What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

MoCS's 1 favorite songs by 1000 different artists (BIG REVEAL - pg 1 - it's HAPPY BIRTHDAY!) (1 Viewer)

Okay...inspired by my buds, I'm gonna embark upon a novel concept here...a music thread.

Now, this isn't any ordinary music thread.

But, still, no spotlights.

It won't be a list either, as ordinal is kinda beyond me too.

The song: Happy Birthday to You

The melody of "HappyBirthday to You" comes from the song "Good Morning to All",[2] which has traditionally been attributed to American sisters Patty and Mildred J. Hill in 1893,[3][4] although the claim that the sisters composed the tune is disputed.[5]

Patty Hill was a kindergarten principal in Louisville, Kentucky, developing various teaching methods at what is now the Little Loomhouse;[6] her sister Mildred was a pianist and composer.[7] The sisters used "Good Morning to All" as a song that young children would find easy to sing.[8] The combination of melody and lyrics in "Happy Birthday to You" first appeared in print in 1912, and probably existed even earlier.[9]...
Further:

According to the 1998 Guinness World Records, it is the most recognized song in the English language,...

The reason:  

Seriously, not only does this song have its roots in my home town, and its the most known English song - but - it also happens to me my Pop's (GMoCS to k4) 84th birthday on Friday (Oaks Day here). Since I will be so busy Friday, I want to get this out to him now; before I go all loopy.

In order to avoid complaints, I'll list this one first:

Marilyn Monroe - Happy Birthday Mr. President

In order to please the high brow folk, I'll list this second:

(Trigger alert: 9+ minutes of Happy Birthday by a dead guy can be damage'n.)

Victor Borge - Happy Birthdays

In order to please my Pop:

TRADITIONAL HAPPY BIRTHDAY SONG

In order to please me:

Happy Birthday

In order to please Slappy:

Happy Birthday

In order to please you...

...ya got 995 more Happy Birthdays comin' up sooooon!

Happy Birthday Pop...😘

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread