What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Trumps trade war with China (1 Viewer)

China is the one country we should have a trade war with.
As a soybean farmer this trade war has destroyed 30 years of building soybean demand and an export market which once imported 40 percent of our soybeans. China has turned to other resources for their soybeans and opted to help South America build its transportation infrastructure. In other words regardless of when and if this trade war is resolved permanent damage has been done. Soybean prices have dropped enough so that farmers are opting to plant more corn which in turn has lowered corn prices. The ethanol industry which for the first time in 20 years has seen lower usage under this President because despite historic low ethanol prices has seen Trump’s EPA grant hardship waivers to refineries so they aren’t required to blend ethanol. 

Sure nice you  don’t care about the farmer’s plight. 

Last edited by a moderator:
They have been stealing our technology for years.  They are our enemy.  

Sure is nice  you value your situation over that of your country.
His situation IS the country's situation.  What happens to our farmers affects us all.  Almost every single thing you have in your life can be traced back to farmers.  Farmers are like Kevin Bacon.

They have been stealing our technology for years.  They are our enemy.  

Sure is nice  you value your situation over that of your country.
I’ll give you something  an employee might be able to grasp. You have a job that is paying 25 bucks an hour.Because of the trade war your wage goes down to 18 bucks an hour. now you can’t make your house or car payments.  You whine and I tell you that you are being selfish and not a patriot and that should put your country first.  I say BS if you wouldn’t be whining!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-06/midwest-banks-hit-hard-surge-us-farmer-bankrupcties

Last edited by a moderator:
lazyike said:
I’ll give you something  an employee might be able to grasp. You have a job that is paying 25 bucks an hour.Because of the trade war your wage goes down to 18 bucks an hour. now you can’t make your house or car payments.  You whine and I tell you that you are being selfish and not a patriot and that should put your country first.  I say BS if you wouldn’t be whining!

https://www.zerohedge.com/news/2019-05-06/midwest-banks-hit-hard-surge-us-farmer-bankrupcties
Isn't this exactly what happened to the middle class before the trade war?

I don't know, ask Chuck Schumer who totally agrees with Trump. Lets see, if you agree with Trump, you are his base. Chuck Schumer agrees with Trump, therefore Chuck Schumer is part of Trumps base. ;)
Maybe there is some backstory here but on its face it doesn’t make logical sense

Maybe there is some backstory here but on its face it doesn’t make logical sense
It's one of two possibilities.
1. Schumer is being honest and thinks China needs to play fair.
2. He hopes it causes our economy to falter opening the door for a D win in 2020.

It's one of two possibilities.
1. Schumer is being honest and thinks China needs to play fair.
2. He hopes it causes our economy to falter opening the door for a D win in 2020.
Chuck or anyone person agreeing with Trump on a single issue does not make them part of Trump’s base

Users who are viewing this thread