What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

I wonder who will win the battle of silliness? (1 Viewer)

supermike80

Footballguy
Between Congress acting like babies and the President acting like a crazy man I cant figure out who will come out the winner here in the eyes of the public.

If I was a betting man I'd say President Trump will gain more than he loses. 

I don’t approve of everything Congress is doing, tactically,  but I don’t see how they are acting like babies. 

The dems will lose by winning but if Trump wins then we all lose so I guess we need to hope the dems lose and that way Trump loses and then we win.

Last edited by a moderator:
Between Congress acting like babies and the President acting like a crazy man I cant figure out who will come out the winner here in the eyes of the public.

If I was a betting man I'd say President Trump will gain more than he loses. 
I'd agree simply because he can't lose much more at this point.  His base is what it is.  He's created his floor.  The only real question is can he build from here and I think the answer is "marginally".

Democrats have the higher ground in the actual argument.  Trump can't explain away "TOTAL EXONERATION!......but I won't let anyone testify" without conveying a sense that he has something to hide.  

If he really doesn't have anything to hide....he needs to outplay the D's and give total transperancy. 

I think there is probably a tiny group of people genuinely on the fence as they don't pay a ton of attention to politics and they probably partake in the national media echo chamber recreationally.  Simply saying there is a non-zero percent chance that this is true :shrug:  

I think there is probably a tiny group of people genuinely on the fence as they don't pay a ton of attention to politics and they probably partake in the national media echo chamber recreationally.  Simply saying there is a non-zero percent chance that this is true :shrug:  
I was only making a bad joke. Sorry, Charlie.

I don’t approve of everything Congress is doing, tactically,  but I don’t see how they are acting like babies. 
They’ve been acting like babies for decades, that’s exactly what’s got us to where we are now and partisan governing.  

The sad realization is that the shallow idiotic behavior displayed by these chumps is completely our doing through our actions and/or inactions.

Any thoughts besides about me? Nothing?
Michael you start so many threads and they always start the same.

I am not impressed by Congress but I think Trump looks worse. Trump looks awful all the time. He’s been a running joke in this country since the late 80/early 90s.

Michael you start so many threads and they always start the same.

I am not impressed by Congress but I think Trump looks worse. Trump looks awful all the time. He’s been a running joke in this country since the late 80/early 90s.
So you don't think he wins this battle? I don't agree.  I see him gaining points with this battle

Congress has a constitutional duty to oversee the executive branch. I get that some people want a unitary executive but it shouldn't be any Americans in this thread. Especially if anyone in your family ever shed their blood to keep this country free. Because an executive branch that answers to no one leads to tyranny. And there are legitimate questions to be asked that must be answered. Especially in light of what we already know.

Last edited by a moderator:
Congress has a constitutional duty to oversee the executive branch. I get that some people want a unitary executive but it shouldn't be any Americans in this thread. Especially if anyone in your family ever shed their blood to keep this country free. Because an executive branch that answers to no one leads to tyranny. And there are legitimate questions to be asked that must be answered. Especially in light of what we already know.
Then Buzzkill whipped out his pocket copy of the Constitution, and everybody became sad & went home.

Gee whiz..if it ONLY really worked like that.    It doesn't...at all..but it sure sounds nice

Gee whiz..if it ONLY really worked like that.    It doesn't...at all..but it sure sounds nice
It's not working that way because the electorate isn't demand it work that way.  We can do better in our level of expectations.  This cowardice from doing the right thing because the other side might make me look bad is absurd.

My money is still on Opie, but knowledge dropper still has a chance, and Blutarsky is making a late run.

Cowardice is an apt word. Lots of that going around at the moment. The imaginary force that is party alignment is causing many to act in ways that are counter to the betterment of the nation and the sustaining of American ideals.

It's not working that way because the electorate isn't demand it work that way.  We can do better in our level of expectations.  This cowardice from doing the right thing because the other side might make me look bad is absurd.
You and a few others keep pushing this line. I don’t think it’s cowardly to choose not to pursue impeachment at this time. It would be cowardly not to continue the investigation and see what happens. But impeachment is a political decision, not a duty. 

You and a few others keep pushing this line. I don’t think it’s cowardly to choose not to pursue impeachment at this time. It would be cowardly not to continue the investigation and see what happens. But impeachment is a political decision, not a duty. 
we know tim

Not sure about others but I'm linking cowardice specifically to those elected or appointed who are falling in line and not leading.

Impeachment is a duty if the evidence supports it. They took an oath of office. We have multiple instances where if you or I did it we'd have been charged with obstruction and witness tampering at a minimum already. No one would want to know what we were thinking or if we were ignorant of the law. Ignorance of the law is no defense unless apparently you're rich and powerful. Plenty of people taking long sentences who were ignorant of their legal peril. There is enough evidence in the public sphere to have an impeachment hearing in the House.

But that's fine more investigation won't hurt and there will be more as evidenced by the Senate committee subpoena for Jr.

I turned on the TV and actually watched some of the debates yesterday.  What I realized as they went back and forth is none of them listen to what the other one says.  One speaks and goes one way, the next one speaks and goes the other way.  Not once did I see a person from the opposing side show an interested of thoughtful type of look when they other side was speaking.   Just a waste of time.

I turned on the TV and actually watched some of the debates yesterday.  What I realized as they went back and forth is none of them listen to what the other one says.  One speaks and goes one way, the next one speaks and goes the other way.  Not once did I see a person from the opposing side show an interested of thoughtful type of look when they other side was speaking.   Just a waste of time.
And this is why the founders did not want there to be political parties. They saw political parties as a huge issue. The only constituency you were supposed to have was your District if you are Congressman, your state if you were a senator or the country as a whole if you were the president. This is why the Electoral College needs to go it no longer operates in the fashion it was meant to because it's been completely bastardized by the parties.

And this is why the founders did not want there to be political parties. They saw political parties as a huge issue. The only constituency you were supposed to have was your District if you are Congressman, your state if you were a senator or the country as a whole if you were the president. This is why the Electoral College needs to go it no longer operates in the fashion it was meant to because it's been completely bastardized by the parties.
I saw a show on this once but it will never happen.  Some political pundit would like to see every area of congress and senate with an exact 50-50 split of representation.   Make the parties work together to get things down, make people cross over on deals, make it so you can go one way on one deal and the other way on the next deal, make it so everything is not the party line way.

Right...But I am curious who this board thinks will come out ahead after these ridiculous political games are over.

But but but..its their DUTTYYYYYY to do this. And act like utter children apparently, all for the hope of finding something..

And the clock just keeps ticking.   

Users who are viewing this thread