What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Cameo (1 Viewer)

TheIronSheik

SUPER ELITE UPPER TIER
The app where you pay C and D list celebs to send a personalized video to someone.  I know it's so stupid, but I think as a joke, my wife would crack up at this.  We watch a LOT of stupid reality shows.  And by stupid, I mean spectacular.  Just wondering if anyone had tried this.  On one hand, I know paying these fools is encouraging it.  But on the other hand, my wife would crack up.  Laughing wife wins.

Just wonder if anyone else had heard any stories about this service.

The app where you pay C and D list celebs to send a personalized video to someone.  I know it's so stupid, but I think as a joke, my wife would crack up at this.  We watch a LOT of stupid reality shows.  And by stupid, I mean spectacular.  Just wondering if anyone had tried this.  On one hand, I know paying these fools is encouraging it.  But on the other hand, my wife would crack up.  Laughing wife wins.

No time to research, so perhaps you know... when you say "C and D list celebs", what do you mean?  Just reality show "stars"?  Can you give a handful of examples?

Tried it with - celebvm - but ben coates never sent a message

Howard Stern has been talking about it since a bunch of the wack pack have been making some good money with it.

My daughter and I are fanatics of The Office.  I had Meredith send her a Happy Birthday video a few months back.  She absolutely loved it.  And she tagged Meredith on her instagram saying how great it was and Meredith replied to it on her feed, which her friends all thought was really cool.  Great experience for us.  Quick and easy.

No time to research, so perhaps you know... when you say "C and D list celebs", what do you mean?  Just reality show "stars"?  Can you give a handful of examples?
There are a ton of people.  And the price ranges depending on who they are.  Apparently, they set their own price.  I didn't really look at who was on it too much other than some Bravo people I know my wife would think was funny.  

Just did a quick search on my phone.  There's actually some bigger names on there than I thought.  I didn't want to spend too much time on there because a lot of these "stars" use pictures where they're wearing as little as possible.  Sex sells, I guess.  The one I saw that made me laugh was Vince Neil for $300.  

There are a ton of people.  And the price ranges depending on who they are.  Apparently, they set their own price.  I didn't really look at who was on it too much other than some Bravo people I know my wife would think was funny.  
 If I can get one of the Real Housewives of NY to do it I may just need to splurge come November for my wife's b-day.  She would either love it or kick my ### for wasting the money.   :lol:

Yeah, I think it's a solid concept.   Can be a lot of fun and greatly appreciated by the younger crowd.  My friend sent a Deebo (from the movie Friday) Cameo to a friend who has not paid up on a bet.    https://www.cameo.com/deebo

If I can get one of the Real Housewives of NY to do it I may just need to splurge come November for my wife's b-day.  She would either love it or kick my ### for wasting the money.   :lol:
the couple that I have seen on random social media posts are the actress that played Princess Shireen (RIP) in Game of Thrones and Mattie from MTV The Challenge fame. 

They're on there.  I'm getting Teresa to do it.  I feel the same way about her reaction.  I think it'll be a combination of both loving it and thinking I wasted money.  :lol:

They're on there.  I'm getting Teresa to do it.  I feel the same way about her reaction.  I think it'll be a combination of both loving it and thinking I wasted money.  :lol:
OMG, hundred bucks for that one Duchess or Princess or whatever she is or claims to be.  I will be seriously tempted.

I have it bookmarked.  A few funny you tubers and stuff that I can see getting for a stupid gift.   The huge lifter guy with the bandana who makes angry videos is on there pretty cheap. My buddy sends them around all the time and he’s moving out of state, so I was thinking of getting him one as a stupid good bye video.  

Just did a quick search on my phone.  There's actually some bigger names on there than I thought.  I didn't want to spend too much time on there because a lot of these "stars" use pictures where they're wearing as little as possible.  Sex sells, I guess.  The one I saw that made me laugh was Vince Neil for $300.  
Why would you spend $300 on a single Vince Neil video, when you can send 20 videos to your (soon-to-be former) friends from Erik Turner, guitarist extraordinaire for Warrant, at $15 a pop?

All about value, IMO.

ETA: :headbang:

Last edited by a moderator:
some notable (not of interest to me, just names I know)

Parez Hilton ($30)
Michael Rapaport (150)
Andy D!ck ($100)
Gilbert Gottfried ($150)
One of the Pawn Star Guys ($65)
Flavor Flav ($250)
Kate Flanery (the office) ($145)
Tito Ortiz ($80)
Hal Sparks ($25)
Ernie Hudson (Ghostbusters) ($100)
Sean Austin ($200)
Corey Feldman (of course, the guy would eat poop for a dollar) ($200)
Teresa Giudice (Real housewife)  ($150)
Vicki Gunvalson (another Real Housewife) ($100)
Ozzie Guillen ($50)
J Love Hewitt (😍) ($150)
Randy Couture ($75)
Lance Bass ($200)
Brett Favre (just dont give him your GF's cell #) ($500)
Bret Hitman Hart ($150)
Bam Margera ($65)
Heidi Montag ($50)
Jamie Lynn Sigler ($125)
Gary Freakin Busey ($325)
The Dude who played young Hodor from GOT ($20)

a whole bunch of others.....Actors, Youtubers, musicians, reality stars, etc

I just have to say that Debbie Gibson goes all out in hers. Singing with a piano accompaniment. was well worth the 50 bucks. Then Howard said how she should charge more and a week later her price went up. 

My BIL got some wwe guy to do one for his brother. Shtick value is high. There is worse that you can waste your money on. 

Why would people with huge net worths bother with this.  I get $500 for a 5 second clip is good, but for someone like Brett Favre who is worth 50+ million it seems pointless.  

Why would people with huge net worths bother with this.  I get $500 for a 5 second clip is good, but for someone like Brett Favre who is worth 50+ million it seems pointless.  
Yeah, it's kind of crazy. I assume the folks on the other end of the net worth scale are mostly doing it for increased exposure. As a Bills fan, I noticed quite a few Bills players on there. And while I know that the guys at the bottom of the roster aren't making a ton of money, several of those guys are on there for like $5-15. That still doesn't seem like it could possibly be worth their time.

This seems like it's primed for some excellent schtick. I'm thinking of getting 4-5 messages from NFL players messing with my friends for use during our fantasy football draft.

Oh, and those models that I've never heard of before who are charging $500-1000 for a video, I'm going to assume that the only reason people would pay them that much for a video is for a very "private" video?

I took a deeper look last night and I have to apologize for saying C and D list actors.  There are actually some fairly big names on this site.  I was surprised.

Yeah, it's kind of crazy. I assume the folks on the other end of the net worth scale are mostly doing it for increased exposure. As a Bills fan, I noticed quite a few Bills players on there. And while I know that the guys at the bottom of the roster aren't making a ton of money, several of those guys are on there for like $5-15. That still doesn't seem like it could possibly be worth their time.

This seems like it's primed for some excellent schtick. I'm thinking of getting 4-5 messages from NFL players messing with my friends for use during our fantasy football draft.

Oh, and those models that I've never heard of before who are charging $500-1000 for a video, I'm going to assume that the only reason people would pay them that much for a video is for a very "private" video?
Most of the people have recent videos up letting you browse what you would get. Seems like most of the 'models' or 'eye candy' types do theirs without makeup and in sweat pants....ummmmm not to be shallow (well i guess I am) but the whole reason you are famous is that you get all painted up and put yourself out there playing on men's fantasy.

Why would I pay for a video that looks like my wife could have made it rolling out of bed this morning??? 

So I did it.  And as soon as I hit "Submit", I felt instant embarrassment and regret.  Not too out of the unusual when I pay for anything over $25, but this seemed different.  Eventually it passed.  Then, Saturday night around 11pm, I got an email saying the recording was done and I could view it.  Again, the embarrassment came back.  I was almost afraid to click the link and watch it.  I was terrified it would be stupid and I would have just flushed money down the toilet.  After a couple minutes debating whether to wait until the morning to watch it or just watch it then, I clicked on the link.

It actually turned out great.  I was smiling and cracking up to myself thinking about how my wife was going to react.  I'm pretty sure she's going to laugh her butt off.  And think it's ridiculously stupid.  But I think she'll appreciate the funniness of it.  Our anniversary is next Monday so I'll be showing it to her then.  Honestly, I want to show it to her sooner, but just for my sake.  I feel like I have this awesome secret and just want to show someone.  Usually I would show my daughter, but she's a huge RHONJ fan, too, so I had Teresa mention her as well.  Kind of "two birds with one stone" type thing.  

I'm like giddy with anticipation.  :lol:

Same reason they would do Copper Fit commercials. They've been in the limelight for years and some can't let it go. 

Cjw_55106 said:
Same reason they would do Copper Fit commercials. They've been in the limelight for years and some can't let it go. 
I love the Copper Fit ads.

I love this idea. This all rules. Celebrity culture can be fun if they play along with its awfulness and greatness.  "Hey, Guy, you're on my television every day."

Oak Tree was cooler than Word Up, though Word Up was in a Cherry Coke commercial, which is something I can get behind. 

I love the Copper Fit ads.

I love this idea. This all rules. Celebrity culture can be fun if they play along with its awfulness and greatness.  "Hey, Guy, you're on my television every day."
I dont have an issue with it. He asked why they would even bother doing it. I offered my best guess. 

I dont have an issue with it. He asked why they would even bother doing it. I offered my best guess. 
Oh yeah, I wasn't implying that you had a problem with it. I was just riffing off of your comment and spurring conversation. I'm always surprised why celebrities do this, too. Maybe it's just PR or to get out there...

Used Cameo to get Murr, from Impractical Jokers, to help with my annual April Fool's Day prank on my wife. Well worth the $75 bucks. Probably will use it for a birthday shout-out for one of my kids, from a YouTuber they watch. 

I might be willing to pay $150 to have Gilbert Godfried send a happy birthday greeting to myself.

TheIronSheik said:
So I did it.  And as soon as I hit "Submit", I felt instant embarrassment and regret.  Not too out of the unusual when I pay for anything over $25, but this seemed different.  Eventually it passed.  Then, Saturday night around 11pm, I got an email saying the recording was done and I could view it.  Again, the embarrassment came back.  I was almost afraid to click the link and watch it.  I was terrified it would be stupid and I would have just flushed money down the toilet.  After a couple minutes debating whether to wait until the morning to watch it or just watch it then, I clicked on the link.

It actually turned out great.  I was smiling and cracking up to myself thinking about how my wife was going to react.  I'm pretty sure she's going to laugh her butt off.  And think it's ridiculously stupid.  But I think she'll appreciate the funniness of it.  Our anniversary is next Monday so I'll be showing it to her then.  Honestly, I want to show it to her sooner, but just for my sake.  I feel like I have this awesome secret and just want to show someone.  Usually I would show my daughter, but she's a huge RHONJ fan, too, so I had Teresa mention her as well.  Kind of "two birds with one stone" type thing.  

I'm like giddy with anticipation.  :lol:
I'm really sad Ben Coates didn't record mine.

They had something like 30 days to do it.  So I submitted early.   Backstory - way back in the day in my ffl, coates was having a down year. I traded peanuts for him.  Playoffs or SB - he goes off and beats the guy that traded with me...

I was going to play the message during our draft :kicksrock:

I sent my wife the link this weekend while we're sitting in the living room.  I couldn't wait to see her face.  I watched her open it, then with a confused look, she said, "Why are you sending me a video of Teresa talking in her car?"  She talked over the entire thing.  :lol:   So I had to tell her to listen to what she said.  So she opened it back up and played it again.  Immediately, she smiled and then started cracking up.  She thought it was the funniest thing.  She both loved it, thought it was stupid and couldn't stop laughing about it.  But the best part was when we showed it to my daughter.  She thought it was cool, but turned bright red and had a smile from ear to ear when she heard Teresa say her name.  

Honestly, after it was all said and done, it might have been the greatest $150 I've ever spent in my life.

Users who are viewing this thread