What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

How much of the Mueller report have you read? (1 Viewer)

It's 448 pages in case you were wondering...

• Some or all of Barr's summary but none of the Mueller report

Votes: 4 8.3%
  • A little bit (ten pages or less)

Votes: 10 20.8%
  • Around 10% give or take (between 10 pages and 50 pages)

Votes: 5 10.4%
  • A decent amount, like 25% (around 100 pages)

• About half (approx 200 pages)

Votes: 8 16.7%
  • Almost all of it

Votes: 7 14.6%
  • I'm a true patriot--all 448 pages include the appendices

• Nothing from Barr, nothing from Mueller

Votes: 11 22.9%

• Total voters

pecorino

Footballguy
I recently posted that I thought a very small percentage of folks have read a big chunk of the Mueller report. I've read most of it. How about you?

I'm a little over halfway through.

I finished Volume I and have read through the summary of Volume II

The entire second volume.  Seems to be the only part still in question from a legal perspective 
I focused on Volume II as well. Fewer Russian names made it easier to read. Plus, I had seen what I thought was obstruction with my own eyes so I was more interested to see the legal take on that evidence.

I've read 10 pages or less. I do want to read the whole thing but will wait a bit to see if an unredacted (or less redacted) version is forthcoming.

I don’t know the answer. I read the tables of contents and the executive summaries for each volume as soon as the report was released. Since then, I’ve skipped around to different sections reading ~5 pages at a time here and there in no particular order, just whatever I was interested in at the moment, and I don’t have a good estimate for how much that’s added up to. I voted 25%, but it’s probably more than that.

Everyone who posts in this forum should at a minimum read these.
Question for you or anyone that has done further reading.... obviously the full report contains a substantial amount of detail that can't be captured in a summary. But do you find that the additional detail really adds to your understanding? Or do you think the summaries are adequate?

Last edited by a moderator:
Question for you or anyone that has done further reading.... obviously the full report contains a substantial amount of detail that can't be captured in a summary. But do you find that the additional detail really adds to your understanding? Or do you think the summaries are adequate?
I can only speak to the first volume, but I do think it added to my understanding. It’s incredibly detailed and overwhelming to fully comprehend, so I understand why not everyone wants to read it. The summary does a good job

There aren't a lot of wasted sentences in the full report. It's packed with dense statements of fact (with citations to supporting evidence), so no summary will give you the same experience as reading the report itself.

That said, if you're looking for a good summary, the Wikipedia article about it is impressively comprehensive for how concise it is (or maybe impressively concise for how comprehensive it is).

I agree with MT.

I read most of it.  TBH, the summaries were more confusing than just reading the content.  Lots of double negatives in the summaries,  tip-toeing around specific conclusions.

Debated picking up a copy last time I was at the bookstore but decided against it. Maybe next time.

I had this very discussion just today with two people at lunch. Not friends of mine, my brother’s business acquaintances. - I just think it’s interesting when people talk about this stuff to ask if they’ve read the report. If they haven’t then what are they basing their opinion on? And if they have what do they think, aside from the decision to not make a prosecutorial decision for lack of jurisdiction, is the event, anecdote or factual detail which best explains why Trump is exonerated or guilty of xyz. 

The entire second volume.  Seems to be the only part still in question from a legal perspective 
That’s funny because I’m kind of the opposite. I think vol. II is mostly a clear case against Trump. It’s just repeated hammering of his bad deeds. For me vol. I is most interesting because the interactions are more subtle and overall is a campaign to penetrate a presidential campaign. Just all these little pings by Russians. And reading it I thought the case was a lot closer than is being discussed. I mean it is close IMO, campaign finance is the closest, and then the espionage angle is just wild - I understand these dolts  didn’t appreciate the history of spycraft or the national security concerns, but my god it’s story after story of Russians just popping into their sphere. And it’s also evident to me the Trump team closed ranks against the investigation, and there is tons of lying to cover up. These are people who at the same time are resting on their stupidity as a defense. It’s complex and interesting. I think the Mueller team must have been pretty vexed.

Last edited by a moderator:
There aren't a lot of wasted sentences in the full report. It's packed with dense statements of fact (with citations to supporting evidence), so no summary will give you the same experience as reading the report itself.

That said, if you're looking for a good summary, the Wikipedia article about it is impressively comprehensive for how concise it is (or maybe impressively concise for how comprehensive it is).
I found the text to be dense, too, but also abundantly clear. The timelines made it read like a series of episodes, and Mueller did a good job articulating the patterns that he noticed. I found it to be compelling reading.

Yes.  Do you know of anyone who has changed their opinion after reading it?
Almost no one I know read it. We are all so busy at work. My opinion was effected only on the margins in that there were passages that conveyed more strategy and forethought than I thought Trump was capable of. But then there were other passages in which I was surprised at just how needy he is and really transparent after seeing the timelines. So, no, the needle did not move for me, specifically.

I will say that I knew little about Mueller two years ago, a bit more after reading a great article in Wired several months back, but this document really says a lot about the man. Kind of like playing golf with someone—you can glean a lot about a person by the way they comport themselves. All of the positive praise I had heard about Mueller came through in my reading. I am aware that he probably literally wrote very little of the actual text but as the point person, his precision, care, and comprehensiveness really shone through.

Users who are viewing this thread