What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

PSA for TrumpGuys: How to avoid suspension in the PSF (1 Viewer)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bozeman Bruiser

Footballguy
I thought it would be beneficial for all of us to know what we are allowed and not allowed to post here if we want to avoid being suspended. 

The impetus for this thread is my recent suspension for using the phrase "TDS" (Trump Derangement Syndrome). Apparently that has been added to the naughty list, however I was unaware at the time of my post.

If I had known we were not allowed to use that term I would have refrained. Life moves pretty fast here in the PSF, as do the reasons for suspensions.

If you are suspended for posting something that has been perfectly acceptable in the past but is no longer kosher please list the reason in this thread so we can all conform to most up to date standards.

Speaking of "_____ Derangement Syndrome", maybe Clayton (who suspended me:

Warning issued by Clayton Gray

April 16
Penalty

Given 0 points which will never expire.
    Restricted from posting - 2 days and 4 hours
    Banned - 2 days and 4 hours

Note for member

TDS at its finest.

The board has been repeatedly warned not to use TDS.
), or one of the other moderators/owners could explain why TDS is now reason for suspension when in the past using the phrase "Obama Derangement Syndrome" was perfectly fine.

Examples from some of our PSF regulars using ODS:

Dinsey Ejotuz

Slapdash

Big Steel Thrill

Big Steel Thrill

Big Steel Thrill (apparently he loves the term Obama Derangement Syndrome)

squistion

Tobias Funke

Ramsey Hunt Experience

Big Steel Thrill (yet again)

Hopefully this thread can be productive for the TrumpGuys so we can avoid unnecessary suspensions.

There was a formatting error in the OP, the quoted portion should have ended at the closed parentheses )

Everything after the ) is my words, not Clayton's.

Publicly ratting out other posters is pretty much the scummiest thing that a user can do on these forums.

If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's that no good deed goes unpunished. The moderators have repeatedly shown special treatment to certain posters by handling them with kid gloves, and those posters turn right around and bite the hand that pets them.

Things change and I am fine with that.   Keep in mind that the moderators have said repeatedly that they don't have the time to read everything and the majority of times posters are banned because they were reported by other posters.

I thought it would be beneficial for all of us to know what we are allowed and not allowed to post here if we want to avoid being suspended. 

The impetus for this thread is my recent suspension for using the phrase "TDS" (Trump Derangement Syndrome). Apparently that has been added to the naughty list, however I was unaware at the time of my post.

If I had known we were not allowed to use that term I would have refrained. Life moves pretty fast here in the PSF, as do the reasons for suspensions.

If you are suspended for posting something that has been perfectly acceptable in the past but is no longer kosher please list the reason in this thread so we can all conform to most up to date standards.

There have been many warnings about calling people deranged...and your examples went back how far and you are complaining? The first one was 2014... :lmao:

Last edited by a moderator:
It's true that posting standards evolve.

The last couple of things I can recall are we are asking posters not to use "TDS" or "Derangement Syndrome" or just generally not mock others as "crazy" or "deranged" when they don't think the same way they do. Obviously lots of people did that in the past. We're asking them not to do that now. 

Another newer change is we're asking posters not to call anyone (not just posters here) "morons" or "pos" or the like. 

Basically, Be Excellent To Each Other. And even those not here. 

It's not that difficult. 

Thanks.

Publicly ratting out other posters is pretty much the scummiest thing that a user can do on these forums.

If there's a lesson to be learned here, it's that no good deed goes unpunished. The moderators have repeatedly shown special treatment to certain posters by handling them with kid gloves, and those posters turn right around and bite the hand that pets them.
:lmao: . To be clear, aren't you publicly ratting out the OP here?  

I do agree however that the Mods have shown special treatment to folks on your side like Slapdash and Big Steel Thrill who love to troll.

You seem to be having trouble with the idea of context.  Here's what I said:

"My favorite take on the "Trump Derangement Syndrome" nonsense is this one from Conor Friedersdorf, who correctly points out that people are using it as a way to dodge the real and serious problems with the Trump administration. I won't name names but there's plenty of posters here who do it. The article highlights the important differences between the way the right embraced what we can call Obama Derangement Syndrome or even Hillary Derangement Syndrome and the way the left has mostly kept that stuff on the fringes."

Do you understand the difference between what I wrote here- an abstract comparison taken from a post in which I was actually being critical of anti-Trump people who got carried away and were too eager to embrace Louise Mensch types - and saying to another poster "you have ____ Derangement Syndrome"?

If it was up to me it would all be fine, it's pretty mild stuff. But don't rope me in to this and pretend you're being treated unfairly as compared to me while you totally ignore what I actually said.

Last edited by a moderator:
If it was up to me it would all be fine, it's pretty mild stuff. But don't rope me in to this and pretend you're being treated unfairly as compared to me while you totally ignore what I actually said.
Someone could probably fill a book up with posts of yours that call politicians things that Joe has ask us not to do.   

I thought this thread had been locked.  I feel like I have a ringside seat. 

This I suspect almost to levels of certainty where I am tempted to say "this I Know".  President Trump, were he a poster here, would have extreme difficulty not getting a time out within a week. 

I thought this thread had been locked.  I feel like I have a ringside seat. 

This I suspect almost to levels of certainty where I am tempted to say "this I Know".  President Trump, were he a poster here, would have extreme difficulty not getting a time out within a week. 
About the same odds as he'd have of getting through 5 minutes under oath without perjuring himself.

JuniorNB said:
Oh goodie.  Another thread where members are whining about being treated unfairly.   I've been suspended about ten times in the past year. The last one was for saying MAGA hats are looked at like swastikas by a lot of people.  And that was 30 days!!  So spare me the whining, OP
Why is this garbage allowed to be posted here?  Looks like 30 days and you didn't learn your lesson.  1 year?

Apparently the PSA that some TrumpGuys actually need is this:

context [ kon-tekst ]

noun

the parts of a written or spoken statement that precede or follow a specific word or passage, usually influencing its meaning or effect.

You seem to be having trouble with the idea of context.  Here's what I said:
He missed context with what I said too.  A Trump supporter started a thread about a librarian who refused a donation of Dr. Seuss books from Melania and jon_mx labeled that a case of TDS. I responded to jon's post, noting that people were acting just as silly or irrationally when Obama was in office, hence ODS, but threads were not started for each and  every incidence that occurred. I didn't label any poster or accuse anyone here of having ODS.

He missed context with what I said too.  A Trump supporter started a thread about a librarian who refused a donation of Dr. Seuss books from Melania and jon_mx labeled that a case of TDS. I responded to jon's post, noting that people were acting just as silly or irrationally when Obama was in office, hence ODS, but threads were not started for each and  every incidence that occurred. I didn't label any poster or accuse anyone here of having ODS.
LOL trying to compare the level of silliness between Trump and Obama supporters. Not even close. Please share a link of mass screaming when BHO was inaugurated. 

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users who are viewing this thread