Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
kittenmittens

Alexander Mattison Vikings RB

LOL at rankings for Mattison.  Reason why people go elsewhere.

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

Alexander Mattison rushed 10 times for 26 yards in the Vikings' Week 6 loss to the Falcons.

Mattison only added one catch for four yards, too. The matchup was ideal on paper, but that quickly changed when Kirk Cousins threw three interceptions. Bad game script ruined Mattison's chances of providing RB1 value because Mike Boone and Ameer Abdullah rotated in on obvious passing downs. It was a total dud. Mattison won't have any standalone value for at least the next two weeks with the Vikings heading into their bye. Dalvin Cook is expected to be fully healthy for Week 8.

Oct 18, 2020, 4:08 PM ET

18 minutes ago, Bad_Mo said:

It sounds like you are having a bit of a rough first year of fantasy football. 

• Like 3
  • Laughing 2

25 minutes ago, Bad_Mo said:

I’m sure every site had Mattison a top RB this week.  

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Kevrunner said:

I’m sure every site had Mattison a top RB this week.  

Yeah, I’d be interested to know which sites didn’t have him highly ranked and their reasons for their ranking.

On 10/15/2020 at 4:32 PM, apalmer said:

I held him all year last year as Cook insurance, only to have him get injured right after Cook.

In a weird way, today makes me feel a little bit better about last year's Week 16 Boone debacle.

My opponent who is 5-0 and last in waiver order somehow got him this week. I was pissed, but it turned out great 😁

• Laughing 1

Seems to happen every single year. Stud RB goes down, backup gets great matchup, ranked top 10 everywhere, owners can barely wait to put him in the lineup, proceeds to do nothing. Game script or not, that was freakin pathetic. My opponent benched Ronald Jones for this chump.

• Like 1

A bit of a kick in the nuts for those of us non-Cook owners stashing him for just this opportunity.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, BigDave said:

My opponent who is 5-0 and last in waiver order somehow got him this week. I was pissed, but it turned out great 😁

I had waiver pick 2 this week, my 4-1 opponent had 3. I knew he needed a RB, but I hate to burn waiver picks on one week rentals, so I took Brandin Cooks instead (he got dropped last week).

That was the deciding swing in my favor. Even better, he sat Rojo to play Mattison.  🙂

• Laughing 1

1 hour ago, RushHour said:

A bit of a kick in the nuts for those of us non-Cook owners stashing him for just this opportunity.

A bit of a kick in the nuts for those of us Cook owners stashing him for just this opportunity.

34 minutes ago, bolldpt said:

A bit of a kick in the nuts for those of us Cook owners stashing him for just this opportunity.

we're all sore lol

Alexander Mattison ran 13 pass routes and saw two targets in the Vikings' Week 6 loss to the Falcons. 

Mattison caught his lone target for four yards. Ameer Abdullah ran 12 routes and saw one target, while Mike Boone ran three routes and got one target. Mattison's role in the Minnesota offense without Dalvin Cook was more game script sensitive than many had assumed. Facing a big deficit for most of the game, the Vikings gave Mattison a meager ten rushes. He once again becomes a bench stash in 12 and 14-team leagues with Cook expected to be ready to go coming off the team's Week 7 bye week. 

RELATED: 

Dalvin Cook

Oct 19, 2020, 10:06 AM ET

19 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Cousins destroyed his value this week. 

Ameer Abdullah.  Honestly, forgot that he was still in the league until yesterday.

5 minutes ago, Alex P Keaton said:

Ameer Abdullah.  Honestly, forgot that he was still in the league until yesterday.

Ha, I said the exact same thing to myself yesterday.

20 hours ago, johnnyboy8102 said:

Cousins destroyed his value this week. 

Do you think Cook would have had these numbers in the same situation?

1 hour ago, Rubi said:

Do you think Cook would have had these numbers in the same situation?

Cook would have stayed in more on third down and caught more passes as  a result. The problem isn't that Mattison didn't run a ton; the problem is that after the team fell behind and gave up on the run they substituted him for Abdullah and Boone.  It was the lost receptions that hurt the most and Cook would have had all of them.

• Like 3

Yeah I was hearing that Atlantas defense was particularly weak against RBs as receivers. Part of the reason why may be how often they blitz. 

The Vikings didn't really attack their defense like this until later in the game and they were using Abdullah and Boone more on the plays that they did.

Not sure why. Mattison can catch the ball and has done well on screens before. But that is what they did.

What this experience has reminded me of, is that its easier for a RB to come off the bench and have success when another RB has already been carving the defense up and wearing them down.

16 hours ago, az_prof said:

Cook would have stayed in more on third down and caught more passes as  a result. The problem isn't that Mattison didn't run a ton; the problem is that after the team fell behind and gave up on the run they substituted him for Abdullah and Boone.  It was the lost receptions that hurt the most and Cook would have had all of them.

I can agree with that,thanks