What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Wife Attacking You Poll (1 Viewer)

How many times has your wife actually physically attacked you?

• Never

Votes: 109 71.2%
  • 1-5

Votes: 33 21.6%
  • 6-10

Votes: 3 2.0%
  • 11-20

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 21-50

Votes: 1 0.7%
  • 51+

Votes: 7 4.6%

• Total voters

Gary Coal Man

Footballguy
Consider the following before answering the questions:

Question 1: How many times do you think you've made your wife angry enough that she considered physically attacking you?

- Your wife does not have to actually attack you, she just thought about attacking you.

- She didn't have to give it deep, serious consideration.  Just a fleeting thought of attacking you during an argument is enough.

Question 2:  How many times has your wife actually physically attacked you?

- "attack" includes anything from girly kicks and punches to being shivved with a weapon.

- "attack" also includes her throwing objects at you in anger whether or not the object connect.  For example, I once had an ex throw a full plate of spaghetti with sauce at my head.  I ducked, the plate hit the wall, and spaghetti and sauce streaked down the wall.  That counts.

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a reason my late spouse was called Scary Mary. I've recounted in these pages my 6'1 135lb mud-rasslin' sweetie beating up an avg size man in a club for casting aspersions upon Patsy Cline. She had an Irish temper and German patience and it did indeed take her a while to learn not to mess - never raised a hand, but i'm a big guy (thin then but bigger'n Vince Wilfork now) with a talent for pinning people to the wall with a digit under each mandible - but i believe her last several attacks were done in order to feel small. She got her revenge by giving me three shriners in bed. She was a floppy sleeper, but i'm pretty sure at least one was intentional.

I used to be kind of mean and sarcastic when I got into arguments, so I'm sure there have been plenty of times. She's only taken action when she's gotten completely wasted though, usually over something she imagined I did rather than something I actually did. From this description, you'd probably find it hard to believe we celebrated our 30th anniversary last month.

There's a reason my late spouse was called Scary Mary. I've recounted in these pages my 6'1 135lb mud-rasslin' sweetie beating up an avg size man in a club for casting aspersions upon Patsy Cline. She had an Irish temper and German patience and it did indeed take her a while to learn not to mess - never raised a hand, but i'm a big guy (thin then but bigger'n Vince Wilfork now) with a talent for pinning people to the wall with a digit under each mandible - but i believe her last several attacks were done in order to feel small. She got her revenge by giving me three shriners in bed. She was a floppy sleeper, but i'm pretty sure at least one was intentional.
6'1", damn!  With that reach she could probably throw jabs and make it difficult for a small guy to get in there to do the wrap-up bear hug to end the onslaught.

I used to be kind of mean and sarcastic when I got into arguments, so I'm sure there have been plenty of times. She's only taken action when she's gotten completely wasted though, usually over something she imagined I did rather than something I actually did. From this description, you'd probably find it hard to believe we celebrated our 30th anniversary last month.
Congrats on the anniversary!  But, no, I'm not surprised that you've made it 30 years.  Any relationship where people care that deeply for each other is bound to have a few flare-ups.

6'1", damn!  With that reach she could probably throw jabs and make it difficult for a small guy to get in there to do the wrap-up bear hug to end the onslaught.
She was pure straight with punches, had less qualms about facial contact than most men and was a bodybuilder before women did that (she woulda competed but could not add tissue to her bony tuches). I was proud of her. When she needed a cleansing episode, she used to go the lounge of Reno's fanciest restaurant (with an all-Sinatra jukebox) and have men buy her martoonies til she found just the right jerkwad to splash a drink at. She'd have me meet her sometimes, and her push off a squishy lapel and following staredown was a Roman moment to her. I miss her so, but wouldnt within half a day, know'm'sayin?

Wife #2 only attacked me once, if I don't count the time she hurled an ashtray at me.  I don't recall all the details, but it ended with me on her in a full mount with her wrists pinned to the ground - with a cigarette dangling from my mouth the whole time.
Oh, no, objects being thrown at you in anger with an intent to connect counts.  I'm going to add that to the OP.

Backinaday, there was a diner/waffle house just before Texas 287 hooked up to the I-40 where the husband and wife who owned it fought so often and audaciously that it became a greater attraction than the food. I seen skillets, chef knives, 8-slot toasters fly thru the air there. Sumn else.

51+/51+

I like to tease my wife a lot and vice versa, and it's all in fun. But I'm sure she'd like to strangle me daily.

She also likes to flick my ear or poke my ribs when I'm in the middle of something and can't fight back (like cooking, driving or playing video games). I'll finish my task then wait til she's unaware, then dragonpunch her boobs.

The 18 guys who think that their wife has never even entertained the thought of attacking them are either married to nuns or horribly naive.

I get women are different and do try my best to anticipate what a reaction will be like, so I never have any problems with them.  Couldn't handle living a hassle so I don't.

I watched how many dad handled my mom, it was listen and nod, make sure her needs are meant and get she is far more sensitive about everything than we are.  I never saw them fight.

The 18 guys who think that their wife has never even entertained the thought of attacking them are either married to nuns or horribly naive.
bull#### ...my wife and I have certainly gotten into some heated arguments - always liquor-fueled.  

Never ...once, did either one of us strike each other.  

bull#### ...my wife and I have certainly gotten into some heated arguments - always liquor-fueled.  

Never ...once, did either one of us strike each other.  
I believe you, but that's not what I said.  

You attacked that strawman like your wife has likely thought about attacking you.

Probably cause I'm so laid back and nothing bothers me but I've never had my wive want to hit me or have been physically attacked by her.  Also goes for girlfriends. Although a couple girlfriends probably wanted to hit me.

My wife is pretty passive, but once after being a complete jerk to her for a while, she threw a glass of water at me.  OK, it wasn't a glass, it was one of those kids cups you get at a restaurant we'd take home,  And it was only half full.  And she missed, but that's all I have.

Yep, that counts.

Did you deserve it?
Absolutely not.. (that time)....

I had broken up with her and was at a bonfire party a week later.. I broke up with her to try and work things out with my ex but a guy that was into her, made up a 

story about me being at the dance club dancing and kissing a girl (blatant lie).  She walked up, didn't say a work and "BAM!" punched me right in the mouth.. I didn't 

deserve it for what she hit me for, but probably deserved it for other things, so I took it and didn't complain too much...

Absolutely not.. (that time)....

I had broken up with her and was at a bonfire party a week later.. I broke up with her to try and work things out with my ex but a guy that was into her, made up a 

story about me being at the dance club dancing and kissing a girl (blatant lie).  She walked up, didn't say a work and "BAM!" punched me right in the mouth.. I didn't 

deserve it for what she hit me for, but probably deserved it for other things, so I took it and didn't complain too much...
That'll be a good story to tell the grandkids.

I say something to get a punch in the arm AT LEAST once a week.  My wife is pretty fit and can actually pack quite a punch.  Although, when she pulls my chest hair it's 10x worse than any punch.

I say something to get a punch in the arm AT LEAST once a week.  My wife is pretty fit and can actually pack quite a punch.  Although, when she pulls my chest hair it's 10x worse than any punch.
I respect that your chest hair is long enough to pull.  I proudly flaunt my Austin Powers-like chest hair.

wikkidpissah said:
Wow, I'm still trying to figure out how she was marriage material.

Wow, I'm still trying to figure out how she was marriage material.
She wasn't - i honored her desire to be married to me when she was dying. We were together for 12 yrs, broke up 40 times in that era but we had ruined each other for anyone else (i still am), and always ended up back together.

Years ago my buddy always threw a Championship Sunday football party at his house.   Lots of drinking and nonsense going on.  After the second game ended we were all still drinking and his wife yells downstairs.   "Hey Joe..end the party..time for everyone to go" Of course he tells everyone to disregard her.  So she yells down again.."end the party the kids are in bed"  Again he disregards her.   The third time as he was pouring a beer form the keg she storms downstairs and hits him with a roundhouse punch from behind right in the temple.  Now this guy is 6-3 and about 230 and she knocked him right into the keg and down on the floor.  As he was laying there she screams "Party is over!!"

He gets up a little dazed and says "I am sorry you guys had to witness that"

Gotta admit, this is a fascinating thread.  Guiltily entertained by the stories.  Wife has a temper so I'm sure she's wanted to wallop me during a more heated argument.  She laid hands on me only once and apologized profusely afterward.  Wasn't even that big a deal...a chest/neck/chin hard shove during a mutual yell-fest early on in our marriage.

Users who are viewing this thread