What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

2019 FBG Spring Survivor League Discussion Thread (2 Viewers)

@ryheaps @BusMan @Mr. Irrelevant @Crippler

You will need to link you team.  If you can't log in as commish and do this, PM me your e-mail address.  I will be very scarce today so please be patient.
I'm all set. For anyone who needs it, here's how you do it (more or less, hopefully I haven't missed anything) ...

• Choose "Franchise Setup" under the Commissioners menu
  • Click the "Franchise Setup" link
  • Click "Change Access Code" at the top of the page
  • Select your name from the drop down menu and input an access code (must include a special character for some reason) and click Save
  • Go back into the Franchise Setup link and click "Link Franchise"
  • Select your name again and enter the same access code you just created, and click the button at the bottom (Link or Continue, something like that)
  • Finally, you should see a new link next to your ID at the top right of the page that says "Become Owner" - click that
As simple and easy as everything else on MFL these days.  :rolleyes:

Pumped getting Kelce.  Didn't have a backup plan.  With the Hill news I can't imagine Mahommes (who was surprisingly available) doesn't wear out Kelce.

Pumped getting Kelce.  Didn't have a backup plan.  With the Hill news I can't imagine Mahommes (who was surprisingly available) doesn't wear out Kelce.
Was close to taking him over nuk. Just decided I'd rather secure a top guy at a position requiring more than one starter (and no flex here). But it was very close.

Kelce was my 2nd predraft behind Zeke at 1.03. In 2PPR there's a strong case to be made he should go 1.01.

I'm all set. For anyone who needs it, here's how you do it (more or less, hopefully I haven't missed anything) ...

• Choose "Franchise Setup" under the Commissioners menu
  • Click the "Franchise Setup" link
  • Click "Change Access Code" at the top of the page
  • Select your name from the drop down menu and input an access code (must include a special character for some reason) and click Save
  • Go back into the Franchise Setup link and click "Link Franchise"
  • Select your name again and enter the same access code you just created, and click the button at the bottom (Link or Continue, something like that)
  • Finally, you should see a new link next to your ID at the top right of the page that says "Become Owner" - click that
As simple and easy as everything else on MFL these days.  :rolleyes:
Thanks. This was very helpful.

I’m sorry. Was in all day meetings and forgot. I can’t get in the league as commish to claim a team. Can you set me up...ryheaps@comcast.net

FYI - no internet at home until Thursday so I may need a heads up. My phone connects everywhere but inside the house and I am signed up for notifications, so it may be all right as long as I don't go on the clock late in the evening.

There's little to nothing comparative about me and Todd Gurley. It's laughable to even consider it. However, I have athletics-injury-induced arthritis, as does he. Again, there's nothing comparative about me and Todd Gurley, and it's laughable to even consider it, but I'm about to turn 51,  and as a chef, I work on my feet 10-16 hours a day, sometimes for a full 7-day week , in a physically demanding job. If I can relate to him in any way, post-surgical arthritis is all about pain tolerance and pain management. I have an extremely high pain tolerance. Gurley is a professional football player; I'd hope his is as high or higher than mine. I medically manage my pain somewhat effectively. He'd better have access to better tech and better drugs than I do.

In short, Gurley at 1.13? Really? I'll take my chances.

nittanylion said:
There's little to nothing comparative about me and Todd Gurley. It's laughable to even consider it. However, I have athletics-injury-induced arthritis, as does he. Again, there's nothing comparative about me and Todd Gurley, and it's laughable to even consider it, but I'm about to turn 51,  and as a chef, I work on my feet 10-16 hours a day, sometimes for a full 7-day week , in a physically demanding job. If I can relate to him in any way, post-surgical arthritis is all about pain tolerance and pain management. I have an extremely high pain tolerance. Gurley is a professional football player; I'd hope his is as high or higher than mine. I medically manage my pain somewhat effectively. He'd better have access to better tech and better drugs than I do.

Absolute theft

eta I bet you make a better soufflé than gurley 

Last edited by a moderator:
The IBL is a 12-teamer and if you told me right now I could start off my draft in August with Zeke, Hilton, and Allen I'd jump on it.

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy about that start here.

The IBL is a 12-teamer and if you told me right now I could start off my draft in August with Zeke, Hilton, and Allen I'd jump on it.

Needless to say, I'm pretty happy about that start here.
The TE thing changes things a little....5 TE's off the board by 2.07.........no 2 PPR I would imagine neither Hilton or Allen make it to your 2.14

nittanylion said:

I almost took him at 6. 

The difference (the only one, right?) Between you and Gurley is you don't need to make sudden cuts and move in different directions quickly to be effective. Presumably you also didn't sit the key moments in the last year and had a promising rookie drafted to possibly replace you.

For risk reward, you won't do much better than Gurley at 13. But I can't really blame anyone for not taking him. 

I’ll admit I may be overly concerned about Gurley....he is venturing into that “let somebody draft him and I’ll move on to the next guy on my list” territory....end of round one or top or round two with another stud already on board may be about right, but not sure I’d pull the trigger even there in a 16 team league with a lot of picks to go before the 3-4 turn where I could add a legit RB2 which seems like you might need to do with Gurley this year....

I almost took him at 6. 

The difference (the only one, right?) Between you and Gurley is you don't need to make sudden cuts and move in different directions quickly to be effective. Presumably you also didn't sit the key moments in the last year and had a promising rookie drafted to possibly replace you.

For risk reward, you won't do much better than Gurley at 13. But I can't really blame anyone for not taking him. 
You haven't seen him in the kitchen.

Thanks to my IBL teammates for the assist last night. Tuesday nights during the school term, I host a men's bible study and last night was this year's last meeting. I left work a bit early and grilled burgers and hot dogs and was tracking the progress, but apparently I came on the clock right as we began our meeting which ran long due to eating dinner afterward. When it was over and clean-up was complete, I could not access MFL, even outside where I was accompanied by our four month old mini doxie puppy. Quite an adventure trying to keep up with her using the phone flash light and unable to do what I was trying to do regardless. IBL cell numbers to the rescue. Thanks for @BassNBrew, @Stinkin Ref and @Sweet Love for their assistance to keep the draft moving.

My starting three of LeVeon Bell, Joe Mixon and Julian Edelman gives me a confidence boost going forward.

Things I did not expect to see in the first three rounds of this draft:

• 4 Chiefs in the first 33 picks
  • Gurley falling all the way to 1.13
  • TE's going even faster in rounds 1-2 than they did in the PDSL with a flex
  • Both Falcons WR's already off the board
  • Mack falling to the same ADP as PDSL (RB19) when the draft was the biggest threat to his status
I left Jacobs off the list because I could see a case for him at the 2/3 turn yesterday, even if I personally might not have taken the risk on him at 3.03. After the news of Crow's Achilles tear this morning, Jacobs at 2.16 is a slam-dunk IMO.

Things I did not expect to see in the first three rounds of this draft:

• 4 Chiefs in the first 33 picks
  • Gurley falling all the way to 1.13
  • TE's going even faster in rounds 1-2 than they did in the PDSL with a flex
  • Both Falcons WR's already off the board
  • Mack falling to the same ADP as PDSL (RB19) when the draft was the biggest threat to his status
I left Jacobs off the list because I could see a case for him at the 2/3 turn yesterday, even if I personally might not have taken the risk on him at 3.03. After the news of Crow's Achilles tear this morning, Jacobs at 2.16 is a slam-dunk IMO.
We all knew Kelce was a first rounder and with @Stinkin Ref, there was no way Mahomes was getting past the second round. Which surprises you more, Williams at 31 or Watklns at 33?

Reviewing your ADP list Williams went at 4.3, 3.2 and 4.5, but some expected KC to take an RB early, so a little more than a round earlier than the other three drafts. Watkins went 5.12, 6.7 and 5.9, but the latest knowledge of Hill obviously led to that increase, drastic though it was.

We all knew Kelce was a first rounder and with @Stinkin Ref, there was no way Mahomes was getting past the second round. Which surprises you more, Williams at 31 or Watklns at 33?

Reviewing your ADP list Williams went at 4.3, 3.2 and 4.5, but some expected KC to take an RB early, so a little more than a round earlier than the other three drafts. Watkins went 5.12, 6.7 and 5.9, but the latest knowledge of Hill obviously led to that increase, drastic though it was.
yeah Mahomes would have gone at 2.15.....

as far as Williams a little earlier than normal....took a look at the RB's at that time....and Jacobs wasn't really on my radar, so there was KJ, Fournette, Cohen, Micahel, Mack, etc....Fournette is a move on to the next guy pick for me in these type leagues.....maybe in a normal redraft with trades and WW stuff he finds a way on to my roster, but not in these.....still not sure about KJ and they added Ware, etc....Cohen IMO was dealt a blow with the Davis signing and now also a rookie they traded up to get....I realize Cohen has a "role" but still he may be seeing less of the pie....kind of the same ting with NE adding Harris to an already crowded backfield for Michel....Williams dodged the most bullets in the draft and his finish to last year was an RB1 type stuff and I see no reason why it wouldn't continue and why he isn't the RB1 in KC....not saying he is Hunt, but they didn't really miss a beat....those passing on him seem to just be assuming he can't sustain it or are following the sheep with the "there is a reason he wasn't a starter before" stuff.....I think this offensive scheme is good for his skill set...

so Williams was the pick there even though I maybe could have gotten him at 3.02, but wasn't sure how Norsemen felt about him and what direction he would go....I also knew I would be able to get at least one of Diggs, Allen, or Green at 3.02.....

yeah Mahomes would have gone at 2.15.....

as far as Williams a little earlier than normal....took a look at the RB's at that time....and Jacobs wasn't really on my radar, so there was KJ, Fournette, Cohen, Micahel, Mack, etc....Fournette is a move on to the next guy pick for me in these type leagues.....maybe in a normal redraft with trades and WW stuff he finds a way on to my roster, but not in these.....still not sure about KJ and they added Ware, etc....Cohen IMO was dealt a blow with the Davis signing and now also a rookie they traded up to get....I realize Cohen has a "role" but still he may be seeing less of the pie....kind of the same ting with NE adding Harris to an already crowded backfield for Michel....Williams dodged the most bullets in the draft and his finish to last year was an RB1 type stuff and I see no reason why it wouldn't continue and why he isn't the RB1 in KC....not saying he is Hunt, but they didn't really miss a beat....those passing on him seem to just be assuming he can't sustain it or are following the sheep with the "there is a reason he wasn't a starter before" stuff.....I think this offensive scheme is good for his skill set...

so Williams was the pick there even though I maybe could have gotten him at 3.02, but wasn't sure how Norsemen felt about him and what direction he would go....I also knew I would be able to get at least one of Diggs, Allen, or Green at 3.02.....
Smart move.

Surprised you didn't get Mahommes at 1.2 to complete the sweep.

my first pick where I considered several alternatives

went with Lockett due to the following:

1. Career high 10 TDs a year ago
  2. This year likely no Baldwin
  3. A really good best ball player who has frequent long receptions
  4. His bye week was not in conflict with my current roster
  5. Hoping that one of the others considered might make it to my round 5 pick

RB: Chubb 7, Fournette 10

WR: Woods 9

TE: Kelce 12

Not entirely thrilled.  That's usually the outcome of starting TE.  Chubb is in that group of RBs that you don't know what you are getting.  Preferred Williams there but didn't want to start off the team with a doubled up late bye.  Not sure why I took Fournette, he'll spend half the season hurt.  In hindsight I should have taken Edelman.  Woods is just a boring safe pick with limited weekly upside.  Lockett was in my pre-draft here too.  

I’m not saying either of them were bad picks. But I was thinking Hill’s absence would lead folks to downgrade that entire offense - as Ref notes - and I’m not sure either Williams’ talent or Watkins’ health merits a bump big enough to offset that.

FWIW, between the two I go Williams. Watkins is basically a DND for me at his price until he proves he won’t break.

BassNBrew said:
RB: Chubb 7, Fournette 10

WR: Woods 9

TE: Kelce 12

Not entirely thrilled.  That's usually the outcome of starting TE.  Chubb is in that group of RBs that you don't know what you are getting.  Preferred Williams there but didn't want to start off the team with a doubled up late bye.  Not sure why I took Fournette, he'll spend half the season hurt.  In hindsight I should have taken Edelman.  Woods is just a boring safe pick with limited weekly upside.  Lockett was in my pre-draft here too.  
Fwiw, I would have taken Chubb if you hadn't. He could be really good this year. 

Kinda funny to see woods and kupp go back to back but they're pretty equal in my book. Kupp greater risk I guess with injury.

I don't think I've ever taken two backs in the first three rounds before, or it's been a while anyway. But I think KJ should be in for a very good sophomore season. Understood they signed Ware, he's not a threat. KJ has to stay healthy.

So far I'm liking the team enough. 

Henry, Derrick TEN RB 11

Johnson, Kerryon DET RB 5

Hopkins, DeAndre HOU WR 10

Kupp, Cooper LAR WR 9

Carson wentz

Melvin gordon. Kenyan drake

Brandin cooks. Amari cooper

Besides the drake pick im liking this start....however drake should be a generic nfl rb...

@BassNBrew @Stephen Holloway

My finger must have slipped or mfl is wonky. I meant to take someone else, just checked and saw that I got Ryan. 

I'd change the pick but bass already drafted (I didn't want arob)

Is it cool to change or am I stuck with Ryan? Not a huge deal if I'm stuck.

I had come back to the thread to mention how this means I'm admitting to being wrong about Mayfield last year. While it's a reach to call him this year's Mahomes, it does seem possible. The pieces are certainly in place. 

In all the years I have done these, this is the first time I have gone with a "balanced squad" - four picks in and I have a QB, RB, WR, and TE.  Pleased thus far, but I think I like the value I could of had with a RB pick instead of Luck where I took him.  Considering he was coming back from a year off, last year was amazing, and I would expect that to continue.  Kittle will rack up points, and Aaron Jones should take off with a new coach/system.  I always load up on WR and RB early, so it will be interesting to see what is left for me.

Does someone want to give me the bearish case on Russell Wilson? I thought he was great value at QB6, where he's gone in the three previous SLs, and was stunned to see him drop all the way to QB8.

Is it as simple as thinking last year's 427 PA is the new normal in Seattle?

Does someone want to give me the bearish case on Russell Wilson? I thought he was great value at QB6, where he's gone in the three previous SLs, and was stunned to see him drop all the way to QB8.

On a ppg basis he was 11th last year in this format.  You can drop down to QB20 and still be within 2 ppg (QB18 and .7 ppg).  I don't think it's a bearish case as much as chasing the next Mahoomes.  The guys selected in front of him have much more upside.  I can see why he's not as attractive in a bb format.

tried to tell you guys last year in IBL thread....lol

I think it would be fun to be able to make like one trade in these things.... like before the draft was over....each team gets one trade...

Thru 5......

1.02    Christian McCaffrey  CAR RB2   7
2.15    Damien Williams  KCC RB14   12

3.02    Stefon Diggs  MIN WR13    12
4.15    Mike Williams LAC WR24   12
5.02    Jarvis Landry,  CLE WR27  7

no rhyme or reason for CM over Zeke or any of the other guys really.....mostly the thought process was that division seems to have a lot of points scored and I like CM's attitude.... dude is a beast and seems to be getting better...plus he kind of lapped the RB field in receptions except for Barkley......Williams should be solid, will stumble into fantasy points in that offense....

Diggs was 7th in targets and 8th in receptions and TD's in first year with Cousins and they should improve....so he got the slight nod over Allen....and Greens injury lingering in my head....excited to see Williams make it back to 4.15 and I couldn't push the button fast enough....sensing even a little more of a mini breakout with him....hoping to have him on a ton of my rosters this year so I hope his price stays about where it is....Tyrell Williams and his targets/receptions are gone....Henry may steal some of those but I think Mike benefits as well...Landry should eat opposite OBJ and with Baker....targets and receptions may take a hit, but there should still be some quality work and meat left on the bone for him....I like him as a WR2 in real football and like him as my WR3 in fantasy quite a bit... :banned:

1/3 of the way through...

Brees/9

Gurley/9, Ingram/8

Golladay/5, CDavis/11

Ebron/6

Already commented on the Gurley pick. I waited years for Ebron to fulfill his potential, and he's found himself in the Colts offense. Love the Colts pass offense this year, and he's in the upper end of my Tier 1 guys, which put him ahead of the remaining Tier 1 WR in my rankings, given the format. Receptions and TD aplenty, IMHO. Loved Golladay at 3.13 as WR19. Had a real debate on my hands at 4.04. Very excited about Ingram's prospects this year as Raven's multi-dimensional workhorse. Drafting a playmaking WR in Round 1 solidified Ingram in my rankings. Increased the room Ingram will have to operate in, IMHO, but drafting a 2nd RB 3 picks in was going to leave me in a precarious position at WR. RB's were drafted ahead of Ingram that I had him well in front of, just like with Golladay, and I had a small bucket of WR to hope would fall back to me 24 picks later. That worked out pretty well until the 4/5 turn, when Ref took both Mike Williams and Jarvis Landry, my 2 top remaining guys, since with Gurley on the Roster, I had to bump down Woods and Kupp due to Bye Week mgmt. WR's were pretty much all the same guy, IMHO, when it got back to me, and it sure looked like a QB run had started, so the opportunity to grab Brees, despite the bye conflict w/ Gurley was too much temptation to resist. Saints - Ingram + Jared Cook = uptick for Brees, IMHO, and as much as I'd prefer to wait on QB, I couldn't take the chance of getting caught on the wrong end of a run in 6pt/TD. Although only Winston went between me and 6.04, I don't think Brees would have made it back to me, and again, I have him ahead of some QB's taken before him, so, as far as I'm concerned, I'm still scooping value. What a 2018 for Corey Davis. Considering no Delanie Walker and Rishy Matthews, and coverages he saw, he matured pretty well. Like the offseason additions, even at QB. Competition may make the position stronger, and added weapons should loosen coverage. Don't mind landing him as a WR2 at that point in the draft at all. I'm quite optimistic at this point in the Draft.

Not picking on anyone in particular...we all do it.

Owner XYZ...The Isotopes drafted a playmaker which should open up things for John Doe.

Owner XYZ...The Isotopes didn't draft a playmaker which should mean more touches for John Doe.
IT goes by several names, but generally leans toward pride. We take the optimistic viewpoint on most everything we do because we are by nature self protecting. Another word for this is perspective, which is mostly slanted heavily toward our being correct. Another possible new term for it may be Gettlemanization.

Honest non-protective perspective on Team Holloway

QB1 drafted as the seventh QB - Matt Ryan - Seven top ten QB seasons out of the past nine. Coming off second highest passing yardage season and career touchdown high. Drafted two offensive linemen in the first round and two OGs in free agency so OL will be new and could take time to mesh, but expectations are protection should be improved. Generally stood pat on key offensive players other than the loss of Tevin Coleman. Ryan's targets are solid and he should contend for top five QB. Of the four Footballguys. com projectors, Ryan stands at 3,4, 6 and 6. Being in the middle, you have to be a little more protective, particularly with QB runs. Might have selected my first earlier than planned, but felt like it had to be done.

RB1 drafted as the sixth RB - LeVeon Bell returns to the field with the Jets. Nobody knows how this will work after missing a complete season, but I am hoping that the original Bell returns to the field with fire in his belly to prove his prowess. Of course, he could be fat and happy with his new contract. Who knows? Dodds is the highest on Bell with over 1700 yards and 9 TDs. Staff rankings range from fifth to ninth. As a dynasty holder, I am hopeful of a complete return with a lot of receptions coming his way.

RB2 drafted as the tenth RB - Joe Mixon - Two staffers project him over 1600 yards and around 10 TDs with overall staff rankings between 7th and 15th. I expect a consistent opportunity and a lot of receptions, but lots of unknowns with the Bengals. Hopefully their offense will be improved with the new staff. I have not looked much at what they added in free agency or the draft.

WR1 drafted at WR17 - Julian Edelman seemed like a steal to me. He has averaged over six receptions per game played over the past two seasons and seems to me to be the far and away player set for most targets from Tom Brady in 2019. Even though Brady and New England may not be what they have always been, this guys seems to have opportunity to have the same or possibly even better production.

WR2 drafted at WR20 - Fully expect Seattle to be a running focused team in 2019, if their defense can keep them in games enough to allow that. I also acknowledge that Lockett has never gotten more than 71 targets in a season, but I do expect him to have more this year. If his targets do increase, he should set career highs in receptions and yardage and could threaten his career high of 10 touchdowns. A lot of rosy expectations seem to be flowing with this write-up, but he is one of those good best-ball guys who occasionally has the long touchdown receptions. I did not research this prior to drafting Lockett, but the three staffers that are highest on Locket, each at WR18 are Dodds, Henry and Tremblay. Solid folks to follow.

TE1 drafted as the eleventh tight end and considerably lower than the WSLs and PDSLs. Kyle Rudolph seems to be potentially on the outs in Minnesota. His release or trade might or might not happen, but even if released or traded, there are a few nice landing spots. Rudolph has finished at TE3, TE7 and TE9 in the past three seasons and even with the doubts surrounding his immediate future, he at TE10 or below by all four Football.com projectors. Hopeful that my perspective on Rudolph is concrete more than rosy.

I do like the fact that I have solid players at all four positions after the sixth round. It is a much better position for drafting value, which is even more critical in my opinion when you are situated in the middle of a draft with solid drafting opponents.

Not picking on anyone in particular...we all do it.

Owner XYZ...The Isotopes drafted a playmaker which should open up things for John Doe.

Owner XYZ...The Isotopes didn't draft a playmaker which should mean more touches for John Doe.
Chris Harris is the type of fantasy analyst I can't handle in large doses, but I'll give him this - he bangs on all the time about these being classic "crutch arguments" and he's exactly right. Another one I hear way too often is "somebody's got to catch the ball for [team]" as an excuse for drafting a JAG on a bad team, when every year there are always 3-4 pass offenses in the NFL that no sane person wants any piece of, period.

Well i needed a tight end at my first pick this turn....settled on trey burton....end of a tier for me....was hoping like hell that robby anderson would slide....but nope.....

So i settled for rivers as my qb2 with Carson wentz in tow already.....

Users who are viewing this thread