What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trumps Approval Rating Now Higher Than Obama (1 Viewer)

He also tried to make "handling the economy" equal "approval rating".

Poor guy tries hard but just can't put it all together.
Why do you have to be an ### all the time ? I never said that. Read my comments and stop posting crap. You are a piece of work. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Wait, many people here credit Obama for the economy.
It was doing fine. But tax cuts are stimulous spending. They certainly had some marginal value but the vast majority is sitting in accounts, not being invested. 

And the opportunity costs are staggering. We could have helped education, infrastructure, healthcare. But the rich were going to get their tax cuts or turn off the spigots to conservative politicians. So what do we have to show for it. A couple of tenths on our GDP and Trillions in debt? Meh. 

What I find interesting about that interactive graph is that it's pretty clear that the majority of the country, regardless whether they were happy with the results of the election or not, in January of 2017 were willing to give DJT the benefit of the doubt and see what would transpire. People didn't start out with a really low approval of him as president, he earned it.

Jackstraw said:
It was doing fine. But tax cuts are stimulous spending. They certainly had some marginal value but the vast majority is sitting in accounts, not being invested. 

And the opportunity costs are staggering. We could have helped education, infrastructure, healthcare. But the rich were going to get their tax cuts or turn off the spigots to conservative politicians. So what do we have to show for it. A couple of tenths on our GDP and Trillions in debt? Meh. 
There is no proof this round of cuts was stimulative. In fact there is plenty to the contrary. Cuts at this point are just giveaways that hurt the nation as you point out.

There is no proof this round of cuts was stimulative. In fact there is plenty to the contrary. Cuts at this point are just giveaways that hurt the nation as you point out.
While I have issues with the tax law changes and no statistical proof of their  effects I do have first hand experience.  I'm in the upper management of a 80mil dollar company.  Without question the cuts have helped our bottom line (mostly in the capital expenditure write-off aspect) and that has translated directly into raises companywide.  Now I do also understand that our ownership group is different then many others and truly operate under the "do the right thing" and "share the wealth" mentality so this may not be the same for everyone.  But there is no question that the multiple hundreds of employee that I work with are making more money directly due to the tax law changes.

Last edited by a moderator:
While I have issues with the tax law changes and no statistical proof of there effects I do have first hand experience.  I'm in the upper management of a 80mil dollar company.  Without question the cuts have help our bottom line (mostly in the capital expenditure write-off aspect) and that has translated directly into raises companywide.  Now I do also understand that our ownership group is different then many others and truly operate under the "do the right thing" and "share the wealth" mentality so this may not be the same for everyone.  But there is no question that the multiple hundreds of employee that I work with are making more money directly due to the tax law changes.
Well I wish more companies would act that way but they don't.  And good for guys taking care of the workers.

The vast majority of the money though went to large corporations and the vast majority of that money went to stock buybacks which made a handful of rich people richer. Those corporations generally gave about 1 percent of what they got from the tax cuts to employees. Sounds like you guys did better than that so thank you.

2018 had almost DOUBLE the buybacks 2017 did.  Up to a trillion dollars.  It makes me wonder what would have happened in the market had they not bought back.

Update?  I see Rasmussen has a new poll out...
Meh, it's only his lowest approval since February. He's still got to sink a few more points before really hitting the bottom.

Trump truly does have the lowest approval ratings of any president since polls were invented. I was checking out 538's comparison charts (scroll down) and I noticed that Trump only managed to outpoll 3 presidents for any length of time -- Truman, Carter, and Reagan. The other 3 presidents were dealing with recessions, yet Trump doesn't have that excuse to fall back on. His terrible rating is due solely to his own incompetence and unpopular positions. He really is the best of the worst.

Meh, it's only his lowest approval since February. He's still got to sink a few more points before really hitting the bottom.

Trump truly does have the lowest approval ratings of any president since polls were invented. I was checking out 538's comparison charts (scroll down) and I noticed that Trump only managed to outpoll 3 presidents for any length of time -- Truman, Carter, and Reagan. The other 3 presidents were dealing with recessions, yet Trump doesn't have that excuse to fall back on. His terrible rating is due solely to his own incompetence and unpopular positions. He really is the best of the worst.
And the line is INCREDIBLY flat.  Apparently people saw pretty early on what he really was and they don't like it.  I've posted that very same page several times and each time get the predictable "the polls that predicted a hillary win" nonsense....good times.

Users who are viewing this thread