What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

What are the characteristics we've always hated about politicians? (1 Viewer)

urbanhack

Fight The Power!
Lying?

Hypocrisy?

Pandering?

Special Interests / Swampy?

Disingenuous?

What else am I missing?

Lying?

Hypocrisy?

Pandering?

Disingenuous?

What else am I missing?
Consider the possibility that politicians values reflect the values of the electorate. It's a lot more palatable to most people to blame the pols instead of blaming themselves for electing people who tell them what they want to hear. 

That they have morphed it into a job rather than a duty to country.
Yes, there is an aspect that they are climbers and ambitious which people don't like (even though in most other areas people would consider being ambitious good). George Washington was very smart in this area. He always downplayed his ambition and acted as if everything he in politics was done reluctantly. He read religiously but often acted if he wasn't very well read. He was 6'3" but when asked would say he was only 6 feet. He recognized people are more comfortable giving power to people who don't seem to be grasping for it.

Lying is pretty high on the list for me.    I can understand skewing statistics a bit to fit your agenda but if you have to outright lie to justify your position then you shouldn't be in office.

I think I've decided that the 2 dealbreakers at the top of my list are "gaslighting" and "flirting with authoritarianism".

Lying?

Hypocrisy?

Pandering?

Disingenuous?

What else am I missing?
Is this a list of what we don’t like about politicians or how you would describe our current President? For me the answer is yes either way.

Lying?

Hypocrisy?

Pandering?

Disingenuous?
Interesting that all the above apply to Trump, which he demonstrates on almost a daily basis. but his base and supporters really don't care.

Last edited by a moderator:
Being For Sale is far and away the biggest issue.  It’s acts in the exact opposite of what the position stands for.  

Users who are viewing this thread