What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Of Lillies & Remains - A One Year Hiatus/A Maximum Ripoff/D&D Dumb Down Westeros/Happy Birfday Sid Vish *** An Honorable Travers *** (1 Viewer)

Alrighty, OTB - snap on yer seat belt, cause I'm take'n ya fer a ride... (though I apologize for the raw version of this story; I've not had time to polish it yet.)

While you were away, I had some health issues (not important now - things are going in right direction presently), and I lost about 40 lbs over the past year. So, when Oaks Day rolled up, none of my good pants fit. Thus, I found an old (unused) pair that I accidentally acquired. I was shoppin' about 4 years ago, and when I left the store, I heard some dude exclaim - where's my pants?! Well, the clerk had accidentally put em in my bag...and...luckily...they NOW FIT - after 4 years of doin' nutten' fer me! (Yeah - I shoulda returned them - sue me.) So, after some OK's from the fashion police here - I was now ready for Oaks Day, plus...I was put into a fashion mind by my pals here. Thnx guys! And, that set the stage...

My day began at 10 am, when I was dropped off at the track. I went into the Paddocks/Infield zone. I was expecting a friend from Costa Rica (and the rest of my old pals) at 1 pm, so I had a few hours to kill. After checking out the scene briefly, I decided that I needed a few tokes --- so --- I went into the men's room under the stands (paddock area). 

The bathroom situation was still good for men - at this hour - but it was already starting to suck for the women. Thus, just as I lit my 1st one-hit, I heard a commotion goin' on in the room. Apparently, a female had decided to enter our abode. Within a few seconds, I saw these sandal'd toes pout'n up at me from the stall next door.

My breath was taken away. I told her - thru the wall - you have beautiful toes. She laughed and said thank you. Now, I am no perv, so I left it at that. I figured she was gonna get some harsh remarks on the way out...so....

By the time she had left, the room began to notice my emissions ....  where's the smoke?, began to refrain across the room. I kept quiet. Slipped out without any notice. My pants may have helped.

Now, in the hours waiting for my pals, I decided to people watch/hunt, as I strolled the paddocks. This is perhaps one of my favorite things to do evah! As you know, I am kind of a semi-pro photographer - or was - nothing recent. But, during the years I was active, I discovered a very efficient way to coax others into a photograph. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to bring in our DSLRs, so I had to modify my approach to account for my lack of accouterments. 

I would approach anyone who I thought looked righteous - and I would explain to them that I was doing a fashion hunt for the FBGs Forum (true enough) & I made sure to tell all of them that I would be posting their pictures here. (Well, I'm not gonna post all of them - that would be too verbose even for me.) In the process, I spent a good while getting to know each group. I will post my favorites below - in order of the day:

Bryan was an artist from Paris. This was his first time in the states. He spoke English well, but I did speak a little French with him - he even understood some of it. His suit smoldered! And his friends were equally interesting. I spent about an hour with this group - well worth my time. 

The Blue Suit Crew came next. They were locals, so I only spent about 15 minutes with them. They were fun, but offered nothing exotic. Also, I was getting bored with dudes...

Next, I hooked up with Jim and Beenie. They are from my neighborhood, so I only caught up with them briefly before moving on to other things. Which mainly consisted of other local friends at this point: locals 1; Pink Out; Joyce & Cara

Finally, I met my CR friend and the rest of my old gang. It was freak'n fabulous. I had not seen many of these folks since high school. I am not going to post any pics here, as some don't wanna be on the net - I respect that. I hung with them and had a few beers. However, I continued to break off periodically to meet new folks.

Mainly --- Heather. She is from the east - Baltimore maybe? I can't really remember, but I spent as much time as possible with her. Sadly, it was only about 20 minutes. My game ain't that great. 

After that, it was sadly back to more dudes & dudes  ---- but finally I broke the curse with Denise and Daryl. I think I had a shot at Denise, but I ain't the kinda guy to cut in on Daryl. Also, I am prolly just fool'n myself.

At this point, the day was starting to wind down at the track, but there were still lots on interesting people left. Cindy & Britt, Samantha and Heather and Cathy  occupied my final hour or two at the paddocks. It was really sweet to finally not be all dude'n.

Ah, except for one final local dude - a friend - Angel. He normally works the backside, but had the day off. We met up briefly before we each found our gangs later.

I then hit the exit, but had a great time even there. It is a long walk to cars and crap, so I got to spend a decent amount of time with the following folk:

Todd & Company - not sure where they are all from - we just laughed a lot.

Cali Cats - ok, I tried to get a photo, but the dude work'n my camera took a vid instead. Oh well. This group is from California, and we shared some very nice smoke once we exited the gates. They stuck around for a while as we partied at a nearby VFW (yeah - it's the place to be). Great people. Good dancers too.

At the VFW, I began to dance - carefully - as part of my new medical condition is a F'd foot. I had a cane, but ditched it. My 2nd dance partner was Valerie - she could really dance. I could really try.

OK, by this time, it was dark, and I had been on my feet all damn day! I could barely stand - tho I could still dance. Also, all day I was constantly pushed, shoved and berated for being too slow on my cane...by locals!  Bastids!!! Thus, when a gentleman finally offered me a seat, I was astounded - blown the F away.

Before I sat down, we exchanged info. He is from NYC. Steve. You may know him - I hope. He goes by Steve too - so - it should be pretty easy to track him down. I think.

Anyways, I just said - NY'ers are RUDE!

We laughed and exchanged stories for an hour - at least - while dancing and drinking with his fellow NYC'ers.

By the time the place was slowing down, I had one last dance with Erin. Then, my best local friend - Brandon - picked me up for some local parties. We went to an RV party close to the track first. This is where my final dancing occurred. As stated earlier, I tried a dance maneuver that is beyond my age - I just can't go that low anymore. 

Thus, I fell down. (Brandon is taping and laughing at me.)

After that, we went to Brandon's mom's house for a cookout. I got back to my parents at around 1 am. I was beat. Not drunk, but damn tired. It was an incredible day my friend. I am so glad you have come back. Get ready for the Fall at Keeneland. I may not bet the ponies, but I promise - you will meet some interesting folk.

😎
Holy  mutha  trukkin'  ####!

phenomenal! 

stupendous!

this is perhaps the most benevolent chronicle of inimitable style that the innerwebz has ever been graced wif - certainly tops on this particular bored -  i dare anyone to even remotely encroach the magnitude of your pic essay brilliance   :bow:

futile it will be, this is a sky high bar, amigo.

oh, and you truly are a dapper sum##### - a few of dem fillies were eyeing the Mox, fo'sho' (Hi, Denise!)  every friggin' note just screams: "I'M HAVING A ####### BLAST, COME JOIN MY PARTYING ###!!"

and, further, a horse racing event draws out the duds on dudes and the dolled up dames more than any other in the sporting milieu  - i heartily applaud all who attended and set their styles out so righteously alongside you ... yep, even the strap shoe filly in the ####ter - not often one can grace a piss and #### stained floor with such fashionista aplomb. winning moves.

Maria Shriver doppelganger ... call me, babe - i see you at Keeneland, luv?

the finale of your header whilst boogeying was the most fitting cherry atop this splendid optical oeuvre ... i salute ya, MOX!   :banned:

Oh damn. Was trying to remember area posters I like who dug music... I had an extra ticket to IDLES at bklyn steel last night that woulda been yours.

Welcome back, gb...FFA is all music all the time now.

Oh damn. Was trying to remember area posters I like who dug music... I had an extra ticket to IDLES at bklyn steel last night that woulda been yours.

Welcome back, gb...FFA is all music all the time now.
ahhhh, sounds like a regretful miss on both parts ... solace taken in that i was busy entertaining some of the gf's coworkers who we had over for chipz and gigglez last night.  i'm on the radar, though, always ... we gotta grab a cocktail very soon - warm weather and NYC street scenes - we got it made, mah man  :hifive:

and thank you for the welcome back, lookin' forward to what unfolds ....

Last edited by a moderator:
Man of Constant Sorrow said:
Alrighty, OTB - snap on yer seat belt, cause I'm take'n ya fer a ride... (though I apologize for the raw version of this story; I've not had time to polish it yet.)

While you were away, I had some health issues (not important now - things are going in right direction presently), and I lost about 40 lbs over the past year. So, when Oaks Day rolled up, none of my good pants fit. Thus, I found an old (unused) pair that I accidentally acquired. I was shoppin' about 4 years ago, and when I left the store, I heard some dude exclaim - where's my pants?! Well, the clerk had accidentally put em in my bag...and...luckily...they NOW FIT - after 4 years of doin' nutten' fer me! (Yeah - I shoulda returned them - sue me.) So, after some OK's from the fashion police here - I was now ready for Oaks Day, plus...I was put into a fashion mind by my pals here. Thnx guys! And, that set the stage...

My day began at 10 am, when I was dropped off at the track. I went into the Paddocks/Infield zone. I was expecting a friend from Costa Rica (and the rest of my old pals) at 1 pm, so I had a few hours to kill. After checking out the scene briefly, I decided that I needed a few tokes --- so --- I went into the men's room under the stands (paddock area). 

The bathroom situation was still good for men - at this hour - but it was already starting to suck for the women. Thus, just as I lit my 1st one-hit, I heard a commotion goin' on in the room. Apparently, a female had decided to enter our abode. Within a few seconds, I saw these sandal'd toes pout'n up at me from the stall next door.

My breath was taken away. I told her - thru the wall - you have beautiful toes. She laughed and said thank you. Now, I am no perv, so I left it at that. I figured she was gonna get some harsh remarks on the way out...so....

By the time she had left, the room began to notice my emissions ....  where's the smoke?, began to refrain across the room. I kept quiet. Slipped out without any notice. My pants may have helped.

Now, in the hours waiting for my pals, I decided to people watch/hunt, as I strolled the paddocks. This is perhaps one of my favorite things to do evah! As you know, I am kind of a semi-pro photographer - or was - nothing recent. But, during the years I was active, I discovered a very efficient way to coax others into a photograph. Unfortunately, we were not allowed to bring in our DSLRs, so I had to modify my approach to account for my lack of accouterments. 

I would approach anyone who I thought looked righteous - and I would explain to them that I was doing a fashion hunt for the FBGs Forum (true enough) & I made sure to tell all of them that I would be posting their pictures here. (Well, I'm not gonna post all of them - that would be too verbose even for me.) In the process, I spent a good while getting to know each group. I will post my favorites below - in order of the day:

Bryan was an artist from Paris. This was his first time in the states. He spoke English well, but I did speak a little French with him - he even understood some of it. His suit smoldered! And his friends were equally interesting. I spent about an hour with this group - well worth my time. 

The Blue Suit Crew came next. They were locals, so I only spent about 15 minutes with them. They were fun, but offered nothing exotic. Also, I was getting bored with dudes...

Next, I hooked up with Jim and Beenie. They are from my neighborhood, so I only caught up with them briefly before moving on to other things. Which mainly consisted of other local friends at this point: locals 1; Pink Out; Joyce & Cara

Finally, I met my CR friend and the rest of my old gang. It was freak'n fabulous. I had not seen many of these folks since high school. I am not going to post any pics here, as some don't wanna be on the net - I respect that. I hung with them and had a few beers. However, I continued to break off periodically to meet new folks.

Mainly --- Heather. She is from the east - Baltimore maybe? I can't really remember, but I spent as much time as possible with her. Sadly, it was only about 20 minutes. My game ain't that great. 

After that, it was sadly back to more dudes & dudes  ---- but finally I broke the curse with Denise and Daryl. I think I had a shot at Denise, but I ain't the kinda guy to cut in on Daryl. Also, I am prolly just fool'n myself.

At this point, the day was starting to wind down at the track, but there were still lots on interesting people left. Cindy & Britt, Samantha and Heather and Cathy  occupied my final hour or two at the paddocks. It was really sweet to finally not be all dude'n.

Ah, except for one final local dude - a friend - Angel. He normally works the backside, but had the day off. We met up briefly before we each found our gangs later.

I then hit the exit, but had a great time even there. It is a long walk to cars and crap, so I got to spend a decent amount of time with the following folk:

Todd & Company - not sure where they are all from - we just laughed a lot.

Cali Cats - ok, I tried to get a photo, but the dude work'n my camera took a vid instead. Oh well. This group is from California, and we shared some very nice smoke once we exited the gates. They stuck around for a while as we partied at a nearby VFW (yeah - it's the place to be). Great people. Good dancers too.

At the VFW, I began to dance - carefully - as part of my new medical condition is a F'd foot. I had a cane, but ditched it. My 2nd dance partner was Valerie - she could really dance. I could really try.

OK, by this time, it was dark, and I had been on my feet all damn day! I could barely stand - tho I could still dance. Also, all day I was constantly pushed, shoved and berated for being too slow on my cane...by locals!  Bastids!!! Thus, when a gentleman finally offered me a seat, I was astounded - blown the F away.

Before I sat down, we exchanged info. He is from NYC. Steve. You may know him - I hope. He goes by Steve too - so - it should be pretty easy to track him down. I think.

Anyways, I just said - NY'ers are RUDE!

We laughed and exchanged stories for an hour - at least - while dancing and drinking with his fellow NYC'ers.

By the time the place was slowing down, I had one last dance with Erin. Then, my best local friend - Brandon - picked me up for some local parties. We went to an RV party close to the track first. This is where my final dancing occurred. As stated earlier, I tried a dance maneuver that is beyond my age - I just can't go that low anymore. 

Thus, I fell down. (Brandon is taping and laughing at me.)

After that, we went to Brandon's mom's house for a cookout. I got back to my parents at around 1 am. I was beat. Not drunk, but damn tired. It was an incredible day my friend. I am so glad you have come back. Get ready for the Fall at Keeneland. I may not bet the ponies, but I promise - you will meet some interesting folk.

😎
Best post I've read in a long time!

👍

I suppose this is the place to post that I finally get The Jam's first album, and it's because of this thread. They always rubbed me wrong, until I read a YouTube comment that said to listen to it like The Who. Now I get it. It's awesome. Something nice about it this Saturday morning.

Away from the numbers...

I suppose this is the place to post that I finally get The Jam's first album, and it's because of this thread. They always rubbed me wrong, until I read a YouTube comment that said to listen to it like The Who. Now I get it. It's awesome. Something nice about it this Saturday morning.

Away from the numbers...
:hifive:

you're gonna love the journey, my friend ... yep, they waved the MOD flag like mofos - as you dig deeper you'll also notice callbacks to the Kinks, Weller's pre Style Council forays into swing/Motown, etc - the most versatile of the London class of '76, and Weller took it a very long way in his solo career as well - a very layered and complex body of work ... the great lost soul of the modern era. 

i posted this in the earwig thread yesterday, but it's fitting here, lest it got overlooked ... the Clash could've never pulled #### like that off  ;)

:hifive:

i posted this in the earwig thread yesterday, but it's fitting here, lest it got overlooked ... the Clash could've never pulled #### like that off  ;)
Saw that. Decided to give The Jam a fifth chance per your strong recommendation, and was rewarded. 

Saw that. Decided to give The Jam a fifth chance per your strong recommendation, and was rewarded. 
ya know, during my initial go 'round wif the punx, i didn't pay them much mind, either ... now, i didn't dislike them, just jumped more into the Ramones and the Clash and the Damned ... Heartbreakers and Pistols, as well, but they were both so short lived. 

then i moved into the more hardcore stuff, starting (and always ending) with the Misfits - but, yeah, veered off to the real nasty, sonic, glue ####.

was when i revisited some years later that i gained such a fervent appreciation and love for them ... along with the Buzzcocks and Wire (a band i know you love) - i still contend that "I Am The Fly" ushered in the claustrophobic ambience of post punk as much as anything PiL or Joy Division did. 

anyways ... once i hooked on to the Jam i never looked back - huuuuuge fan now, and i can run a 24 hour loop of their stuff, coupled with Style Council and Weller's solo work, and nary necessitate a "skip" .

good to have ya aboard   :banned:

otb_lifer said:
See - this right here - it is a perfect example of why you have been so direly missed. When most would post this, I would think - must have been the order google found em - or - eh, lucky ordering....but not you. I understand you...this was intentional. Lemme explain...

Holy - yeah - the Rock - good lookin dude - clappin' ta me - nice.

mutha - ok - the stakes are risin' - got more of crowd thing rollin'

trukkin' -  holy hell - the entire hall is gonna crash!!!!

####! - ####! - I feel like a bag o shrooms - those hats! - those expressions!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This was an aptly engineered rising wave leading to the crescendo of crazy. Nice.

otb_lifer said:
"I'M HAVING A ####### BLAST, COME JOIN MY PARTYING ###!!"
This.  :thumbup:

otb_lifer said:
Maria Shriver doppelganger ... call me, babe - i see you at Keeneland, luv?
Maybe - if your are a good boy.

Regarding the rest, you are too kind, gb. 🙂

Please - keep it up. 😀

My only complaint - I was really hoping you would have noticed my pants. ☹️

Oh, any word on Steve yet?

otb_lifer said:
i salute ya, MOX!   :banned:
.✌️😙🙂

Over/under on how many of those names MOCS actually remembered and how many he made up?
Listen dude! I've got alibi!

@Amnesiback Leroy Shurbanbrong was there with me - seeee!

He will vouch fer everthing!

EDIT: yeah - I'm laughin' at him...well - not really at - with is more accurate - he was funny.

methinks we square on Shriver/Valerie luvs me for sure ... a gent of Mox's character certainly played that one straight 

what say you, Mox?

:popcorn:
MoCS don't need ta remember names - he's the namer!!!!

otb_lifer said:
not often one can grace a piss and #### stained floor with such fashionista aplomb.
Ah - nother thought ----

--- I wiped my piss and #### off the floor before toes arrived - - note the tp on floor...

--- get yer facts straight!

It's hard wearing pastels of pink and light blue with white Adidas Stan Smiths while listening to Leonard Cohen.

It just doesn't feel...right. I love his plaintive moaning on a breezy, sunny, Southern California day. #### this nice weather. I need some angry clouds on the horizon.

That woman is way hotter than Maria Shriver.
DOOD!! Shriver's like ####### 90 now ... i mean, backinaday, Ahhhnold coulda had any piece of ### on the planet, yet he chose to park that weinerschnitzel in der Shriver's goody parts - good enuff for the Terminator, good enuff for me  :pickle:

See - this right here - it is a perfect example of why you have been so direly missed. When most would post this, I would think - must have been the order google found em - or - eh, lucky ordering....but not you. I understand you...this was intentional. Lemme explain...

Holy - yeah - the Rock - good lookin dude - clappin' ta me - nice.

mutha - ok - the stakes are risin' - got more of crowd thing rollin'

trukkin' -  holy hell - the entire hall is gonna crash!!!!

####! - ####! - I feel like a bag o shrooms - those hats! - those expressions!  :lmao: :lmao: :lmao:

This was an aptly engineered rising wave leading to the crescendo of crazy. Nice.

This.  :thumbup:

Maybe - if your are a good boy.

Regarding the rest, you are too kind, gb. 🙂

Please - keep it up. 😀

My only complaint - I was really hoping you would have noticed my pants. ☹️

Oh, any word on Steve yet?

.✌️😙🙂
THIS GUY GETS IT!!! 

need i say any more?

been going through some archives lo the year i was on self ban - MOX is a rare bird, he's not so much a mere poster, but, rather, a lunatic fringe/unsinkable soul operating in the posters milieu, which i dig to the Nth. 

im'ma find a way to get you ovah NYC way, Mox ... we'll party like the gotdamn sum#####es we are - the City may never sleep, but it does lapse into a coma evry nownthen.  SALVO. 

squirreles? yeah - they remind me of ####### catz - whaddya say, slappy?

you dropped an all time innerweb gobstopper ip in here - top billing, a green room full of tasty nastiness awaits - #### Keeneland, YA HEAR?

Man of Constant Sorrow said:
BTW: Have you ever consider a Derby Week visit to KY?

I bet, between the two of us, we could maybe pick a winner - at something...perhaps...
I'm not sure I could keep up with you!... but it would definitely be fun trying.  🍻

been going through some archives lo the year i was on self ban - MOX is a rare bird, he's not so much a mere poster, but, rather, a lunatic fringe/unsinkable soul operating in the posters milieu, which i dig to the Nth. 
wat????

im'ma find a way to get you ovah NYC way, Mox ... we'll party like the gotdamn sum#####es we are - the City may never sleep, but it does lapse into a coma evry nownthen.  SALVO.
Honestly, my schedule is so open, I could fit even you in.

When's the best time to be in the city? 

squirreles? yeah - they remind me of ####### catz - whaddya say, slappy?
You've met Slappy?!?!? 🐿️

Keeneland, YA HEAR?
Oh yesh....

...a green room full of tasty nastiness awaits - #### Keeneland, YA HEAR?
Oh yeah...

Did it I miss it the 1st time????

I'm not sure I could keep up with you!... but it would definitely be fun trying.  🍻
Don't worry - I've got an extra cane ya can use...

OK, my lights are all messed up. So, I am not sure if Spotlights are now on or off. Regardless, I am going to go for it.

Last night, I was posting some of the songs that I considered drafting. This is one that I tried to draft, but just couldn't fit it in - so I went with a Voodoo Child cover instead. The following song, was my introduction to Jimi Hendrix in 1985 - by a cousin. I had heard Jimi songs before, but I never really listened well enough, until this song.

From that point onward - even though my interests have varied considerably - Jimi remains my favorite musical artist of all time.

This is a call out ta POPA CHUBBY!

POPA CHUBBY - Hey Joe ! Rockpalast [HDadv] Nov. 2011 - Spotlight

Honestly, as a Jimi Idiot, I am pretty hard to please in regards to covers of his work. Even this, I think is a little bloated when compared to the original - live.

There is also another cover that I want to mention. It is also a little bloated, but - it was done by a 17 year old live - on Mar. 17th -  in '17 even. Damn! That's special...this is special...

Kingfish plays Jimi Hendrix's "Hey Joe" @ The Blue Canoe in Tupelo, MS - Spotlight

Finally, I will list a final cover - but - it breaks the rules. Sorry. I've never been real good on rules.

Roy Buchanan - Hey Joe (Live From Austin TX) - Spotlight

Well - that's it for Joe today...enjoy. 😎

EDIT: Ooop - I forgot to mention the true original - as best can be determined:

Billy Roberts - Hey Joe (Original Version)

Don't know why I bothered ta edit here too - prolly just shouda erased. FU!

wat????

made my day ... gotta love the full effect MoCS

Honestly, my schedule is so open, I could fit even you in.

i'm a biased braggart when it comes to me home, but, there really is no bad time to visit here ... even the dead of winter is magical ... that being said, late spring/early summer is obviously most recommended for out of town visitors - we be in that wheelhouse currently, and it's #######' glorious (today's monsoons notwithstanding)

i may have been intimate wif Slappy - whiskey makes me do bad things. 

Crap!

Wrong thread.

Squirrels were call'n I guess...

Not gonna erase - sorry - deal!
MOX GONNA MOX!

i'm a biased braggart when it comes to me home, but, there really is no bad time to visit here ... even the dead of winter is magical ... that being said, late spring/early summer is obviously most recommended for out of town visitors - we be in that wheelhouse currently, and it's #######' glorious (today's monsoons notwithstanding)
Excellent. I will check my schedule and pm you soon. 

i may have been intimate wif Slappy - whiskey makes me do bad things. 
That would explain his panic attack last month... ☹️

He got Moxie!
This means much come'n from such a moxious mutha fudda... 

Btw - Happy Mutha's Day! 

I feel like Man of Constant Sorrow and otblifer are speaking a dialect that I am not QUITE cool enough to completely understand.
Heh. MoCS jus' down home and otb_lifer is intellectualizing. Par for the course. Stick around, you'll get it. 

It deserves this for my morning... :coffee:

🍺  MY MAN !!!!!! 

How you been, you ol' sailor, you?  Good to see you - as you may not be aware, I've pretty much abandoned ship here as well, but if you're back to talk Preakness, I may just have to re-evaluate.....
THERE. HE. IS.  :clap:

great to see ya, you ol' so and so!  when i saw the Cowher avatar as last response i knew this was back ON!

doin' pretty damn fine, yourself?

earlier responses to my call out here foretold of you being permanently M.I.A., but hope was held out that we could rally sumpin'sumtin' for the Preakness/Belmont 🐎, and perhaps stick around a bit longer ... i'm economizung my participation here to like minded sorts and topics, this thread is chock full of folk particular to those parameters.  

now that we have you here, joining Wik/Hoard/GM/Lambskin/Cowboy .... we only missing @Judge Smails from the more hardcore contributors to my Derby/Horses threads past ... i think this Preakness is gonna yield some rewarding coin, expecting exotic totes to $$$ cha-chingaling $$$ - Max Sec was so head and shoulders above this crop, imo ... it's wide open in B'awlmore for some bingo. 

took first look at the pps this morning, scratching the surface, at best ... lotta early speed in store, and the weather looks to be ideal - 76 and sunny forecast for the race, as of this morning's long range forecast. 

GOOD TO HAVE YA ON BOARD!

I feel like Man of Constant Sorrow and otblifer are speaking a dialect that I am not QUITE cool enough to completely understand.
when dealing with Mox, one must adapt a "when in Rome" vernacular ... makes the convo flow like mud ☠

Heh. MoCS jus' down home and otb_lifer is intellectualizing. Par for the course. Stick around, you'll get it. 

It deserves this for my morning... :coffee:
as per usual, Rock gets it!

great to see ya, you ol' so and so!  when i saw the Cowher avatar as last response i knew this was back ON!

earlier responses to my call out here foretold of you being permanently M.I.A., but hope was held out that we could rally sumpin'sumtin' for the Preakness/Belmont 🐎, and perhaps stick around a bit longer ... i'm economizung my participation here to like minded sorts and topics, this thread is chock full of folk particular to those parameters.  

now that we have you here, joining Wik/Hoard/GM/Lambskin/Cowboy .... we only missing @Judge Smails from the more hardcore contributors to my Derby/Horses threads past ... i think this Preakness is gonna yield some rewarding coin, expecting exotic totes to $$$ cha-chingaling $$$ - Max Sec was so head and shoulders above this crop, imo ... it's wide open in B'awlmore for some bingo. 

took first look at the pps this morning, scratching the surface, at best ... lotta early speed in store, and the weather looks to be ideal - 76 and sunny forecast for the race, as of this morning's long range forecast. 

when dealing with Mox, one must adapt a "when in Rome" vernacular ... makes the convo flow like mud ☠

Welcome back amigo! Look forward to the dialogue and coin to be made!

Welcome back amigo! Look forward to the dialogue and coin to be made!
thanks, Smails .. great to see you in here, always glean a ton from your insights :thumbup:

think there's a score to be had Saturday, i'm not buying into Improbable just yet   :banned:

how'd the Derby treat you? did you also wind up on Max?

howzabout Santa Anita? were you witness to any of the winter craziness? 

Speaking of coin, Preakness is coming up in a few days...
hoping to pepper this with Preakness pablum come the 'morrow a.m.

Not too bad, amigo... the censorship around here chased me away, but there's no way in hell I'm not coming back for Preakness talk.  Somehow, it feels like the planets are back in alignment now.  The air smells sweeter.

I was on Max (among others) for the Derby and got shut out, as most did.  I actually liked Country House quite a bit coming in, but tossed him due to the far outside post - that was a mistake.  At a glance, I think some new shooters are going to have something to say about the Preakness and not necessarily the ones that were prominent on the Trail earlier on (i.e. Bourbon War)....

Not too bad, amigo... the censorship around here chased me away, but there's no way in hell I'm not coming back for Preakness talk.  Somehow, it feels like the planets are back in alignment now.  The air smells sweeter.
i bailed on 5/10/18, smack dab in the meat of Justy's TC run - the censorship, without warning, was enough for me to self impose a one year exile.  i covered all of that earlier in reply to @Gr00vus, but it bears repeating - it felt as if an archaic gust of ham fisted wind tore ### through the playground, and no meteorologist forecasted as such. blew so much honest to goodness diversionary fodder to smithereens.  #### that.  

the year anniversay happened to coincide with a couple noteworthy passions of mine: the Derby debacle still fresh, and the winding down of GoT.  it felt right dipping my toes back in, but then i decided to straight up DIVE with this thread.   

was not aware that you bailed to parts unknown 'til it was bandied about up in here by @Cowboysfan8 - your contributions over the years i've been lurking/contributing (since 2004) are nothing short of innerwebz legend.  i know a tremendous void was left in the wake of your decision to cut way the hell back ... if your storytime thread is now kaput, well, then this is a lesser place for that reality.   

I was on Max (among others) for the Derby and got shut out, as most did.  I actually liked Country House quite a bit coming in, but tossed him due to the far outside post - that was a mistake.  At a glance, I think some new shooters are going to have something to say about the Preakness and not necessarily the ones that were prominent on the Trail earlier on (i.e. Bourbon War)....
as i mentioned in my first post, i waffled Max and Tacitus during the week ... kept wanting to land on Tac, because Tapit and our ol' buddy Tapwrit, but Max just made so much ####### sense ... it was the right call.  no regrets, especially after Omaha Beach bailed - there was really no class speed to challenge/push Max, knew he was gonna cruise like Justy and AD the couple years prior ... and that he did - was a bit surprised at his :23/:46 splits, but he never looked to be laboring - at all.  he did not disappoint, ran exactly as all who backed him expected him to - then came the top of the stretch ...

as far as Country House - man, i ####### hate to redboard, but ... it was all right there: top 5 in the field for fastest final 1/8th in the last round of preps ... second fastest (91) Beyer on the off track of all who had ventured on the slop at least once (the #9, ##### Parfait had run a very impressive second on the Churchill slop as a 2 year old, so i was high on him hitting some exotic coin as well) - anyways, thing that doomed Country House with the public was, as you allowed, the 20 hole ... only a generational beast like Big Brown could bring a W from that post, ergo the 65-1 at post time. 

but i do think he (Country) was used much more in the exotic spreads than his (understandable) win odds let on.   he was live to fill out some bottoms, never really envisioned him doing the victory pose.  

had Max stayed up, we still would've had Country in the tri, along with Code of Honor ... believe the imaginary will pay for that doomed trifecta was close to 8 large, of which i had spread enough to have hit it 4x the number, so, yeah ... that DQ gypped me outta some payday north of 30k - ergo the liquored up shennanigans in my yard, with my new neighbors front and center.  

" WAIT, THEY SAY THERE'S AN OBJECTION- WHAT DOES THAT MEAN?"

... means we don't hit Ireland/Italy this year, nor do you get Il Cortille for Mother's day. 

A bit of sanguine news.  Invited my old man over yesterday for Mother's Day festivities.  He rolled in right after the Blazers victory, so spirits were mighty high.  Music was cranked, beers were opened and I was marinating some shrimp for the barbie.  He sidled over and plunked $220 in front of me and I asked him "what's this for"? and he said, "well, you paid for the rental car and gas to get us from Chicago to Louisville" and I said "Yeah, but I told you that was my treat, you got everything else, I don't want repayment".  He said "Southwest airlines replied to my email, apologized for the flight cancellation, refunded my money the next day plus some for the rental".  

Hot damn, kilogram!  That's found money.  Time to work on the Preakness.  :grad:

Oh, the shrimp were outstanding.  Soaked 'em in beer, skewered them and coated liberally with a bold and spicy rub.  Not one left.  :bowtie:

otb_lifer said:
me family vacations on the horizon, wiping them out early this year due to my daughter being accepted into a summer musical theater acting workshop - culminating in an ensemble performance of "Mama Mia" - we disqus
MAMA MIA! 

Pass the pasta - that's cremdiculous! 

Musical theater is sweet. I remember talking about your creative cred - I bet she kills it. 

Yah - we shall discus - soon!

Guests just roll'n in - gotta run...

...they don't like me. 🏃‍♂️

MAMA MIA! 

Pass the pasta - that's cremdiculous! 

Musical theater is sweet. I remember talking about your creative cred - I bet she kills it. 
she better kills it, pops is laying out a nice chunk o'change for this artsy edumicational workshop performance thingy  :D  (but, yeah, she's got boatloads of musical/dance chops, i expect top billing).

Yah - we shall discus - soon!
careful, Mox ... them kinda pix led to my 365 daze in the wilderness - lotta skin on display  :tinfoilhat:

Guests just roll'n in - gotta run...

...they don't like me. 🏃‍♂️
must be Yankees or, even worse, revenuers ... those miserable bastids❗

early skim of the Bris PPs - only 2 have ever cracked a c-note (Derby triers Improbable & Win3)

quickies on some of the new shooters ... 

Warriors Charge is gonna be sent, BSFs climbing impressively - connections ponied up the supplemental 150k to put him in the gate - last couple works show nice shape. does Javi dig playing rabbit? won last 2 on the front.

Anothertwistafate been consistent high 90s last 3 (though declining in each), drilled a sharp last work - gets Ortiz, as Javi jumped to the above. disappointing last out behind Owendale, who fanned 6 wide down the stretch settling for 8th in the Risen Star.

Alwaysmining  bagged the Tesio as an overwhelming favorite - wasn't overly impressive - dusted this glorified work by 7+ ... tuneup to school this cat on rating just a bit - has won 6 in a row, is working very well, has been flirting with 100 consistently.

Signalman has disappointed since his score in the KJGC as a 2 yr old, but hoping he races back to that form - laid off a crisp pace, made a middle inside move, dealt with traffic nicely, and fended off a stretch challenge ... if the pace cooks on Saturday this cat figures to be picking 'em up late.  ran his best fig in the BC Juvey, rallying from 10th to bag show dough.

Owendale turned in a career best effort his last out, coming 4 wide out the clouds and passing a handful of cement shoed onlookers to draw away nicely in the Lex - last work was fantastic, loved the seasoning at Keeneland, showing he has the form to push button a solid move  around traffic ... Bridgmohan was chucked after an underwhelming Risen Star, now Geroux stays in the irons after piloting brilliantly for the Lex ... trainer Cox also has expected pacesetter Warriors Charge going ... if he cooks the front you can damn sure expect his stablemate to be mowing through some horse flesh with ease.

Users who are viewing this thread