What's new
Fantasy Football - Footballguys Forums

Welcome to Our Forums. Once you've registered and logged in, you're primed to talk football, among other topics, with the sharpest and most experienced fantasy players on the internet.

Plumbing Question (1 Viewer)

James Daulton

Footballguy
Just had my basement waterproofed and finished.  We put a bathroom in and since it's below the sewer line an injector pit was put in.  Now I have a brand new sump pump pit and ejector pit sitting right next to each other.  The Ejector pit is hooked into the sewer while the sump pit go outside and onto my driveway for now.  Let's say that theoretically one were to join the sump pump output with the ejector pit output so both go to the sewer, the pipes are literally right next to each other.  

What would one need to do to make this  happen and to ensure that the ejector pit remains secure and not bothered?  The pipes would be connected about 5 feet off the ground and are about 1 foot below the sewer line.  And yes, I know we are not supposed to run sump pumps into the sewer line.

Asking for a friend who's sick of his wet driveway/yard. 

https://youtu.be/CawavdYGjGE

I understand that you don’t want your driveway wet But why not pipe  the discharge of your sump to an appropriate place in the backyard?
The backyard is a little uphill.  My choice is go under the driveway or run the line about 70 feet to the street, under two sidewalks, and out the curb.  A huge PITA and expense.  And the sewer line is right there!

You could also dig a dry well in the yard and drain to it. Tapping into the ejector line is probably a bad idea since it is under pressure when in use. You would get sewage backing up into your sump line.

You could also dig a dry well in the yard and drain to it. Tapping into the ejector line is probably a bad idea since it is under pressure when in use. You would get sewage backing up into your sump line.
Yea, seems like this may not be the best way to go.  Gonna have to bite the bullet and do some digging I suppose 

Users who are viewing this thread