What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Who will win the 2019 NFL defensive rookie of the year award? (1 Viewer)

I think White will because I feel like he’s going to be in a great position for high tackle volume from day 1. He is also a ridiculous athlete, I think he will be a stud and my choice for DROY at this moment. 

Doesn't seem like a suspenseful race, honestly. Probably the least amount of rookie LBs with a locked in starting role in a while, no? DE is a rare spot for a rookie impact worthy of DROY so it feels like a two horse race. I'll go with Devin. 😛

Easy mode answer is still Devin. :)

Bush... led rookies in tackles and had a few splash plays. But he sure looks like he started strong and finished weak (stats based, as I didn't see much of his actual game play). 

Devin White missed time early but finished strong. Probably not getting the nod over Bush simply based on stats.

Greenlaw should be in the conversation as a guy that blew up and really ran away with his opportunity but only 8 weeks as a sample size for starting snaps makes him an unlikely choice.

Probably going to a DE this year.

Bosa should warrant consideration as a disruptive player and he put up great stats. Probably between him and Bush, if I were to guess. I'd choose Bosa if I were voting. 

Allen was good for the Jags but I can't see any way he gets it over Bosa.

I googled it to see what the race looks like and found odds for it. lol... gotta love vegas.

Nick Bosa SF EDGE 2nd Overall -450

Devin Bush PIT ILB 10th Overall +600

Josh Allen JAX EDGE 7th Overall +800

Brian Burns CAR EDGE16th Overall +1400

Darnell Savage Jr GBS 21st Overall +2500

Why would you even bet on that? :shrug:

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread