What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Of Lillies & Remains - A One Year Hiatus/A Maximum Ripoff/D&D Dumb Down Westeros/Happy Birfday Sid Vish *** An Honorable Travers *** (1 Viewer)

otb_lifer

Footballguy
that took a minute, no?

exactly one year to the day - howdy  :banned:

the PSF is full of more "not being excellent" and ill will than any post/thread that celebrated the wimmyns. it's a cesspool. 

waffled all Derby week between Tacitus and Maximum Security as my key horse - went with the #7 due to the extreme off track conditions (yes, i had Country House in the spread, he had the second fastest wet Byer in the field). as they crossed the line, i saw i had 'em all down through the top 5, at least ... was in the throes of a massive backyard celebration when my gf yelled out that there was an objection ... i'll leave your imaginations to fill in the rest. (hinthinthint - police were deputized, Max Sec was gypped more than i was, areyou#######kiddingme?).

GoT has devolved into pure Hollywood pablum - this is Michael Bay level ####!  looooong gone are the days of intrigue and catastrophic consequence ... we now are treated to "GOTCHA!!!!!" moments on the reg.  excuse me whilst i vomit. thanks.  watching Arya wipe out an eight year arc with a move straight out the WWF was hysterically awful.  have at it, kids - the entire affair has been dumbed down for the popcorn cabal.  oh, hai, GRRM  :bye:

John Simon Ritchie would've turned 62 today ... fans get the heroes they deserve - or is it the other way around? i will always cherish how i learned not to play bass from that cat. 

so, we gots a full blown music board now, eh?  jeez, where to jump in   :shrug:

@rockaction - i appreciate the call out threads.  very much so. 

MoCS, Wik, EG - ditto you all, as well. 

soooo ... day drinking?

join me.

missed the banter up with you and the usual lot of heads who frequently populate our respective threads ... ya know?  i heard ya, man

fot the birday boi

:banned:
So perfect. Guess who drafted this song as his cover song in the Punk Draft we had -- that you missed, ####er.

At 9.9 of the punk draft, rockaction selects for his choice of cover song...

https://youtu.be/RbP468JbCzI

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15ZlolQlYNAovARMr41slssQpMy6lRWtvuOJcHiFQcWk/edit#gid=0

Last edited by a moderator:
So perfect. Guess who drafted this song as his cover song in the Punk Draft we had -- that you missed, ####er.

At 9.9 of the punk draft, rockaction selects for his choice of cover song...

https://youtu.be/RbP468JbCzI

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/15ZlolQlYNAovARMr41slssQpMy6lRWtvuOJcHiFQcWk/edit#gid=0
Eddie Cochrane begot Sid and a ton of that ilk ...

Gene Vincent and Link Wray and Elvis and Berry and Mr. Mojo Risin' and Keef and the Davies were massive earlier cats as well - oh, and ? from the Mysterians ... 96 Tears, baby

what is this punx rox draft you speak of? punk is dissected, not drafted  :ptts:  

i'm in Babylon rt now, lookin' for a kiss ... viva the LIdoubleR

oh, btw ... been checking the Stones thread a bit - your break down of the respective periods read better than a Lester Bangs opus - it's flowing like Ripple, baby

did either of these  two make the cut? 

good lawd, i hope the Jam got sum luv
The Jam did get some love at some point. Went late with Richard Hell, I think.

Neither of those two were drafted. I went 2010-beyond or gave love to the '90s, aside from requirements.  

The Jam did get some love at some point. Went late with Richard Hell, I think.

Neither of those two were drafted. I went 2010-beyond or gave love to the '90s, aside from requirements.  
tough call for me venturing anywhere out the '80s, and i even get queasy tossing love to the genre that late ... i still contend Rotten stuck a fork in it on the Winterland stage in 1/78, Sid cremated it in 10/78, and Lydon pissed all over the charade a few months later. 

we have agreed to disagree on this many times ... i still dig the sonic landscape and healthy nihilism of the aftermath, but the political sideshow doomed it to a mere circle jerk (pun intended) for me ...

tough call for me venturing anywhere out the '80s, and i even get queasy tossing love to the genre that late ... i still contend Rotten stuck a fork in it on the Winterland stage in 1/78, Sid cremated it in 10/78, and Lydon pissed all over the charade a few months later. 

we have agreed to disagree on this many times ... i still dig the sonic landscape and healthy nihilism of the aftermath, but the political sideshow doomed it to a mere circle jerk (pun intended) for me ...
Italicized is a yup.

Bolded is also a yup. 

See, you came back to constancy!

that took a minute, no?

exactly one year to the day - howdy  :banned:

the PSF is full of more "not being excellent" and ill will than any post/thread that celebrated the wimmyns. it's a cesspool. 

waffled all Derby week between Tacitus and Maximum Security as my key horse - went with the #7 due to the extreme off track conditions (yes, i had Country House in the spread, he had the second fastest wet Byer in the field). as they crossed the line, i saw i had 'em all down through the top 5, at least ... was in the throes of a massive backyard celebration when my gf yelled out that there was an objection ... i'll leave your imaginations to fill in the rest. (hinthinthint - police were deputized, Max Sec was gypped more than i was, areyou#######kiddingme?).

GoT has devolved into pure Hollywood pablum - this is Michael Bay level ####!  looooong gone are the days of intrigue and catastrophic consequence ... we now are treated to "GOTCHA!!!!!" moments on the reg.  excuse me whilst i vomit. thanks.  watching Arya wipe out an eight year arc with a move straight out the WWF was hysterically awful.  have at it, kids - the entire affair has been dumbed down for the popcorn cabal.  oh, hai, GRRM  :bye:

John Simon Ritchie would've turned 62 today ... fans get the heroes they deserve - or is it the other way around? i will always cherish how i learned not to play bass from that cat. 

so, we gots a full blown music board now, eh?  jeez, where to jump in   :shrug:

@rockaction - i appreciate the call out threads.  very much so. 

MoCS, Wik, EG - ditto you all, as well. 

soooo ... day drinking?

join me.
Work ends in 58 mins

I'm in

:cheers:

Drink'n?! 

Me?

I had my brew-limit fer the year on Oaks Day - it was sweet, but I'm done wit da sauce till next Derby Week. ☹️

Will a big ol'pipe a do? 😍
MOX, you incorrigible bastid!

you hosting my Derby dalliance next year?  i'll park my ### right on yer ####### lawn, ya hear?

Work ends in 58 mins

I'm in

:cheers:
good to see ya, Cowboy! how'd the derby do ya?

SALUDÉ!  :banned:

MOX, you incorrigible bastid!

you hosting my Derby dalliance next year?  i'll park my ### right on yer ####### lawn, ya hear?
I rented my house out to a professional party service this year ---

--- but, if ya comes next year, you can park yer asss right on my face, if needed...

---eh---

wait,,,,

No - strike that!

You can sleep i my bed tho - with my wife even...

Yeah. 

That'll be ok.

I rented my house out to a professional party service this year ---

--- but, if ya comes next year, you can park yer asss right on my face, if needed...

---eh---

wait,,,,

No - strike that!

You can sleep i my bed tho - with my wife even...

Yeah. 

That'll be ok.
will be the best 'stache i ever did rode, pardner (NTTAWWT)

ooohhh, errrr ... didn't know 'bout wifey? how does she manage?  :D  tell ya whut, im'ma be hitting Keeneland for the Fall meet, road trippin' with some goombahs ... we see the digz then, mah man

Didn't win any $.

Had drinks and a good time though!
that was me until it wasn't me after it was me on the DQ 

will be the best 'stache i ever did rode, pardner (NTTAWWT)
DAMN RIGHT!!!

ooohhh, errrr ... didn't know 'bout wifey? how does she manage?
Well - not good lately - she is about 15 psi too low... :(

I think it's all the 'stache-rides... 😥

However, her mood good. 😀

tell ya whut, im'ma be hitting Keeneland for the Fall meet, road trippin' with some goombahs ... we see the digz then, mah man
Absolutely!!!!

I pump-up da wifey, and we'll be dere! 😎

Welcome back.  Your input in the Derby thread was sorely missed.  I broke my cherry and went this year; haven't had the inclination to post a recap until just now.  Thank you for providing that.

On the one hand, I found Louisville to be one of the greatest American treats of a city this country has to offer.  The food, drink, hospitality; exceptional, all.  

On the other hand, this.  That's me and my GB @Thorn who kept me alive on Oaks day when he didn't have to.  I would have left me to rot on Frankfort Ave.  But not Thorn and @Guster.  Those two are the only reason why I'm sucking oxygen right now.

Oaks Day gets an 11 out of 10 on the GM scale of fun.  Whole lotta this going on that day.  I won a few races but took a deep bath on a $250 Daily Double wager.  Was convinced Bellafina would get beat, but had the wrong longshot to top her.  But Jimmy Crack Corn and I don't care, it was one of the best days of my stupid life.  Memories get foggy fast; see the pic above for proof.

Derby Day can #### right off.  I'll never bet another horse race again as long as I live.  I had $50 Win/Place on the 7.  It was the one bet I was most sure of.  I was right.  I had the best horse that day and I got absolutely bent over and sodomized.  I watched the replays, bullspit that was grounds for a DQ.  Between the crowds, the torrential rain and screw job from Churchill, I won't ever bet another race.  Sport is crooked and it can #### off forever.  It's taken the last of my dollars.  

Cheers to Hertz for upgrading me gratis to a Ram 1500 full size pickup for our drive down from Chicago to Louisville.  Jeers to Southwest for cancelling our flight from Chicago to Louisville with no reason given and no effort to reschedule us to another flight.  Applause to the Gralehouse, Doc Crow's and Con Huevos for having amazing food and beverages.   A giant WTF to Time Out tavern in Mt. Washington for advertising a great draft beer selection with the headline being Fat Tire.  Seriously?  

This has been GM for YouTube travel

ETA, yeah that Politics Forum is toxic.  I can't stomach it.  

And while I miss the ability to ogle women here, I talked to Joe in person about it and it was a business decision that had to be made.  I don't like it, but I understand it.  

Stick around here, GB.  You make this place better with or without your keen eye for pulchritude.  

@General Malaise

i missed the Derby thread a great deal ... it definitely assisted my 'capping, what with fleshing out all the preps, etc ... a labor of love, for sure.  now on to the Preakness, looks to be a real chaotic field, with coin to be had - Max sitting it out!  we wide open, baby!

as far as your souring on the sport ... look, one thing we all know as horse players is that the #### is so effin' crooked it makes boxing look like tiddlywinks with the Dalai Lama ... and i always took comfort in that, inasmuch that i knew my passion for the game could never get besmirched by finding out the truth - it stares us in the face every damn day ... and because it is not cohesively legislated through a proper national commision, it will remain so.   the Max DQ was a shining example of the mutha ####### not being able to get out their own damn way!  yeah, i lost a boatload in potential moolah, and in the spread to wager (close to a grand when all the combos and exotics were added up).

i think that call had more to do with the two dozen carcasses that littered Santa Anita in the winter than it did with Max veering out into a bathtub like puddle at the top of the stretch .... now, thanks to WinWinWin, and his remarkable balance/resiliency, we were spared what could've potentially been a 10-12 horse pileup, resulting in multiple horses being put down on the track, and a few jocks heading straight for toe tags - in the midst of a humongous day for the sport (see Eight Belles and RUFFIAN), the eyes of the world were on Churchill, and, had WinWinWin buckled, well ... on the heels of Santa Anita? yeah, we would be looking straight at a Congressional BAN - i firmly believe that.  sure, we ripped tickets up, but this rag-tag betting showcase got to drag it's rotting ####### carcass on to the next race ... those of us who love it were spared a most gruesome and swift demise. 

glad to see your trip had some bright spots, the good looks like it was elevated to GREAT, while the bad was dredged down to a nadir few events can match.  when will they EVER give one flyin' fiddler's #### about us punters?

@General Malaise

i missed the Derby thread a great deal ... it definitely assisted my 'capping, what with fleshing out all the preps, etc ... a labor of love, for sure.  now on to the Preakness, looks to be a real chaotic field, with coin to be had - Max sitting it out!  we wide open, baby!

as far as your souring on the sport ... look, one thing we all know as horse players is that the #### is so effin' crooked it makes boxing look like tiddlywinks with the Dalai Lama ... and i always took comfort in that, inasmuch that i knew my passion for the game could never get besmirched by finding out the truth - it stares us in the face every damn day ... and because it is not cohesively legislated through a proper national commision, it will remain so.   the Max DQ was a shining example of the mutha ####### not being able to get out their own damn way!  yeah, i lost a boatload in potential moolah, and in the spread to wager (close to a grand when all the combos and exotics were added up).

i think that call had more to do with the two dozen carcasses that littered Santa Anita in the winter than it did with Max veering out into a bathtub like puddle at the top of the stretch .... now, thanks to WinWinWin, and his remarkable balance/resiliency, we were spared what could've potentially been a 10-12 horse pileup, resulting in multiple horses being put down on the track in the midst of a humongous day for the sport (see Eight Belles and RUFFIAN), the eyes of the world were on Churchill, and, had WinWinWin buckled, well ... on the heels of Santa Anita? yeah, we would be looking straight at a Congressional BAN - i firmly believe that.  sure, we ripped tickets up, but this rag-tag betting showcase got to drag it's rotting ####### carcass on to the next race ... those of us who love it were spared a most gruesome and swift demise. 

glad to see your trip had some bright spots, the good looks like it was elevated to GREAT, while the bad was dredged down to a nadir few events can match.  when will they EVER give one flyin' fiddker's #### about us punters?
Just makes me soooooooooooooooooooooo mad!  :hot:

I kept the ticket.  Will show my grandkids one day if I make it that long and I don' t know that I will the way I was last Friday night.....

Just makes me soooooooooooooooooooooo mad!  :hot:

I kept the ticket.  Will show my grandkids one day if I make it that long and I don' t know that I will the way I was last Friday night.....
it's a #####, that's for damn sure ... but, for every facacta DQ we get days like Mine That Bird and Giacomo ... it has the hooks in me.  this Preakness will yield. 

DAMN RIGHT!!!

Well - not good lately - she is about 15 psi too low... :(

I think it's all the 'stache-rides... 😥

However, her mood good. 😀

Absolutely!!!!

I pump-up da wifey, and we'll be dere! 😎
:clap:

yeah, my quote chopped the flow of the glorious madness you just spit ... but i wouldn't have it any other way - it's the bridge, baby. 

OH, AND SNOW IS GONNA KILL DANY!  #### YEAH! 

well, at least that's what i see ... him or Sansa  :wub:

Welcome back.  Your input in the Derby thread was sorely missed.  I broke my cherry and went this year; haven't had the inclination to post a recap until just now.  Thank you for providing that.

On the one hand, I found Louisville to be one of the greatest American treats of a city this country has to offer.  The food, drink, hospitality; exceptional, all.  

On the other hand, this.  That's me and my GB @Thorn who kept me alive on Oaks day when he didn't have to.  I would have left me to rot on Frankfort Ave.  But not Thorn and @Guster.  Those two are the only reason why I'm sucking oxygen right now.

Oaks Day gets an 11 out of 10 on the GM scale of fun.  Whole lotta this going on that day.  I won a few races but took a deep bath on a $250 Daily Double wager.  Was convinced Bellafina would get beat, but had the wrong longshot to top her.  But Jimmy Crack Corn and I don't care, it was one of the best days of my stupid life.  Memories get foggy fast; see the pic above for proof.

Derby Day can #### right off.  I'll never bet another horse race again as long as I live.  I had $50 Win/Place on the 7.  It was the one bet I was most sure of.  I was right.  I had the best horse that day and I got absolutely bent over and sodomized.  I watched the replays, bullspit that was grounds for a DQ.  Between the crowds, the torrential rain and screw job from Churchill, I won't ever bet another race.  Sport is crooked and it can #### off forever.  It's taken the last of my dollars.  

Cheers to Hertz for upgrading me gratis to a Ram 1500 full size pickup for our drive down from Chicago to Louisville.  Jeers to Southwest for cancelling our flight from Chicago to Louisville with no reason given and no effort to reschedule us to another flight.  Applause to the Gralehouse, Doc Crow's and Con Huevos for having amazing food and beverages.   A giant WTF to Time Out tavern in Mt. Washington for advertising a great draft beer selection with the headline being Fat Tire.  Seriously?  

And while I miss the ability to ogle women here, I talked to Joe in person about it and it was a business decision that had to be made.  I don't like it, but I understand it.  

Stick around here, GB.  You make this place better with or without your keen eye for pulchritude.  
That chick in the background is really giving you guys the evil eye

Nice recap, GM.

Sorry bout the face... ☹️

Thanks for the nice things said bout Louisville. 

Anyways, I am inspired to reciprocate, but I need to upload my photos first.

OTB - I posted a bit about my Oaks Day in various threads here (real-time), and they are kinda hard to find - s0 - since you have always been tolerant of my verbosity, I will bomb yer new Lilies thread with my own lily tale later.

Perhaps it will inspire for your comin' trip to Keeneland - and our potential for awesome...

Kentucky bourbon, edible cannabis and gravity.
Of the three - I woulda cut out the gravity...
Oh, one other thing - about the gravity...

If it makes you feel any better, I also fell down once on Oaks Day - dancing late night.

My bud caught it on video too. I wasn't drunk, rather I tried a dance move that is years past my ability - and with my F'd up foot - well - gravity... 

Luckily, I landed on my butt and back - both of which, look better than your face. 😕

I can live with that...

<------- I'm a Jaime boy now...
ya know that where i come from that's pronounced "Hy-mee", and said named dude from 'round here is far from a blue eyed Euro ... just don't shout the name around members of the Tribe ... it's complicated, ya dig?

as far as yer verbosity - yeah, i caught a call out ya did about Oakie day in the Genrepalooza thread - i've wanted to Hipple quite a bit of ####, but i am in transit like a mo' this afternoon.  

Have you gotten yourself to a serene state in regard to board moderation?
yeah, to a certain extent, lest i wouldn't be here. 

when GM said Joe told him in person that it was a biz decision, so be it - and i could see the rub ... 

thing is, people say "well, i can see hot chix anywhere on the innerwebz, so no big deal" - and they're right- and i'm obviously cognizant of said fact, seeing as how i imported pix from said sites to here.  

and that was the hook ... was great having that thread of mine here, along with the yoga pants, to make the FFA a one stop shop, so to speak.  was cool having all co-mingling with my Derby thread, all of the top notch music talk, the GoT sounding board, the movie discussions (helping @krista4 gain an appreciation for "Texas Chainsaw Massacre" was exemplary), etc. 

i do get that the "Who's Hottest" threads ran the #### amok ... i remember Derby day last year, and it seemed like everytime i updated the thread it was pushed way the #### down to page bottom, or to page two! (there were only 25 topics per page back then) - i counted roughly 12 "Who's Hottest" clogging the front page that day ... no ####.   now, i participated a few times, but never really got the big draw outta ranking these citizens ... hey, to each their own, but, man ... it was tsunami like for a stretch.  just ... WOW.  

i will allow that a similar thread to my "In Praise of the Ladies" was nuked in summer of '16, in the wee hours of a Sunday morn - that banishment i was cool with, because the post that crumpled the house down was ... well, downright filthy. so, yeah, i kinda got the gist, and did not see it as over zealous at all.  

i waited a year or so, then unveiled the "In Praise Of" ... tried to keep it as close to the vest as Joe had asked, but liberties were taken, and i honestly thought it lasted far longer than it should have, given the restraints that were laid out ... it was a short leash, and i was straining like a rabid Pit on it.  choking. 

what spurred my self banning was the lack of warning ... maybe they were running the "give him enough rope ....." slow play gig with me/it -  dunno, it was never fleshed - but i knew they were bogged down with the weight of the "Who's Hottest" conundrum, soooo baby with the bath water.  CHECK. archaic moral compass? ehhhh.  

i try and keep it light up on this mutha ... not gonna get into politics or religion, etc on a message board - i am dug in very deep with my convictions, and i know no one is gonna make me see any light they're tossing counter to my beliefs ... and i am absolutely certain the opposite holds true. and so it goes. 

ergo, i don't worry 'bout moderation in the general sense given those parameters ... the PSF is relegated to it's own miserable lil' corner, and that's a very beautiful reality.  

this is how it plays as of this minute.  

:coffee:

may have had something to do with MOX, that's his neck o'the woods ...awaiting his pix, and alibi for this here tomfoolery. 
Alrighty, OTB - snap on yer seat belt, cause I'm take'n ya fer a ride... (though I apologize for the raw version of this story; I've not had time to polish it yet.)

While you were away, I had some health issues (not important now - things are going in right direction presently), and I lost about 40 lbs over the past year. So, when Oaks Day rolled up, none of my good pants fit. Thus, I found an old (unused) pair that I accidentally acquired. I was shoppin' about 4 years ago, and when I left the store, I heard some dude exclaim - where's my pants?! Well, the clerk had accidentally put em in my bag...and...luckily...they NOW FIT - after 4 years of doin' nutten' fer me! (Yeah - I shoulda returned them - sue me.) So, after some OK's from the fashion police here - I was now ready for Oaks Day, plus...I was put into a fashion mind by my pals here. Thnx guys! And, that set the stage...

My day began at 10 am, when I was dropped off at the track. I went into the Paddocks/Infield zone. I was expecting a friend from Costa Rica (and the rest of my old pals) at 1 pm, so I had a few hours to kill. After checking out the scene briefly, I decided that I needed a few tokes --- so --- I went into the men's room under the stands (paddock area). 

The bathroom situation was still good for men - at this hour - but it was already starting to suck for the women. Thus, just as I lit my 1st one-hit, I heard a commotion goin' on in the room. Apparently, a female had decided to enter our abode. Within a few seconds, I saw these sandal'd toes pout'n up at me from the stall next door.

My breath was taken away. I told her - thru the wall - you have beautiful toes. She laughed and said thank you. Now, I am no perv, so I left it at that. I figured she was gonna get some harsh remarks on the way out...so....

By the time she had left, the room began to notice my emissions ....  where's the smoke?, began to refrain across the room. I kept quiet. Slipped out without any notice. My pants may have helped.

Now, in the hours waiting for my pals, I decided to people watch/hunt, as I strolled the paddocks. This is perhaps one of my favorite things to do evah! As you know, I am kind of a semi-pro photographer - or was - nothing recent. But, during the years I was active, I discovered a very efficient way to coax others into a photograph. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to bring in our DSLRs, so I had to modify my approach to account for my lack of accouterments. 

I would approach anyone who I thought looked righteous - and I would explain to them that I was doing a fashion hunt for the FBGs Forum (true enough) & I made sure to tell all of them that I would be posting their pictures here. (Well, I'm not gonna post all of them - that would be too verbose even for me.) In the process, I spent a good while getting to know each group. I will post my favorites below - in order of the day:

Bryan was an artist from Paris. This was his first time in the states. He spoke English well, but I did speak a little French with him - he even understood some of it. His suit smoldered! And his friends were equally interesting. I spent about an hour with this group - well worth my time. 

The Blue Suit Crew came next. They were locals, so I only spent about 15 minutes with them. They were fun, but offered nothing exotic. Also, I was getting bored with dudes...

Next, I hooked up with Jim and Beenie. They are from my neighborhood, so I only caught up with them briefly before moving on to other things. Which mainly consisted of other local friends at this point: locals 1; Pink Out; Joyce & Cara

Finally, I met my CR friend and the rest of my old gang. It was freak'n fabulous. I had not seen many of these folks since high school. I am not going to post any pics here, as some don't wanna be on the net - I respect that. I hung with them and had a few beers. However, I continued to break off periodically to meet new folks.

Mainly --- Heather. She is from the east - Baltimore maybe? I can't really remember, but I spent as much time as possible with her. Sadly, it was only about 20 minutes. My game ain't that great. 

After that, it was sadly back to more dudes & dudes  ---- but finally I broke the curse with Denise and Daryl. I think I had a shot at Denise, but I ain't the kinda guy to cut in on Daryl. Also, I am prolly just fool'n myself.

At this point, the day was starting to wind down at the track, but there were still lots on interesting people left. Cindy & Britt, Samantha and Heather and Cathy  occupied my final hour or two at the paddocks. It was really sweet to finally not be all dude'n.

Ah, except for one final local dude - a friend - Angel. He normally works the backside, but had the day off. We met up briefly before we each found our gangs later.

I then hit the exit, but had a great time even there. It is a long walk to cars and crap, so I got to spend a decent amount of time with the following folk:

Todd & Company - not sure where they are all from - we just laughed a lot.

Cali Cats - ok, I tried to get a photo, but the dude work'n my camera took a vid instead. Oh well. This group is from California, and we shared some very nice smoke once we exited the gates. They stuck around for a while as we partied at a nearby VFW (yeah - it's the place to be). Great people. Good dancers too.

At the VFW, I began to dance - carefully - as part of my new medical condition is a F'd foot. I had a cane, but ditched it. My 2nd dance partner was Valerie - she could really dance. I could really try.

OK, by this time, it was dark, and I had been on my feet all damn day! I could barely stand - tho I could still dance. Also, all day I was constantly pushed, shoved and berated for being too slow on my cane...by locals!  Bastids!!! Thus, when a gentleman finally offered me a seat, I was astounded - blown the F away.

Before I sat down, we exchanged info. He is from NYC. Steve. You may know him - I hope. He goes by Steve too - so - it should be pretty easy to track him down. I think.

Anyways, I just said - NY'ers are RUDE!

We laughed and exchanged stories for an hour - at least - while dancing and drinking with his fellow NYC'ers.

By the time the place was slowing down, I had one last dance with Erin. Then, my best local friend - Brandon - picked me up for some local parties. We went to an RV party close to the track first. This is where my final dancing occurred. As stated earlier, I tried a dance maneuver that is beyond my age - I just can't go that low anymore. 

Thus, I fell down. (Brandon is taping and laughing at me.)

After that, we went to Brandon's mom's house for a cookout. I got back to my parents at around 1 am. I was beat. Not drunk, but damn tired. It was an incredible day my friend. I am so glad you have come back. Get ready for the Fall at Keeneland. I may not bet the ponies, but I promise - you will meet some interesting folk.

😎

Alrighty, OTB - snap on yer seat belt, cause I'm take'n ya fer a ride... (though I apologize for the raw version of this story; I've not had time to polish it yet.)

While you were away, I had some health issues (not important now - things are going in right direction presently), and I lost about 40 lbs over the past year. So, when Oaks Day rolled up, none of my good pants fit. Thus, I found an old (unused) pair that I accidentally acquired. I was shoppin' about 4 years ago, and when I left the store, I heard some dude exclaim - where's my pants?! Well, the clerk had accidentally put em in my bag...and...luckily...they NOW FIT - after 4 years of doin' nutten' fer me! (Yeah - I shoulda returned them - sue me.) So, after some OK's from the fashion police here - I was now ready for Oaks Day, plus...I was put into a fashion mind by my pals here. Thnx guys! And, that set the stage...

My day began at 10 am, when I was dropped off at the track. I went into the Paddocks/Infield zone. I was expecting a friend from Costa Rica (and the rest of my old pals) at 1 pm, so I had a few hours to kill. After checking out the scene briefly, I decided that I needed a few tokes --- so --- I went into the men's room under the stands (paddock area). 

The bathroom situation was still good for men - at this hour - but it was already starting to suck for the women. Thus, just as I lit my 1st one-hit, I heard a commotion goin' on in the room. Apparently, a female had decided to enter our abode. Within a few seconds, I saw these sandal'd toes pout'n up at me from the stall next door.

My breath was taken away. I told her - thru the wall - you have beautiful toes. She laughed and said thank you. Now, I am no perv, so I left it at that. I figured she was gonna get some harsh remarks on the way out...so....

By the time she had left, the room began to notice my emissions ....  where's the smoke?, began to refrain across the room. I kept quiet. Slipped out without any notice. My pants may have helped.

Now, in the hours waiting for my pals, I decided to people watch/hunt, as I strolled the paddocks. This is perhaps one of my favorite things to do evah! As you know, I am kind of a semi-pro photographer - or was - nothing recent. But, during the years I was active, I discovered a very efficient way to coax others into a photograph. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to bring in our DSLRs, so I had to modify my approach to account for my lack of accouterments. 

I would approach anyone who I thought looked righteous - and I would explain to them that I was doing a fashion hunt for the FBGs Forum (true enough) & I made sure to tell all of them that I would be posting their pictures here. (Well, I'm not gonna post all of them - that would be too verbose even for me.) In the process, I spent a good while getting to know each group. I will post my favorites below - in order of the day:

Bryan was an artist from Paris. This was his first time in the states. He spoke English well, but I did speak a little French with him - he even understood some of it. His suit smoldered! And his friends were equally interesting. I spent about an hour with this group - well worth my time. 

The Blue Suit Crew came next. They were locals, so I only spent about 15 minutes with them. They were fun, but offered nothing exotic. Also, I was getting bored with dudes...

Next, I hooked up with Jim and Beenie. They are from my neighborhood, so I only caught up with them briefly before moving on to other things. Which mainly consisted of other local friends at this point: locals 1; Pink Out; Joyce & Cara

Finally, I met my CR friend and the rest of my old gang. It was freak'n fabulous. I had not seen many of these folks since high school. I am not going to post any pics here, as some don't wanna be on the net - I respect that. I hung with them and had a few beers. However, I continued to break off periodically to meet new folks.

Mainly --- Heather. She is from the east - Baltimore maybe? I can't really remember, but I spent as much time as possible with her. Sadly, it was only about 20 minutes. My game ain't that great. 

After that, it was sadly back to more dudes & dudes  ---- but finally I broke the curse with Denise and Daryl. I think I had a shot at Denise, but I ain't the kinda guy to cut in on Daryl. Also, I am prolly just fool'n myself.

At this point, the day was starting to wind down at the track, but there were still lots on interesting people left. Cindy & Britt, Samantha and Heather and Cathy  occupied my final hour or two at the paddocks. It was really sweet to finally not be all dude'n.

Ah, except for one final local dude - a friend - Angel. He normally works the backside, but had the day off. We met up briefly before we each found our gangs later.

I then hit the exit, but had a great time even there. It is a long walk to cars and crap, so I got to spend a decent amount of time with the following folk:

Todd & Company - not sure where they are all from - we just laughed a lot.

Cali Cats - ok, I tried to get a photo, but the dude work'n my camera took a vid instead. Oh well. This group is from California, and we shared some very nice smoke once we exited the gates. They stuck around for a while as we partied at a nearby VFW (yeah - it's the place to be). Great people. Good dancers too.

At the VFW, I began to dance - carefully - as part of my new medical condition is a F'd foot. I had a cane, but ditched it. My 2nd dance partner was Valerie - she could really dance. I could really try.

OK, by this time, it was dark, and I had been on my feet all damn day! I could barely stand - tho I could still dance. Also, all day I was constantly pushed, shoved and berated for being too slow on my cane...by locals!  Bastids!!! Thus, when a gentleman finally offered me a seat, I was astounded - blown the F away.

Before I sat down, we exchanged info. He is from NYC. Steve. You may know him - I hope. He goes by Steve too - so - it should be pretty easy to track him down. I think.

Anyways, I just said - NY'ers are RUDE!

We laughed and exchanged stories for an hour - at least - while dancing and drinking with his fellow NYC'ers.

By the time the place was slowing down, I had one last dance with Erin. Then, my best local friend - Brandon - picked me up for some local parties. We went to an RV party close to the track first. This is where my final dancing occurred. As stated earlier, I tried a dance maneuver that is beyond my age - I just can't go that low anymore. 

Thus, I fell down. (Brandon is taping and laughing at me.)

After that, we went to Brandon's mom's house for a cookout. I got back to my parents at around 1 am. I was beat. Not drunk, but damn tired. It was an incredible day my friend. I am so glad you have come back. Get ready for the Fall at Keeneland. I may not bet the ponies, but I promise - you will meet some interesting folk.

😎
Holy Cow did you have a fun day!  :thumbup:

Your pics totally rock.

Users who are viewing this thread