Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
otb_lifer

Of Lillies & Remains - A One Year Hiatus/A Maximum Ripoff/D&D Dumb Down Westeros/Happy Birfday Sid Vish *** Preak Epilogue - On To Belmont: West Needs To Look East ***

Recommended Posts

well, google is my friend ... BODEXPRESS is alive and well, and working full of energy - and, biggest news of all - he gets Johnny V for the Preakness - last seen on Code of Honor in the KD, Johnny V bucked his Pletcher commitment 2 weeks ago because he felt CoH was a live mount for the Derby ... that "bodes" well for the Xpress ... Johnny V doesn't show up to just wing his ####### watch - love this news for Bode!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
28 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Yeah, I think you're right, but I can see 7/4 and something longer mixing in for a decent enough payday.  I threw $25 at 6/1 at crooked Bovada to get the party started.  

beat em up, dood. they got my 18K poker acct the years i was offline cuz i'd built it up from freebies so hadnt filed a routing address

  • Thinking 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, wikkidpissah said:

beat em up, dood. they got my 18K poker acct the years i was offline cuz i'd built it up from freebies so hadnt filed a routing address

Bo-DAWG did similar wif my pony stash i had accumulated there ... not as prodigious as yours (think it was 2 large), but ... yeah, even my bank censored me for depositing offshore.  

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, General Malaise said:

Shoot, I don't think so but for some reason, wasn't listed on the site I found. 

found him ... and we got a friggin' live one now :pickle:

16 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

well, google is my friend ... BODEXPRESS is alive and well, and working full of energy - and, biggest news of all - he gets Johnny V for the Preakness - last seen on Code of Honor in the KD, Johnny V bucked his Pletcher commitment 2 weeks ago because he felt CoH was a live mount for the Derby ... that "bodes" well for the Xpress ... Johnny V doesn't show up to just wing his ####### watch - love this news for Bode!

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Bovada won't let me bet certain things, for reasons I do understand (props).  But I'll go to bet $100 on something like Golden State -7.5 tonight and I'm met with a big red OBJECTION!  YOUR LIMIT IS $12!!!! (this passes for red here?).  Okay, I'm maxed out at $12.  Then I decide later I'll put $50 on the over 219 and TA DA, success in green!

It makes no sense.  I'd cash out but it's only a few hundred and I'm a derelict and they know it.  Legalized gambling can't get here fast enough.

 

  • Sad 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
38 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Yeah, I like Bodexpress at the price to factor in this.

liked him prior to the Johnny V switch, was hoping for something to spur me further, some divine intervention ... and the new rider now has me loving him ... so much so that i may key this sum#####.

Johnny V is money on a live $$$ Stakes mount, especially when he personally calls the connections to inquire about taking the mount himself. of course they accepted.

he is gonna be solidly on my tix with Owen and Bourbon ... now gotta construct the rest. 

Edited by otb_lifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

These last few posts make me yearn for that day it's like we all live in Nevada. My state approved legal sports betting a year ago and they are still dragging their feet. I want the right to arrive with a wallet full of money i am allowed to bet.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

These last few posts make me yearn for that day it's like we all live in Nevada. My state approved legal sports betting a year ago and they are still dragging their feet. I want the right to arrive with a wallet full of money i am allowed to bet.

prolly knockin' heads about how to properly tax the living mutha ####### #### out of  every. last. penny .. i know that's what held up NY and Jersey for awhile. 

Edited by otb_lifer
  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Leroy Hoard said:

These last few posts make me yearn for that day it's like we all live in Nevada. My state approved legal sports betting a year ago and they are still dragging their feet. I want the right to arrive with a wallet full of money i am allowed to bet.

Supposedly my state is going live online this month

:stillwaitingsemipatiently:

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

g'mornin' y'all!   :coffee:

last trio to look at ... coupla loooongshots, and a decent priced closer - start with the long plays:

Market King - the gray beard special! connections (D.Wayne , Court) are a combined 473 yrs old :shock: (ok, closer to 140, but ya get the drift) :D

anyways, only purpose i see this cat serving is to help the early pace - had his career best run while hitting 3rd in the Rebel (Omaha/Game Winner), but that career best was still 8 lengths back of the top two heavy duty Derby timber colts in front of him ... came back 3 weeks later and chucked an absolute #### effort in the Bluegrass  - if he gets a top 10 call in the stretch i'll #### twinkies. 

Everfast -  yeah, he's not

longest shot on the board, and rightfully so - ran a respectable second in the Holy Bull, then mixed it up with the crop heavyweights in the F.o.Y. and Fla. Derby ... nothing spectacular outta him in those class jumps - has one win, was in his first career start (a 7f sprint) - that's where he belongs. 

Laughing Fox - now we get a bit interesting with one who loves coming off the pace ... 20/1 ml on a horse Asmussen claimed after his debut.  knocked around Oaklawn all season, got himself gates at the Reb and Ark Derby ... nothing noteworthy, even finished behind Market King in the former :unsure:

so, why is he interesting? because i loved what i saw in the Oaklawn Invitational  - a very hot early pace laid down by some true tomato cans, but this cat rallied like a champ, and really dug in down the stretch ... pace petered out late, but he took care of the biz at hand - nice tuneup for a race that will prolly play similar tomorrow ... 'cept the tomato cans from Oaklawn will be replaced by some top notch horse flesh - big jump in class from his last, but he's been around similar previously, albeit with diminished returns. 

coming off a career best effort, i'm a suckah for deep closers in a speed class field - verrrrrry slim to none chance of this one on top, but he is a live longy down the rest of the exotic spreads. 

 

Edited by otb_lifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

anyone scaring up action for today's card? really wanna dive in but i got a last minute client call to Kew Gardens (meet me on Lefferts fir a pint!:banned:) and this sum##### is a royal hop in my mick/guinea ###  :ptts:

hope to peek in on a few to see how Pimlico is playing ... i might be cool to plunk action on the :topcat: Sue 🐎

 

Edited by otb_lifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

have a minute for race 6, 8.5 alw on the cabbage, gonna play a hunch with the 2 (14-1) like his front running figs with this lot - saver exacta key (5) box wheel 2/5/7

Edited by otb_lifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

have a minute for race 6, 8.5 alw on the cabbage, gonna play a hunch with the 2 (14-1) like his front running figs with this lot - saver exacta key (5) box wheel 2/5/7

8/5/2 ... keyed the right mofo, had my 2 in the mix ... but chucked the 8 for the 7

$48.80  on the $2 ex. for the second/third faves ... generous payout given those two up top 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

race 7, ladies on the dirt (fast) going 6f in the 100k Skipat  ... prohib fave is the 3, but im'ma key box with the 7, recently popped a c-note fig ... will also use the 8 (12-1) up in here (connections are scoring at a juicy %) - exacta key wheel box 7 w/3,8

ETA: also playing tri key wheel box 7 w/3,8,9

ETA 2 - the 3 is lathered the #### in the post parade, very hot n' bothered

Edited by otb_lifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, otb_lifer said:

anyone scaring up action for today's card? really wanna dive in but i got a last minute client call to Kew Gardens (meet me on Lefferts fir a pint!:banned:) and this sum##### is a royal hop in my mick/guinea ###  :ptts:

hope to peek in on a few to see how Pimlico is playing ... i might be cool to plunk action on the :topcat: Sue 🐎

 

Maybe later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

race 7, ladies on the dirt (fast) going 6f in the 100k Skipat  ... prohib fave is the 3, but im'ma key box with the 7, recently popped a c-note fig ... will also use the 8 (12-1) up in here (connections are scoring at a juicy %) - exacta key wheel box 7 w/3,8

ETA: also playing tri key wheel box 7 w/3,8,9

ETA 2 - the 3 is lathered the #### in the post parade, very hot n' bothered

3 held most of the way around, :22, :44 splits, last qtr in pretty much 12 flat - fast indeed ... #2 at 60-1 in second, #1 at 30-1 in third :shock:

ETA: $2 exacta paid $73, $2 tri yielded $450, $2200 and change for $2 super (8 clunked up to bottom it)

Edited by otb_lifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Whoo-weee, OTB!

Sounds like everything’s jake.

Have ya yet found the choice bit of calico? I hear she's out dere.

Don’t take any wooden nickels from Dumb Dora!

What am I say'n, you know your onions...just don't get tooooo osssified.

Reuben out.

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Race 8, Adena Springs Miss Preakness 100k, 10 of 'em going 6f on the fast dirt ... liking the 6 at a nice price (currently 12/1) - ex key wheel box w/2,5,12 ... tri key wheel box w/2,5,11,12

ETA: think i'm gonna regret tossing the #3 horse in this one :ptts:

 

Edited by otb_lifer

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

Race 8, Adena Springs Miss Preakness 100k, 10 of 'em going 6f on the fast dirt ... liking the 6 at a nice price (currently 12/1) - ex key wheel box w/2,5,12 ... tri key wheel box w/2,5,11,12

ETA: think i'm gonna regret tossing the #3 horse in this one :ptts:

 

2/4/8/12 ... the 2 COVFEFE :lmao: broke the track 6f record ... they are ####### flying out there ... was never in doubt - my 6 never lifted a ####### hoof - might finish last in the Preakness tomorrow, still hasn't crossed the line :deadhorse:

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, otb_lifer said:

g'mornin' y'all!   :coffee:

last trio to look at ... coupla loooongshots, and a decent priced closer - start with the long plays:

Market King - the gray beard special! connections (D.Wayne , Court) are a combined 473 yrs old :shock: (ok, closer to 140, but ya get the drift) :D

anyways, only purpose i see this cat serving is to help the early pace - had his career best run while hitting 3rd in the Rebel (Omaha/Game Winner), but that career best was still 8 lengths back of the top two heavy duty Derby timber colts in front of him ... came back 3 weeks later and chucked an absolute #### effort in the Bluegrass  - if he gets a top 10 call in the stretch i'll #### twinkies. 

Everfast -  yeah, he's not

longest shot on the board, and rightfully so - ran a respectable second in the Holy Bull, then mixed it up with the crop heavyweights in the F.o.Y. and Fla. Derby ... nothing spectacular outta him in those class jumps - has one win, was in his first career start (a 7f sprint) - that's where he belongs. 

Laughing Fox - now we get a bit interesting with one who loves coming off the pace ... 20/1 ml on a horse Asmussen claimed after his debut.  knocked around Oaklawn all season, got himself gates at the Reb and Ark Derby ... nothing noteworthy, even finished behind Market King in the former :unsure:

so, why is he interesting? because i loved what i saw in the Oaklawn Invitational  - a very hot early pace laid down by some true tomato cans, but this cat rallied like a champ, and really dug in down the stretch ... pace petered out late, but he took care of the biz at hand - nice tuneup for a race that will prolly play similar tomorrow ... 'cept the tomato cans from Oaklawn will be replaced by some top notch horse flesh - big jump in class from his last, but he's been around similar previously, albeit with diminished returns. 

coming off a career best effort, i'm a suckah for deep closers in a speed class field - verrrrrry slim to none chance of this one on top, but he is a live longy down the rest of the exotic spreads. 

 

I LOVE that you are in on Laughing Fox.  I circled him yesterday and will have him underneath with some others.  Hot damn, let's cash some tickets!

  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I'm going heavy with Improbable and Alwaysmining on top and using Bourbon War, Bodexpress and Laughing Fox underneath.  I think the top two chase each other hard down the stretch with Laughing Fox passing gassed horses for third.  If it ain't the Fox, Bourbon or Bode will be there.  And if the speed demons get beat, so be it.  

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

I LOVE that you are in on Laughing Fox.  I circled him yesterday and will have him underneath with some others.  Hot damn, let's cash some tickets!

:hifive:

forgot to mention in my writeup that his pops is Belmont winner Union Rags, so we gots some class up in that pedigree, to boot ... the speed is holding today, haven't seen anyone close into the money from too far out ... hope we get a bit more square for tomorrow, because i don't think the Fox can eat into the upfront Preakness blazers if this form holds - still using, regardless - love his last one too much to toss. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Race 9, The 100k Hilltop on the spinach ... gonna take a shot with the 35/1 #14 as key, good form for this lot, here we go ..

tri key wheel box: 14 w/2,3,5,6,11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

Race 9, The 100k Hilltop on the spinach ... gonna take a shot with the 35/1 #14 as key, good form for this lot, here we go ..

tri key wheel box: 14 w/2,3,5,6,11

5/2/3 ... 14 backed up in the stretch

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
25 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Anybody got any inspiration on the Susan?  I'm looking but don't love anything.

i gotta take a break for a bit, will be back for that one later

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
48 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

2/4/8/12 ... the 2 COVFEFE :lmao: broke the track 6f record ... they are ####### flying out there ... was never in doubt - my 6 never lifted a ####### hoof - might finish last in the Preakness tomorrow, still hasn't crossed the line :deadhorse:

Speeds holding?

Anyone coming from the clouds?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Speeds holding?

Anyone coming from the clouds?

it's friggin' lethal thus far

1 hour ago, otb_lifer said:

2/4/8/12 ... the 2 COVFEFE :lmao: broke the track 6f record ... they are ####### flying out there ... was never in doubt - my 6 never lifted a ####### hoof - might finish last in the Preakness tomorrow, still hasn't crossed the line :deadhorse:

 

51 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

:hifive:

the speed is holding today, haven't seen anyone close into the money from too far out ... hope we get a bit more square for tomorrow, because i don't think the Fox can eat into the upfront Preakness blazers if this form holds - still using, regardless - love his last one too much to toss. 

 

Edited by otb_lifer
  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

big size 4 donut today - should've paid less attention to my numbnutz client :ptts:

Mox, tell Slappy that Daddy's gon' drinkin :suds:

I warn'd ya bout the ossification, O! :doh:

Zozzled's just round the corner...next to the pettin' pantry...

Keep yous remain'n mazuma safe!

  • Laughing 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

I warn'd ya bout the ossification, O! :doh:

Zozzled's just round the corner...next to the pettin' pantry...

Keep yous remain'n mazuma safe!

now you're on the trolley!

anyways, i was so wrapt with that bluenose ... nary had time for a gasper, let alone some choice 'capping - was further distracted by the comely cancelled stamp who pounds his numbahs. hitting the loo to pop a jorum of skee from my quult was darb enough to keep me half seas ovah.

i damn near pulled a Dan'l Boone on Lefferts blvd when i realized the hayburner i ordered was staring me in the peeps - somehow straggled h'bound in finest fettle. 

i kinda regret not cashing that choice bit o'calico from the bricks, but through my ossification i spied a manacle - sockdollager 'nuff for me to know my ####### onions on that score. 

catch ya on the late - :coffee:

 

  • Love 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, Leroy Hoard said:

Possibly meaningless stat of the day:

1,4,5,8 are the only graded stakes winners in the field.

#1) think he peaked in the Risen Star - hard to shake that #### run in the La. Derby - they claim slight injury on that count ... as far as the Derby, we had Bodexpress in better shape, imo, before the incident - Bode was severely shuffled, WoW steadied and had the whole stretch to check Max, but the run just wasn't there ... not too troubled by the 1 hole today - if Gaff and Casse put half as much effort into gigging this cat for a prime run as they do in #####ing about the KD bump, well, we'd have a legit BEAST. 

#4) it's exactly 5 months to the day since his last score ... finishing behind Omaha is nothing to be worried about, but Long Range Toddy in the Reb?  look, Imp's a deserving fave today, but not without some chinks in the armor - he may have peaked in that 12/18 Los Al romp - declining figs since :shrug:

#5) coming off his career best in that Lex - :24s all around, gonna go much hotter today - best fig in the field from last race run, trainer hitting at a lovely clip ... fantastic final work for this one - but still a bit concerned about an atrocious bounce in the Risen Star, which had a pace akin to what i expect today. 

#8) has shown nice closer chops in brisker affairs, flattened in the Juvey, but roared in the KJGC - had a horse#### F.o.Y. followed by getting blown away by W3 in the BG stretch last out .

Edited by otb_lifer
  • Thanks 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

meanwhile, Gary West ups the "put up or SHUT THE #### UP!" ante  (mostly aimed at WoW's ##### connections) :boxing:

i, for one, heartily welcome this kinda jazz for a mostly comatose industry :pickle:

 

In a statement released on Friday, West issued a $20 million challenge to four Kentucky Derby rivals: if Country House, War of Will, Long Range Toddy, or Bodexpress can beat Maximum Security in any race before January 1, 2020, he’ll pay the owner of that horse $5 million of his own money. There’s a catch, though. If one of the other owners takes West up on his challenge, they’ll have to wager $5 million of their own money to pay West if Maximum Security beats their horse.

The horses don’t have to all run in the same race to take on this challenge. It could be any race between now and January 1 — West didn’t set any specifications for the length of race or the type of surface. And the other horses wouldn’t even have to win the race, they would just have to beat Maximum Security.

In the statement West released about the challenge, he said that this contest has nothing to do with the Kentucky Derby disqualification of Maximum Security, but is instead about his belief in his horse’s athletic ability. Via the Louisville Courier Journal:

“Most experts agree that Maximum Security was the best horse in the Kentucky Derby. I don’t care to discuss the controversy surrounding the events of the race and the disqualification of my horse at this time, but I firmly believe I have the best 3-year-old in the country and I’m willing to put my money where my mouth is.”

It’s a little hard to believe that this $20 million Kentucky Derby rematch challenge has nothing to do with Maximum Security’s disqualification. But West also said that he hopes the challenge will lead to more interest in horse racing — presumably beyond the interest that’s come from West refusing to let go of Maximum Security’s DQ.

The statement also teased the possibility of a race between the five horses, saying it would “potentially create the most lucrative race in the world.” With all the hubbub surrounding Maximum Security’s disqualification and all the bets that would surely be placed on the race, West is probably right about that.

 

ETA: "West will donate Maximum Security’s winnings from this challenge (if any, and up to $20 million) to the Permanently Disabled Jockey’s Fund. If no owners accept the challenge, West pledges to donate 10 percent of Maximum Security’s future lifetime racing earnings to the Permanently Disabled Jockeys Fund." :thumbup:

 

BRING THIS THE #### ON!! GOOD ON YA, WEST!

Edited by otb_lifer
  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I still haven't sat down and capped this field, but I can't just can't get off Win Win Win.

I'm a sucker for a closer (it's a sickness) and he CLOSED in the Blue Grass after checking hard into the 2nd turn.

Supposedly hated the slop in the KD and is adding blinkers today, maybe he isn't so far back early today. 

He also set the track record at Tampa (I know) for 7f in January..

Just a weird horse to figure out that has a chance today imo but also has a chance to burn my $ again 

🤷‍♂️

Edited by Cowboysfan8

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
10 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

I still haven't sat down and capped this field, but I can't just can't get off Win Win Win.

I'm a sucker for a closer (it's a sickness) and he CLOSED in the Blue Grass after checking hard into the 2nd turn.

Supposedly hated the slop in the KD and is adding blinkers today, maybe he isn't so far back early today. 

He also set the track record at Tampa (I know) for 7f in January..

Just a weird horse to figure out that has a chance today imo but also has a chance to burn my $ again 

🤷‍♂️

yeah, he killed it in the Pasco - didn't know he clocked a track record, good to glean that today :thumbup:

i thought he #### his first route attempt in the TB Derby, he was highly touted off that Pasco score ... just a middlin' effort, good enuff for fourth - toss for first route try? dunno, home track, tons of chops flashed in his previous ... the stretch out was just not in his cards that Feb. afternoon :shrug:

lights came ON in that Bluegrass ... overcame the trouble, and rallied hardcore into a crisp pace - that stretch run was pure balls to the wall - gotta love the effort. 

concerned about speed holding today ... if it's playing advantageous to front end blazes then this cat is an easy toss from the 13 hole ... just can't see him with enough juice to cross over to hang with the 3 and 7, let alone Imp and WoW drafting them - will be a tall order in that scenario.

if we get some cloud runs today, then, yeah - he's live. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

on my way to tossing the whole field :scared: cases made against all - the #6 and #10 lead the pack - wouldn't use either of 'em in a field full of three legged sloths.

man, i hope we get some affirmative track bias clarity - 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, otb_lifer said:

 glimpse at how the punters wagered the Suze/Preak dbl

$1 8 with:

1 $23
2 $26
3 $58
4 $16
5 $30
6 $389
7 $36
8 $125
9 $95
10 $420
11 $142
12 $44
13 $72

https://twitter.com/truxtonstables/status/1129517898760970245

 :deadhorse: 

I always like to look at these, probably closer than the morning line predicting final odds.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this  

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.