What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What % of Democrats accept DOJ legal findings? (1 Viewer)

??

• Yes

Votes: 1 16.7%
  • No

Votes: 3 50.0%
  • Maybe

Votes: 2 33.3%

• Total voters
Findings of fact or legal conclusions?

In any case, I think the Mueller report seems pretty solid -- conservative -- in its description of facts. What's there seems well supported.

Mueller and Barr don't seem to be on the same page in certain regards, so I don't know if it makes sense to speak of the DOJ view of things as if the department were a monolith.

Findings of fact or legal conclusions?

In any case, I think the Mueller report seems pretty solid -- conservative -- in its description of facts. What's there seems well supported.

Mueller and Barr don't seem to be on the same page in certain regards, so I don't know if it makes sense to speak of the DOJ view of things as if the department were a monolith.
Barr testified Mueller did not dispute his findings.

I see.  Well, let's hope Mueller testifies so we can get to the bottom of this.
If Mueller testifies do you expect him to veer from his report?  That would be very strange.  Both Barr and Rosenstein did not believe there was sufficient evidence to establish an obstructive offense.

If Mueller testifies do you expect him to veer from his report?  That would be very strange.  Both Barr and Rosenstein did not believe there was sufficient evidence to establish an obstructive offense.
Kind of tough to come to a conclusion one way or the other if they didn't even review the evidence the report was based on.  Not sure I'd hitch my wagon to "well, we don't know because we didn't look at the evidence ourselves, so we'll go with "no" here just to be safe" :shrug:  

I mean, I appreciate the "conservative" nature of that decision, but let's not pretend it's anything more than trying to use gasoline to put out the flame :lol:  

I suspect there will be questions about things not contained in the report such as the Barr summary.  We know Mueller was displeased with Barr's summary.  I'd like him to elaborate on that.  

I also think it's possible that some answers to questions Mueller provides about the report will be enlightening to the American public.  It will be different coming directly from him instead of being filtered through politicians.

I suspect there will be questions about things not contained in the report such as the Barr summary.  We know Mueller was displeased with Barr's summary.  I'd like him to elaborate on that.  

I also think it's possible that some answers to questions Mueller provides about the report will be enlightening to the American public.  It will be different coming directly from him instead of being filtered through politicians.
I thought I read Mueller wasn't happy with how the media handled Barr's summary.

I do not think that Mueller will agree with how you've chosen to frame the question.  Which, of course, is the exact spin that Barr is putting on it.  No underlying conspiracy charge, so no obstruction.  Mueller will not agree with that. 500 prosecutors around America don't agree with that.  Mueller specifically states that prosecuting Trump for obstruction was outside his (and I think he will say the DOJ's) mandate.  

But, we've been over this so many times.

I do not think that Mueller will agree with how you've chosen to frame the question.  Which, of course, is the exact spin that Barr is putting on it.  No underlying conspiracy charge, so no obstruction.  Mueller will not agree with that. 500 prosecutors around America don't agree with that.  Mueller specifically states that prosecuting Trump for obstruction was outside his (and I think he will say the DOJ's) mandate.  

But, we've been over this so many times.
I never said Mueller will testify no obstruction.  I said his testimony will mirror his report findings.

Users who are viewing this thread