Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums
Sign in to follow this  
otb_lifer

Of Lillies & Remains - A One Year Hiatus/A Maximum Ripoff/D&D Dumb Down Westeros/Happy Birfday Sid Vish *** Preak Epilogue - On To Belmont: West Needs To Look East ***

16 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Not my yr for the TC races it seems

Oh well. Hope you all made something

Yeah, me neither.  There was a time I thought I could do this but I can't anymore and it's not even really close.  :(

6 minutes ago, General Malaise said:

Yeah, me neither.  There was a time I thought I could do this but I can't anymore and it's not even really close.  :(

Eh, that's why they call it gambling instead of winning

We'll get em next time 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, General Malaise said:

wait 'til this thread bottoms out after the Belmont and i'm posting pick 4s from bullrings like Fonner Park and Canterbury :shock:

3 hours ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Eh, that's why they call it gambling instead of winning

We'll get em next time 

see the above, maybe i'll start sooner than mid-June, got a bit of a war chest to burn thru here :ptts:

• Like 1

Had WoW $100 across the board but the 10 horse killed all my exotics, made a few bucks in the end. Watched the race at Monmouth Park, beautiful day out yet the place was a ghost town.

• Like 1

Btw, Maximum Security shipped to Monmouth about 10 days ago. They pranced him around in the Paddock for about a half hour yesterday afternoon. Seems like the Haskill may be his next race.

Edited by Penguin
  • Like 1

10 hours ago, Penguin said:

Btw, Maximum Security shipped to Monmouth about 10 days ago. They pranced him around in the Paddock for about a half hour yesterday afternoon. Seems like the Haskill may be his next race.

interesting ... that would mark roughly 3 months between starts (Haskell is usually first Sunday in August, or thereabout) - who knows, maybe WoW's owner accepts the West challenge and we get a juicy ### plot line for the Belmont :shrug:

36 minutes ago, otb_lifer said:

interesting ... that would mark roughly 3 months between starts (Haskell is usually first Sunday in August, or thereabout) 

Sounds like maybe the Pegasus first

• Thanks 1

14 minutes ago, Cowboysfan8 said:

Sounds like maybe the Pegasus first

makes a ton more sense to notch one outing before the Haskell, which is usually a ridiculously paced affair run over concrete like conditions ... can't see their aim in trying that kinda harrowing gig without a warmup race. 

• Like 1

14 hours ago, Penguin said:

Had WoW $100 across the board but the 10 horse killed all my exotics, made a few bucks in the end. Watched the race at Monmouth Park, beautiful day out yet the place was a ghost town.

i'll be down there for the Belmont, my 'capping buddy has a reserved area on the rail ... stop by and have a few coldies if you're planning on attending. 

On 5/18/2019 at 6:41 AM, otb_lifer said:
On 5/17/2019 at 5:15 PM, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

I warn'd ya bout the ossification, O! :doh:

Zozzled's just round the corner...next to the pettin' pantry...

Keep yous remain'n mazuma safe!

now you're on the trolley!

Piffle!

I've always been on. 🤬

anyways, i was so wrapt with that bluenose ... nary had time for a gasper, let alone some choice 'capping - was further distracted by the comely cancelled stamp who pounds his numbahs. hitting the loo to pop a jorum of skee from my quult was darb enough to keep me half seas ovah.

No gaspers?! 

Yeah...tell it to Sweeney. 🙄

Regard'n that stamp...Woof! Woof!...but the skee be berries in my mind. Yay!

i damn near pulled a Dan'l Boone on Lefferts blvd when i realized the hayburner i ordered was staring me in the peeps - somehow straggled h'bound in finest fettle. 

A Boone?

Oh man - that's a flat tire fer sure, but at least the Jalopy Joe  served its purpose.

i kinda regret not cashing that choice bit o'calico from the bricks, but through my ossification i spied a manacle - sockdollager 'nuff for me to know my ####### onions on that score. 

Rhatz, manacles are bind'n, bub. Good decision. 

catch ya on the late - :coffee:

You slay me. 🤕

1 hour ago, Man of Constant Sorrow said:

Piffle!

I've always been on. 🤬

No gaspers?! 

Yeah...tell it to Sweeney. 🙄

Regard'n that stamp...Woof! Woof!...but the skee be berries in my mind. Yay!

A Boone?

Oh man - that's a flat tire fer sure, but at least the Jalopy Joe  served its purpose.

Rhatz, manacles are bind'n, bub. Good decision. 

You slay me. 🤕

:lmao:

slappy!

On 5/20/2019 at 1:01 PM, otb_lifer said:

i'll be down there for the Belmont, my 'capping buddy has a reserved area on the rail ... stop by and have a few coldies if you're planning on attending. 

I'm hoping I can make it over that day, I'll let you know when we get closer to the 8th

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Penguin said:

I'm hoping I can make it over that day, I'll let you know when we get closer to the 8th

cool, just found out yesterday - one of his clients always has a reserved rail area for the big events ... i went a couple years ago on Travers Day, place was jammed and jamming - nice to have that private section full of kegs and grub :banned: