Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Diontae Johnson, Steelers

3 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

I was one of the first to share in this thread about how Dionte was blowing up in camp during his rookie season and how I invested in Claypool.  

Riddle me this Batman, how did Dionte have a promising year without Ben at QB while Juju didn't?

Only haters say anything negative about the Steelers?  Lol.

So Ed Bouche hates the Steelers?

D I O N T A E - perhaps when you all are done with the circling pseudo analysis you could take the time to learn how to spell his name. This thread is the most half assed hack thing I’ve seen in the SP in some time. Suggesting a player has upside is one thing, dismissing a guy who has already accomplished something most players could barely dream of is quite the other.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Iceman03 said:

D I O N T A E - perhaps when you all are done with the circling pseudo analysis you could take the time to learn how to spell his name. This thread is the most half assed hack thing I’ve seen in the SP in some time. Suggesting a player has upside is one thing, dismissing a guy who has already accomplished something most players could barely dream of is quite the other.

That's a little over the top but 🙂 

Just now, Iceman03 said:

Great fantasy analysis on the spelling, feh.  Are you one of the Juju investors that burned last year because you thought one good year is a good fantasy investment?

Josh Gordon, Braylon Edwards, Brandon Lloyd, Drew Bennett, Michael Clayton, etc, et el...  

Juju wasn't good and Diontae was because one is better than the other and I'll take a flyer on Claypool long-term because I don't like Juju.  

10 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Diontae>>>JuJu

Maybe, maybe not.  Just because you say it don’t make it so.  Juju is the more proven WR and he is young.  That’s not guessing.

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Milkman said:

That's a little over the top but 🙂 

No...it isn’t.

6 minutes ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Great fantasy analysis on the spelling, feh.  Are you one of the Juju investors that burned last year because you thought one good year is a good fantasy investment?

Josh Gordon, Braylon Edwards, Brandon Lloyd, Drew Bennett, Michael Clayton, etc, et el...  

Juju wasn't good and Diontae was because one is better than the other and I'll take a flyer on Claypool long-term because I don't like Juju.  

It’s not etc, etc... congrats you picked the outliers. Ohhhh all hail the guy that was able to pick out the outliers. Yesssss great oracle, tell us who is the next greatest of great fantasy players.

Base 11 set. Okay. What about reports of Ebron acting as a fourth or fifth receiver in the offense. Could we not see more 12 sets with Vance?

That said, even base eleven leaves three WR spots on the field. JuJu, Diontae, James Washington, or Chase Claypool. Who is the odd man out?

I don't know. The Steelers have an embarrassment of riches at WR. Care to help out the Jets any? We'll take any of your four guys for a second rounder. At least I would.

• Laughing 1

I’m not sure what the beef is between posters here. But you essentially have Juju going back to the slot. You have Johnson as near tops in separation finally getting to play with Ben. You have Claypool who is a size speed nightmare. You have a decent Enron at TE. Great pass catching back and solid runner when healthy. 

Bens arm may be the only think limiting this offense. Burg fans must be licking their chops as their d is considered excellent as well.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Blackbear said:

I’m not sure what the beef is between posters here. But you essentially have Juju going back to the slot. You have Johnson as near tops in separation finally getting to play with Ben. You have Claypool who is a size speed nightmare. You have a decent Enron at TE. Great pass catching back and solid runner when healthy. 

Bens arm may be the only think limiting this offense. Burg fans must be licking their chops as their d is considered excellent as well.

Exactly. Except Enron was a disaster for the whole country, Ebron just one in Detroit. 

Edited by rockaction
  • Like 4
  • Laughing 5
  • Thinking 1

27 minutes ago, Blackbear said:

mainly like and agree, though as many other's have said, i don't think the rookie Claypool will contribute a lot early.

but i'm really here to say, Burgh fans.

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

No...it isn’t.

We found JohnnyU's other account. 

1 hour ago, JohnnyU said:

Maybe, maybe not.  Just because you say it don’t make it so.  Juju is the more proven WR and he is young.  That’s not guessing.

Glad to see you coming around on Diontae. 

2 hours ago, Milkman said:

Diontae>>>JuJu

You predicted a top 10 WR season for Juju.  So that means you are saying DJ will be a top 9 WR year?

2 hours ago, rockaction said:

Base 11 set. Okay. What about reports of Ebron acting as a fourth or fifth receiver in the offense. Could we not see more 12 sets with Vance?

That said, even base eleven leaves three WR spots on the field. JuJu, Diontae, James Washington, or Chase Claypool. Who is the odd man out?

I don't know. The Steelers have an embarrassment of riches at WR. Care to help out the Jets any? We'll take any of your four guys for a second rounder. At least I would.

Opening with a second. Good way start a conversation. 

Base 11 would be the most common personnel group.  To your point, base 12 will be used more to create mismatches. I’m hopeful they mix up the WR to change the dynamic.  Ben is good at reading the D and even make a hot pass on a designed run.  Don’t know that Ebron and McDonald would hold up if this was the primary formation. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Grid71 said:

Opening with a second. Good way start a conversation. 

Base 11 would be the most common personnel group.  To your point, base 12 will be used more to create mismatches. I’m hopeful they mix up the WR to change the dynamic.  Ben is good at reading the D and even make a hot pass on a designed run.  Don’t know that Ebron and McDonald would hold up if this was the primary formation. 

Nice work, all of it. But no higher than a second. Will not trade a first. Too much cost control involved in that. Your pick of receivers. We'll take him.

2 hours ago, Milkman said:

We found JohnnyU's other account. 

Where are the moderators when you need them?  Sit on it Ralph.

Can we all at least agree along with the Bucs and Cowgirls that the Steelers have the best WR talent in the league? 

36 minutes ago, ffmail4me said:

Can we all at least agree along with the Bucs and Cowgirls that the Steelers have the best WR talent in the league? 

I saw "Cowgirls" and the word "talent" and thought you were going "cheerleader" and "talent" and I was about to applaud you and ask for links. Instead, I boo in your general direction.

Edited by rockaction
  • Laughing 2

9 minutes ago, rockaction said:

I saw "Cowgirls" and the word "talent" and thought you were going "cheerleader" and "talent" and I was about to applaud you and ask for links. Instead, I boo in your general direction.

Redskins fan since 70s...just can't help myself. Sorry friend but also not sorry ;) 

24 minutes ago, rockaction said:

Boooo-urns

• Like 3
  • Laughing 1

8 hours ago, Bracie Smathers said:

Dionte at 5'10 and 180 isn't an ideal goal line option.

At the goal line Ben is gonna be looking for Ebron aaaallll day.

1 hour ago, Il Lupo said:

And then what on 2nd and goal?

• Like 2
  • Laughing 7

1 hour ago, Il Lupo said:

And after he drops it?

• Like 1
  • Laughing 1

2 hours ago, KChusker said:

And after he drops it?

Funny story his drop percentage has improved almost every season in the league. So have his targets. Losing Luck along with his injury issue last year made a big difference. But otherwise his entire career has had an upward trajectory. 

Just realized I'm in the Diontae thread. I do that a lot. Defenses are going to have a really hard time against these guys.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Iceman03 said:

Don't know if anyone is really saying Juju sucks just that some people think that DeeOnTeh is better at football. Is it such a hot take if I said I think CeeDee Lamb is better than Cooper even though Cooper has multiple 1,000+yd seasons?

2 hours ago, Buck Bradcanon said:

In as my WR3.  LFG.  :football:

In as my WR3 as well.  We drafted similarly.   

• Love 1

1 minute ago, DocHolliday said:

In as my WR3 as well.  We drafted similarly.   

:thumbup:

I am not crazy about my WR2 (Cooks) so hoping for a lot from Diontae.

2 minutes ago, Buck Bradcanon said:

:thumbup:

I am not crazy about my WR2 (Cooks) so hoping for a lot from Diontae.

As pointed out in this thread, Pittsburgh has a lot of options for Ben.    Juju is a good WR and isn’t going anywhere.    Johnson could be second fiddle all season and put up solid WR2 numbers.  Going to be fun to watch that O.  

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Aznflyer14 said:

Man, I have been quietly hyping this guy for so long especially with return of Roethlisberger.  I'm very eager to see how Diontae Johnson does with competent QB after putting decent production with subpar QBs last year. 

There is reason to be optimistic, along with the other Steeler WRs.

Ben quote on Johnson:  “I got to watch him last year and what an incredible talent,” Roethlisberger said. “It has been a lot of fun to actually get more reps with him and more plays. I’m looking forward to getting out in an actual game feel with him because I think sky is the limit in terms of talent with that guy. He is fast, he’s quick, he can get open, he’s got great hands. He’s one of those receivers you look forward to playing with.”

• Like 1
  • Love 1

Steelers WR Diontae Johnson

did not practice Thursday according to the team’s official injury report. (Ray Fittipaldo on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact:

Just like that, Johnson pops up on the injury report with a DNP on Thursday. This doesn’t look good for his chances of playing Week 1, as he wasn’t even able to log a limited practice session. He’ll have to practice in some form on Friday if he wants to have a chance of suiting up Week 1 against the Giants. Luckily, they play Monday night, so Johnson will have an extra day to heal.

Just now, Dark Matter said:

🙂

Reported. 

Just kidding. Laugh away. Lol

Just now, Milkman said:

Reported. 

Just kidding. Laugh away. Lol

this is weird.....first I said #### but the language filter, then I try to type poop and it changes the emoji to a smiley face. Anyhooo....I ain't laughing as it seems all my WR's AJ Brown, Golladay and now Diontae have popped up on injury report. Fantasy Football is back in all it's glory 🤣

• Like 2

21 minutes ago, JoeSteeler said:

Steelers WR Diontae Johnson

did not practice Thursday according to the team’s official injury report. (Ray Fittipaldo on Twitter)

Fantasy Impact:

Just like that, Johnson pops up on the injury report with a DNP on Thursday. This doesn’t look good for his chances of playing Week 1, as he wasn’t even able to log a limited practice session. He’ll have to practice in some form on Friday if he wants to have a chance of suiting up Week 1 against the Giants. Luckily, they play Monday night, so Johnson will have an extra day to heal.

Misses the mark some (the blurb not the poster). With a Monday game he will get a shot to practice Saturday. Friday not the key day.

Just now, Cobbler1 said:

Misses the mark some (the blurb not the poster). With a Monday game he will get a shot to practice Saturday. Friday not the key day.

Foot is scary. Could be a lot of things some real bad. 

Edited by Milkman

Just now, Milkman said:

Foot is scary. Could be a lot of things some real bad. 

Don’t like it for sure. 

6 minutes ago, Man In The Box said:

Are we firing up our James Washingtons again?

NEWSFLASH:  Someone dropped him in one of my leagues this week and I picked up for $10 BB bid.  Now back to your regularly scheduled program Leverne and Shirley.

• Laughing 3

1 minute ago, Milkman said:

Nope Claypool now. Srry bud. Unlucky. 

Johnson could be OK. :unsure: