What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Is DJT suffering from a neurological condition? (1 Viewer)

If you truly believe that Trump's mental state has not declined, then the proper course of action is to defend your beliefs, not to attack others.

Let's not use it here. As I don't see anything good that comes from calling another person or poster here deranged. It's just not productive.

If you think they're acting without reason, say it and say why. In other words, let's have a discussion. Not call names. 
I was more referencing the articles about it as a discussion not calling people here names as Trump has clearly caused people to act in extreme ways. I assume that was what got the previous poster in trouble was calling someone that?

Do you see how stopping that discussion before it starts while pretending this thread topic is a real thing might feel like encouraging the echo chamber effect? 

It's a worthwhile topic, especially because the current Dem front-runner is even older than Trump is.

Speculating about specific neurological diseases is a little unseemly. But some kind of general (probably age-related) decline seems pretty evident.

Search YouTube for Donald Trump's interviews from the 1980s. He spoke in complete sentences, many of them with complex structures, without losing focus. His active vocabulary was noticeably broader. He did not consistently distract himself with impertinent tangents. He was, truth be told, downright coherent. The difference between the younger Trump and the present-day unscripted Trump is rather stark, IMO.

It should be at least moderately concerning even to his biggest fans.

It should also be a concern with Biden and Bernie on the Dem side.

Airline pilots are generally forced to retire at age 65. Air-traffic controllers are often forced to retire at age 56. A decent number of states force their judges to retire at age 70.

There should be no hard and fast rule against electing someone President beyond a certain age. But age-related cognitive decline is an actual thing, and it should be a factor in considering candidates for President. Trump is the oldest person ever to be sworn in as POTUS, and to me he seems obviously less sharp than he was a decade or two ago.

It's worth discussing.
Bumping this as it’s not only one of the few posts not hidden for me over the last couple of pages but the best post about why this is thread worthy.  

I was more referencing the articles about it as a discussion not calling people here names as Trump has clearly caused people to act in extreme ways. I assume that was what got the previous poster in trouble was calling someone that?

Do you see how stopping that discussion before it starts while pretending this thread topic is a real thing might feel like encouraging the echo chamber effect? 
If you want to start a thread about how you feel Anti Trump people are not acting rationally or objectively and want to post examples of what you're talking about and why you think they're not being objective do that.

Don't make the generalization and accuse them of being deranged or having TDS. 

That's as much time as I'm going to spend on this. 

Joe, this is an example of a poster figuratively  telling you to go #### yourself. You are either too naive or too nice to see it.

Nobody in their right mind thinks that Trump has syphilis, it is a nutjob talking point that has been co-opted by posters here who serve no other purpose than to troll.

They are basically laughing at you for allowing this thread to continue under their absurd protests of "someone on the internet brought it up so it is fair and reasonable to debate it"

No, it is a topic for people who are so far off the deep end that they are literally at the point of blaming syphilis for their obsession with Trump and inability to accept the reality that Trump won the election.

I can't imagine this is the direction you want your brand and name to be associated with.
Nobody is saying or even implying that to joe.  

The fact that Maurile contributes to some of the more bizarre and radical theories here is concerning.

Banning Bob Magaw was a net positive for this forum.

I enjoy Maurile's input on a variety of topics here and do not think he should get the Magaw treatment, but as a thought leader and influencer on these pages it would be nice to see him a little less supportive of the topics that enter into the fringe/radical/should we alert SS and FBI territory.
When you have staff pushing this agenda and threads like this started by app testers or whatever his affiliation is you aren’t going to have more than an echo chamber that censors once side. Is what it is and I get that with all Joe he going on it’s probably not worth his time to get in the weeds on. 

I can’t believe that we are having a debate about this.  

Trump Derangement Syndrome is not a recognized medical condition.  

How is this hard to understand?

When you have staff pushing this agenda and threads like this started by app testers or whatever his affiliation is you aren’t going to have more than an echo chamber that censors once side. Is what it is and I get that with all Joe he going on it’s probably not worth his time to get in the weeds on. 
The app tester label means zero affiliation with FBG. That was a thing we gave to people years ago when they beta tested an app for us. 

Last edited by a moderator:
And there is no "staff pushing an agenda". 

Maurile has a different opinion of this thread than I do. 

I love Maurile and respect his opinion. Believe it or not, people can have different opinions and still respect each other. 

It's not much more complicated than that. 

If you want to start a thread about how you feel Anti Trump people are not acting rationally or objectively and want to post examples of what you're talking about and why you think they're not being objective do that.

If only I had an ounce of initiative that I did a year ago. 

And there is no "staff pushing an agenda". 

Maurile has a different opinion of this thread than I do. 

I love Maurile and respect his opinion. Believe it or not, people can have different opinions and still respect each other. 

It's not much more complicated than that. 
And Maurile loves his troop including a guy with dozens of aliases who trolls all day and was praised not too long ago after not being very respectful. But hey it's your joint. If it's a left echo you want to bounce ideas off to post to your right wing friends on Facebook this place is perfect. 

If only I had an ounce of initiative that I did a year ago. 

And Maurile loves his troop including a guy with dozens of aliases who trolls all day and was praised not too long ago after not being very respectful. But hey it's your joint. If it's a left echo you want to bounce ideas off to post to your right wing friends on Facebook this place is perfect. 
How about we discuss issues with reasons why we think things. And focus less on what someone thinks is the echo? Please help us. 

How about we discuss issues with reasons why we think things. And focus less on what someone thinks is the echo? Please help us. 
Joe...you know darn well what goes on here. You even posted you have Republican friends that told you they wouldn’t post here due to how they would be treated. You created this and allow it with your mods. 

The OP of this thread called Trump supporters JERKS in another thread . 
I admit, that post was in bad taste. Even still, you are incorrect that I labeled DJT supporters that way. When making that claim I did not single out any side. Just stated a bunch of people were acting that way......because they were. By the way, it wasn't just one side acting that way.

Hey, as is the norm for you......Great Post!

:lmao:

You can’t even use a laughing emoji here because it offends people. That’s pathetic.
Sorry, guys.  I’m being sincere here.

If you have any issue with the powers that be on this site concerning how things are moderated I can absolutely confirm that political bias has nothing to do with it.

The very idea that Joe favors one side or the other (especially the more liberal side) when it comes to this sub forum is not only silly but insulting to JB.  

Lord knows we’ve butted heads and I can be a giant PITA but I cannot imagine saying that Joe treats any one side unfairly.

Sorry, guys.  I’m being sincere here.

If you have any issue with the powers that be on this site concerning how things are moderated I can absolutely confirm that political bias has nothing to do with it.

The very idea that Joe favors one side or the other (especially the more liberal side) when it comes to this sub forum is not only silly but insulting to JB.  

Lord knows we’ve butted heads and I can be a giant PITA but I cannot imagine saying that Joe treats any one side unfairly.
You’re a model poster.

Give me a dime on the over. ;)

Joe...you know darn well what goes on here. You even posted you have Republican friends that told you they wouldn’t post here due to how they would be treated. You created this and allow it with your mods. 
Please let's discuss issues with reasons why we think things. And focus less on how pathetic the board is? Please help us. 

Last edited by a moderator:
It’s really tiresome. The same people, day after day, make the same complaints about how much this place sucks. If I agreed with them I wouldn’t hang around. 
True...rather than complaining about echo chamber or unfair treatment...start a thread, post conservative ideals and legit topics.  They will be debated just fine.

But if you start out with...LIberals all suck hit and run posts, they will be met with the bs they deserve.

True...rather than complaining about echo chamber or unfair treatment...start a thread, post conservative ideals and legit topics.  They will be debated just fine.

But if you start out with...LIberals all suck hit and run posts, they will be met with the bs they deserve.
Link?

I know it has nothing to do with the conversation going on. You should stick to simple facts. 
It had a lot to do with the conversation that was ongoing.  So I think I will stick to what I feel appropriate and if you don't like it you are free to ignore me...or if I break any rules of the board you are free to report me.  Beyond that...seems pretty petty bickering just for the sake of bickering.

This is a bad look. Take your own advice here.
Not really a bad look at all (nor do I really care what appearance it may have...its a message board)...I ignore quite a few here.  But those are people incapable of rational discussion.  Tony is not like that usually.  Just found that line of questioning pretty petty.

It had a lot to do with the conversation that was ongoing.  So I think I will stick to what I feel appropriate and if you don't like it you are free to ignore me...or if I break any rules of the board you are free to report me.  Beyond that...seems pretty petty bickering just for the sake of bickering.
Who would start out with “all you people suck!”  WTF is wrong with you?  

My original comment was in response to a conversation between Joe Bryant and John Blutarsky in which that came up. 

But you’ve certainly been part of the “This place is an echo chamber” guys. 
Man you're all over the map here.   This place is an echo chamber at times.  And I've complained about the moderation because overall it is imbalanced.  So what if I think that?  Deal with it.   

You complain about things too.  Like you said, you're free to leave just as you think anyone else is.  

Man you're all over the map here.   This place is an echo chamber at times.  And I've complained about the moderation because overall it is imbalanced.  So what if I think that?  Deal with it.   

You complain about things too.  Like you said, you're free to leave just as you think anyone else is.  
I don’t want to deal with it. Your complaints are incessant and tiresome. I wish you’d stop making them. 

I don’t want to deal with it. Your complaints are incessant and tiresome. I wish you’d stop making them. 
You have 200K posts between you and all your aliases.   So forgive me for  :lmao:  at you calling anyone incessant and tiresome.  Seriously guy try to have a little self awareness.  Go out and see the sun today for 5 minutes.

You have 200K posts between you and all your aliases.   So forgive me for  :lmao:  at you calling anyone incessant and tiresome.  Seriously guy try to have a little self awareness.  Go out and see the sun today for 5 minutes.
Thanks I’m in the sun right now. 

You know what else is tiresome? When people try to rip me for all of my posts. Yes I have a lot of posts. I don’t care that I have a lot of posts. Why do you? (Actually I don’t think you care either, you’re just looking for a comeback. But this is a weak one.) 

Users who are viewing this thread