What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Conservative boards banning members that speak out against Trump (1 Viewer)

I made one post in the comment section of a Fox News story and got banned.  They ran a story about the Dean of Business at Rider University stepping down over a story about Chic-Fil-A.  I have personal knowledge of the story and they left out key details that didn't fit with their narrative. Since then I have no access to any comments on any story at Fox News. So much for being accurate.   :shrug:

ETA: just checked the Rider website and as I predicted 2 months ago, she still hasn't stepped down.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pretty much every single conservative/right/Pro-Trump sub over at Reddit will ban you faster than you can say “Stormy Daniels” if you make ANY post that could be considered anti-Trump.

People using the Footballguys Board to talk about unfair other boards have treated them. 

I'm not sure I can handle this. 
Actually I think he was using the Footballguys Board to subtly point out how silly it is for other Footballguys to talk about how unfair the Footballguys board has treated them.

And yet here I was banned for two freaking weeks for referring to him as a POS.  And I didn't even type the words, just POS.
That'll do it every time. Sorry. 

Now we're getting back to FBG is the worst. All is right. 

I appreciate the recent change in policy on this. We know it wasn't the case when Hillary and Obama were the targets of that slur.
Several things have changed over the last few years. If we're honest, part of that too is Obama and Hillary Clinton saw nothing near the level of opposition Trump has seen. Here and everywhere else. Not saying it's not deserved. Just saying it's way more now. 

Several things have changed over the last few years. If we're honest, part of that too is Obama and Hillary Clinton saw nothing near the level of opposition Trump has seen. Here and everywhere else. Not saying it's not deserved. Just saying it's way more now. 
Not sure I agree with you on this.  Obama and Hillary had lots of opposition.   But the main difference is that President Trump feeds off the opposition and IMO encourages it by his actions. 

No way would President Trump last a week on this board.  ;)   he trolls so often it is being accepted as normal.

Not sure I agree with you on this.  Obama and Hillary had lots of opposition.   But the main difference is that President Trump feeds off the opposition and IMO encourages it by his actions. 

No way would President Trump last a week on this board.  ;)   he trolls so often it is being accepted as normal.
Thanks. I'm certain Trump sees way more opposition. I'm fascinated to see Obama / Clinton folks take that as a sleight that their people aren't winning in the "who got the most opposition" contest. It's not remotely close. And it's ok.

And you're right though. It's a sad statement that the President Of the United States would likely be suspended for trolling if he posted here the things he tweets. 

Hey, it's no party here either. I think i could convert a lot of boardsters to conservatism if i could just show the picture i found of Barry Goldwater in yoga pants, but....

wazoo11 said:
I was banned from Tigerdroppings and the Donald for posting a link about his tax returns.

How is this fair and balanced? Why is his base against learning about the truth?
You have to be really ####### terrible to get banned at tigerdroppings, congrats?

My guess is you are just straight up lying like Jussie to get attention.

Here is their thread on tax returns, on page 1 there are multiple posters who would fit in here that are not banned

Feel free to link your profile over there and I will verify if you were banned, until then your story is suspect.

McJose said:
Pretty much every single conservative/right/Pro-Trump sub over at Reddit will ban you faster than you can say “Stormy Daniels” if you make ANY post that could be considered anti-Trump.
Meh. A designated niche sub banning people for being off topic is common practice.

r/politics is a sub that it supposed to be unbiased and is always on the front page, if you post anything questioning the propaganda they will ban you faster than Aaron when he gets a PM from one of you guys.

Meh. A designated niche sub banning people for being off topic is common practice.

r/politics is a sub that it supposed to be unbiased and is always on the front page, if you post anything questioning the propaganda they will ban you faster than Aaron when he gets a PM from one of you guys.
You don’t have to be off topic to get banned from thedonald or /r/conservative.  All you have to do is post something against the grain.  

As far as /r/politics goes...I have no idea about banning. But it is obvious that if you post any link that is right-leaning it will be downvoted to oblivion.

POS is a slur now? Oh brother...
I'm simply astounded that you can't call a politician a POS on this bored.  I'd be long gone were it not for the community of interesting people that Joe and company had nothing to do with other than offering a place that initially interested all of us.  

But this stupid moderation will eventually be the downfall of this place and it's sad.  I was a double digit member on the original bored.

I'm simply astounded that you can't call a politician a POS on this bored.  I'd be long gone were it not for the community of interesting people that Joe and company had nothing to do with other than offering a place that initially interested all of us.  

But this stupid moderation will eventually be the downfall of this place and it's sad.  I was a double digit member on the original bored.
TDS isn’t allowed either and it’s on display everyday here.

Ah yes, nothing ever changes.

I'm really not hating Joe, your and David's idea created an amazing online community, however this ridiculous level of nannying is strangling it.

But we'll see I guess. 
You're exactly right, @James Daulton. We'll see.

In some fun ways, it's been a super interesting social experiment. 

Can we survive as a group of mostly dorky cargo short wearing old white guys and have a caring and vibrant community without allowing them to call people "deranged" when they're not or "POS" or let them locker room talk and gawk over yoga pant pictures? 

I'm guessing yes. But I'm completely ok with no. Always have been.

We'll see.

wazoo11 said:
I was banned from Tigerdroppings and the Donald for posting a link about his tax returns.

How is this fair and balanced? Why is his base against learning about the truth?
Good news......you’ve come to the right place. Feel free to meltdown daily, you are safe here.  

Can we survive as a group of mostly dorky cargo short wearing old white guys and have a caring and vibrant community without allowing them to call people "deranged" when they're not or "POS" or let them locker room talk and gawk over yoga pant pictures? 

We'll see.
I've met about two dozen posters here over the years and this isn't an accurate description of any of them. Possibly @General Malaiseon a bad day with the cargo pants but he's the tops. 

We'll see.
You seem like a real good guy Joe. 

Good news......you’ve come to the right place. Feel free to meltdown daily, you are safe here.  
Was checking in here to get in before the “your in a safe place now” post from the pro-Trump crowd.  Looks like I was beat by a few mins....

We'll see.
That’s the great thing about owning your own business, getting to make decisions like this.  Kudos to you, you do you Joe (even if I do miss the yoga pants thread lol).  

Because we're not going to mock Mental Health and call people "deranged" when they are not. 

I'm done discussing it. 
It has nothing to do with mental health. How about this.....you come with a term that we can use when ridiculous stuff is posted about Trump and anyone that supports him.

Absolutely. Use "I think this thing posted about Trump is ridiculous". 

Seriously, last thing from me on it. Drop it now and move on if you want to keep posting here. 
Joe...I don’t insult people, I try to be excellent, I don’t stir the pot. Yet this is what I get. Sigh

Users who are viewing this thread