What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Nature on verge of collapse? UN report is shocking (1 Viewer)

This is why I am forced to vote Democrat for the foreseeable future no matter how much I might agree with Republicans on other issues.

In all seriousness, this is one of those topics and reports that hits me in the gut.  Despair and sadness and creates an overall malaise.  I'm really panicky over what this means for the world my kids are inheriting.  We're taking a mega National Park vacation this summer for about a month.  It'll be awesome and bittersweet at the same time with this stuff hanging over our heads.  :sadbanana:

Why care about this...tax cuts, tax cuts, tax cuts

Our esteemed leader is changing science for us to tell us air pollution is good for us 

In all seriousness, it makes me sick the world we are leaving my children.  Not only that i feel like it is getting worse by the day

The only way to save the world is to reduce human population to 0ne billion persons or less, and to have those persons be very environmentally conscious and to do this fast. 
Sadly worldwide overpopulation is the biggest issue.  It’s amazing to see the population in many less developed regions of the world. How are they handling trash, sewage, etc?

Sadly worldwide overpopulation is the biggest issue.  It’s amazing to see the population in many less developed regions of the world. How are they handling trash, sewage, etc?
This is a tough issue, and the US should strive to set the example, but it is going to be hard to get the rest of the world on board with sweeping changes.  Third world countries can be extremely dirty.  Traveling through Bangkok was upsetting to see how much trash is laying around that city and in the waterways. 

This is a tough issue, and the US should strive to set the example, but it is going to be hard to get the rest of the world on board with sweeping changes.  Third world countries can be extremely dirty.  Traveling through Bangkok was upsetting to see how much trash is laying around that city and in the waterways. 
I was in Egypt 10 years ago.  People who live in high rises just open their windows and dump garbage into the streets below. I was glad to get out of there without an infectious disease.

Horse is out of the barn and has been since Reagan took Carter's solar panels off the roof of the White House. We could have led on the issue but 40 years of maybes have lost us the standing to guide emerging economies on carbon consumption and resulting pollution. We should still work purposefully from carbons to renewables, but panic money & effort will be as nonsensical & ruinous as terrorism panic money & effort was.

ETA: It's gonna be water levels that get us. Just spent a wk on the beach in Seabrook NH which, because there is no inland waterway between Boston & Portland, is an excellent indicator of what's going on and we've lost between 50-100 feet of shoreline to the sea since last year (i'd say a couple of ft of sea level, and that's adjusting for neap tide). Once that makes its way to tropical areas and does to Atlantic currents what the hole in the Ozone did to the South Pacific (El Ninos), it's gonna get nutty.

Last edited by a moderator:
They are trying to scare everyone about "global warming", so basically yes.
Any organization that publishes reports whose findings you don't like is considered a mainstream media organization?

The only way to save the world is to reduce human population to 0ne billion persons or less, and to have those persons be very environmentally conscious and to do this fast. 
It's either that or this planet goes Mad Max eventually. You simply cannot keep adding humans to the planet. I would not want to be born today or in the near future. It's gonna suck for some people and suck real bad.

It's either that or this planet goes Mad Max eventually. You simply cannot keep adding humans to the planet. I would not want to be born today or in the near future. It's gonna suck for some people and suck real bad.
That's not necessarily true in a lot of ways...for example Europe leads on alot of fronts in terms of water use, waste reduction etc.....if we followed suit here in north america you would see a huge difference

it is however going to take a lot to drag the china's and india's along however...

That's not necessarily true in a lot of ways...for example Europe leads on alot of fronts in terms of water use, waste reduction etc.....if we followed suit here in north america you would see a huge difference

it is however going to take a lot to drag the china's and india's along however...
Actually it's 100% true. You cannot keep adding humans. Eventually you would run out of room. The planet will take care of that before we hit that point however via environmental collapse or killer plague.

We don't know who can be bought and who can't at the UN.

And nice to know that you immediately think I am not here for an honest discussion.  I teach science in high school and I believe that "global warming" is a farce.  It is just a money ploy.
We have no evidence it was bought and paid for...yet you wrote it off as such.  That seems rather dishonest.

Blaming it in the MSM seemed dishonest.

You teach science and believe global warming is a farce?  I wont comment further for fear of being banned.

And nice to know that you immediately think I am not here for an honest discussion.  I teach science in high school and I believe that "global warming" is a farce.  It is just a money ploy.
An accredited one?

I feel bad for your students. Not a joke. It's a real shame they'll potentially be influenced in this area by someone who appears to allow their biases to short circuit their critical thinking capabilities.

"The most hopeful view is that this is all a big misunderstanding -- that there's a massive communication breakdown between scientists and the general public."

Seems an awful lot of people are betting on the above. They better hope they're right, you're only gambling on your children's future. But hey, the oil companies are making a ton of money, and in the end isn't that what really matters?

Don’t worry about that crowd, anything and everything is trolling if you dont conform to their mindset 
False. Had nothing to do with conforming. It had to do with spewing taking points that it was all the msm and global warming is false without actually ever commenting on the findings of the report. 

Please do.  I want to see what you "think" is "truth".

Though I am pretty sure I already know.

BTW, this username seems familiar, where have I seen it before?
Probably in that other board you usually go to before coming over here.

And what do you already know?  That I’d question a school hiring a science teacher who dismisses established science?

LOL.  School are so far left leaning, it is nice to have someone to go against the grain.

In fact, all of the Math teachers at my school (which is one of the best in the county) are all Republicans.
That's not the issue. The issue is what your reasoning is - science teacher or not, conservative or not - to come to the conclusion you have as a result of all the evidence that has been compiled. The article provides some evidence. You don't address it in any scientific way, you simply dismiss the entire article off hand, seemingly because you already disagree with where the evidence takes them. I'd expect a science teacher to provide some explanation, based on scientific method, of why they disagree with the findings. Why don't you do that?

LOL

"Global warming" an established science.  Yeah I see where you are definitely incorrect.

You need to stay out of school teacher hiring business because it is obvious you want all kids brainwashed to the liberal left.
Yes climate change is established science.  That isn’t even debatable.

And your last paragraph is also more evidence that you aren’t here for honest discussion.  Along with claiming you just knows user name from somewhere.

Hmmm, a science teacher who assigns no credibility to peer reviewed evidence; evidence with overwhelming support.  Interesting.

Kinda like that one dentist who wouldn't recommend sugarless gum for their patients who chew gum.

Tick Tock

Some scientists estimate the earth can only handle 10 billion people. 

Users who are viewing this thread