What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Of Lillies & Remains - A One Year Hiatus/A Maximum Ripoff/D&D Dumb Down Westeros/Happy Birfday Sid Vish *** An Honorable Travers *** (1 Viewer)

I need to watch a replay but seeing it live I got the impression that Saez cost Maximum Security that race. Yes Max stumbled out of the gate but he recovered and was on the lead going into the first turn. Saez had full control of the pace but went thru the 1/2 in 46.3 I believe, too fast in my opinion plus he was like 5 wide the last 1/2 mile
yeah, thought he may have even touched a knee down, reminded me of Afleet Alex in the '05 Preakness ... 23/46 splits were cookin' ... but Max had the lead the whole way - KFAD just made him workworkwork too hard ... short horse today after 6 weeks off - Saez prolly wasn't expecting that kinda heat that rarly, making up for the hiccup start, i s'pose - he did dive back in, he had inside position in the stretch, but Kingy really ground him down. 

Central Jersey right on the Ocean. I'm about 10 minutes from Monmouth. Actually grew up in Oceanport.
nice ... beautiful country down there ... i have buddies in Brick, Hazlet, Middletown, Little Silver, and Toms River.

Monmouth has always been so chalky. I decided to just bet $20 exacta boxes with 2 horses or $10 Tri boxes with just 3 horses. Skipped race 1

Ended up hitting the exacta in the 2nd, 4th, 6th, 9th & 10th and Tri's in the 3rd, 7th, 12th & 13th. One of my Tri's hit and lost $17 lol
:lol:

The money on Maximum Security was crazy, not sure what the pools closed at but with a few minutes to post he had like 78% of the win pool and over 90% of the show pool.

I remember looking at the show pool and seeing $173k with $150k+ on Max
the smart money was in the place pool if one was gonna plunk on Max. 

Leroy Hoard said:
13.90 would have been nice. But no box for me.
I boxed em up.  And though I put the $2 souvenir on Max I did go back to the window and put $2 atb on King.  Didn't have the 5 in my tribox.  Worked out up $11 out of the race.  Got a few snaps of Max though - who fwiw stumbled a little out of the gate.  Nice day at Monmouth though not profitable.

-QG

I was going to lay off that race, then said lets play a $10 2/3 exacta box which I did and hit for $139 but also ended up doing a Tri key with Max on top that lost $72 and a $1 hail Mary Super leaving Max out that lost $24

we should get a day together down Oceanport this summer ... i see three of us could swing it no problem - any other locals?

he's an incorrigible bastid, in'nhe?

in other news ... Canterbury Park is teh #### - my 'capping buddy has been cleaning up, and ya boyo got in on sum of that sweet Minnesota Rain. 
that's where me olboy Mikey Smith went after doing his bug on the New Mexico circuit. never been -

that's where me olboy Mikey Smith went after doing his bug on the New Mexico circuit. never been -
closest i came was Sugar Lake Lodge up there ... beautiful country, 'bout an hour drive from Duluth (mudskipper to there from M/SP) - seems like one of the finer bullrings the circuit has to offer ... hope to get out that way again soon. 

My mama always told me that if you count it more than once, then your playing with it!
i was told i'd go blind ... guess you ain't Catlick, eh?

Sir Winston now joining Country House on the shelf for possibly the rest of the year.

already lost Omaha Beach, WoW fizzled at Belmont, Max lost a ding dong wire battle at 1/9, Tacitus has been very game, but only place and show dough to show for his TC efforts. 

welcome to the weakest crop in memory - maybe King For A Day spices up the second half with scores in the Haskell/Travers - always a chance for Max to rebound after being short in what was to be a paid workout ... and Tac will always be sniffing the leader board - underwhelming bunch, but that could lead to some real chaos stakes races coming up ... our 3 yr old champ is far from being crowned. 

Sir Winston now joining Country House on the shelf for possibly the rest of the year.

already lost Omaha Beach, WoW fizzled at Belmont, Max lost a ding dong wire battle at 1/9, Tacitus has been very game, but only place and show dough to show for his TC efforts. 

welcome to the weakest crop in memory - maybe King For A Day spices up the second half with scores in the Haskell/Travers - always a chance for Max to rebound after being short in what was to be a paid workout ... and Tac will always be sniffing the leader board - underwhelming bunch, but that could lead to some real chaos stakes races coming up ... our 3 yr old champ is far from being crowned. 
what do leaderboards smell like?

Saratoga cancelled their Saturday card

Arlington debating cancelling Friday & Saturday

Monmouth's gonna mid 90's and feel like 110 for the Haskell Saturday

With a forecast calling for heat in the mid-to-high 90s along the Eastern Seabord, a number of racetracks have moved to cancel their Saturday cards, including Saratoga, where New York Racing Association officials called it a "sensible decision" not to run.

A seemingly growing list also includes Delaware Park, Maryland's Laurel Park, Pennsylvania's Parx Racing and New York's Finger Lakes. Kentucky's Ellis Park has canceled Friday, while Laurel Park also already axed its Sunday card with heat indexes possible in the range of 110-115 degrees.

Link of heatness

Monmouth's gonna mid 90's and feel like 110 for the Haskell Saturday
Saturday is shaping up to be the worst day of this recent excessive heat/humidity run we've been mired in ... talking close to 100 up here, with 85+ humidity - ####### insane. 

that Haskell will be run, though ... brutal conditions for that entire card - dunno how much relief Oceanport gets, but it's gonna be murder, nonetheless.

gonna have at least 4 hustling out for that lead - Max is gonna be tested harder than last out - this Joevia cat is interesting from an exotic standpoint, we all know from Max and King For A Day and the Baffert Bullet, Much Gusto ... but this Joevia keeps improving, has a nice score over this surface (albeit in a muddy 4 horse affair) - he has the speed to factor soup to nuts, just hope Lezcano doesn't gun him too early with the Bethlehem horse - Max will be up with that speedy front pack as well ... we could well see a 22 and change opening qtr/sub .45 half ... if Joevia can rate just a tad i think he is a superb price play (10/1 ml) to key up in the tri. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Any capping points have indicators for heat performance?

May go down.  May not.

Convinced if it weren't Haskell weekend they wouldnt be running at all.  Guess today's card will give a preview.

-QG

Monmouth ran races 1 & 2 and then cancelled the rest of the non stakes races (3,4,6,7,13 & 14)

Racing resumes at 6pm with race 5 followed by races 9, 10, 11 & 12 with one going off every 30 minutes. Haskell's new post time is 8:05

Heat index at 6pm projected to be 106 and 100 at 8pm

lotta scratches, race 5 is down to 4 horses, race 8 down to 5 horses, race 11 down to 3 horses and the Haskell down to 6 horses

While I admit I am coming around some on this years 3 year old class, I think they all get taken to the cleaners in the Breeders Cup by the older horses. Can't see the likes of Mitole and McKinzie losing to these 3 year olds

TRAVERS - THE MIDSUMMER DERBY

it's actually a misnomer, usually held the week prior to Labor Day, which is a harbinger of Summer's end, not it's middle  :shrug:

anywho, full disclosure up in here - haven't plunked on the ponies since the Belmont - longest dry stretch in roughly 35 years ... 

i go cute on my ticket structure, went against my gut by not using Tacitus as my key - cost me thousands.  i'm soured. 

back with more in a bit  :popcorn:

TRAVERS - THE MIDSUMMER DERBY

it's actually a misnomer, usually held the week prior to Labor Day, which is a harbinger of Summer's end, not it's middle  :shrug:

anywho, full disclosure up in here - haven't plunked on the ponies since the Belmont - longest dry stretch in roughly 35 years ... 

i go cute on my ticket structure, went against my gut by not using Tacitus as my key - cost me thousands.  i'm soured. 

back with more in a bit  :popcorn:
Solid field, might be a good time to key the right longshot. 

Last edited by a moderator:

Users who are viewing this thread