Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Diontae Johnson, Steelers

Recommended Posts

1 hour ago, DocHolliday said:

In small leagues, is he droppable if not playing next week?   Can’t imagine anyone wants him in a trade in redraft.   

That would have to be a really small league. Still a lot of reason to think Johnson is the Steelers #1 WR. 

I think he's arguably the best buy-low in redraft right now, at least among non-elite guys.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, travdogg said:

 Still a lot of reason to think Johnson is the Steelers #1 WR. 

Really? Not sure how you can say this.  I get having patience.  I still have faith he can produce,  but this is just wishful thinking. 

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Jail said:

Really? Not sure how you can say this.  I get having patience.  I still have faith he can produce,  but this is just wishful thinking. 

He still leads the team in targets despite basically missing 2 games, he's their best route runner, and best RAC WR. 

If I were ranking it as everyone is healthy, its Johnson>JuJu>Claypool, and if Claypool stays hot, I think its at JuJu's expense, not Johnson's. 

I feel like we've been through this already with the Steelers with Conner, when people were ready to write him off after week 1, when he underachieved and got hurt, and Snell looked good in his absence. Johnson feels like a potential stud WR(especially in PPR) in the 2nd half of the season. 

I'm not saying Johnson will 100% be the #1, but there is no reason to think he won't be, and he clearly was when healthy so far. Considering what else has been said in this thread, and in Claypool's, Johnson feels like an obvious buy-low for pennies on the dollar.

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Jail said:

Really? Not sure how you can say this.  I get having patience.  I still have faith he can produce,  but this is just wishful thinking. 

Wake me up when Johnson has the kind of game Claypool had last week...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, tricky92 said:

Wake me up when Johnson has the kind of game Claypool had last week...

Wake me up when any WR has the kind of game Claypool had last week...

Wake me up when Claypool has the kind of game Claypool had last week...

  • Like 2
  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
44 minutes ago, KingPrawn said:

Wake me up when any WR has the kind of game Claypool had last week...

Wake me up when Claypool has the kind of game Claypool had last week...

True, true 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, KingPrawn said:

Wake me up when any WR has the kind of game Claypool had last week...

Wake me up when Claypool has the kind of game Claypool had last week...

Yea, no way he replicates that......teams will be keying on him from here on out.  If anything, it helps his teammates get open looks.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, travdogg said:

He still leads the team in targets despite basically missing 2 games, he's their best route runner, and best RAC WR. 

If I were ranking it as everyone is healthy, its Johnson>JuJu>Claypool, and if Claypool stays hot, I think its at JuJu's expense, not Johnson's. 

I feel like we've been through this already with the Steelers with Conner, when people were ready to write him off after week 1, when he underachieved and got hurt, and Snell looked good in his absence. Johnson feels like a potential stud WR(especially in PPR) in the 2nd half of the season. 

I'm not saying Johnson will 100% be the #1, but there is no reason to think he won't be, and he clearly was when healthy so far. Considering what else has been said in this thread, and in Claypool's, Johnson feels like an obvious buy-low for pennies on the dollar.

The healthy part is pretty important,  though.  Johnson seems to have a hard time with that part.  And I am not saying it's not possible.  It certainly is. It's definitely possible he could be the #1.  I was commenting on the fact that you said there is a lot of reason to think it.  

To be honest I don't think that they will really have a true #1 this year. I think it's more likely that they could have a different #1 week to week based on how the defense plays them.

Edited by Jail

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, travdogg said:

I'm not saying Johnson will 100% be the #1, but there is no reason to think he won't be...

No reason? Injury history down? 4 TD breakout by beastly rookie teammate down?

DJ may bounce back and take over the Pitt WR1 once and for all... But there are several very legit reasons to think he won't.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, LawFitz said:

No reason? Injury history down? 4 TD breakout by beastly rookie teammate down?

DJ may bounce back and take over the Pitt WR1 once and for all... But there are several very legit reasons to think he won't.

 I’m just hoping Johnson can get back on the field long enough to be useful as a WR3.   There is little chance he is the WR1 for the Steelers.  Ever.  

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, KingPrawn said:

Wake me up when any WR has the kind of game Claypool had last week...

Wake me up when Claypool has the kind of game Claypool had last week...

It is not even within the realm of possibilities that Johnson ever does that. It is that Claypool does and that’s the point. You get the commentary that you deserve when you spend two off-seasons calling a guy a clear WR1. Still the worst thread in the SP.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, travdogg said:

He still leads the team in targets despite basically missing 2 games, he's their best route runner, and best RAC WR. 

If I were ranking it as everyone is healthy, its Johnson>JuJu>Claypool, and if Claypool stays hot, I think its at JuJu's expense, not Johnson's. 

I feel like we've been through this already with the Steelers with Conner, when people were ready to write him off after week 1, when he underachieved and got hurt, and Snell looked good in his absence. Johnson feels like a potential stud WR(especially in PPR) in the 2nd half of the season. 

I'm not saying Johnson will 100% be the #1, but there is no reason to think he won't be, and he clearly was when healthy so far. Considering what else has been said in this thread, and in Claypool's, Johnson feels like an obvious buy-low for pennies on the dollar.

You can let go of an opinion you were wrong about. It’s ok. You don’t have to triple down because you were wrong. I was wrong about JuJu. Claypool is the intended alpha for this offense. Just the way it is. JuJu is not the guy I thought he was and Johnson is certainly not the guy you think he is if you think they desire him to be the WR1 of this offense.

Garbage can Jarvis Landry. Maybe when he lands under Adam Gase you guys will get what you want. Ben loves to throw it downfield. He’s not opposed to LOS throws but it’s not where he wants to live. 

Edited by Iceman03

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, Jail said:

The healthy part is pretty important,  though.  Johnson seems to have a hard time with that part.  And I am not saying it's not possible.  It certainly is. It's definitely possible he could be the #1.  I was commenting on the fact that you said there is a lot of reason to think it.  

To be honest I don't think that they will really have a true #1 this year. I think it's more likely that they could have a different #1 week to week based on how the defense plays them.

Agree - this week should favor the slot defensively, and reportedly Big Ben was impressed with how JuJu was cheering on Claypool. Seems like a squeaky wheel game for JJSS, but week to week this is going to be a fluid situation,(so long as all are healthy) 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Iceman03 said:

Still the worst thread in the SP.

is there a time limit on that assessment? bc I'm pretty sure the Christine Michael and Royce Freeman truthers are going to be hard to beat out

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, BobbyLayne said:

is there a time limit on that assessment? bc I'm pretty sure the Christine Michael and Royce Freeman truthers are going to be hard to beat out

I’ll give you that CMike thread. Think I caught a vacation from that one.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, Iceman03 said:

It is not even within the realm of possibilities that Johnson ever does that. It is that Claypool does and that’s the point. You get the commentary that you deserve when you spend two off-seasons calling a guy a clear WR1. Still the worst thread in the SP.

Diontae Johnson absolutely can be the teams #1 WR. He has to stay healthy and at this point that seems like an issue. I can give you that. Also Claypool is a stud. This thread predicted the JuJu hoax a year early. Everybody has realized he's a fraud now but if you were in here last year you could have sold JuJu for a mint before the bottom fell out. Hardly a terrible thread. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, BobbyLayne said:

is there a time limit on that assessment? bc I'm pretty sure the Christine Michael and Royce Freeman truthers are going to be hard to beat out

Was just about to post this.  👏

The C-Mike thread is the best ever.  I can’t hear the phrase “shot out of a cannon” without thinking of that thread.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Iceman03 said:

I’ll give you that CMike thread. Think I caught a vacation from that one.

Which thread?

There were at least 3 CMike threads that got shut down.

This is why we watch the players so we know how great Christine Michael was. =D

  • Laughing 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Biabreakable said:

Which thread?

There were at least 3 CMike threads that got shut down.

This is why we watch the players so we know how great Christine Michael was. =D

The original. I remember because I stopped interacting about him after that... while people were turning down two 1st round picks for him. 🙄

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Milkman said:

Big Ben could have used his #1 WR today........

He still had Washington. 

I think Johnson slides in behind Claypool and ahead of JuJu, IF healthy

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, fruity pebbles said:

He’s their most talented WR imo for 20 minutes per game. 

This. Lol 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.