Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Faust

Dynasty & Redraft: WR Diontae Johnson, Steelers

2 minutes ago, The Captain said:

Value wise would you prefer Johnson over someone like Gallup or Deebo? 

Yes not even close

• Like 3

20 hours ago, scothawk said:

Best wideout group in the league. And DJ will be the leader when it settles down. 

Not sure I agree with your 1st sentence, but can easily see the 2nd happening.

As far as the long-term outlook, it's simple.

Claypool is going to be the guy. His ceiling is so high you can't see it yet.

It's almost a given JuJu will be gone.

Edited by Football Jones

2 hours ago, Football Jones said:

As far as the long-term outlook, it's simple.

Claypool is going to be the guy. His ceiling is so high you can't see it yet.

It's almost a given JuJu will be gone.

I generally agree with this. DJ not durable enough, and CP is a special athlete.

Anyone know if DJ is back to #2 on the depth chart this week? Is he being worked back into the offense?  His target share was off the charts for the two weeks he fully played.

23 hours ago, The Captain said:

Value wise would you prefer Johnson over someone like Gallup or Deebo? 

Yes for sure. There are some strong Deebo believers out there, though. 

If he is fully fit it's going to be a fun ride. Defenses have to look at claypool as well now. I would have preferred to bench him this week but rolling with him over AR15 on matchup and a hunch.

As much as I want to play him I've got Ridley and Galloway in my lineup. 

2 minutes ago, scothawk said:

If he is fully fit it's going to be a fun ride. Defenses have to look at claypool as well now. I would have preferred to bench him this week but rolling with him over AR15 on matchup and a hunch.

Playing him over Jeudy.  

1 minute ago, scothawk said:

I haven't owned ARob before but as a Bears fan I don't have much confidence in the Rams matchup. Aside from whether he will be on Ramsey, the question of the OLine protecting Foles against Donald and company seems like a no brainer to me. Bears can't block at all. I wouldn't be surprised if the Bears get curbstomped in this one.

1 minute ago, bolldpt said:

As much as I want to play him I've got Ridley and Galloway in my lineup. 

That's a bold call. JK I assume Golladay.

• Laughing 1

Just now, barackdhouse said:

That's a bold call. JK I assume Golladay.

Wow! I think I will blame that on auto correct! Lol 

Anyone starting him this week? Especially over starters that have lasted the entire game twice thus far? I have guys like Higgins and Lamb in over him.

• Thanks 1

16 minutes ago, Double said:

Anyone starting him this week? Especially over starters that have lasted the entire game twice thus far? I have guys like Higgins and Lamb in over him.

Starting DJ Moore over him. Just traded for Johnson and would like to see him last a game and targets with claypool there before inserting into lineup. But I have solid WRs and crap at RB so I can wait and see.

5 minutes ago, VikingFrog said:

Starting DJ Moore over him. Just traded for Johnson and would like to see him last a game and targets with claypool there before inserting into lineup. But I have solid WRs and crap at RB so I can wait and see.

This. He's not back in my lineup until I see him play four quarters and see how he fits into new pecking order.

You guys are right. Have him in two leagues and somehow has only cost me one loss from his starts. Very much a wait and see game. Hopefully he makes it the entire game and gets targeted like early season. That would be a dream for his managers.

I dont understand the wait to see if he lasts a whole game thing. That only increases the odds he misses time in the next game. Has he ever made it thru 2 straight games healthy?

47 minutes ago, Double said:

Still debating.  My last flex in the one league where I own him will be either him, Chark or K. Cole.  Ugh, I fully expect whatever decision I make to burn me.

To hell with it, I am starting him. I will report back in an hour when he leaves the game with a hurt knee after getting 1-9-0.

I've gone with him in several leagues at the end of the day. Let's see. I'm sure he will be ok but would have preferred a cushion this week. 

Would be interesting to see him cost people games by starting him and then this week costing games by sitting him lol. I may be “people” in this scenario.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Laughing 1

25 minutes ago, Ghost Rider said:

To hell with it, I am starting him. I will report back in an hour when he leaves the game with a hurt knee after getting 1-9-0.

Good move.  Wish I had done the same.

Just now, fred_1_15301 said:

Good move.  Wish I had done the same.

I am doing the Costanza method this year. In other words, I am doing the opposite of what my instincts tell me.  I normally would have kept Johnson on the bench till he showed me he could stay healthy for a full game, but since my instincts are wrong, I went against it. :headbang:

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Milkman said:

You're welcome everybody!

The reverse jinx works again!

• Like 1

Dude has straight up murdered me this year. Started him the two games he left early, didn't trust him today. 

2 hours ago, VikingFrog said:

At least so far I didn’t choose wrong. 

1 hour ago, Milkman said:

He didn't return that punt either. That's good. 

This is massive.

Well at least he rewarded owners this week

If you owners are going to do this worry dance every game, then just trade him and save yourselves the trouble. If not, then put some respek on his name.

Edited by The Frankman
  • Like 7

Just now, Milkman said:

What happened?

Limped off after getting tackled. Came back a play or two later.