Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
otb_lifer

Of Lillies & Remains - A One Year Hiatus/A Maximum Ripoff/D&D Dumb Down Westeros/Happy Birfday Sid Vish *** An Honorable Travers ***

Recommended Posts

9 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I always like to look at these, probably closer than the morning line predicting final odds.

Bourbon War gettin' a ton of love from that lot (and me) :thumbup:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
37 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Been planting my garden all morning. How's the track playing so far?

only track i can tell ya about rt now is the oval my daughter's gonna race over later  - first outdoor meet of the season, i be tied up her  til 4 or so ...

ANYONE WATCHING THE PIM?

anyways, let's just say that no matter how the track is playing, the 3,6,7 will be the lead pack - 1,4,9,13 should be close behind, with the 10,12 drafting them (yeah, i think W3 has to hustle out) ... curious to see if they send the 2 (Bourbon War) ... adding the blinks, and breaking between a stalker and a presser ... may see him at the back of that second pack. 

the rest will hang back, with the 5 and 8 prolly leading them - maybe they send the 11 (Fox) on a bit more urgent engine today. 

now, if the speed is holding, i wouldn't touch ANYONE who's behind the first 6 i cited (yeah, i know i listed 9 horses, but the #6 and #10 are easy tosses) - Bourbon War gonna be sent stalking then i gotta chuck him some serious thought. 

the track bias will dictate the play, of course.  if closers are scoring, then we gots a whole nuddah game on our hands. 

gonna be a puzzle. 

 

Edited by otb_lifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Finally got to watch a race and it was on the turf :lol:

CABBAGE! hope it's firm

I'm trying to be in front of the TV for pimlico @otb_lifer. Will report what I see 

much obliged, Cowboy - i'm gonna go look for a nearby bar, my kid doesn't run for at least another hour. 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

 

6f grade 3

They went 22 n 3,  44 n 4

1 n 7 sat a few lengths off and went by mid stretch

Time for a cold one screw it 

😃

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

FWIW -  my 'capping buddy weighed in from Miami (nice vacay, dood) - he alreadt punched his tix:

#1 to win

#1 as key box over 4,5,8 all the way down the exotics. 

no savers - all WoW kilkah, no fillah - he loves him today. 

23 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

6f grade 3

They went 22 n 3,  44 n 4

1 n 7 sat a few lengths off and went by mid stretch

Time for a cold one screw it 

😃

i'd say dem ponies were in a hurry - form of that bodes well for Imp/Mining/WC 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anything new on the track bias?

:banned:

hope to be viewing within the hour ... bar fizzled out, but a gaggle of Pace U track fillies are warming up close by - i'll take that view, for now :o

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Alwaysmining jockey with a nice win on the lawn. Feeling good about this fella on 7 later. 

he wins. then he goes out and wins again ... and when he's done winning, he wins anuddah and anuddah ... then he turns around and wins. 

no one is coming up in this mutha in better form - and he gets the 3 to help loosen up Imp - now, Mining rated nicely in the Tesio, then floored it - ok, tomato cans - but this kid knows how to win. 

like in the "human" sports where they say "you can't teach size or speed, it's natural" it's the same with these cats ... a horse who knows how to hit that wire is always a great play. he ain't allergic to that first place "click!"

all that being said, this guy ain't Zenyatta (well, nobody is, really) - a bounce is due <---- that's my only knock here :shrug:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

he wins. then he goes out and wins again ... and when he's done winning, he wins anuddah and anuddah ... then he turns around and wins. 

no one is coming up in this mutha in better form - and he gets the 3 to help loosen up Imp - now, Mining rated nicely in the Tesio, then floored it - ok, tomato cans - but this kid knows how to win. 

like in the "human" sports where they say "you can't teach size or speed, it's natural" it's the same with these cats ... a horse who knows how to hit that wire is always a great play. he ain't allergic to that first place "click!"

all that being said, this guy ain't Zenyatta (well, nobody is, really) - a bounce is due <---- that's my only knock here :shrug:

My all time favorite

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Penguin said:

My all time favorite

An extremely fun horse to watch, from post parade to finish line.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Penguin said:

My all time favorite

Yup, she was sensational.  "THIS. IS. UN-BE-LIEEEEEEEEEEEVABLE"

 

My favorite call of all time. 

They showed Afleet Alex earlier. Goose bumps. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, Penguin said:

My all time favorite

i debated Smails up on here of her vs Rachel - think at their top form Rachel was better, but nobody did it as consistently as Z - i give the nod to the big gal. 

14 hours ago, General Malaise said:

 

Thy showed Afleet Alex earlier. Goose bumps. 

HOW he stayed up in '06 Preak after the Scrappy T bump is still beyond me (damn near went to his knees!) - MUCH MORE EGREGIOUS THAN THAT LOVE TAP 3 WEEKS AGO!  ayfkm Churchill stewies??!?!!!? :hot:

then cashed a YUUUUUUUUGE fatso in the Belmont with AA over Nolan's Cat - perhaps the best two leg winner of recent vintage.  #### Giacomo!

14 hours ago, General Malaise said:

Yup, she was sensational.  "THIS. IS. UN-BE-LIEEEEEEEEEVABLE!

his heart broke the next year when Blame finally broke her streak ... announcers should be impartial, bad job outta him on his call during her loss ... he took a ton of excitement outta calling Blame's brilliance to focus on Z's heart-breaker. 

Edited by otb_lifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

if speed is holding:

key the 7

 1,3,4,9 under 

if closers are reaching the line:

key the 5

1,2,4,11,13 under

preliminary feel. 

come at this, y'all 

Edited by otb_lifer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

I must have drifted a bit in the turn?

based on your PPs this is very outta character ... ya spooked by the crowd, Hoard? 

:D

  • Laughing 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

So now tvg isnt showing pimlico, nbc is 

I switch over and am watching some DJ in the infield wtf

 

THE PREAK IS WOKE, YO!!1!!!

but, on a more congratulatory note, today is Armed Forces Aprreciation day - and Pimlico is honoring to the hilt ... good on us for this one :thumbup:

Edited by otb_lifer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Our ol' pal Catholic Boy makin some green on green, lifer

ETA: just switched over from the golf

 

 

Edited by wikkidpissah
  • Like 1
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

i havent contributed all week cuz i can't beat Improbable. I'll go Signalman 2nd & the local horse for the showdough

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Based on his semi-flex running style I still think the 5 is at least part of it.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

7 getting a lot of coverage.  Victoria (a "celebrity" neither my wife nor I knew who she was) picked 7 and then they did a feature on the Maryland based female trainer.  I think there will be a lot of "dead" money on 7 with the female and Maryland angles.  

Edited by chet
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

i havent contributed all week cuz i can't beat Improbable. I'll go Signalman 2nd & the local horse for the showdough

Imp trying his third in five weeks, and fourth in eight, including the slop two weeks ago ... think the declining figs are a mere coincidence?

dunno, i'll use hin cuz the field lacks balls out G1 class,, but ... he vulnerable. 

Edited by otb_lifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
22 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

Our ol' pal Catholic Boy makin some green on green, lifer

ETA: just switched over from the golf

 

 

he's done extremely well since stinkin' up the '18 Derby Trail ... FLAMEAWAY DUSTED HIM 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

Imp trying his third in five weeks, and fourth in eight, including the slop two weeks ago ... think the declining figs are a mere coincidence?

dunno, i'll use hin cuz the field lacks balls out G1 class,, but ... he vulnerable. 

but the field is G3 Turfway material. couldnt beat our boy last yr and had no trouble braggin on him. 5/2's a price on Imp but do you hear me crowin'?

ETA:  only put Signalman up for 2nd cuz he's one i i dont think we seen the best of yet. and that's about it

Edited by wikkidpissah

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

$10 exacta 4/2,5,7,8

I might not cover the cost if I win. :bag: 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

but the field is G3 Turfway material. couldnt beat our boy last yr and had no trouble braggin on him. 5/2's a price on Imp but do you hear me crowin'?

Imp deserves the fave, no question. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, chet said:

$10 exacta 4/2,5,7,8

I might not cover the cost if I win. :bag: 

Festival days can give you better than average returns over a so called normal racing day.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

keying the 5 

1,2,4,7,9,11

play it out, fellas

Exacta?  Tri?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

love this mutha ... the class eats ####, and the horse i relegated to a sloth race hits the $$$$$ - 

anyone who needs to see my redboard can PM

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Idk what this means 

check your PMs, Cowboy 🤠

anyways ... 

just combed thru the various opines from experts and analysts and punters and bettors - didn't see one mutha chukkah on the #10 for even a minor piece, let alone the place result ... at least with Country House in the Derby there were signs if ya just checked the figs a bit deeper ... not saying he was a no brainer by any stretch, but if ya landed on CH for some underneath action in the KD it made some sense on a couple levels :shrug:

anywho ... congrats to those Everfast connections for a remarkable score in the biggest gig of their lives - would expect to see all top 3 (Owendale ran a late big one to get nosed at the wire) here at the Belmont in 3 weeks ... hopefully we get Tacitus and Game Winner out there, as well - and, to Gary West: WoW definitely rubbed it in yer ####### face yesterday- FOR THE LOVE OF GOD, GET MAX IN THE BELMONT GATE!!

:deadhorse:

 

Edited by otb_lifer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Sorry I missed the pre-race chatter, RL #### got in the way. Wouldn't have mattered because Everfast was an insta-toss for me, fouled up all my exacta and tri boxes. Shut out again. My brother (the Ox) decided at the last second to just throw $20 to win on War of Will, cashed $142. Only one who won anything. This TC season is pissing me right off. 

  • Like 1
  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Evilgrin 72 said:

Sorry I missed the pre-race chatter, RL #### got in the way. Wouldn't have mattered because Everfast was an insta-toss for me, fouled up all my exacta and tri boxes. Shut out again. My brother (the Ox) decided at the last second to just throw $20 to win on War of Will, cashed $142. Only one who won anything. This TC season is pissing me right off. 

my 'capping buddy loved WoW so much yesterday, and i finally landed on Owendale ... but he persisted on hammering WoW, and his ardent pestering convinced me to play a lastminute .50 tri wheel with WoW over the field ... yielded a nice $2,400 return for a $200 layout :thumbup:  (this was what i was talking about with the redboard comment last night).

my bigger tri spread ($400+) had the 5 keyed, but did not use the 10 up in that one - was never even considered.  

WoW was a nice gift at 6-1, too many Baffert lovers and locals falling gaga over the 7 ... they ignored the Casse cannon - i was not as high on him as my partner, but i did use him in my bigger spread bet ... Gaff delivered a very economical trip, the inside was playing favorably at Pimlico yesterday - credit to Gaff and Casse and WoW for backing up all their post KD #####ing (well, WoW didn't #####, at least not in the modern human parlance).

gonna be an amazing betting race in three weeks, this is an extremely well balanced crop - and, if West quits his grandstanding and actually enters Max, well ... it'll make for incredible buzz, and will vault the third leg into the general public's crosshairs ... which will generate more $$$$$ plunked down, and much bigger pools than we would get otherwise. 

oh, and CONGRATS, OX!  :hifive:

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

my 'capping buddy loved WoW so much yesterday, and i finally landed on Owendale ... but he persisted on hammering WoW, and his ardent pestering convinced me to play a lastminute .50 tri wheel with WoW over the field ... yielded a nice $2,400 return for a $200 layout :thumbup:  (this was what i was talking about with the redboard comment last night).

my bigger tri spread ($400+) had the 5 keyed, but did not use the 10 up in that one - was never even considered.  

WoW was a nice gift at 6-1, too many Baffert lovers and locals falling gaga over the 7 ... they ignored the Casse cannon - i was not as high on him as my partner, but i did use him in my bigger spread bet ... Gaff delivered a very economical trip, the inside was playing favorably at Pimlico yesterday - credit to Gaff and Casse and WoW for backing up all their post KD #####ing (well, WoW didn't #####, at least not in the modern human parlance).

gonna be an amazing betting race in three weeks, this is an extremely well balanced crop - and, if West quits his grandstanding and actually enters Max, well ... it'll make for incredible buzz, and will vault the third leg into the general public's crosshairs ... which will generate more $$$$$ plunked down, and much bigger pools than we would get otherwise. 

oh, and CONGRATS, OX!  :hifive:

Nice hit on the tri otb!

  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.