What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Get: Barkley Give: Gurley + Gordon? (1 Viewer)

LakeCowboy

Footballguy
I'm on the fence on this one.  Barkley is the best player in the deal and a big time future asset as well.  Its an auction keeper league where you can keep players for as long as you want as long as they stay within the total cap.  Barkley's price is equal to Todd Gurley + Melvin Gordon's price.  We have a 16 man roster, PPR scoring and start QB/RB/RB/WR/WR/TE/FLEX/K/DEF

My current keepers + lineup:

QB: Matt Ryan, Lamar Jackson

RB: Todd Gurley, Melvin Gordon, James Conner

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham JR, Juju Smith-Schuster

TE: OJ Howard, Jared Cook

K: Harrison Butker

Start: Ryan/Gurley/Gordon/Hopkins/OBJ/Howard/Juju/Butker/DEF

If I did a trade keepers + lineup:

QB: Matt Ryan, Lamar Jackson

RB: Saquon Barkley, James Conner

WR: DeAndre Hopkins, Odell Beckham JR, Juju Smith-Schuster

TE: OJ Howard, Jared Cook

K: Harrison Butker

Start: Ryan/Barkley/Conner/Hopkins/OBJ/Howard/Juju/Butker/DEF

The reasons for considering it are age, injury history/possibility, and the marginal scoring difference of my starting lineup.  New additions to the roster through trades for 2019 are OBJ, Gordon, Ryan, Lamar Jackson and Jared Cook.  I've won quite a bit of money in the league and would like to be as competitive as possible going forward to continue cashing in.

Thoughts?

@Gally what are your thoughts?  Premier 22 year old Dynasty Asset or two former elite 25 year olds w/ possible injury issues.  With no injuries I don't even consider moving Gordon/Gurley.

Do the salaries escalate or just stay what they are forever?  You are only listing 11 players.  Does that mean you have some backup RB's that aren't listed.  Making this trade leaves you very thin based on the roster you have listed.  You are also getting heavy ended on salary being that Barkley's salary equals the salary of Gordon & Gurley combined.  How much does that lack of flexibility down the road affect your roster?  That is really the question.  If you can absorb the cap hit increase it's probably a deal I would make. 

The salaries do not escalate, I'd have to draft 5 other positions (including DEF) w/ near minimum cost players however the types of players you can pick up in that range are pretty good w/ only 16 man rosters that include K/DEF and just about everyone carries an extra QB/TE.  We can also use additional cap funds to "buy players down" by prepaying 3 years advance funds, so in future years SQB's price could actually come down.  I'm having trouble valuing the #1 dynasty asset + thin at RB or 2 top 10 RBs + James Conner off the bench (starting if I do the deal).

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread