Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
John Blutarsky

Trumps Approval Rating Now Higher Than Obama

Recommended Posts

1 minute ago, John Blutarsky said:

You failed again. 

It’s probably just New Math.  I’m very bad at New Math. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Henry Ford said:

It’s probably just New Math.  I’m very bad at New Math. 

Stay at a Holiday Inn Express. It will help.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Stay at a Holiday Inn Express. It will help.

I don’t think so. Making two equal six is very hard. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, Henry Ford said:
19 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Stay at a Holiday Inn Express. It will help.

I don’t think so. Making two equal six is very hard. 

He also tried to make "handling the economy" equal "approval rating".

Poor guy tries hard but just can't put it all together.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, [scooter] said:

He also tried to make "handling the economy" equal "approval rating".

Poor guy tries hard but just can't put it all together.

Why do you have to be an ### all the time ? I never said that. Read my comments and stop posting crap. You are a piece of work. 

Edited by John Blutarsky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Guys...let’s keep it civil.

-McJose (member of MT’s model poster list)

  • Like 3
  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, McJose said:

Guys...let’s keep it civil.

-McJose (member of MT’s model poster list)

Where can I find the application for that list?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Where can I find the application for that list?

You don’t apply.  It’s like the Masons.  They’ll come to you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, McJose said:

You don’t apply.  It’s like the Masons.  They’ll come to you.

So hate Trump and they come to you. Which one...Joe, MT, Clayton or Aaron?

Edited by John Blutarsky

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

You can say the same thing about the post he was replying to.

Correct.

Both are examples of what we'd rather not have here. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
32 minutes ago, John Blutarsky said:

Where can I find the application for that list?

Trump bashing threads, duh. :lmao:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Ack88 said:

Do you think a Democrat could flip Texas blue?

Not by 2020. Probably eventually, and when it happens the Democrats will have a lock on the electoral college. 

But I think we’re maybe a decade away. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting how the people that like to sneer at polling want to trumpet it after they completely misinterpret them because they think they say what they want them to say.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
16 hours ago, John Blutarsky said:

Wait, many people here credit Obama for the economy.

It was doing fine. But tax cuts are stimulous spending. They certainly had some marginal value but the vast majority is sitting in accounts, not being invested. 

And the opportunity costs are staggering. We could have helped education, infrastructure, healthcare. But the rich were going to get their tax cuts or turn off the spigots to conservative politicians. So what do we have to show for it. A couple of tenths on our GDP and Trillions in debt? Meh. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

What I find interesting about that interactive graph is that it's pretty clear that the majority of the country, regardless whether they were happy with the results of the election or not, in January of 2017 were willing to give DJT the benefit of the doubt and see what would transpire. People didn't start out with a really low approval of him as president, he earned it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Jackstraw said:

It was doing fine. But tax cuts are stimulous spending. They certainly had some marginal value but the vast majority is sitting in accounts, not being invested. 

And the opportunity costs are staggering. We could have helped education, infrastructure, healthcare. But the rich were going to get their tax cuts or turn off the spigots to conservative politicians. So what do we have to show for it. A couple of tenths on our GDP and Trillions in debt? Meh. 

There is no proof this round of cuts was stimulative. In fact there is plenty to the contrary. Cuts at this point are just giveaways that hurt the nation as you point out.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 5/7/2019 at 10:00 AM, NCCommish said:

There is no proof this round of cuts was stimulative. In fact there is plenty to the contrary. Cuts at this point are just giveaways that hurt the nation as you point out.

While I have issues with the tax law changes and no statistical proof of their  effects I do have first hand experience.  I'm in the upper management of a 80mil dollar company.  Without question the cuts have helped our bottom line (mostly in the capital expenditure write-off aspect) and that has translated directly into raises companywide.  Now I do also understand that our ownership group is different then many others and truly operate under the "do the right thing" and "share the wealth" mentality so this may not be the same for everyone.  But there is no question that the multiple hundreds of employee that I work with are making more money directly due to the tax law changes.

Edited by dkp993
  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, dkp993 said:

While I have issues with the tax law changes and no statistical proof of there effects I do have first hand experience.  I'm in the upper management of a 80mil dollar company.  Without question the cuts have help our bottom line (mostly in the capital expenditure write-off aspect) and that has translated directly into raises companywide.  Now I do also understand that our ownership group is different then many others and truly operate under the "do the right thing" and "share the wealth" mentality so this may not be the same for everyone.  But there is no question that the multiple hundreds of employee that I work with are making more money directly due to the tax law changes.

Well I wish more companies would act that way but they don't.  And good for guys taking care of the workers.

The vast majority of the money though went to large corporations and the vast majority of that money went to stock buybacks which made a handful of rich people richer. Those corporations generally gave about 1 percent of what they got from the tax cuts to employees. Sounds like you guys did better than that so thank you.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

2018 had almost DOUBLE the buybacks 2017 did.  Up to a trillion dollars.  It makes me wonder what would have happened in the market had they not bought back.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Update?  I see Rasmussen has a new poll out...

He's only at 44% in Rasmussen?  That means he's really at about 38%...ok that makes total sense. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

Update?  I see Rasmussen has a new poll out...

Meh, it's only his lowest approval since February. He's still got to sink a few more points before really hitting the bottom.

Trump truly does have the lowest approval ratings of any president since polls were invented. I was checking out 538's comparison charts (scroll down) and I noticed that Trump only managed to outpoll 3 presidents for any length of time -- Truman, Carter, and Reagan. The other 3 presidents were dealing with recessions, yet Trump doesn't have that excuse to fall back on. His terrible rating is due solely to his own incompetence and unpopular positions. He really is the best of the worst.

  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, [scooter] said:

Meh, it's only his lowest approval since February. He's still got to sink a few more points before really hitting the bottom.

Trump truly does have the lowest approval ratings of any president since polls were invented. I was checking out 538's comparison charts (scroll down) and I noticed that Trump only managed to outpoll 3 presidents for any length of time -- Truman, Carter, and Reagan. The other 3 presidents were dealing with recessions, yet Trump doesn't have that excuse to fall back on. His terrible rating is due solely to his own incompetence and unpopular positions. He really is the best of the worst.

And the line is INCREDIBLY flat.  Apparently people saw pretty early on what he really was and they don't like it.  I've posted that very same page several times and each time get the predictable "the polls that predicted a hillary win" nonsense....good times.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

It seems that Rasmussen was getting spooked by the constant Disapproval Rankings for Trump, so they decided to go for some low hanging fruit:


 The new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters shows Warren with 46% support to Trump’s 44%.

 

Oops...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
33 minutes ago, Sinn Fein said:

It seems that Rasmussen was getting spooked by the constant Disapproval Rankings for Trump, so they decided to go for some low hanging fruit:


 The new Rasmussen Reports national telephone and online survey of Likely U.S. Voters shows Warren with 46% support to Trump’s 44%.

 

Oops...

How amusing. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.