Bay Packers 2015 Draft” but it’s brimming with piping hot diarrhea. Oh well, I’m wearing gloves and my vintage Ahmad Carroll jersey so let’s dig in to it!

Round 1 (#30 overall) – Damarious Randall, DB (Arizona St.): By 2015 it was time to identify successors for Tramon Williams and Sam Shields. Those two, starting outside CBs on a Super Bowl-winning defense (possibly the last time I get to write something pleasant here), were undrafted free agents. Ted Thompson was prepared to spend significant draft capital to acquire their replacements. However, it wasn’t clear to fans where Damarious Randall fit into these plans. He played safety in college but GB planned to play him at outside corner, an unusual plan and a foolish one in retrospect. Owing in part to injuries to Shields, Randall started 9 games during his rookie year. The results were… not terrible for a frequently-targeted rookie. Pro Football Focus scored him as the 63rd-highest CB in the NFL. He gave up 738 receiving yards but also snagged three interceptions including a pick-six, and 10 pass breakups. That was some reason for optimism. On the disastrous side, his lack of awareness during a broken play led to their playoff defeat in Arizona.

In 2016, Randall won the starting spot across from Shields to begin the season. Owing to injuries he only appeared on 10 games but notched a playoff INT against the Giants. In 2017, Shields was out of football with a serious neck injury and Randall became GB’s #1 corner (ominous music intensifies). He squabbled with coaches during the Week 4 game against the Bears and reportedly left the stadium at halftime, but the very next week made a great pick-six to help beat the Cowboys. He missed the last few games of the year but fans had thoroughly soured on him due to his frequent errors and didn't miss him.

With Brian Gutekunst now in control as GM, Green Bay traded Randall to Cleveland ahead of the 2018 draft, receiving bust QB DeShone Kizer and a swap of 4th/5th round picks. Eliot Wolf and Alonzo Highsmith were now in the Cleveland front office and still saw value in Randall. Those Packer draft picks became WR J’Mon Moore, who needs a miracle to make the roster this year, and OL Cole Madison who sat out of football in 2018 but is in training camp this year. In roughly 1 total game of relief duty Kizer played terribly.

So was Randall a bad pick? He mostly didn’t play well, so I have to conclude that he was. However, he did have 10 INTs in 30 starts for the Packers, including a couple game-saving plays. If they hadn’t insisted on playing him out of position then maybe his career could have been salvaged in GB. They accurately identified a starting-quality defensive back but misused that resource, so I’ll grade it a “D.” As Cleveland’s starting safety in 2018 Randall missed only 2 tackles, grabbed 4 INTs, and earned a solid PFF rating of 72.8. GB could have just drafted Preston Smith, who was selected eight spots later in 2015 and is now a Packer with a lucrative free agent contract. At the time of this writing Randall is negotiating a new deal with Cleveland and seems to like it there.

[Morpheus voice] What if I told you that it’s all downhill from here?

Round 2 (#62 overall) – Quinten Rollins, DB (Miami OH): A number of draft graders saw Rollins as a value pick in the 2nd round, with some speculating that Ted Thompson wouldn’t have drafted Randall at #30 if he knew Rollins would be available a full round later. Rollins was also somewhat new to playing CB. He played four years of college basketball but only one of football, though he won the MAC Defensive Player of the Year award after that single season. He was the #4 corner on GB’s opening day roster and didn’t play much in 2015 but when he did the results were promising: he allowed a passer rating of only 58.1 on 41 targets into his coverage and snagged 2 INTs while allowing zero TDs. He didn’t play enough snaps to qualify for PFF’s full-season rankings but his 78.6 grade was good for a rookie.

In 2016 Rollins was called upon to start 10 games owing to injuries in the secondary, and the results were ugly. He gave up 7 touchdowns and a passer rating of 133.8 and PFF rated him as the second-worst CB in the league. In 2017 Kevin King joined the team as their latest highly-drafted rookie CB, in part a commentary on the failure of Randall and/or Rollins to improve. Rollins played very little and suffered an Achilles injury in October which may effectively be career-ending as he was never a speedy player. He had a chance to play safety and punt returner with GB during the 2018 preseason but was released with an injury settlement. He spent a month on the Cardinals’ practice squad in late 2018. He got a tryout with the Broncos in April 2019 but isn’t signed at the time of this writing. This pick was a hearty “F” all around. One pick later, Seattle selected the 2015 version of Rashan Gary in Frank Clark.

Round 3 (#94 overall) – Ty Montgomery, WR (Stanford): Another surprising luxury pick, as the Packers appeared set at WR going into 2015 (alas, Jordy Nelson’s ACL only had four more months to live). Montgomery slotted in as an upgrade at kick returner with further upside as a gadget player. He appeared in only six games as a rookie, catching 2 TDs. An ankle injury hampered him during the year.

Montgomery played sparingly at the start of 2016 but became the emergency starting RB after Eddie Lacy and James Starks each got hurt. He had a couple of 10-catch games but rarely logged double-digit rushing attempts. He led the 2016 team in rushing with only 457 rushing yards but 5.9 ypc. His 6.7 yards per touch was 7th best in the league. Memorable performances were his career-best 162 rushing yards and 2 TDs against the Bears, and another 2 TDs in the classic playoff win at Dallas. The Packers added three late-round RBs during the 2017 draft but remained bizarrely confident in Montgomery’s ability to retain a starting role. He had double-digit carries in four of the first five games but quickly broke down with rib and wrist injuries, ending the season on IR. He scored 4 TDs while appearing in eight games.

By 2018 Montgomery’s role was once again in limbo as RBs Aaron Jones and Jamaal Williams had outplayed him the previous season. Likely frustrated by his reduced role, he decided to “make something happen” at the worst possible time as he returned a kickoff out of the end zone against the undefeated Rams in Week 8 and fumbled it away. Less than 48 hours later the disgraced Montgomery found himself traded to Baltimore for a 7th round draft pick in 2020. He played little in Baltimore aside from returning kicks. He signed with the Jets in April of 2019 where again his role on offense is unclear. Perhaps this is the fate he is doomed to endure. How to grade the pick? I could be charitable because Montgomery is a decent player and it’s not his fault he was forced to play out of position. But because he was a Top 100 pick that didn’t fit a need, missed plenty of games due to various injuries, and made a game-losing mistake that cost him his job, I’m skewing cruel here with a “D+.”

Round 4 (#129 overall) – Jake Ryan, LB (Michigan): Now we’re into the part of the draft where you probably don’t remember these dudes unless you’re a Packers fan. That’s rarely a good sign. Jake Ryan, the 15th linebacker selected in 2015, wasn’t a sexy pick (unless you’re thinking of the Sixteen Candles character of the same name) but with AJ Hawk and Brad Jones gone there was great opportunity for a new ILB in Green Bay. Ryan began the year as the #4 ILB but ascended to starter by season’s end.

An opening-day starter in 2016, Ryan received an overall PFF grade of 76.4 and was ranked their third most improved second year player. 2017 brought another respectable improvement as Ryan started 12 games and earned a PFF rating of 82.1, 19th among all qualified linebackers. He was the second most productive inside linebacker against the run in 2017, though he contributed little in pass coverage or rush. In July of 2018 Ryan tore his ACL and missed the season. Green Bay did not attempt to re-sign Ryan after his rookie contract expired. He signed a two-year, $8 million contract with Jacksonville in March of 2019. Ryan was a value pick, playing 1,522 snaps in three seasons, and improved his game every year that he was on the field. On the other hand, ILB is a low-value position in the Packers’ defense and Ryan was essentially a good run stopper with no big-play upside. Reliable yet forgettable; give him a “C” overall, a relative gem of a pick in this garbage heap.

Round 5 (#147 overall) – Brett Hundley, QB (UCLA): Hundley was selected as an upgrade to the backup QB spot, replacing Scott Tolzien in that role after one season. Hundley supposedly had “great mechanics” and the potential to develop into a player worth a high draft pick. Maybe this pick should’ve been spent on a player who could contribute something immediately, hmm? (There weren’t many good players in this stretch of the draft but Jay Ajayi went two picks later.)

Hundley played well each preseason and Packer fans entertained grandiose dreams of trading him for a first- or second-round pick. Then he actually had to play in real games and it all fell apart. With Aaron Rodgers sidelined in 2017, Hundley started nine games and went 3-6 including two shutout losses. He finished 23rd in the NFL in completion percentage (60.8), 31st in yards per attempt (5.8) and 30th in passer rating (70.6). One of those wins was against the Bears, at least. Hundley finished with 1,836 passing yards, 9 passing TDs, 12 INTs, 270 rushing yards, and 2 rushing TDs.

In August of 2018 Hundley was traded to Seattle for a sixth-round pick in 2019, hardly the bounty fans had once dreamed of. That pick became RB Dexter Williams. In March 2019 Hundley signed a one-year deal with Arizona. His brief starting tenure in Green Bay was grim, and his name will make fans shudder for years. This pick is a hard “F.” At least Tolzien had a 300-yard game.

Round 6 (#206 overall) – Aaron Ripkowski, FB (Oklahoma): We're back to players who were bad picks because they rarely played and not because they actively cost the team wins. Hooray. Ripkowski was mostly a special teams player. 2016 was his best season, as he got 43 offensive touches and scored 3 TDs including a rushing touchdown in the playoffs. In 2017 he was back to mostly special teams duties and he was released before the start of the 2018 season. In January 2019 Ripkowski signed a futures contract with Kansas City. We’re in the sixth round at this point though, so what are you expecting? I’ll give this pick a “C-.”

Round 6 (#210 overall) – Christian Ringo, DE (Louisiana): Ringo was released during final cuts but signed to the practice squad. Supposedly at least one other team offered Ringo a contract, but he accepted a raise from the Packers and remained on the practice squad. He appeared in 8 games for the Packers in 2016 but never showed much as a pass rusher. He’s remained a fringe player in the league since then, with Dallas, Detroit and Cincinnati signing him at different times. Should we even be grading these picks? He’s essentially a good undrafted free agent.

Round 6 (#213 overall) – Kennard Backman, TE (Ala-Birmingham): Appeared in 7 games for the Packers during his rookie year, playing special teams. The Packers put him on IR in August 2016. New England and Detroit each had him on their practice squad briefly in 2016-2017. His NFL career appears to be over now. No grade is necessary here but like, he did at least play in the NFL. In a playoff game, even!

Notable undrafted free agents:

Ladarius Gunter, CB (Miami FL) was NOT good but ended up starting 19 games and playing 1,055 snaps in 2016 because of the injury to Sam Shields. Julio Jones rocked his world in the 2016 NFC Championship Game. Gunter still opened 2017 with a starting spot, but reeked in Week 1 and was cut immediately. Carolina claimed him off waivers but Gunter was not a contributor there.

John Crockett, RB (North Dakota St.) was a preseason fan favorite and got a tiny bit of playing time.

And that’s it! That’s as deep as the diarrhea go! Fortunately I own many more vintage Ahmad Carroll jerseys.

Final grade: Press “F” to pay NO respects to this horrible no-good very bad draft.

The  last Chip Kelly draft

1 20 20   Nelson Agholor WR USC

2 15 47   Eric Rowe DB Utah

3 20 84   Jordan Hicks LB Texas

6 15 191 JaCorey Shepherd DB Kansas

6 20 196 Randall Evans DB Kansas State

7 20 237 Brian Mihalik DE Boston College

2. Players still with team: 1 (Agholor - for now)
3. Starters: 2 - Agholor and Hicks, but Hicks got a big money offer from AZ that the Eagles weren't willing to match (which makes sense based on his injury history.
5. Pro-bowls: 0 (though Hicks probably could have been if he had played a full year any of those seasons
6. Positives: Agholor has been up and down, but overall a legitimate starting WR.  Hicks was very good when he was on the field.
7. Negatives: Total whiff on everything else
8. Grade: D-.  I would give this a sightly more favorable grade for getting 2 legit starters BUT, they gave up 2 5ths to move up to get Rowe (who basically busted) and swapped a 4 for a 5 as part of the Sam Bradford trade, so their overall draft capital strategy ended up very poor.  I guess I could give it a D or D+ if someone wants to argue.
I think we have to somehow factor in that us drafting Eric Rowe -> cut by us pretty early -> signed by Pats -> burnt by Alshon Jeffrey in SuperBowl for first ever Eagles win.

Joking aside I think Agholor was a fine pick at the time - wasn't a reach, everything "should" have worked (and he isn't a bust, he's going to be playing the NFL for a while). just needed a bit more time to adjust to the pro game.  Hicks was tremendous value for a 3rd - do you dock a draft because the dude got freak injuries?  He got a nice payday by AZ which makes me think he's a good player we just didn't keep around.  I wouldn't go below a C.  Certainly not 'A', but 'D-' is almost Marcus Smith in the 1st round territory. 

1.25 Shaq ThompsonLBWashington

2.9 Devin FunchessWRMichigan

4.3 Daryl WilliamsGOklahoma

5.33 David MayoLBTexas State

5.38 Cameron Artis-PayneRBAuburn

2. Players still with team: 3 - Thompson, Williams, CAP.
3. Starters: 3 - Thompson, Funchess, Williams.  Funchess now with the Colts and shouldn't be a starter IMO.
5. Pro-bowls: 0
6. Positives: All five are still rostered in the NFL.  All five were on the Panthers roster last year, Funchess and Mayo left via FA this year.  Williams may be the best of the lot.
7. Negatives: No pro-bowlers
8. Grade: B+  Going 5 for 5 on players sticking in the NFL has to worth something and getting 3 starters is a feather in Gettleman's cap.

Jets.....LOL

First draft for somehow still GM Mike Maccagnan. 

Draftees

1.6 Leonard Williams DE  USC

2.5 Devin Smith WR Ohio State

3.18 Lorenzo Mauldin LB Louisville

4. 4- Bryce Petty QB Baylor

5.16  Jarvis Harrison G Texas A&M

6. 7 Deon Simon DT Northwestern State (LA)

2. Players still with team

Williams.....and that's it.

3. Starters

Again....Williams and that's it

4. Potential future starters

Nobody else on the roster

5. Pro-bowls

Williams was an alternate in 2017

6. Positives

Williams is a decent to good player and still on the roster. Nobody else murdered anyone.

7. Negatives

Pretty much everything else.

8. Grade-

D and I guess that's being generous

Williams was the consensus BPA (some said the best player in the draft) and he fell into the Jets lap at 6. They took him and added him to what appeared to be a fierce young offensive line (next to Mo Wilkerson, Snacks Harrison and Sheldon Richardson) but Wilkerson got fat and happy after his big deal, Richardson's production wasn't worth the aggravation of his off-field troubles and Harrison left as a free agent after the season. Williams has become a decent player but nowhere near the disruptive force he was touted to be. Now he's a free agent to be carrying the top cap charge on the team and will likely leave after this season (as some team will likely pay more than the Jets for the potential that is still presumably there). The Jets have re-started the cycle by drafting another player at his position to hedge their bets/maybe draw some attention away from him to make some impact plays.

Devin Smith was drafted due to his alleged ability to take the top off a defense, but he showed very little, tore his ACL twice and was cut before ever playing a full season. Now puttering around the bottom end of the Dallas practice squad.

Mauldin flashed some as a rookie but got hurt in 2015 (neck) 2016 (hammy) and 2017 (back, missed the whole year) before being cut. Presumably done with football

Petty was given a couple of late season opportunities to show some value (even as a backup) but never really did.  Non-NFL talent that was clearly a product of the Baylor offensive system.  Out of football.

Harrison never played a regular season NFL down as far as I can tell. Jets cut him November of his rookie year and now he plays in Canada.

Simon played a little in his 2nd year as a rotational guy but never showed much.  Been on 3 practice squads since.

So yeah....sweet job Mac.

That’s weird—this time capsule says “Green Bay Packers 2015 Draft” but it’s brimming with piping hot diarrhea. Oh well, I’m wearing gloves and my vintage Ahmad Carroll jersey so let’s dig in to it!

[Morpheus voice] What if I told you that it’s all downhill from here?

Perhaps this is the fate he is doomed to endure. 

(unless you’re thinking of the Sixteen Candles character of the same name) 

Hundley played well each preseason and Packer fans entertained grandiose dreams of trading him for a first- or second-round pick. Then he actually had to play in real games and it all fell apart. 

We're back to players who were bad picks because they rarely played and not because they actively cost the team wins. Hooray. 

And that’s it! That’s as deep as the diarrhea go! Fortunately I own many more vintage Ahmad Carroll jerseys.

Final grade: Press “F” to pay NO respects to this horrible no-good very bad draft.
:lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

I wish this board allowed nominations for “post of the week / month / year”, because both for its information and humor value, this would be 2019’s leader in the clubhouse.

2015 1 1 11 11 Trae Waynes DB Michigan State
2 2 13 45 Eric Kendricks LB UCLA
3 3 24 88 Danielle Hunter DE Louisiana State
4 4 11 110 T.J. Clemmings T Pittsburgh
5 5 7 143 MyCole Pruitt TE Southern Illinois
6 5 10 146 Stefon Diggs WR Maryland
7 6 9 185 Tyrus Thompson T Oklahoma
8 6 17 193 B.J. Dubose DE Louisville
9 7 11 228 Austin Shepherd T Alabama
10 7 15 232 Edmond Robinson LB Newberry

Not really a fan of Waynes but getting Kendricks, Hunter and Diggs in one draft has to be an A. 

Year after year I'm reminded of what a realistic solid draft looks like. So easy to fall into the trap of thinking they are all future stars in the NFL when in reality the majority of them won't be starting caliber talent. 

I'll give it a shot for the Steelers:

1 Bud Dupree    LB    Kentucky (current starter with Steelers)
2 Senquez Golson DB    Mississippi (injuries killed his first 2 seasons and now he is out of the NFL)
3 Sammie Coates WR    Auburn (currently with KC)
4 Doran Grant DB    Ohio State (don't remember much about him but he is now out of the NFL)
5 Jesse James TE    Penn State (decent player for 5th round, 2nd string TE but got plenty of PT.  Signed with DET this offseason)
6 Leterrius Walton DT    Central Michigan (still with Steelers, depth player)
 6 Anthony Chickillo DE    Miami (FL) (still with Steelers, 3rd on depth chart at OLB)
 7 Gerod Holliman DB    Louisville  (did not make initial 53 man roster and is now out of NFL)    

1. List of drafted players. (listed above)
2. Players still with team (Dupree, Walton, Chickillo)
3. Starters (Dupree)
4. Potential future starters (None)
5. Pro-bowls (None)
6. Positives (Not much although 5 of the 8 players are still in the NFL)
7. Negatives (Dupree is not a bust but he has under-performed as a first rounder)
8. Grade - I'll give them a generous C.  One starter and 2 depth guys still with the team.  Plus 2 other players still in the NFL with other teams.  The grade would be better if Dupree was a legit first rounder/stud.  They didn't hit any home runs but but James, Walton, Chickillo provided depth for 4 years along with Dupree as a starter for 4 years.

1 2 Marcus Mariota QB Oregon

2 8 Dorial Green-BeckhamWRMissouri

33266Jeremiah PoutasiGUtah

441100Angelo BlacksonDTAuburn

549108Jalston FowlerRBAlabama

652138David CobbRBMinnesota

761177Deiontrez MountLBLouisville

8632208Andy GallikCBoston College

9728245Tre McBrideWRWilliam & Mary

I'd format this correctly but who cares? 

I continue to hold on to hope that MM makes it through a season healthy so we can all see what he can do, but that's been a curse. 

Otherwise 🤮
Jalston Fowler should still have been with the team, but Mularkey

I echo Hooligan's comments...that draft for GB was 🤢.

Odd thing is the 2014 draft gave them HaHa, Adams and Linsley...and 2016 gave them Clark, Martinez, Fackrell...but 2015 was just a bucket of crap.

NOS 2015

R1.13 - OT Andrus Peat

R1.31 LB Stephone Anthony

R2.44 OLB Hau'oli Kikaha

R3.75 QB Garrett Grayson

R3.78 CB PJ Williams

R5 DE Davis Tull

R5 DE Tyeler Davison

R5 Damian Swann

R7 Marcus Murphy

Grade D. Peat and Williams are the only players remaining on the team. Peat, despite being a physical specimen, has been wildly uneven and marginally effective at OG. Williams has been a starting corner on occasion but he's just a nickel. He'll likely fight to keep that spot with the addition of Gardiner-Johnson in this 2019 draft. The rest of the 2015 draftees were discovered to be back-ups or rotation guys. Anthony played one IDP glorious season before fading from memory.

Dallas Cowboys

1.27: CB Byron Jones - I'm a big fan and I know PFF likes him a lot as well.  Does not turn the ball over as much as I'd like but still makes a lot of plays

2.60: DE Randy Gregory - *bong rip sound*

3.91: OT Chaz Green - Gave up six sacks filling in for Tyron Smith against Atlanta.  The worst performance I've ever seen by an offensive lineman

4.127: LB Damien Wilson - LVE's backup

5.163: DE Ryan Russel - Played in one game for Dallas, no longer with team

7.236: LB Mark Nzeocha - Played in seven games for Dallas, no longer with team

7.243: OT Laurence Gibson - 0 games played in NFL

7.246: TE Geoff Swaim - Eh.  JAG but he's played quite a bit so ok for a 7th I guess

Final grade - F+

Users who are viewing this thread